[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do orcs know what menus are?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1447801133114.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447801133114.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
How do orcs know what menus are?
>>
Restaurants are open in human middle earth, hunans use the word and it's passed to the orcs.
>>
Because it's a translation into english and probably was an idiomatic phrase in their language that didn't quite translate.
And the closest translation was that.
>>
>>24340048
Isengard is a fancy place. Much fancier than Mordor.
>>
That is actually a surprisingly good point
>>
Same way you know what a vagina is
They heard other people talking about them
>>
>>24340048
It's not in the books.

Peter Jackson added it because he is fat and loves restaurants.
>>
>>24340048
There are orc restaurants, obviously
>>
>>24340153
you've never seen this question asked before? you've never asked it yourself before?
>>
>>24340048
He was actually using the Orcish word "meh-nu'u", which means "platter".
>>
>>24340048

Their language was created by Sauron, and Sauron probably knows what a menu is. While I must salute your good eyes, there must be a lot of ways to explain it, as there are inns in their world.

>>24340328

There are a few anachronism in the books but Tolkien mostly added them about hobbits, including gollum, like when he's talking about how to cook a fish with Sam :

> Give it to us raw and w-r-r-riggling; you keep nasty chips.

Fish and chips became popular in England only during the 19th century. You shouldn't know about that recipe in the middle of Mordor. Except if you're a fucking hobbit on a quest to destroy an ancient and noble culture.
>>
File: 1360211120094.jpg (10 KB, 525x652) Image search: [Google]
1360211120094.jpg
10 KB, 525x652
Why didn't they just fly the eagles to Mordor?
>>
>>24340544
because tolkien is a terrible writer and the only thing he is good at is world building
>>
>>24340570
>my Manwe
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.