[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you become a visionary or is this something innate? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1436456189530.png (603 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1436456189530.png
603 KB, 630x630
Can you become a visionary or is this something innate? I'm a software engineer and would love to create something revolutionary but I think I lack vision.
>>
>>24329238
That's not how it works pal. Tesla didn't sit around all day and think how great it would be to invest something.

You have to be great in your field and just do your job. The vision comes to you, wow can't really chase something like that
>>
>>24329392
You're wrong. Sci-fi is a good source of ideas to a software engineer turn into something real.
>>
>>24329238
No, you can't.

Vision (I'm talking about true visions here, which comprise not even of a single discovery or set of discoveries, but of unification and development of a whole set of principles, say, Stallman's free software or Tolkien's creation of a fictional historical linguistics -- definitely not about Jesus' or Buddha's schizophrenic ramblings) takes simply a substrate of individual facts and competencies that are inaccessible to anyone with IQ under, say, 140.
>>
>>24329238
You can team up with someone who has ideas but no technical skills.
>>
>>24329238
innate

just asking this question proves you don't really have something revolutionary as cliche as it may sound.

The visionaries that drove progress of this world were consumed by it from a really young age.
>>
>>24329238
>You have to be great in your field and just do your job.

Do you know how many engineers are great programmers and how many inventors are bad programmers? A lot.

Being very good at something doesn't translate to being a visionary and creating something revolutionary. Or rather, just creating something a lot of people use.
>>
Just think about things you would like to have/see and then probably compromise a bit so plebs can access it too.

I think people in this thread are a bit mean, it's not like big names in the computer and software industry just came up with their visionary idea. It took time, failures and refinement.
>>
>>24329672
fuck those lazy freeloading cunts
>>
>>24330346
Isnt OP trying to freeload?
>>
>>24329238
make a real working hoverboard that does not require "rails".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.