[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else /tryingtoquitthecancerstick/? any advice? three days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
who else /tryingtoquitthecancerstick/?

any advice? three days now, craving a cig like crazy
>>
what's with all the posts about smoking cigs?
>>
It's usually shitty for the first couple weeks, then you'll forget about it most likely

Best thing to do if you can't quit is just don't chain smoke, limit yourself to around 5-8 cigs per day, it makes a big difference. Only have them at times where you want to reward yourself, or at set times throughout the day, makes it so you have something to look for to and also you don't smoke the whole pack in a day.
>>
>>24339659
probably the same guy trying to keep himself occupied
>>
>any advice?
Vaping
>>
I quit cigs and now only smoke like maybe half a pack a month. The way I did it, is to do research on what each cig does to you and how it does it in part. That helped. The info they give you and the ridiculous ads the put out about rubish like "8,000 toxic substances'' and those scary creatures morphing into cigs doesn't do it. You got to do the work yourself and then each time you take a drag think about it. Worked for me. This can also probably work if you want to quit benzos or SSRIs or that other hard stuff and probably the recreational drugs like meth and weed. Just got to focus on the health aspects.
>>
>>24339659
try a different drug, many addicts use coffee. my father, i'm told, was an addict from 13 until 50, he was sober when i was young but i remember him drinking TONS of coffee. he eventually quit that too.

anyways the thing you have to realize is tobacco gets you high, people dont want to think they are drug addicts when all they do is smoke cigs but ur literally the same as the drunk in the gutter, the pothead, the H junkie, the speed freak, its just the side-effects of your high are more acceptable.

now the high from cigs is wimpy for sure but its a high, i smoked weed before i started cigs so i know whats up, i took to cigs because they are a cheap easy high that you can use while ur at work or school.

blah blah now that u accept you're a drug addict here's the deal, you're always gonna crave that shit, your brain needs stimulation. the only things that have worked to stimulate me as much as drugs are intense conversation, the kind of shit i'm engaging in right now, video games, and sex. maybe you're lucky and you can get hooked on reading or church or volunteer work or something, but the fact is you're an addict now with a brain that hates bordeom, you did it to yourself, this is your life now.
>>
>>24339718
nah that's just gay
>>
>>24339798
yeah i'm trying to just chew gum for now, something to sorta occupy my mouth in a similar way

i'm always friggin nervous
>>
I know I should quit but I like it too much. I'm still able to bang out 5 mile runs without much trouble so whatevs.
>>
>>24339817

>missing a fuckton of carcinogens in regular tobacco
>gay
>>
>>24339852
as long as you stay physically active, keep your blood pumping, the worst side-effects might not hit you. buildup in your cardiovascular system is no joke though and if you have a persistent cough that's the first sign and things just get worse and lead to a heart attack. smoking and coughing as i write this, should probably exercise, but i'm already gonna die young.
>>
I just stopped buying them because I thought of how those $5 a pack could go to my game funds, plus after two weeks of not smoking you can tell how shitty people smell who also smoke
>>
The only way for me to quit smoking was to quit drinking as well. Now I just eat fucking fruits all day fuck I want a drink.
>>
>>24340039
this guy didn't inhale.
>>
>>24339869
> looks either like a gimmicky plastic cigarette imitation or some sort of 18th century IV device
> no throat hit
> sweet, chemical taste
> you have to friggin recharge the thing
> no rhythm to the ritual - normal cigarettes smoke as long as, well, one cigarette. when you vape it just goes on and on
> no slick looking pack, you just sorta have your toygarette hanging around in your pocket
nah, i just can't

>>24340004
yeah, i have a (really mild but still) heart condition, so that's another reason i want to quit
>>
File: 1447606705846.png (239 KB, 489x499) Image search: [Google]
1447606705846.png
239 KB, 489x499
>>24339401

smoking till i die

cant wait to die

oh its so perfect
>>
>>24340157
I did for two years just to get over smoking weed since I had to become a wagekek

It really isn't that hard to quit if you total up the packs that you buy a year then think about how that can go to something more fun
>>
Just picked up a pack last week after quitting for two years, after my second cig I remembered why I stopped in the first place. Fuck cigarettes.
>>
>>24340221
mind sharing?`
>>
File: U3CrS50IT0yJnoDua3dXRw2.gif (493 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
U3CrS50IT0yJnoDua3dXRw2.gif
493 KB, 400x300
>>24340140

Snacking on granny smith apples helps quit too. It gives your hands something to do like when you're fumbling with cigs and lighters.
>>
>>24339401
>any advice?

Yeah quit buying cigarettes you fucking retard.

That's literally all it takes. You can't smoke what you don't have.
>>
>>24340162
You've obviously made up your mind, but to say no throat hit is just completely wrong. And you don't have to have a sweet juice, their are plenty of tobacco flavors.
>>
I noticed my breathing gets much worse when I smoke, so that worked for me. I never noticed before how much that shit fucking stinks and how it clings to your clothes and all your things. Smoke marijuana instead to satisfy your desire to 'smoke' but don't use tobacco.
>>
>>24340311
yeah. you like Marb reds? I'm about to just leave the pack by some smoke spot honestly.
>>
>>24339401
Just say fuck it and keep smoking. Who cares if it's slowly killing you? Life is always slowly killing you. Smoking makes you feel cool, doesn't it? Just fuck it, man. Fuck it.
>>
weekends are the worst part
>>
File: 1378665200932.png (73 KB, 800x1009) Image search: [Google]
1378665200932.png
73 KB, 800x1009
>>24340162
Yeahhh, the vapour's just so damned light, it really doesn't feel like smoking at all for me

>>24340167
it's the classy way to commit suicide
>>
>>24340675
uh i meant sharing the reason why you stopped

>>24340413
i tried several different ecigs and i never really got a throat hit. idk

>>24340752
this
>>
Start doing dip. Major athletes do it and it has Avery low chance of causing any disease as long as you have decent dental hygiene. There's many videos of.how doctors say it's the best way to get a.nicotine fix without actual major repercussions like cancer, asthma and tooth lose
>>
Ahhhhhh why did you post it again
>>
>>24340831
what, isn't dip like super dangerous b/c you can get gum cancer really fast? i remember reading something about a 25 year old getting cancer after dipping for three years
>>
File: 1428454887148.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1428454887148.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
When I quit smoking cigarettes I just started smoking more weed for the month or two, it definitely helped. If I was really craving a cig I would just smoke a joint and that would pretty much do it for me.
>>
>>24340852
wasn't me sorry. shoulda used the catalog i guess
>>
>>24339401
replace it with nonstop cups of coffee, the coffee will feed the addiction and fuel productive shit. It worked for me for like a month and I went from a pack+ a day to like 3-4 cigs at the most each day, while getting a lot of shit done.
>>
>>24339659
high school senior going through some real tough adult problems
>>
>>24341416
personally i'm a college dropout working in construction

it's a dogs life geralt
>>
>>24339659

I think people tend to try to quit around the same time the weather starts getting cold and they don't wanna have to go outside to smoke
>>
>>24339401
Going cold turkey is far harder than gradually cutting back to nothing. You probably already knew that.

You won't succeed if you run it all-or-nothing. If you give in and smoke, it's not failure, it's a lesser degree of progress. It's stopping trying at such a setback that constitutes failure.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.