[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok I don't get this "No driver's license"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
File: 1446860359446.jpg (14 KB, 317x432) Image search: [Google]
1446860359446.jpg
14 KB, 317x432
Ok I don't get this "No driver's license" meme. Maybe in Europe or some big city it makes sense, but how the fuck can you be a grown ass adult anywhere else and survive without a license?
>>
File: 1430034913812.jpg (150 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1430034913812.jpg
150 KB, 720x960
run everywhere

know your bus routes

have no friends or life outside of your job
>>
29yo Viennese guy reporting in. Not sure if if I'll ever make mine but it would be only for my CV and the girls.
>>
Driving is scary so my mom helps me get to the store or to class
>>
21 no license reporting
>>
i don't get it either like at least get it but not insured when you do decide to move up on life

>friend got a girlfriend
>i knew her from high school
>find out she has no license
>think why we live in a town
>>
>>24332817

By living in a small city where everything is no more than 20 minutes away by bike. I wouldn't use the car enough to justify the cost desu.
>>
>>24332817

I don't know how, where do people even learn this shit?
>>
>>24332817
costs too much money
>>
File: Kiichi Goto.jpg (105 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Kiichi Goto.jpg
105 KB, 500x500
>>24332817

Heh, speaking of. A few hours ago I was talking to my tenant, she told me her daughters bf doesn't have a license so she has to drive him around wherever he wants to go. Her daughter and the bf are both in their late 40's.
I live rural af though so a license is a given out here, but city people can probably get around, Europe has pretty good infrastructure. I wouldn't go near public transport though, cramped, stinky and perfect for passing on diseases. Would rather get a bicycle or a scooter/moped if I didn't have a car, there's no probs travelling the world on a bicycle if you're in ok shape and have time..
>>
>>24332817
My dad made me get my learner's permit as soon as I was 15 1/2 and my license as soon as I was 16. If he didn't make me, I never would have bothered getting it.
>>
I can walk anywhere within town, and there's public transport to any major city.
I can't go to remote places on my own, but that's not a big deal.
>>
WHAT I LEARNED IN BOATING SCHOOL IS..

>tfw never remember what you learn
>>
>>24332970
Public transportation is much better than in the US, it's not stinky or cramped.
>>
28 and no license. I have severe motion sickness. I get anywhere near a car, especially on a hot day, and I feel like puking.
>>
>>24332817

i dont see how anybody over 21 can not have a license

you need a license to open a bank account, buy alcohol and in some states, to vote and of course to drive.

i had a coworker tell me it was racist that our state require a license.id to vote and i said its not racist if a black person happens to not have a license.
>>
Cars are expensive and GBP only get me so far ya know OP?
>>
>>24333002

It's ok, anon-san
>>
I didn't get a license until I was about 25.

It was just not necessary, living where I used to. The public transportation was top notch and there weren't really any natural barriers like big hills or lakes, so I could also just walk anywhere I wanted.

Since I've moved out to the west coast though it's become pretty apparent that these cities were built with automobiles in mind. Everything is a 20 minute drive away from everything else at the very least, unless you want to pay through the nose to live somewhere downtown.
>>
Here in my keked country the driving license is expensive as fuck. Having a car is also quite expensive. But if you have over 4000 dollars to give me for the license I'm down.
>>
>>24333058
You can't just get a regular id? Massachusetts has ids for people without licenses
>>
>>24333135
Yep. I've got an ID, no license.
>>
>take years of driving lessons so I can fail over and over so they can make money out of me
>get myself in debt to buy a car
>pay road tax
>pay for fuel
>surprise! There's added value tax on the fuel as well!
>have to get my car checked every year so they can force me to get it fixed when it's not broken so I have to pay even more
Cars are driving mortgages, and I live in a tiny and densely populated country anyway.
>>
I have a license but I only drive when the weather gets really cold (I could walk to the Canadian boarder)
I take a bicycle everywhere most of the year
>>
>>24333135

yeah you can get a state id.
>>
>>24333004

Yer, it was a bit of a sweeping generalization. It depends a lot on what time of the day and what line and route one takes etc, some times one might actually end up alone in a bus. Then you see those clips from asia where they have employees at the stations pushing people into the trains. So yea, pretty mixed bag.
>>
File: whatre you on about m8.jpg (73 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
whatre you on about m8.jpg
73 KB, 683x1024
>>24333163

>failing the driving test

how the fuck do you do that

when i took it 10 years ago it was
>can you put on a seat belt?
>can you reverse?
>can you obey traffic laws; cant turn left on red, etc
>can you parallel park?
>>
>>24332817
I live with parents and they drive me whenever I need to go somewhere like school.
Other than school I rarely leave the house.
>>24333058
I did that stuff with my learners permit. Didn't get license until 24.
>>
>>24332817
I have a bf to drive me everywhere. I don't really need one.
>>
>>24332817
Walking legs
>>
>>24333058
>i had a coworker tell me it was racist that our state require a license.id to vote and i said its not racist if a black person happens to not have a license.
Increasingly strict voter id laws are bullshit tbqh.
>>
>>24333058
The problem is that the States can't condition the right to vote on paying a tax, and having to buy an ID can be argued as paying a tax. Then you also run into the troubles of rural areas, moving voting stations far away from minorities, and closing DMVs in poor areas.

My opinion? Top kek, keep those darkies from voting however we can. Felony voter laws, ID requirements, closing stations before 5pm.
>>
>>24333058
>you need a license to open a bank account, buy alcohol and in some states, to vote

Land of the free, gentlemen.
>>
File: is this pic real.jpg (87 KB, 520x813) Image search: [Google]
is this pic real.jpg
87 KB, 520x813
>>24333253

yeah i agree. its dumb, but not racist.
>>
>>24333119
WTF? Do you live in some third world shithole where you need to bribe 10 people to get a drivers license?
>>
>>24333274
Only proof of ID. Non-driving IDs are usually $10. If you can't afford that then you have bigger problems than voting and opening banks accounts tbqh, senpai.
>>
28 years old here, don't have a license, mostly because I really need to have time to myself when I'm learning something and to teach myself a little bit or I can't learn it, I can't learn something with someone sitting next to me for a couple hours a week and that's it

might get a motorbike soon though, passed the theory already
>>
>>24333286
It's even worse here. They make you fail just so you keep paying and trying again, all of them do. Bribes won't help.
>>
>>24333229
>can you parallel park?
And that was the death of me
>>
>>24332817
I live on the outskirts of a rural college town.

Spent a lot of time homeless, particularly 15-19. Therefore, I never got a license. I have actually owned a car, but it was only a couple months before it shat out on me, and haven't been able to find another in my price range.

I walk everywhere. It's an hour walk to campus, and an hour walk back home. What's funny is that I can't find work in this town because they want me to have a car but don't get that I finished my degree with no car.
>>
>>24333307
mate, you literally don't have to learn ANYTHING
the whole written part of the test is just easy shit any person in their right mind would know and the driving part is well, the driving part
>>
>>24333278
Well I can't get into the head of those who push the legislation but they do disproportionately affect blacks and poor people.

The cynic in me would say that the politician who push voting id laws are purposely disenfranchising demographics that don't vote for them.
>>
File: 1446581540952.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1446581540952.jpg
189 KB, 1462x1462
>>24333058
>you need a license to open a bank account, buy alcohol and in some states, to vote
More you learn about USA holy shit
>>
>>24333392
I need to drive around on my own to get used to it, but that's illegal so I can't learn
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
>>24333392
But I failed the fucking written exam three times! And I failed in high school even more!
>>
>>24333349
Well you fucking intrigued me. Where do you live?

Who makes you fail? The driving school and the instructors?
Can't believe they do it just out of their sadistic pleasure.
>>
>>24332817
I've been busy with studying for uni's admission exams, then, with uni's documentation, and currently, with uni's workload. I'll try to learn how to drive on december.

Mexico, DF here.
>>
>>24333432
post a classified looking for someone to ride along with you. Maybe you can find some nice old lady who's lonely and can just ride with you while she talks about her grandkids.
>>
public transport is cheaper in the long run
more eco friendly
more communist

suck it, America
>>
>>24333490
>tfw public transport sucks in my city
>>
Getting a driver's license is approx. 10-15 times harder here than in the US and costs about 5 times more. Also I've never had the need to own a car.
>>
>>24333462
Not him but it's same here in Lithuania.Theory test is such a stupid shit, you need to learn more useless things than in highschool.Driving test is even bigger kekoldary.It's usual to take 5-6 tests before you pass.Each driving test costs 30 euros I think, while minimum wage is 350 here.Gladly we have decent public transportation
>>
>>24333278

pls tell me this pic is real
>>
22 and in college here. Going to school is the only time I leave my house and my dad can drive me too and from school on his way to work without an issue so I have no need for one.
>>
>>24333528
How's it harder in the U.S.? I'm not familiar with how it is in other countries
>>
>>24333462
It's the driving schools. I never took the classes myself by the way. I live in Holland.
>Can't believe they do it just out of their sadistic pleasure.
They don't, it's about money.
>>
>>24333543
Well i am from Latvia. I haven't heard about any shady stuff in driving schools.

But i have heard people failing their exams because they are just too lazy to study.

So what's the price in total? I asked a buddy of mien and he said you could do it for about 250euro including medical testing.
>>
>>24333656
I dunno about other countries but in Poland it was quite common they would fail you under some bullshit excuse even if you did everything perfect just to milk more money off of you. And then they introduced on-board cameras in every examination car.
>>
Driving is such an annoying task, I prefer anyone else to do it, i.e, public transport, friends, gf or whatever.

When the fuck are self-driving cars coming out?
>>
>>24333543
Same in Italy. A license costs 1500 euro and there is a written test with 50 questions (no its not multiple choice, you have to write the answers and justify them citing the corresponding legal article) You also have to pass a psychiatric as well as medical examination and they will not refund the money if you fail. They will fail you intentionally every time you try just to keep collecting the money from your failed attempts. In my hometown a entry level salary is 400 euro.

Most people with a license are friends or family of the people who work at the drivers registry.
>>
>>24333058
What the fuck? Aren't murrikans handed regular id as soon ad they're born?
>>
The BMV, the DMV, whatever 'state agency' it is titling engine driven machinery... is a private corporation.

Li-censure is a necessary component of underwriting the securities fraud; the jew can't racketeer you without your consent.

Once you agree to contract for 'privileges and benefits' you become subject to administrative code, which is exactly what traffic codes are, administrative (commercial) 'law'.

You have a right to travel, but the jew needs you to pay, pay for the car they own (bagholder has equitable 'title') and taxing you as an employee to drive their car, sticking you with maintenance and fuel and more tax on top of tax for use of 'state' property, force you into gambling on insurance markets, and to purchasing from a cartel of suppliers funded by the fractional credit jew, simply for the right to use the public highways and byways in the conveyance of the day.

None of this is acceptable in a free society and is the lifeblood of the law merchant.

Governance outside the petro-prison-dollar is unthinkable.

Corporations are sovereign now, sovereign states are vestigial vacant offices perpetuating the fraud of doctrine of election.
>>
>>24333703
around 300 euros for everything if you get discount when you are in high school, otherwise probably close to 450
>>24333774
I agree
>>
>>24333855
Well at least you have better roads. And cheaper cars.
>>
>>24333058
>you need a license to open a bank account, buy alcohol and in some states, to vote and of course to drive.
No you don't you can just use your ssn and if you need another id just get a non driver id
>>
>>24334155
Cars in Europe are way more expensive.
>>
>>24333729
Did that change anythin though?
>>
>>24335257
No idea, my brother had to apply 7 times before he passed.
>>
>tfw decent driver but little experience
>tfw have to commute 45 minutes back and forth next semester
>tfw afraid of dying in a crash on the highway
>>
I cycle
>>
>>24335467
>7 times
Da fugg
>>
File: 1445676108794.jpg (799 KB, 1315x1696) Image search: [Google]
1445676108794.jpg
799 KB, 1315x1696
>live in Yurop
>have autism
>dad forces me to get a license
>tests and exams are strict as fuck and super expensive
>after many lessons and failing once finally succeed
>can't afford a car
>still afraid to drive

I hate Europe sometimes man
>>
>>24332834
there's no bus where I live ;_;
>>
>>24333058
>to open a bank account, buy alcohol and in some states, to vote and of course to drive.
yes, but some of us do none of those things
>>
I work in a bottle shop and oh my god how do people not have ID?! Don't get shitty with me when I kick you out because you lack common sense.
>>
>>24333274
that's true literally everywhere except maybe Somalia, senpai
>>
>>24333821

Yes just Normie's w/ cars have always had license to drive grills to date and they think everybody lives that way
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.