[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya is shit in every sense, it's loosely put together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1365402720520.jpg (29 KB, 382x322) Image search: [Google]
1365402720520.jpg
29 KB, 382x322
Vidya is shit in every sense, it's loosely put together by different teams handling different aspects to create something that does not fulfill in any potential. Aspects such as storytelling, art design etc. will always take away from other ones.

Animu is shit as well. Most are slice of life that caters to the general pathetic man-child, it's a low form of entertainment as it's out to appease viewers and not produce anything of value. inb4 you nit-pick the few animus with decent writing and or animation which are largely outnumbered by the shit mountain of shit animus.

This is why people see you as less for enjoying this shit mainly. It's a time filler to you as much as browsing Facebook or watching shitty shows on Netflix is to normies.

This isn't about maturity or telling you you're wrong for liking something. I'm saying that what makes vidya or animu good in your eyes is available in much better forms in different media. Pursue it instead of wasting away.
>>
File: 02090.gif (18 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
02090.gif
18 KB, 650x450
snowflake's first existential crisis?
>>
>>24329933
Far from. I'm unsure of why you made that link.
>>
File: 1446248047796.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
1446248047796.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1366
>>24329914
>>24329933
With love.
- /lit/fag
>>
>>24329914
I don't give a fuck how people see me. Only failed normies try to conform to normies standards
>>
>>24329982
You've missed my point there at the end.

I'm telling you that if you enjoy these things there are other media which excel at it and you are missing out.
>>
>>24329914
I disagree with the anime part. It has a lot of philosophical and occult meaning if you know where to look.
>>
>>24329914
>it's loosely put together by different teams
MMOs are updated constantly so those loose are tightened up. Also normalfags play vidya now since being a nerd is cool
>>
>>24329999
I was referring to different departments internally of one studio. They cannot all reach what they wish, must sacrifice content for the sake of time limits, other features, or due to the way the game is being developed/governed.

It constricts the artist and even the great ones are not allowed to go all out due to constraints within development.
>>
>>24329992
Such as? Block block black blok
>>
>>24329966
>absurdism
>"rebel against everything dude fuck so random xD shoot an arab"
Have you even read any absurdist literature?
>>
>>24330018
There's enough content in MMOs to last you for years. Runescape takes 9 years to complete
>>
>>24330050
I'm arguing quality here, anon.
>>
I agree that most anime is terrible. I've loved anime like GiTS, Patlabor, Bubblegum Crisis, etc but so much of the stuff that's produced is such utter crap.

I enjoy gaming though I wouldn't ever consider myself a 'gamer', I've never considered it an artform of something to brag about - it's just an amazing experience and it beats the terrible shit that's available to me in real life.
>>
>>24330067
I don't care about quality. I'm having fun. Also girls play runescape and girls are normies so its ok in the eyes of normies. Not that i care baka desu senpai
>>
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you are still in your teens. Let's take a look at your shitty argument: "it's a low form of entertainment as it's out to appease viewers and not produce anything of value."
So what, in that great ivory tower of yours, has value in this world? How do you define value? Most of you idiots that attack a specific media, be it animation, games or whatever else, never seem able to actually explain what you find so pathetic about them. And if this truly is about some forms of entertainment being pandering to its consumers, why not go cry about all the idiots glued to their televisions, watching nothing but cheap reality shows?
The most likely answer is that you are unhappy with your own life so you feel the need to put others down so you can feel better about yourself. Well guess what, that just makes you even more pathetic than the people you are trying to put down.
>>
File: camus.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>24330045
Yes and The Stranger has very little to do with shooting the arab. That's just a minor plot device. You're just a pleb who can't read beyond surface level.
>>
>>24330146
Good thing you said it was a wild guess since you are wrong.

The issue isn't in pandering to fans, it's how it's done. The market is saturated in many things trying to please a large crowd which leads to a dilution in quality. Companies take the path of least resistance to cater to as many people as possible, and this generally is not done with skill in mind. Rather than a writer or artist bringing something extraordinary to the piece it made by the simple terms and tested means. It appeases in the lowest form possible so to offend the lowest numbers possible.
>>
>>24330196
Correct. This is what happens when more people enter a field. It doesn't mean that all games turn to shit magically because more opportunistic people now also make them. It also doesn't mean that there aren't actually talented artists still making games, animation, or anything else it just means they are harder to find.
The real tragedy is that people can't even tell quality from crap anymore, so everything ends up being shit in their eyes (see /v/ for proof of this).
>>
>>24330302
And I don't believe the robots see or care about the quality which is why I made the thread.

Very few aniums are the best they could be, and no vidya is as that's even more hectic in its production. Most vidya is memorable or highly regarded due to it excelling in one aspect, not all.
>>
>>24330369
In that case your problem is not that anime or games are "low form entertainment", it's that you have a way too high expectations. Understand that no person wants to put out shit that they feel embarrassed about, what you are seeing is their best effort in the time frame that was given. If companies had a decade to make every product I'm sure they would better, but making something great isn't just about being skilled and having a good idea. There are many factors involved, especially in making video games. A good example of this would be how people so often cry about games not innovating enough, then cry even harder when somebody tries to: it takes a lot of testing and prototyping to make something work, even before the actual production starts. It was easier before because technical limitations made games relatively simple, but now that those limitations no longer exists, making good games becomes harder and harder.
As for animations and other media that drives on narrative, well... there's only so many ways you can tell a story before it all starts to seem like the same thing, no?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.