[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people make "psychedelic art" that looks like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
Why do people make "psychedelic art" that looks like this when there is pretty much no psyche that makes visuals remotely similar to this?
I honestly feel like anyone who makes this type of stuff has never done drugs in their life and are just guessing what they do based off of beatles songs
>>
dubs- checked. Youre supposed to look at it while youre on drugs and everything is all wavy and seemingly moving. also hipsters are fags that try to copy shit and theres some crazy pre conceived ideas of what tripping looks like
>>
>>24332288
Have YOU ever been on drugs? I can assure you on a good trip a painting like this will come alive and move.
>>
>>24332327
no it doesnt lol
>>
It's art. You know, fiction. It's an artistic representation of someone'd feelings, it's not supposed to look like the hallucinations you get when you're on drugs.
>>
>>24332288
Such drawings represents the fact that users of 'psychedelics' think that their epiphanies have made them hot shit intellectually, interpersonally, and, yes, artistically, and so they sit down with confidence, but their lack of talent makes them only string garish two-dimensional wiggles around, as this about encompasses their idea of creativity.
>>
>>24332288
Partially because it's not meant to be a literal representation. It's meant so that the drawing changes, bends, and shapes into patterns that flow into one another in the same way that things do on drugs. More like a drawing of thoughts than of visuals.
That's my best guess, anyway.
>>
>>24332342
>no it doesn lol
Am I getting rused or are you really this retarded?
>>
>>24332377
In fact, if I had ten dollars for every time a druggie claims that LSD has made him the second Escher, I'd have a pretty good income.
>>
>>24332399
are you this retarded
2d pictures dont just animate themselves and move around on psyches dummy
>>
>>24332437

what
yes they do
>>
>>24332342
>lol
Fuckin kill urself
>>
>>24332459
they literally dont
have you ever watched tv on psyches, have you ever looked at a painting on psyches. They sit still. An object has to be 3d for it to do anything at all on LSD or mushrooms
>>
>>24332377
I agree, I've tripped dozens of times on LSD and NBOME and used to hang out a lot on /psy/.
The hippie bullshit coming out of these people mouths is laughable. Those epiphanies lsd heads talk about are meaningless nonsense 99% of the time.

>muhh we're all one
>muhh i've lived a thousand lives
It's extremely cringey when somebody starts talking about what they discovered on LSD.
>>
>>24332437
Yes that's exactly what happens. But you obviously won't believe it until it happens to you so you should just buy some shrooms and give it a try.
>>
>>24332500
Not that guy. Those ones are bullshit yeah but I did have one serious epiphany that I should live for myself and not just be who my parents want me to be. Which sounds obvious but has actually played a large role in my life choices since then
>>
OP, as a schizophrenic I see stuff like this nearly all the time when on drugs. You can even see this stuff on just weed if you have enough. Just because you don't get crazy visuals doesn't mean the rest of us are missing out. Look up "visual snow", I'm fairly certain most of what I see is an extension of that hallucination, which I experience 24/7.

On drugs the colors are much more pronounced and since it's easier to see the static effect it causes me to see kaleidoscopic type patterns. It's pretty cool, makes me feel all Zen when I focus on it long enough.
>>
>>24332531
dumb normies i swear
I bet you think you get insight from them too dont you
>>
>>24332546
I can respect that.

My comment is original
>>
>>24332553
Lol I've literally sat in front of 2D trippy paintings and watched them dance around while I was on drugs. It's a thing.
>>
You're right that isn't what you see on psychedelics. It's just some wacky drawing and loads of pretentious people will draw that type of stuff because it screams "I do drugs look at me look at me this is drug art"
Psychedelics create much more earthy visuals that if were actually put on canvas would look like van gogh or something of that sort that basically doesnt get the attention they strive for being cool hippies
>>
>>24332546
>I should live for myself and not just be who my parents want me to be

This is exactly as relevatory as the fact that your favourite colour has changed from green to blue.

Having undergone a change != having understood something. Typical 'psychedelic' projection ('I felt that I should do x' = 'that people should do x is an objective fact'). Again, so much for 'psychedelics'' purported ability to make people introspect.
>>
>>24332813
In fact, 'objectification of the subjective' can be a diagnostic criterion for 'psychedelic' impairment.
>>
Even marjuana has given me some crazy ass close-eye visuals similar to that picture OP. Have you even smoked a marijuana weed blunt before??
>>
>>24332500
this guy knows the deal.
>>
>>24332531
Nah, he shouldn't buy them, he should go pick them without any research and just hope for the best.
Do it anon.
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: fuck you too, drugptcha.png (39 KB, 346x148) Image search: [Google]
fuck you too, drugptcha.png
39 KB, 346x148
>>24333237
>research

>implying that that 'research' you druggies have been babbling 'bout isn't just heavy-handed brainwashing whereby behind the literal mantras of 'remember to find a peaceful place', 'accept everything that's coming', 'remember that you're safe no matter what happens', 'go outdoors', 'put on some relaxing music' lies implanting in the user's brain the schizophrenic belief of the drugs' purported potential profound harmfulness that nonetheless can be reduced if and only if they succumb to the experience gently, a manipulation designed to disable their intellect and criticism with respect to the epiphanies they are going to have and replace it with wonder and acceptance of those epiphanies

Scum.

>legacy captcha: 420
>>
>>24333237
Wow way too edgy fir me
>>
>>24332342
On DMT, LSD, or even shrooms you can get fractals like the picture. You have never taken any drugs before probably because you are a neet loser who cant get a single human connection for them.
>>
>>24334070
why are people who take psyches so pretentious
ive taken them and im awake enough to realize what they actually do and dont DUDE DRUGS LMAO out when i take them
>>
>>24332500
I don't have EPIPHANIES but every time I've done LSD I realize little things in my life that can be easily fixed in order to make my life easier/progress myself as an adult
>>
>>24332491
> baiting this hard
> I'm still gonna bite
2d pics totally move. I had the hardest trip of my life on acid and in my friends bathroom was a painting of gurnica by Picasso. It literally came out of the painting 3d style and started melting. I looked in the mirror and my face was gone.
>>
>>24332288
Watching pictures like that while high on psychedelics is pretty neat because of the vibrant colors, shapes and patterns that your brain twists and interprets in interesting ways and transfers to your surroundings. I wouldn't say it is meant to present how visuals look like necessarily, it is art and a representation, You can't say what people can and can't see since it depends on the persons imagination. I've seen all kinds of wild things when I've done LSD. Things like geometric patterns on walls and roof paneling splitting open and trough the slots I saw trough the roof and into the starry night sky with nebulae in the background.
>>
>>24332342
Salvia bro
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.