[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there something wrong with this logic, r9k?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 540x960
Is there something wrong with this logic, r9k?
>>
>>24331726
Yes, lots

No one seriously thinks it ok to rape people, it's about taking sensible precautions
>>
>>24331726
It's a bad analogy.

If this guy jumps into a tiger cage and get's killed by the tigers, no one is going to punish the tigers.
>>
>>24331726
Eh, no one really defends it when a guy rapes a slutty dressed woman, but the issue is different.
The difference is that sex is naturally appealing, so teasing that desire might evoke a reaction.
Murder isn't appealing to most people, if she were in fact in the presence of a serial killer, perhaps he would get tempted. Doesn't make it excusable, but her logic isn't correct.
>>
File: tao-pai-pai_Kill-You.jpg (20 KB, 400x235) Image search: [Google]
tao-pai-pai_Kill-You.jpg
20 KB, 400x235
>>24331726
If I heard someone got murdered while wearing a KILL ME! shirt I'd laugh my ass off, and yes, I'd say they were literally asking for it.
>>
>>24331726
>i want zero responsibility for my actions or words: the post
>>
No nigga, but say, if you strolled through a bad neighborhood wearing a suit and jewelry and carrying a bunch of very visible cash you shouldn't be surprised if you get mugged.
>>
>>24331726
If you dress like a whore, people will treat you like one, I wouldn't wear a police officers uniform then get offended if people asked me if I was the police.

With how prominent rape allegations are, because rape has been twisted into some sort of "If she got herself drunk as an adult, had consensual sex with someone, and regretted it, she is a child and the man is to blame, even if he was drunk by his own accord". Then it is more then fine for people to victim blame, don't want guys to hook up with you? Either don't get drunk alone, or don't dress easy.
>>
>>24331726
This guy is misunderstanding the issue.
>walk around with tons of money, show it off everywhere
>omg why did that mugger choose me instead of someone else ;--; victim blaming
because the mugger was going to steal from someone, you made yourself an EZ target. Now obviously it's not entirely your fault, in a perfect world there would be nothing wrong with that because nobody would be stealing from anyone, but we don't live in a perfect world and we must take that into consideration.
>>
>>24331903
>this guy
Pretty sure it's one of those "demiboy, fairykin, preferred pronouns: ki/kum/kumself" people.
In other words, an attention whoring female.
>>
>>24331771
Are you comparing men to tigers?
>>
No, he's absolutely right.

Anybody should be able to see that.

>inb4 triggering fembots
>>
>>24331972
Yeah, why? A male rapist is motivated by the same thing a man eating tiger is.

Impulse.
>>
>>24332019
A rapist can racionalize.
>>
I think the main flaw is with the fact that killing someone is illegal no matter if consent is given or not. The only way a person can be exonerated of murder is if it was proven that there was nothing the person could have done to prevent the murder. Say if you're driving your car and a person jumps out in front of you, you technically killed them but it wouldn't be your fault as long as you didn't flee the scene.

Rape is different because it's an extremely fine line between something that most humans live for and an illegal act that will pretty much fuck up the rest of your life. It's also a bad analogy because wearing a shirt that says "fuck me" would give more people the idea that the person wants sex than just dressing like a slut.

It has the right idea, but it's way overexaggerated just like all of these tumblr tier rape prevention pictures.
>>
>>24331726
The problem is that there is no logic whatsoever.

What he's saying is nilinformative. 'Rape is bad regardless of everything'. He's just stating an opinion, and supremely uncontroversial to boot.

What remains, and is to be communicated, is that certain choices of dress *correlate* with sexual aggression. And that no amount of finger wagging is going to change that; only education of those correlations (what gets people attacked and what doesn't) can prevent such aggression. But people don't want to hear that, because it mercilessly exposes that they partake in dangerous behaviour.
>>
File: 1447524852716.png (33 KB, 293x282) Image search: [Google]
1447524852716.png
33 KB, 293x282
>people using the phrase "victim blaming"

A lot of these people don't seem to understand that no one is absolving the perpetrator of blame. Drunk or not, they raped someone. That much is indisputable. But wearing revealing clothing while your judgement is heavily impaired around a large sum of people you don't know is not sensible, and doing so demonstrates a lack of situational awareness.

Being the victim of a break and enter does not mean that I can't tell you that you're a dumbass for not locking your door.
>>
>>24332114
In other words, he calls stating the causes blaming the victim; he sees (or claims) ill will where there is none; he partakes in http://paulcooijmans.com/psychology/mistaking_inquiry_for_request.html .
>>
>>24332064
rationalize what? I think you meant to say
>>
>>24332146

auto timer cut off my post.

I think you meant to say reason.
>>
>>24331726
It's stupid. You can't ask to be raped, asking would imply consent, thus negating the rape into consensual sex.
>>
File: pepepsycho.jpg (91 KB, 1018x1036) Image search: [Google]
pepepsycho.jpg
91 KB, 1018x1036
>>24331726
I wouldn't murder him, my life is not going to be about going around murdering people as much as I might feel like doing so, but a psychopath might consider that an invitation.

>Chase later told detectives that he took locked doors as a sign that he was not welcome, but unlocked doors were an invitation to come inside.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Chase#Murders

I wouldn't rape anyone but a rapist might consider a slutty woman to be "asking for it"
>>
>>24331903
Honestly, if a mugger chooses to mug you, you should just hand over your money and thank him for a lesson well taught.
>>
>>24332233
if someone chooses to mug me he's going on a little trip and he aint coming back.
>>
>>24332200
>>24332233
Triple dubs witnessed twice
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.