[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greasers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: greaser.jpg (338 KB, 1280x1717) Image search: [Google]
greaser.jpg
338 KB, 1280x1717
Hey /r9k/...
In your opinion do you think that the greaser culture\atitude is more compatible with robots or chads? I think that a greaser isn't a complete chad cause he is also perceived as an outcast however they have a cocky attitude that lacks on robots...
Pheraps the greaser is the definition of a "cyborg"?
>>
File: Greaser feels.png (1 MB, 1068x1764) Image search: [Google]
Greaser feels.png
1 MB, 1068x1764
>>24343324
A bunch of cyborgs with a chad as the leader.
>>
>>24343369
Probably... that's a good definition... However, there are greasers that wander on their own...

Music related btw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G0ZMN7T2kY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wna-PSUozA
>>
One thing is certain... If they were chads i gotta say that they were way cooler and tougher than the chads we have nowadays.
Nowadays gangsters may be more violent and extreme but they don't have half the style the greasers had
>>
>tfw weird fondness of 50s culture like greasers and rockabilly
I-I'm not one of those "le wrong generation" types. I just like so much from that time....
>>
>>24343324
Greasers were just 50s hood niggers/beaners
>>
>>24343815
Me too... I'm not a "wrong generation" guy either but i just love so much the aesthetics and music from that era...
(I dress like a greaser tough)
>>
>>24343874
>50s hood niggers/beaners

Nah... Most greasers were mainly white people and italo-americans and their attitude was way different than the "hood niggers\wiggers" we have nowadays
>>
>>24343815
>tfw collect pomades to feel like cool "greaser" with pomp, when really you just suck
>>
>>24343815
It's admirable because Americans who lived before individualism were selfless compared to Americans now. The 60s bore a lot of self-centered hippies and baby boomers gave birth to our parents and us, which resulted in a bunch of people resenting their narcissistic baby boomer parents and wishing to live in a era where selflessness and collectivism existed.

Individualism/Lifestyle
>after 60s, people suddenly want to be special snowflakes
>no one wanted to enlist in the Vietnam war, caused rifts between old and young people
>making lifestyle choices to define yourself, such as buying things to show off who you are
>women suddenly want men's careers and more rights

Collectivism
>before 50s
>selflessness/sacrifice
>enlisting in wars was pretty much required if you were able and male, otherwise you were seen as a selfish faggot
>women were expected to sacrifice themselves to serve their husband and children
>men were expected to not be pussy faggots and to live a collectivism life, you did things for the growth of your nation

Has nothing to do with era, it was simply a huge shift in our cultural views. Many countries are still like this though, just get out of America if you hate it.
>>
>>24343369
>always wanted to try to wear a leather jacket
>never do because I feel I'll look like a faggot no matter what
>>
File: attorneyatlol.png (359 KB, 610x463) Image search: [Google]
attorneyatlol.png
359 KB, 610x463
>>24343324
Greasers were the gangs of the day sans gang activity (such as drug production and sale, but still with "turf").

Unless you can successfully defend a block with your mates with nothing but a busted pepsi bottle or a baseball bat or a switchblade then you can't be a greaser.

Also,
>Pheraps the greaser is the definition of a "cyborg"?
>mfw
>>
>>24344402
OP just simply watched too many movies that glorify/romanticise greasers just like how people are fond of pirates while actual pirates were people you never want to be around unless you can sink them
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.