[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Told that I need more social interactions from Doctor Social
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Told that I need more social interactions from Doctor Social Anx. I have no friends, so my only chance is to go to night clubs or lie. I'm strongly considering going out to this local nightclub. Anyone got any Ideas how I approach this?
>>
>>24329077
neverbeentoanightclub.jpeg
not many robots can be of help to you
go to /fit/ or /b/
>>
>>24329077
I don't think anybody makes friends at nightclubs. People who go there go with friends they already have, to get drunk, get high, and get laid
>>
>>24329116
Seconding this, it's not like the movies, no one who isn't completely cooked on drugs or drunk as fuck will not talk to you.
>>
>>24329077

I go nightclubbing a fair bit with two of my friends.

But I always end up taking pills and separating from them, seeing them only a couple of times in the night. We always meet up at close though.
>>
>>24329077
>look up music videos and learn some dance moves like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLsTskih7_I
>get really drunk close your eyes (important) and just dance
>hopefully someone else starts dancing with you
you won't really make friends but it can be fun to dance with people. just join some club or something like an art club or mma club
>>
Nightclubs are a fucking nightMARE for people like us. I'm sorry but there is no way you will ever be able to fit in and enjoy a nightclub, unless you're secretly a normie deep down. You be better off finding a hobby you like and joining a club or something.
>>
>>24329224
Where do you normally look for club events outside of a school setting? I sort of want to play soccer once more but I don't know if I want to pay a fee once a week on that since a lot of ads want that.
>>
>>24329198
How do I tell if someone is dancing with me if my eyes are closed?
>>
>>24329077

You could pretend to be an alcoholic and go to AA meetings. Pretend to be a cokehead and go to CA meetings. That guy in Breaking Bad met his gf at a recovering addicts meeting didn't he?

The thing about these meetings is nobody shows up with people they already know like at nightclubs and you may be able to chat up grills or just plain people there although desu I think most of them probably just want to gtfo after each meeting but I've never really been to one IRL just seen them on TV.

But why is a doc bossing you around and telling you to be a normie anyway?
>>
File: 1434062334039.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1434062334039.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>24329264
if you are a Euro its really damn easy.
Google for local amateur sport clubs. It can be anything that interested or interests you. Then contact the club manager/owner/trainer or even a player you might know (usually one and the same person does all this in an amateur club) and ask them if you could join for training. if you fear emails like I do just straight up go there and ask on the spot, they wont refuse you.
Amateur clubs in any sport are usually really happy someone new wants to join.
You will probably have to pay the club, but that has in my case always been a yearly/seasonal fee that is very affordable.
It's worth it anon. Doing team sports makes you friendlier giving you people to socialize aswell and usually no one cares if you drop spaghetti or are super awkward. I am a giant autist when it comes to verbal communication so I made myself look weird mutiple times but everyone just laughed a bit and was very cool about it. People will like you in sports as long as you give it all and try. Dont have to be a god in it, just do your best and participate a lot. Someone from the team invites everyone to a beer: JOIN.
It also makes you healthier stronger and all.

One perk my current team has is a female sister team under the same club name. This way I got to talk to actually sporty and attractive girls purely on the background of "ye, you play wing? cool.". I now regularly visit the female league games with a couple guys cause it is really fun top watch and banter. I also play in a league and got starting line up player this year.

You can do it too man

(probably applies to US and rest of the world aswell)
>>
>>24329077
I hate clubs, but the best way to d it is get drunk as fuck, and dance, you will not care whether if you're dancing is good enough.
>>
>>24329534
that sounds pretty great. in the us we dont have anything like that cause most people are disgusting lazy slobs. you can goto a gym but most people are douches that just walk around mean mugging everyone.
>>
>>24329771
no one will really judge your dancing skills either, no one cbf to care desu senpai
>>
>>24329077

If you're socially anxious then starting off by going to the night club is a terrible idea.

You have to start small and work upwards. Why not go to a coffee shop?

>research coffee shops in your area
>find out what time they open and close
>go scout it out
>see what times it gets quiet
>go in there
>order something like a hot chocolate
>sit and read for an hour
>leave
>repeat for a few days

Then you escalate

>try talking to the barrista
>maybe just a hello
>ask them what time it usually gets quiet

You get the idea.

It's socially acceptable to sit in a coffee shop alone and read. People go there to catch up with their friends or just have a break or something. Noone is going to notice or pay any attention to you.
>>
>>24330095
I'm lactose intolerate... I live near a hipster town, maybe tea?
>>
>>24330142

Tea is fine too. Maybe look online to see if they have a website and a menu you can look at before you go in?

I know I get anxious thinking about ordering. I don't want to be "that guy" who's at the front of the queue looking at the menu behind the counter trying to make up my mind while people are getting annoyed behind me.
>>
A nightclub isn't that bad for the socially anxious if you pick a huge one with multiple floors. That way you can just walk around playing different video games if they have any and just leave in a half hour to an hour. Then lie to your therapist. Job done.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.