[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /anger issues/ here? Recently I've been getting so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1447665562536.jpg (93 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1447665562536.jpg
93 KB, 768x768
Who /anger issues/ here?

Recently I've been getting so angry that I get violent with people, even family members. I don't know how to stop it
>>
>>24329895
Aggressive behavior can be a sign of depression in men.
>>
The easiest way to control your violence is be completely dependent on others and have everything you are at risk of being taken away by authority. That's how my experience has gone. Literally the only reason I don't commit violence is because I'm trying to hold onto the little I've achieved and I don't want to go to prison or be starving on the streets.
>>
Whenever I am inconvenienced by an inanimate object (hit my head at a shelf, have something fall, or persistently not fit somewhere) and I am angered by it, I lash out extra at it, hitting or throwing it, doing everything I can not to calm myself. I do it as a tangible reminder not to give into emasculating, passivity-fostering religious recommendations that 'one must always control one mind and be mindful of one's emotions', which eventually harm your creativity through making you focus on maintaining peace of mind at all times.
>>
I am certain I have anger issues, however I end up bottling it up inside and yet extremely passive agressive and pissed off instead of a full burst of anger and emotions.
>>
>>24331281
>>24331291
>5 posters
At least 2/5 posters so far have been entertainingly out of their minds.
>>
>>24329895
i usually try to breathe in and hyper ventilate and the lightheaded feeling generally makes you forget about whatever you were angry about as you feel like you're about to die or something. so try that.
>>
>>24331236
Haha, what? Aggression is just a part of being male. It's totally normal.
>>
>>24331429
>the lightheaded feeling generally makes you forget about whatever you were angry about

Literally the reason why you should never do it.

If you were angry about something, the anger was righteous (because if you're angry about wrong things, you should clearly kill yourself).

If the anger was righteous, literally the only morally acceptable action is to act on it.

And what YOU do? Not only do you fail to act, you forget what to act about at all.
>>
Yeah. I've got some bad anger issues as well. Big things don't bother me. Girlfriend dumped me a couple of days ago. More sad than anything, it's the little things. Whenever a bunch of small irritants start adding up, I get really pissed.
>>
>>24331529
this, i tend to lose my shit if the small things that are supposed to go fine don't.
i guess it's just the illogical nature of it that gets to us.
>>24331467
why are you trolling
>>
I have bad anger issues and I'm afraid I might hurt someone. I never get angry in front of other people, but when I'm alone I swear and smash things. I have broken a few fingers and objects like this. I can't control myself when I get like this, but I'm too embarrassed to get any help. Not like it matters, I don't interact with anyone but my parents anyways.
>>
>>24329895
stop being such a fucking pussy and exerting your frustration on others. Deal with it yourself and learn to control yourself; you wont get far in life if u dont
>>
File: Diddely.jpg (30 KB, 420x350) Image search: [Google]
Diddely.jpg
30 KB, 420x350
>>24329895

If you have a constant anger issue it's most likely caused by some deep inefficiency in yourself. Something about yourself bugs you so much, that you constantly remind yourself of it and get frustrated angry. And since normal beings don't selfharm, you take it out on others.
Either deal with yourself or learn to control it. I've found that doing martial arts helped me a lot in my personal growth as a human being and anger issues. You might think, why would you give someone with anger issues the means to hurt people. Easy, training martial arts is a test in humble behaviour and learning about oneselves. You'll spend more time being beaten and down and out when you train with better fighters than you, than actual fighting. And a good trainer sees when someone fights in anger and will know what to do. You either adjust or noone wants to spar with you. Or even worse, they want to spar with you to hurt you.

If you're to afraid of martial arts, start doing endurance sports like running long distance. It gets you a high, you automatically train your will and mental resistance and you get fit. Be wary though, that you'll most likely just exchange your rage and anger for the runnershigh-adiction unless you work on yourself.

I'd advice to go with martial arts.
Reading "The art of loveing" by Erich Fromm would be a good way to start your journey to the core of why you feel angry and have temper-issues.
>>
>>24332538
tl:dr - I'm a faggot who fights in pajamas to get calm
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.