[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how often do you pull all nighters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: CFny9qdWoAA5BR7.jpg (98 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CFny9qdWoAA5BR7.jpg
98 KB, 600x800
how often do you pull all nighters?
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 320x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 320x450
Every night.
>>
>>24328393
Pulling one right now. But maybe once a month or so.
>>
once or twice a week.

i've been trying to fix my sleeping schedule by staying up all day but it only works for the first night after the allnighter

i keep trying though.
>>
Pretty much never

My sleep schedule is pretty normal and I can't really stay up past 1am without getting tired.
>>
Almost never. Why suffer 24 hours a day when you can knock off 3 or 4.
>>
>>24328393
I'm honestly pulling one right now. I haven't been able to sleep tonight, I don't know why. I will probably be up today trying to stay awake as long as possible so I can sleep tonight. I try multiple things to keep myself awake, entertaining myself however I can, but I think the best thing I can to with a friend is hit him in the head with a rock and video tape the reaction to see if that was fucked up or what.
>>
I used to do it frequently, but now I work a night shift job and I honestly feel like a piece of shit if I don't wake up to some sort of sunlight.

I did do it this past weekend though. My cousins friend and I smoked weed and played fifa for hours, then when we went to go home we realized it was 11am and decided to go to a buffet. It was nice
>>
once or twice every year

I get that second wind after staying up a bit but after that I feel like dying
>>
i stay up until at least 7am most nights but i sleep for 12+ hours every day. i have no idea why you'd want to be awake more than you have to be
>>
File: 1421390649059.jpg (63 KB, 498x564) Image search: [Google]
1421390649059.jpg
63 KB, 498x564
I don't.

I can't stand feeling tired.
>>
>>24328393
>Have best friend in middle school
>He's a huge sperg, but I was able to tolerate him
>He lives with his divorced mom in a tiny ass apartment, they're pretty poor
>a week before we go back to school, he calls me super excited
>tells me his mom bought 3 tickets for disneyland, two for them and one for a friend
>he invites me, I'm fucking stoked
>the day before Disneyland, I stay the night at his house
>both of us are too excited to sleep, just play ps2 and watch movies all night
>around 2am, we make a decision to pull an all-nighter
>still feeling fully awake during the ride there, but both of us start to feel tired once we get in line to enter the park
>friend asks his mom if we can go to the mechanical bird show first
>as soon as we get in, he lies down on the bench we were sitting on and passes out
>his mom is visibly upset, tries to wake him up but he actually starts crying
>I have no clue what to do, decide fuck it and lie down to sleep as well
>his mom let us sleep there for two hours
>by the time we woke up, the park was packed and we only rode about 4 rides
>his mom was visibly crying on the ride home, while my oblivious friend was on his gameboy playing pokemon

I didn't feel bad about it until several years later, but thats the last time I've pulled an all-nighter. That poor woman. If my kids did that, I would murder them
>>
>>24328393
Almost every night. I sometimes just take small naps in the afternoon. I hate sleeping.
>>
File: shitbrix.jpg (75 KB, 570x382) Image search: [Google]
shitbrix.jpg
75 KB, 570x382
>>24328393
Used to do it a lot more often than I do now (usually while coming down off of stimulant drugs).

Now I might pull all-nighters two or three times a year, generally during red-eye flights.
>>
>>24328393
Never anymore. It's all I can do to stay up until one AM or so these days, and I can only manage that once every couple of months.
>>
File: 1438162853451.jpg (162 KB, 639x957) Image search: [Google]
1438162853451.jpg
162 KB, 639x957
>>24328393
All nighters don't really exist for me anymore
Often I'll be up 20 hours at a time and sleep around 15
The only things that interupt this are being up afternoons-midnight on tuesdays, evenings on fridays and all normie day sunday
It can get pretty disorienting but it's pretty cool when I haven't seen the sun or spoken to another in a few days and going out for a drive or a walk in the early morning when temps get almost to freezing where its usually 35/100+ degrees and the streets are usually crowded but empty and silent save for the wind
>>
small time niggers ITT
i reguarlly stay up for several days, 4-7 in one go, all thanks to the beauty that is shard
>>
Usually at least once a week. If I'm trying to get rid of my vampire hours 3 times a week and I am in a lot of fucking pain that whole week. Always takes less than a month before my body forces the vampire hours back on me. Been a problem since I was a little kid. My theory is that I'm desperate to find privacy from the world.
>>
Doing one right now. I always regret them every time however
>>
>>24328665
Absent father durr
>>
>>24329278
God I miss this
>>
its 2pm.. still up..

send help.
>>
second all night in a row and i didn't even want to do the first one. the less i sleep, the less i CAN sleep. if i stay up for one night, it takes about another three days of zero sleep before i finally collapse. i'm considering killing myself because of it
>>
>>24328393
My sleep schedule usually advances forward by a few hours each day so I constantly cycle through the days and nights being awake.
>>
all nighters are never healthy if you're older than 20.

if you need to fix your sleep in a day then stay awake until midday, take a 3 hr nap or break it up into four 40 minute naps. then stay awake until you're ready to crash for your real sleep. you'll need to an alarm for this.
>>
Never
I usually just wake up early and do shit.
>>
>>24330296
thats what you get when you do nothing all day

i've always been NEET but there was a time i was really into lifting. i'd be exhausted around 1-2am every night even tho lifting was the only thing i did.

now i quit lifting and i cycle through day and night too. i just don't care anymore.
>>
>>24330304
what are the health effects of pulling allnighters?
any permanent damage? that's all i care about desu.
>>
>>24330296
same been going for years with a period of about two weeks
>>
File: 1432861036023.jpg (1003 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1432861036023.jpg
1003 KB, 4500x4334
Been pulling all nighters regularly for the last couple weeks because I have to write a 25 page paper by the beginning of December. It's a research paper about the American Revolution. It's all that is standing between me and a college degree.

Hope I can wrap this up by the end of the week so I can play vidya nonstop until graduation. I'm extremely burned out on school and have no interest in my subject so it's a pain in the ass to make myself work on this. I'm so close yet so far from the finish line.
>>
>>24330296
>>24330394
kind of weird after it's gone on for quite awhile to realize that you've lived for fewer days than everyone else
>>
I work a night shift and I sleep when the sun rises.
>>
>>24328393
I pull all nighters pretty much every night. Night shift at work is my preference. 11pm - 7am.
>>
>>24330326
>thats what you get when you do nothing all day
This used to happen back in my school years too, I would start my day at 8am but would still be wide awake at 4am the next morning.

Prescription sleeping meds have reduced it to my current situation but they can't cure it completely, but I was missing out on so much sleep back then due to school that I wasn't growing properly.

I honestly think I would be well suited to 30 hour days provided that both awake and sleep cycles were longer.
>>
>>24330296

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-24-hour_sleep%E2%80%93wake_disorder

Sounds like you have a lengthened circadian period. Lithium can help as can light box therapy.
>>
every other night. right now I stay up for 24 hours and sleep 24 hours
>>
>>24330554
This is exactly what I have, there's basically no long term cure.

My school were fucking useless in making allowances too, all talk but with no real solutions.
>>
File: 1421525902786.jpg (33 KB, 401x485) Image search: [Google]
1421525902786.jpg
33 KB, 401x485
>>24330554
I already take lithium and insurance wouldn't pay for a light box.
>>
>>24330628
They are not that expensive, I got mine at an electronics store. Granted I use it as a work light these days.
>>
>>24330554
I thought humans have a 26 hour cycle when they cannot see the outside world/time.
>>
>>24330836
so thats why my ~30 hour cycle keeps fucking my shit up
>>
>>24330999
Are you trying to be me?
>>
>>24330836
I've read that in most studies or individual cases people tend to end up with longer cycles but I didn't know if 26 hours was the more common one.

I remember hearing a particular case about a man who stayed underground for a long ass time because of some study unrelated study he was doing. He ended up on basically 48 hour days and greatly underestimated how long he was underground to the point people were worried about him.
>>
Every couple nights. I'll get called to work from 10 at night until 8 in the morning.

It's a living.
>>
>>24331089
>10 to 8
>10 hour shift overnight
I work overnight regularly and that sounds disgusting to me. Do you get an hour lunch? Because I used to be Wal-Mart overnight and they did that. I hated it. Was 10pm to 7 am.
It was also back when they paid less and I was always fucking broke.

Got a job making donuts at a gas station from midnight to 8. I like it much better. You don't technically get a "lunch" but I'm almost completely by myself and I can take a break whenever I want and still get full 8 hour shifts.

Since the topic ls all nighters I'll also mention I tend to fuck up my sleep schedule on my days off; it almost gets back to normal just because I get tired at night and don't have enough stimulus to stay awake. I usually end up taking 3-5 hour naps Saturday and Sunday and that just barely gets me back on schedule for Monday.
>>
>>24331162
I work on call on what's called an extra board. I'm technically entitled to a 20 minute meal period between my 5th and 6th hour.

What's more difficult is that you might work a bunch of nights like that, then you get called to work from 6 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon.
>>
>>24331193
I hope they pay you well enough that you can justify that with yourself.

The gas station I'm at does $11/hour. I really can't beat that anywhere nearby without a degree in something. And probably an awful commute. A degree is my next goal though.
>>
>>24331272
>Make $42/hr
Yeah, I think I make enough money to justify the terms of my employment.
>>
Too often. Less than I used to now that I have a family and job and

>tfw no more dexedrine
>>
as of lately, never. sleep is much more satisfying than torturing yourself
>>
>>24330344
look up the effects of sleep deprivation, it can kill you
>>
Once/twice a week. Easy with drugs.
>>
File: insomnia.jpg (125 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
insomnia.jpg
125 KB, 480x320
Pulling one right now. Been up for 24 hours. Body is exhausted, eyelids feel heavy and I'm much more emotional (a song made me tear up).
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.