[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>too tired to play video games >too tired to read >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: tired.png (278 KB, 595x523) Image search: [Google]
tired.png
278 KB, 595x523
>too tired to play video games
>too tired to read
>can't concentrate on TV shows or movies
>all I can do is sit up in bed and browse the internet
>feel bored all the time

what is happening to me?
>>
>>24333562
Age-related IQ decline.

Enjoy your delusion that it can be stopped.
>>
Chemical issue. See psychiatrist or GP. Get drugs.
>>
>tfw too tired to fall asleep
>>
>>24333562
>watching tv makes me anxious
>>
Depression though shit everyone has it you don't desseeve your own thread
>>
>>24333574
God damn i feel exactly like OP.
>Chemical issue

Fuck. I stopped taking my SSRIs so i could take MDMA safely and i still haven't gotten back on the SSRIs. I plan to resume taking them tomorrow. I hope everything goes well.
>>
>>24333572
Learn to Flynn Effect rofl
>>
Gonna repost an old relevant post I made about this sort of thing
Does anyone else feel like they're mentally deteriorating?
I few years ago I was reasonably smart. Not exactly a genius, but I learned new things quickly and had no trouble with uni.
Now, though
>struggle to learn anything, have to slowly go over it again and again before I have any grasp of it
>short-term memory is shit, I have to write something down or I will literally forget it in seconds
>can't focus or concentrate, get distracted very easily
>made stupid mistakes all the time, when I had a job
>constant feeling of brain fog
>get annoyed far more easily than I used to
>social skills have got worse, can barely talk to strangers now because I have no idea what to say
>don't think I'd be able to actually do any of the entry-level jobs I look for, because they seem like so much to remember/learn (e.g. wouldn't want to have to answer calls from customers because I'd probably lose focus halfway through, and also not know how to deal with their request anyway)
>wanted to get qualified as an accountant, but that doesn't seem realistic if I take ages to learn and forget things all the time

Anyone else like this? I've heard of the brain being like a muscle, in that it gets better with use, but this started halfway through uni, so I don't know how that would be the case
>>
>>24333671
depression seems to lower alertness, information retention, short term memory, etc. etc. you may have depression.
>>
>>24333716
Quite possibly.
I mentioned last time that it seems like depression and paranoia are taking up a lot of my 'CPU', so there's less for actual useful thoughts. Might be the case for OP as well.
>>
>>24333626
FE only countermeasures a fraction of the age degeneration. A rate of, say, 3 per generation versus 10 per generation.
>>
>>24333562
I'm exactly like that too OP. I explain it with my mental illness, maybe you have depression, try ssris although they never did the trick with me.
>>
>>24333562
I'm like that too

>Wake up at 1130
>Tired
>go back asleep until 130
>Still tired

Holy fuck no matter what I do my body feels weak and my eyes feel tired
>>
>>24334294
>don't sleep enough
>tired
>sleep too much
>tired
>do nothing all day
>tired
>be out all day
>even more tired
>>
>>24333671

You should probably go see a doctor.
>>
>>24333562
The Internet is one of the most addictive things ever devised.

You should see little kids on iPads, it's scary how they just completely space out and become dead to the world.

Limit your internet time. You don't have to cut yourself off completely, but try to aim for only one hour a day. Make that the first step.
>>
You're sprouting wings OP. It's happening
>>
>>24334413
Does the stuff I described sound like enough to see a doctor about? Genuine question. I've always thought it would seem like a really minor thing to a doctor
>>
>>24333562
this is what happens when you let yourself do what you want all the time. you're too comfortable because life is too comfortable. you'll have to manufacture some obstacles since survival has become too easy for those of us lucky enough to be in our position, removing our vital drive to accomplish anything. this is why getting gf needs to not be easy. women being picky is the only thing keeping us from a full collapse. also tis the season for doo doo to be smelly fart lart lart lart lart, lart lart lart lart.
>>
>16 year old me
>can stay awake 4 days without problem
>can easily fall asleep and never wake up tired
>master any multiplayer videogame in a few hours

>26 year old me
>all kinds of fucked up after 24 hours awake
>take forever to fall asleep and awake tired even if i sleep 12 hours
>back hurts
>feet hurt
>only average at vidya

JUST
>>
>>24335238
>tfw your only real comfort zone is "vidya in your room, alone" and "communicating through text"
I think I'd be more willing to try new things and make some progress in my life if literally everything wasn't outside my comfort zone. Far easier and much less stressful to stay inside.
>>
File: pepe41.jpg (6 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
pepe41.jpg
6 KB, 250x166
You're falling into chronic depression OP.

The same thing happened to me. I was too tired to play video games, sick of anime, sick of boring repetitive tv shows, I just wanted something to feel original, but nothing did.

You should talk to your doctor about trying antidepressants.
>>
>>24335485
that's exactly the point. you have to do stressful things. if it weren't stressful, it would be just as useless as sitting inside doing nothing. you don't have to do them all at once, but the fact that they're outside your comfort zone means that they're the things you should be trying. any thoughts you MAY (not accusing you of this) be having about how it's not fair that your comfort zone is smaller, are useless. doesn't matter what it is, point is doing hard shit has automatic long-term brain rewards. also we wish you a merry shitshit we wish you a merry shitshit pee piss poo a merry shitshit and duchovny is queer
>>
>>24335238
But why would I want to live in a place where I'm uncomfortable? Sounds dumb
>>
>>24336124
When you focus on problems. You have less time to cry
>>
Depression.
I have it bad some days while others I manage to play video games. Nothing hard though, I can't be bothered to actually put some effort into something.

I see a doc for this and some other reasons but the meds don't help with my mood, it seems to be random. Lately has been shit but today was a bit better. I bought a new game, might play that.
>>
>>24333562

you have internet addiction
>>
>>24334468
>one hour a day
How
>>
>>24335626
I'm to mentally exhausted to benefit from it, I think. I haven't had the energy or motivation to do anything new for a long time.
I dunno, I might just be making excuses, but I want to first actually feel comfortable, and then jump out of my comfort zone, so to speak.
>>
>>24336255
Not him but I feel the same way and I went 5 days without internet and didn't feel better.
>>
>>24333562
check your thyroid and hormon
>>
>>24337337
>bumperooni
>>
>>24333671
literally me, every step.
>>
>>24337888
A lot of robots have said that.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.