[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just had my first day at my new mcjob today >6 hour shift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: Slide-Mcdonalds-Careers-3.jpg (239 KB, 574x400) Image search: [Google]
Slide-Mcdonalds-Careers-3.jpg
239 KB, 574x400
Just had my first day at my new mcjob today

>6 hour shift
>got paid to go through a piss easy orientation computer presentation with quizzes for the first two hours
>spent the rest of it giving people food and making ice cream with the occasional break to learn something new
>easy tasks but you're preoccupied enough not to get bored
>made money for this

It was great. That feeling of wasting my day away shitposting has gone away, and its a great feeling. Its like how I used to feel back when I worked out. I even feel like being social again and going out and doing things.

Is getting a job the cure to depression/robotism?
>>
>>24339593
No, I work at dairyqueen and have been the last 10 months. You will get used to this in about 2 months and there will be nothing new to learn. You will end up going over the same tasks over and over like a mindless drone and you will be completely aware of it. You are working minimum wage and doing an absolutely pointless job that does nothing for anyone aside from helping boost the obesity rate. Enjoy it while you can but know it won't last much longer.
>>
>>24339593
>I even feel like being social again and going out and doing things.

That's what happened when I got my job a few months ago. Now I go out every Friday after work with a group of people I work with and have a great time. Slowly getting my shit together after years of not even leaving the house.

Feels good. man.
>>
>>24339674
>You are working minimum wage and doing an absolutely pointless job that does nothing for anyone aside from helping boost the obesity rate

Well that downed my mood.

Isn't that basically true of most jobs though, especially lower class jobs?

Also, I make above minimum wage starting, even though its not as much as Id like, but its enough to buy myself nice dindins a couple times a week and support my hobbies.
>>
>>24339593
Sorry bro, but I've been working for the past 2 years, at an IGA in the deli. It really doesn't help. I hate half of my workmates, and half of them hate me.
>>
File: 1445720128495.jpg (7 KB, 246x255) Image search: [Google]
1445720128495.jpg
7 KB, 246x255
>>24339746
>>24339593

Dang it I'm proud of you guys.
>>
>>24339780
Thanks. Not every day is easy but I'm so pleased I'm not in a rut anymore.
>>
>>24339746
It does feel good! I'm glad to see another anon enjoying the release from neetdom. Cheers!
>>
>Making $7.25 an hour
>Feeling great
Bitch, I don't get out of bed for less than $39 an hour.
>>
File: 1424671038392.gif (2 MB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
1424671038392.gif
2 MB, 240x135
That feeling will start to wear off soon enough.
>>
>>24339815
All the best. Stick with it and move on and upwards towards better things. Who knows, you might even meet a cute grill.

One girl from my work took ME out a few nights ago for beers and now she's messaging me first and seems pretty interested to say the least. Even if nothing happens with her, I couldn't be happier with where I am right now.
>>
>>24339674

This. The only thing that will negate this is if you work with awesome people who make it fun.

I cook at a restaurant where I at least learn new things all the time. But even I'm getting burnt out on the place. All the fun people have left, and I feel myself stagnating. At least I lasted four years, but it's getting to be time to move on.
>>
>>24339593
Yeah man. It's a fantastic feel. Having money in my bank account. Saving up and setting goals for myself. Like buying a car. Buying a car and saving more money and having a healthy bank account while having wheels. Gave me enough confidence to try dating. Now I'm in a relationship with an okay job and my own car. I'm making it guys
>>
>>24339838
Sounds like a rate of forklift to lift your fat ass from the bed.
>>
>>24339593
>Is getting a job the cure to depression/robotism?

Yeah, obviously. It's literally the only pathway to advancement and self-sufficiency in our culture.
>>
>>24339914
Dohohoho, you got me good, old boy.

Still, a minimum wage job is nothing to brag about.
>>
>>24339838
>Bitch, I don't get out of bed for less than $39 an hour.

So...the only thing you do is work or sleep?

Sounds like a pretty shit life. Have you thought about making some friends, getting hobbies, etc?
>>
>>24339926

Why are you so fucking butthurt that OP got a job?
>>
>>24339593
if this is your way of finding purpose
but if you view it as wageslaving it's far from the solution you've been searching for
>>
>>24339937
Bartenders are my friends and drinking is my hobby.

I live a very easy and content life.
>>
>>24339926
>someone is sorting their life out
>STOP BRAGGING

Wow, your life must really suck. (FYI, I don't want to hear about it, just fuck off to other thread really)
>>
>>24339838
Pfft, I don't even shit for anything less than 75 grand.
>>
>>24339974
>I live a very easy and content life.

Uh, yeah. So content that you're on /r9k/ at 7 PM whining up a storm that some teenager got a job at mcdonalds.

What the fuck, dude. This is some next-level autism here.
>>
File: 100-Grand-Wrapper-Small.jpg (187 KB, 800x205) Image search: [Google]
100-Grand-Wrapper-Small.jpg
187 KB, 800x205
>>24339992
I wouldn't either. What kind of bootleg candy bars are you getting?
>>
You don't enjoy working, nobody does, especially a mc Donald employee. You do hard slave work for min wage while customers talk down to you. There is nothing to like, it's not worth it. Stay home and atleast enjoy life.
>>
>>24340012
Don't hate the player, hate the game, home slice.
>>
>>24339593
It may be minimum wage, but you can say your working for the most powerful restaurant chain the world.
>>
>>24340012
I'm actually 22.

>>24340024
I did enjoy it. It was easy, but fast paced enough that I didn't feel bored. I felt like it was kind of fun to challenge myself to see how fast I could complete an order.

Also, there were only a couple of rude/condescending customers I encountered. The vast majority were very polite and friendly.
>>
>>24340070
But he doesn't work for Subway.
>>
>>24340024
>Stay home and atleast enjoy life

Yeh, listen to this guy. Why work when you can stay at home and live off government bucks, not meeting anybody and posting on /r9k/ all day about how your life sucks and your plan to 'kill all normies'

Living the dream.

Anyway, good for you OP. You might end up hating the job soon, but it's easier to get a job when you're in one. Stay with it.
>>
>>24340012
this to be honest family

OP good work just keep a positive attitude. it's literally all you need. joke around with coworkers, joke around with customers. some will be sad assholes but some will be cool people, just like in this very thread.
>>
>>24340102
The only reason Subway is considered the most powerful restaurant chain is because fast food places don't count for some reason.
>>
>>24340095
yeah, i work in a supermarket too, and i try just to have fun with it. i don't have much responsibility and don't want any too.
>>
>>24340118
They have more locations than McD's buddy.
>>
>>24340146
[citation required for that comment because it is a bold claim that fails to suspend disbelief]
>>
>>24339974
Dennis Reynolds pls go
>>
Is desu senpai filtered?
>>
>>24340181
http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/worlds-largest-fast-food-chains

>>24340200
One of the bartenders I have looks and acts exactly like him.
>>
>>24340181

Google is hard as fuck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subway_(restaurant)

>44,419 restaurants in 111 countries[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s

>36,000+ worldwide
>>
>be me taken on to work at new kfc
>store opens, working too many hours
>after a month store does shit business
>hours cut down
>told I have to be more outgoing to get more hours
>fuck this
>get job at mcdonalds down the road that is killing new kfc
>as many hours as I want, and I can be as robotic as a I want
>>
>Work at hardware rental place
>Mostly slow days
>Just sit around for the last 3 hours of day just talking to co-workers waiting for someone to come by
>Usually they don't

Its this what being a slave is like?
>>
>>24340245
>robotic as a I want

Is this true though? All the people I graduated high school from last year fill fast food restaurants, and I fear I'll be judged t.b.h
>>
>>24339593
you will probably start hating it when they give you sales targets or when you're put under pressure a lot from stupid temperamental managers.
>>
>>24339593
feels pretty gud man
>close the grill at night so I don't interact with any customers
>8 pm to 1 am I can put in headphones and ignore my coworkers
>listen to Dostoyevsky
>clean everything faster than any of my lardass coworkers
>finish early and pce out

also
>get more female attention than ever before in my life
>one of my coworkers took creep shots
>another one is pretty cute and tries to flirts with me every night, too bad she has a kid
>>
>>24340414
>too bad she has a kid
You're looking at that all the wrong way. Now you know she puts out.
>>
>>24339593
I have a good job. I actually get depressed on weekends sometimes. I feel better when I'm busy at work, like recently. When I come home and relax, it just feels so worth it.

That said, there are days I hate my fucking job. And sometimes that turns into weeks. When that happens, everything sucks.

So no, getting a job isn't the cure. But it can certainly help, and it's damn sure better than having nothing.
>>
>>24340460
Nah I'm still too socially retarded to get anywhere with it. And I'm not that into her anyway. Still a solid 7 (friend of mine says she's a 8-9), but I hate smokers and the whole single mom thing just puts me off.
>>
File: 1313898327304.jpg (38 KB, 400x504) Image search: [Google]
1313898327304.jpg
38 KB, 400x504
>>24339593
I had my interview with Cisco today. Went so well they're flying me from Arizona to wash DC in a couple weeks for an on-sight interview. Pat is in the 150k range with full benefits and relo assistance.

Before you ask, I don't have a degree and yes it's computer related.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.