[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 426x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 426x345
Get in here depressed bros
>>
File: 1445155834317.jpg (348 KB, 781x552) Image search: [Google]
1445155834317.jpg
348 KB, 781x552
>tfw you turned out to be the person your elementary school teachers warned you about
>>
I don't actually understand how I'm suppose to continue with this loneliness. I have nobody at all. No friends.
Is there a point in going on? What is it? How can I do it without this horrible feeling hurting me every second of he day?
>>
>>24327910
Anyone have any advice on making through each day?
>>
>>24327910
There is nothing but moment-by-moment self-gratification. That's all you live for.
>>
What do I do if I know I'm going to kill myself eventually? Can I prevent it?
>>
>>24327896
are you the guy whose mom died yesterday?
>>
>>24327947
Can you please explain? How do I get self gratification?
>>
I have a feeling in my chest that is really heavy, and I can feel it in my throat
>>
>>24327966
You are getting it. If you have nothing to live for then what you're doing in the moment is your self-gratification. Otherwise there's no reason to keep living and you'd kill yourself.
>>
>>24327951
no, embrace it
>>
File: 1430871222787.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1430871222787.png
30 KB, 400x400
>tfw only thing which makes me happy is the thought of giving it all up
>>
>>24327960
no im the guy who fucked your mum yesterday
>>
>>24327910
Work. You have to do something important.
>>
>>24327903
You became an astronaut?
>>
File: 1442155911392.gif (1 MB, 490x377) Image search: [Google]
1442155911392.gif
1 MB, 490x377
>tfw completely ignored by my uni project group
>tfw they ask if ive done what i was supposed to do
>tfw i dont actually know what i was supposed to do since they ignored me
life is shit, not just because of greentext but shit in general..
loneliness and /r9k/ is my only friend
>>
File: 1409510324405.png (65 KB, 506x608) Image search: [Google]
1409510324405.png
65 KB, 506x608
>christmas is coming up

that and birthday are the worst. nothing makes me want to relapse harder than the holidays
>>
>>24327951
you can probably prevent it if you want, but life will most likely not get any better
>>
>>24328099
No, I became a dropout
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 511x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 511x449
>tfw you are a qt yourself, but it means nothing
>tfw you feel things only for other qts who you will never be, and if you were, it would mean nothing to you

I think this is a symptom of my anxiety, racing thoughts, good feelings are never ends in themselves to me, and they feel like they will go away so easily that I cant even enjoy them and instead feel anxious that theyre going to go away.
>>
http://youtu.be/aQDzicJuz-A

Thread theme. Some non lyrical music
>>
>>24328140
Relapse on what?
>>
>finding it difficult to make it through each day
>realize there is about another 50 years to go, that's if I don't get cancer or die some other premature death
>I'll also be older and in the same position I'm in now
There is no hope
>>
>Tfw my friend keeps asking to do stuff
>tfw I decline every time
>>
Isn't depression just a misunderstood meme built by shrinks as a psychological construct so that they seem to know what they're talking about?

Perhaps depression is just the mind trying to grasp the changing paradigm around itself and society's brainwashing and stigmatism is just upsetting people and making them sad and overly concerned when they should just be happy and "let it all go" until the mind has recalibrated itself.
>>
>>24328404
Depression is accompanied by a feeling though. That feeling prohibits what you said
>>
>>24328464

That feeling defines the very essence of what I said was wrong with misinterpreting depression. It's like fever which is natures way of elevating temperature in certain parts of the body that are inflamed and fighting pathogens. Instead of just chilling and waiting for the job to finish people get distressed and literally "chill" that mechanism out and suffer more as a result by many orders of magnitude, the more "chill pills" they take. So perhaps it's the same with psychotropic mood fixers.
>>
>gf broke up with me
>have to keep myself occupied with work, computer, or tv to stop thinking about her constantly and getting depressed
>can't sleep at night, read a book, keep to my thoughts, or anything basically without some outside stimulus or else I think of her and it debilitates me
>think about calling her every day
>>
B V I T A M I N S

V
I
T
A
M
I
N
S
>>
I'm past the point of being suicidal, I just exist
>>
>>24328573
I'm in the same situation. It's my first time. I literally don't know how I'm supposed to carry on. Any advice? Is this your first time going through it?
>>
>>24328632
Not the same guy but it's been roughly 3 months for me so far, I cut off all contact with her, sometimes I think about her but it goes away eventually on it's own, there's nothing you can do except go through it all until it stops completely, that will most likely be a year or more if you really loved her.
>>
How do you know if you're depressed?

Closest I got was wanting to stay in bed forever but forcing myself up. I would imagine someone would actual depression would just stay in bed forever
>>
tfw popping pills,smoking weed and thinking about killing my self
>>
>>24328140
>tfw birthday 2 days after christmas
>>
>>24328658
Thanks. Is there a way to prevent this from happening again in the future, not including giving up on women all together?

With this relation, i realized that I don't need sex as much as I need love. I need somebody to love me. What do?
>>
>>24328602

Brewer's yeast makes me bloat
>>
>>24328660

It's quite possibly just a forced meme that normies made up so they could make different hugboxes and discuss mood altering presctiption medication and the associated side effects. Before the 1800s I don't think that term even existed in medical science. Think about that for a minute.
>>
>>24328717

Grandparents can fill that void. So can nephews and nieces.
>>
File: 1443298761049.png (440 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1443298761049.png
440 KB, 633x758
Who /carrying that weight/ here?

I just want acceptance for my weak side. No, even easier, i just want someone to hug me and tell me that it must have been hard being alone all this time. Why, mommy? Why'd you have to shun me as I grew up? Just because your son is tall and strong doesn't mean he's grown right. What's the point of living when my most delicate side is never acknowledged nor cared for?

My core is rotting very fast
>>
File: 46674.jpg (33 KB, 295x475) Image search: [Google]
46674.jpg
33 KB, 295x475
anyone reading?
a lot of what is written there resonates with me, I don't really use the practical advice there (or do the exercises) but it's nice to read a no-bullshit explanation of what's going on with you.

even if you're not yet ready to help yourself (the book covers that part too)
>>
>>24328745
But I need romantic love. Not for the sex, though that's important too. But cuddling and kissing and living together and growing old together
>>
>>24328717
Well take it from me friend, the same month I broke up with her it was hell, even the month after that but during the 3rd month (this month) I started to realize that you can't make someone you're whole world, even if she is your first love or anything of the sort, you cannot and should not genuinely care for someone 100%, especially a girl because no matter what, they will in most cases not feel the same way, there is no such thing as true love, that's just something I've been thinking about because of this, me and her were dating for 11 months, almost a year before breaking up and we were already talking about the future (moving in together, having kids) etc but then it all just went to shit, there's just no guarantee, but yes I know how you feel, god speed.
>>
File: 1446619394895s.jpg (12 KB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
1446619394895s.jpg
12 KB, 250x231
> tfw I got fired from my job today
>>
>>24328632
My first time too. I'm struggling so I don't have any good advice. If you have friends than maybe spend time with them, I have none making this really hard. Maybe start lifting weights too.
>>
>>24328808
why did that happen
>>
>>24328805
I agree with you man. I didn't even make her 100% of my life. Not even 50%. But now that she's gone I realise that having someone there who loves you makes all the difference. I was receiving love from her, and now it's gone. That's what hurts me. I need to be loved. It can't not exist. Why would I want to so badly? Like water. It exists. I want it when I'm thirsty. Evolution made it that way.
Sorry, I don't mean to argue with you or challenge your beliefs.
>>
>>24328833
I also have no friends man. I'd hug you if I could
>>
File: 1428301834593.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1428301834593.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
Finally got work at fast food
Maybe ill finally be able to afford a gun to kill myself with
>>
>>24328757
I'm weak. Why do I have to pretend that I'm tough? I just want to be looked after
>>
>>24328847
Nah bruh it's ok, you didn't challenge me in anyway, talking about it is good, for me, I've recently grown a bit of a beard and my hair has gotten long because I don't want to go to a barbers, depression is causing this, I've been off work for 3 months and struggling with rent now, I honestly just feel like ending it all, it's not because of her, she did cause a little bit of the depression but most of it is other stuff which I won't mention and keep private, but regarding someone to love you, I feel you, I have nobody that cares about me, both my parents are dead, I live by myself, I'm just fucked and lonley, the one thing I can think of is, not to put yourself out there, you need to find the right girl which will no doubt take time, after that, I really don't know friend, good honest girls are hard to come by, hopefully you find the right girl for you soon.
>>
>>24328888
checked quads.

Where the fuck is our mommy gfs
>>
>>24328805
I know what love I got from her. She gave me affection and admiration and care. But I didn't know how to give her the love that she needs. How do guys love girls? If we love them like they love us (affection, admiration, care) they think we're a pussy and lose all respect for us. So how do men love women? What do we give them?
>>
>>24328845
I got my shifts mixed up. I was supposed to be working from 11am - 5pm but I thought it was 5pm - 11pm.

The worst part I'm 25 and live at home, no friends, no gf, no car. I'm looked down and despised enough as it is so I haven't told my mom I was fired yet.

Thinking I'm just going to get really drunk and an hero so she doesn't have to deal with me as a burden anymore. I'm literally too stupid to hold a minimum wage job.
>>
>>24328860
Read >>24328808
I was fired Burger King. At least I have enough money to buy a gun now.
>>
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 1178x1590) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 1178x1590
>>24328888
You dont senpai, its aaaaalll going to be ok.

Life isnt supposed to be any way, it just is. You can desire as much happiness and comfort as you want and nobody had the right to tell you otherwise
>>
>>24328897
Dude I appreciate your honesty, not like the false hope and good vibes and general trash you get from other people. And honestly dude I mean your situation as you describe it is hectic. I feel for you.
I haven't lost my mum yet... Dreading it.
Hang on man. I don't know why, but maybe something will change.

And this perfect girl... I don't know what she'd be like. This girl I had was pretty much perfect. And I made up things to complain about. And she tried harder, and I kept on demanding more. I'm the problem.

What happened with your girl?
>>
>no motivation to do anything
>can't find joy in anything
>don't see the point
>death is coming no matter what

When my mom was alive she wasted hours and hours on her laptop playing some stupid mahjong game until she fell asleep. She told she did so to pass time and not think. I used to find that very sad, like she lost stupidly precious time. But now I understand and I too spend my days on the computer trying to forget I'm alive.
>>
File: 1445086412818.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445086412818.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>helping out other people
>building up relations with them
>being active
>in my quiet time i realize how sad I still am
>cry really hard and in an ugly way

Feels a bit better now
>>
>>24328988
Iktf bro
I wish the world exploded right...... Now!

...Damn
>>
>>24328911
The love I gave for my girl was the best, I treated her really good, I think that was the worst mistake, 11 months, I feel like I wasted my time, you know? Women want to feel safe when she is with a guy, they want to be reassured of everything, like for my relationship for example, she was a University graduate with a bachelors honors in Biology and she is one of those girls that puts her work before anything else, I was a lazy fuck with a minimum wage job and didn't "care" about it, and apparently that is what made her lose interest in me, telling me I need to care a lot more about the world and my job, why should I care for the world when it's truly and utterly fucked up? She also told me straight up that she liked a guy at her workplace (she works at the Science Centre in our biggest city) and I basically lost my shit because I knew it was gonna be some faggot with an honors degree or some shit, I looked him up and he's like 5 foot something and really skinny, I'm 6 foot 3, to this day I don't know if they are dating now or anything since I cut off all contact but I found out today that she is traveling to London since this morning, that really made me even more depressed, so, what love do we give women? I don't know, I'd say probably unconditional love, as per my previous post too, don't love them too much, make sure to treat them like shit sometimes too, because from what I can see, they seem to like it. (She was with an abuse boyfriend for 5 years before me) yet she wanted to leave me only after 11 months while treating her good? Nah, shit is fucked up, women are all fucked in the head, I also had the feeling she "broke" up with me a few months before this, you know, the whole bullshit that girls lose interest in you and don't love you even though you haven't broken up? Yeah, that's true, it's so they don't go through all the depression and bad feelings all in the one go.

Sorry I'm ranting here.
>>
>>24328733
Yeah it could be. I know the normies that claim to have it are lazy fuckers but the difference between here is that it seems like a lot of people here have really bad backgrounds
>>
>tfw homicidal thoughts
>>
File: walking disaster.jpg (187 KB, 739x900) Image search: [Google]
walking disaster.jpg
187 KB, 739x900
>it will never get better, only different
>I can't even affect it myself, just endure

Why do we continue on, bros?
>>
>>24328976
Thanks bro, I really hope things do get better. :(

Regarding my girl, it's all here, I replied to someone else:
>>24329020
>>
>>24328702
at least you get it all wrapped up at the same time, xmas > bday > new years stretch, just get drunk the whole time. My birthday's in the middle of May
>>
>>24328782

Yes but a part of that can be filled with grannies and nieces. They're like living, breathing teddybears. Not the whole deal but at least part of it.
>>
>>24329020
This is so scary close to my story down to the gf with STEM degree to her leaving me for some guy at her job to her trying to push me to care about getting a better job and future , that I'm sure that you are somebody that I know just fucking with me....
>>
>tfw pass a dead baby bird

All this sadness, and Ive barely even scratched the tip of the worlds suffering

I need religion, fuck atheism
>>
>>24328225
here guy, have more non-lyrical ambience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DILENcLL9A
>>
>>24329020
Totally true. And when you ask what's wrong? Nothing's wrong. So you treated her well for eleven months and she jumped ship for some other fag before leaving you. There's nothing you can do then, coz I treated my girl terribly and she bailed. Lasted about the same as yours. I purposely didn't treat her nicely because I have done that before and looked back with embarrassment when they saw me as a beta. Nothing keeps em on your terms. I'm convinced we just have to deal without em.
>>
>>24329058
I'm defo sure we don't know each other, I live in Scotland, but if I did know you and or did live near you, fuck man, I'd meet up with you and buy you a pint, I just cannot comprehend caring about a job that's minimum wage.
>>
>>24329023

I just don't know. I've always thought that the benzos and SSRIs and everything else shrinks push are just chemical lies except for a few things like lithium that are really needed.

The real cures are probably fixing nutritional imbalances and cutting out things like sugar and other baddies from the diet. http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Blues-William-Dufty/dp/0446343129
>>
>>24329062
A suffering baby bird completely changed my life
>>
>>24329094
Yeah I've been thinking about that too, sure, I'd say around, 9 months into the relationship I started treating her good a bit less? (Sorry I left this part out, it was really nothing serious) But even then that didn't work, we had a few arguments during the 11 months but what's a relationship without arguments right? I agree with you man, I feel as if, no matter what you fucking do, you just cannot please women, they will always try and hop on another cock, I'm sick and tired of it, I've given up on them for now, if a girl genuinely gets interested in me in the future which I doubt then yeah sure I'll try a little, but for now, nah.
>>
>>24329144
You're a tougher man than I. There's no way I could start from scratch again. I'm not going to invest a goddamn thing in the next one. And you know what? I already know that that'll make her like me more. And then what'll happen? I'll start to go easy on her, fall for her, invest something, feel bead when j do terrible shit, and then... She leaves
>>
>>24329034
Tell us your story man
>>
>>24329103
Crazy how people can have such similar stories and live half way around the world from each other. Goes to show you that no matter how horrible you have it, someone out there is going through it also.
Good luck with everything man.
>>
File: 1445048751981.jpg (48 KB, 387x357) Image search: [Google]
1445048751981.jpg
48 KB, 387x357
>tfw can almost afford sudoku supplies
>>
>>24329159
Yep you're right friend, it's like a trap they set up, you really need to have a strong mind and will not to fall for them, all compliments aside (thanks btw) I really don't think I'm that tough, I say I will try a little but mentally I'm not so sure ya know, I'm just like you, what's the point trying and wasting time again, wasting money on them again? I just feel like it's not worth it at all, sex, love, warmth from a girl, it's good but is it good enough for the sake of your sanity, when they leave you again, is it worth fucking you up again (maybe even worse than the first time or other time?) probably not.
>>
File: 1447056773913.jpg (299 KB, 850x782) Image search: [Google]
1447056773913.jpg
299 KB, 850x782
>be depressed as fuck
>think about dropping out of university and probably of life, just one month before I'm supposed to get my degree and start working
>can't sleep during the night
>alarm clock rings
>okay, time to get up I guess

>German class
>cool, we'll just watch a movie
>it's the story of a NEET who dropped out of college for no apparent reason, is super depressed, tries to avoid social contacts and to stay alone in his almost empty flat
>his father just finds out he has only been pretending to go to college, so he cuts his money
>guy keeps getting bothered by people, who let show how empty and miserable their own lives are, all while drinking more and more alcohol
>finally meets a guy just as depressed and lonely as him but much older, who dies
>the end

>class on organizations and management
>study the case of a model company which is supposed to be an amazing workplace, a bit like Google
>study how actually workers are completely alienated by the organization and deeply hate their job and company

Should I do my homeworks and finally write the CV I should have already sent to hundreds of employers months ago, or can I just accidentally fall on the subway tracks already?
>>
>>24329179
Yeah it's crazy scary, thanks man, hope you get what you want in this world, good luck and god speed.
>>
File: (CANT WAKE UP).jpg (132 KB, 572x845) Image search: [Google]
(CANT WAKE UP).jpg
132 KB, 572x845
>>24329175
I'd rather not, I just wanted to ask a question
>>
>tfw depressed and watch Netflix all day
I'm fucked if my console or internet goes out. It's the only way to numb the pain
>>
>>24329049
that made me feel better, thanks family
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.