[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw games aren't fun anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: bean.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
bean.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
who here cbf even playing games to pass the time
>>
>>24329533
Yup. Games used to be my only way to cope, but now it's all boring. I've been gaming since I was around five. I don't even know what to do anymore.
>>
>>24329533
Games? Video games? I was at that point once, I just had to dig deeper and discover hidden jewels/new genres. If you want, suggest a genre or things you want from a game and I could help you find something

As for other games, going to a board game local and asking for a free spot on any game kills two birds with one stone
>>
>>24329533
all I play is binding of isaac

bored of everything else
>>
>>24329533
https://youtu.be/QNiRK9TKumI
>>
>>24329533
I dont get any enjoyment out of it after completing main story shit so im trying to prolong fallout 4 for as long as possible, its been a week and ive only done 3 of the main quests
>>
Had my first instance of this happening last Thursday on one of my days off. I switched between 3 different games (all recently released), and eventually ended up staring at my black computer screen for 20 mins. Shit sucks because I work nights, so there's nothing for me to do on my days off because everything is closed.
>>
>>24329581
its painful trying to relive that childhood happiness by trying to play ratchet and clank on a shitty ps2 emulator that gets maybe 20 frames if i kill almost all other processes just to find that it is nothing like i remember and its actually shit. this is happening too often recently.
>>
>>24329598
i was talking about video games

>>24329603
i have this in my library but honestly playing games feels like work i haven't played 50%+ of what i own

>>24329645
i have played about 26 or hours of fo4 and it's my most playable right now but still hasn't hooked me in. like without being a v asshole it's good but i played 3 and nv so much im still a bit jaded of the formula at this point. when i first played 3 it was so fresh i loved it. baerly into the main quest either got bored of wansering since the map is a bit small and i haven't found like any side quests
>>
>>24329690
I know, nostalgia just isn't what it used to be.
>>
File: 2deep.png (96 KB, 718x155) Image search: [Google]
2deep.png
96 KB, 718x155
>>24329533
I'll just leave this here. This made me realise why I've lost interest.
>>
>>24329845
that seems pretty reasonable. it feels like there's no point though if i dont find anything fun why would i want to get a job just to beable to have money and keep myself alive while not finding them fun?
>>
>>24329533
I only play them out of sheer addiction
>>
I work 9-5 and I love playing games. If you are meet you probably play them too much
>>
>>24329876
What rang true for me was just that second sentence.
>You long to be productive.
Personally, I feel that I have no purpose. Perhaps I would be happier if I had a reason to get out of bed in the morning. I've been a NEET for about 5 years and my life feels so empty, especially since I don't really enjoy anything anymore.

No reasons to live yet not enough to die, I suppose.
>>
>>24329952
"i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"

i have a very small amount of work and it actually feels worse than beign neet going into work knowing that my co-workers must be aware im doing nothing else. i guess im a normie since i have some friends but i just find everything dull and boring getting more work seems so pointless when it's just to become a cog in the machine. like not even fapping or anything is nice. it's edgy sure but do you want your happiness to be from the productive society member. like oh now i get a bit of money to spend on x when im not working all day. i have spending money but nothing i want to buy since im not paying for rent or living costs. all more work would mean is supporting my self to grind and keep living. kind of a waste as well considering i lost the rest of my interest after i got my new fancy gaming pc aset up and bought a ton of games. hell i didnt even set it up for months because i cbf
>>
File: Doug Stamper.jpg (519 KB, 2048x1367) Image search: [Google]
Doug Stamper.jpg
519 KB, 2048x1367
>>24329876
because you need survival secured before luxury. you've moved down the tier, anon.
>>
>Have library of over 20 games
>None of them are fun to play anymore
>All other games that come out nowadays are utter trash
>Decided to buy Fallout 4, maybe I just need something that help revitalize my interest in one of my favorite franchises
>Play an hour of it
>Get bored right away
Life is suffering. I have literally nothing else to do as well, it's either play video games or shit post on 4chan, and this place can get pretty old or stale at times.
>>
>>24329902
This tbf kin. Games are an escape from the drudgery of real life. NEETs in their infinite wisdom, have already defeated real life so escape is pointless.
>>
It's the games.
>stupid repetitive grind bullshit that just isn't fun
>backtracking
>"unlocks"/"achievements"
>degenerate communities
>micropayments, broken, unfinished
>autistic difficulty curves
Every so often I try a new game, and although most of them are timesink normalfag trash, there are a few that just are actually calming. Being a PC gamer and having a controller means I actually can and sometimes do play older games or like, F-grade "games", and holy shit, the difference between a retard cash grab and some game actually designed to be played is like Africa vs a first-world country.
>>
I don't know why every single multiplayer fps is shit these days.
I could zone out for hours and nowadays there's just so many flaws in them they frustrate you and take you out of it outright moodkillers.
>>
>>24329603
>got bored of playing BoI because I usually got fucked hard by RNG or would blaze through, nothing in-between
>Afterbirth comes out
Just fuck my shit up senpai. I beat Ultra Greed with a slow infinite coin generator. Took me over two hours but I did it, I'm a success somewhere!
>>
>>24331650
what's the infinite coin generator item?

I want to unlock The Keeper
>>
>>24331673
It was multiple, of course. Habit, car battery, soul heart item (normally +1 soul heart), 9-volt, and some coin on hit item. For every five damage I would generate coins and get two health back. I randomly was dropping hearts from something and occasionally I'd get nickels or dimes, so I beat the curve. Eventually bought stuff like trinket room for counterfeit coin and swallowed penny, I had a book of sin to get more bombs and shit, and I even found a placebo mimic and a full-health pill, which is a lot faster and flexible than the soul heart generator.

Since it was greed mode I could infinitely buy items, or shuffle them. I had mom's trinket box thing too, so the level had like 40 trinkets on the floor by the time I was done.
>>
Who else here plays games becuse there's nothing else to do even though they bore you to death?
>>
File: asdg.jpg (16 KB, 394x82) Image search: [Google]
asdg.jpg
16 KB, 394x82
>try playing fallout 4 sine I love the series
>it crashes the display driver every time I start a new game

Thanks Todd.
>>
>>24331938
why didn't you preorder?
>>
>>24331964

>buying bethesda games
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.