[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody here know anything here about the legality of sending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: panic.png (5 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
panic.png
5 KB, 238x212
Anybody here know anything here about the legality of sending negative emails?

I sent an email via an old email account wishing the founder of a new anti-privacy app would kill themselves or suffer a great illness in the near future. They emailed me back saying the police had traced my IP address and added it to their file, and not to email again or they'll press charges.

Am I fucked?

I don't think what I sent was technically a death threat since I didn't threaten anything. I realize it was edgy.
>>
Just writte a letter next time.
>>
lmao you fucked up real good kid, enjoy prison you idiot
>>
>>24334756
I'm being serious, please give serious replies. I'm panicking right now.
>>
>>24334773
He himself said that the cyberpolice already backtraced your IP. You're fucking dead.
>>
>>24334731
actions have consequences. or are you a grill?
>>
>>24334773
you're fucked

you fucked up real good this time

the police don't fuck around anymore, this is 2015, you think it's that hard to track IPs?

they're going to make an example out of you

as i said, you're fucked
>>
What app was it?

Also he doesn't have your IP unless he hosts his own SMTP server.
>>
>>24334829
He's the owner of an anti-privacy app, of course he hosts his own SMTP server.
>>
>>24334829
They said they sent it to the police who traced my IP and added it to their case file.
>>
>>24334773
>They emailed me back saying the police had traced my IP address and added it to their file

I mean from what I understood , you should be alright just dont reply.
Also again , consider writting a letter next time lmao , easy shit.

ORRRRRRRRRRRR

You might've fucked up really good and the popo is coming over to your house and they're going to take you to prision , if so enjoy your ass getting drilled =)
>>
I don't know about whether or not you'd be prosecuted the first time, but you definatly will be if you do it again.
>>
>>24334731

Look up civil restraining orders

Since you didn't directly threaten you they can take one out on you ex pate. And you wont know until you apply for a job and they do a background check.

> ITT Dumb OP being a bad boy on the interwebs and got in trob trob
>>
File: 1421592008708.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1421592008708.gif
1 MB, 200x200
Who else /exaggerating what the cops will do to OP here/?

Calm down, baka desu senpai.
>>
>>24334855
They said in an interview that they consider all criticism as feedback so I sent it under the guise of being feedback. I know it was an autistic thing to do but it really did anger me.

And yeah I'm not going to reply.
>>
U don goofed op
>>
>>24334878
Ok, I am a little more calm but holy shit I always imagine the worst thing that can happen and then convince myself that is what's going to happen.
>>
>>24334901
Chill out fag, everybody ITT is fucking with you.

Nothing is going to happen. You can go back to sleep now.
>>
>>24334844
An app developer doesn't necessarily have his own private email service, what are you talking about?
>>24334851
That doesn't say what app it is, tell me so I can not use it.
>>
>>24334731
>new anti-privacy app
what is it?
>>
File: pepe35.png (25 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
pepe35.png
25 KB, 396x400
Making terroristic threats with the use of a computer is a federal crime. You don't want to fuck with them. Mandatory minimum sentencing laws make the feds absolutely lethal in court.

Stay away. Star far far away.
>>
Edgy kid gets BTFO by one email response

Grow a fucking backbone you pussy. He's trying to scare you into stopping. He can't do anything. Email back you bellend.
>>
>>24334731
Hahaha, >tfw similarly edgelord situation

I made up a fake situation on a subreddit with two accounts and they told the police on me.
>>
>>24335984
faceblock
>>
>>24334731
Better get ready for DeShawn's BBC, OP. You are fucked.
>>
>>24336216
literally what? I don't know what that is
>>
>>24334731
You're not fucked, they told you in the bloody email that nothing is going to happen.

Just don't do it again, I know a few people who caught "uttering death threats" charges for less than what you said.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.