[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Hiro is making money? Or do you think he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: there goes my hiro.jpg (24 KB, 550x332) Image search: [Google]
there goes my hiro.jpg
24 KB, 550x332
Do you think Hiro is making money? Or do you think he's going to regret buying this site?
>>
>>24342063
He's cleaning the place up in hopes of getting more traffic and ad money.

Also most likely selling any info he can get to advertisers.
>>
>>24342527
There have definitely been more ads. Some bitcoin gambling websites have been advertising on /biz/.
>>
>>24342527
Cleaning up?

For the love of god I hope he doesn't get rid of /pol/ and /b/, or alter them significantly. I feel like 4chan is one of the last places on the Internet that actually believes in freedom. Reddit sure as fuck doesn't.
>>
>>24342063
I think he will sell tones of money off our shitposts, unlike other website who are being very modest with info trafficking, yes?
>>
>>24342578
freedom how, you can't even post CP
>>
>>24342578
No this stopped awhile ago, you get banned for alot of things.
>>
>>24342676
What are some examples? Are they global rules or just for those boards?
>>
He is selling the user info like he did with 2ch.

He is a jew in gook clothing.
>>
>>24343347
Yeah but who cares? What is he going to sell? How often I post the word jew or something?

I don't give a shit if advertising companies know what betas are into. This might benefit me.
>>
>>24342063
He is selling data from our posts. Same thing he did when he owned 2ch which is why he lost control of that. In the US it is far more socially acceptable. Facebook for example makes almost all its money by selling your profile data.
>>
>>24343400
What type of info did he even sell?
>>
>>24343474
video sums it up well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KFz9WRRNpk
>>
>>24343400
>selling data

Do you mean the premium user credit card info?

That was from a security breach.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/2ch_Chronicle/Deanonymization_Incident

Hating on authority is pretty cool, demonizing it is even cooler, especially when you have nothing to lose and enjoyment to gain.
>>
He's selling data. You dumbfucks keep replying to "answer this survey" threads. Those kinds of threads get like 300 replies from you people and you come here later whining about how gook is selling data.
>>
>>24343474
allegedly* sell

The information that was likely sold was information of people who purchased something from 2ch, think 4chan pass that is for sale now. What was leaked was the personal information of 40,000 2ch users, such as name, address, phone number, credit card information, e-mail, etc. After the leak, they were suspected of selling the information because it as mined/contained as if it was being sold. This is when the investigation started.

They have also allegedly discovered that they were being paid to delete certain posts.

It's not all that uncommon for companies to sell data mined information to advertisers, especially in the US or even remove content they are being paid to remove, such as Facebook or Reddit. He can easily get away with this in the US and it's a big money opportunity for him. He's also doing his part to please users so that's nice too. There is some controversy around this because others believe other co-founders were involved and not Hiroshima.

If you don't want him to have your information, then don't buy a fucking 4chan pass. Simple as that.
>>
>>24342614
Well maybe that freedom shouldn't be allowed...
>>
>>24343572
what is wrong with selling data though?
>>
Technically this site was his to begin with
>>
>>24343572
No one posts their home address, phone number or credit card information in a survey thread retard. The information such as gender and age can be easily obtained without a survey.
>>
File: metal feel.png (15 KB, 305x275) Image search: [Google]
metal feel.png
15 KB, 305x275
>>24343572
>mfw this thread could be one of Hiro's undercover info grab thread
>>
>>24343588
wow

hiro's a piece if shit
>>
File: 1447639489342.jpg (63 KB, 498x960) Image search: [Google]
1447639489342.jpg
63 KB, 498x960
>>24343515
I liked him...
>>
>/asp/ turned to alternative sports AND wrestling
>wrasslefags are still buttdevastated.

God Bless Hiro
>>
>>24342574
I've just been getting the usual J-list and occasional shit ones like "Mr. Pepe"
>>
ITT Newfriends
>>24342574
Has been there long before Anne Hiro
>>24342578
There's thousands of sites where you can post pretty much anything controversial. Twitter and Tumblr for example. 4chan isn't special
>>24342676
>awhile ago
4chan had rules and bans from the start, and the point of the site was never "post anything you want"
>>
>>24345902
b-but my nwo
t-the jews
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.