[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
robots im drunk convince me not to kill myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: 20151117_032954.jpg (961 KB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
20151117_032954.jpg
961 KB, 2322x4128
robots im drunk
convince me not to kill myself
>>
You have to at least wait until starwars, then you can off yourself
>>
>>24327404
thats a good point ill give you that on
>>
The world isn't going to be a better or worse place with or without you.

Take that however you like.
>>
inb4 kill yourself faggot

hey man don't kill yourself because you maybe have a hangover to look forward to and because i want to kill myself and already decided not to today so u should not kill yourself in like solidarity or some shit anti-suicide pact
>>
If it makes you happy, go for it.
>>
>>24327416
i know nothing matter, but nihilism is too complex a subject for me right noe
>>24327424
if you have something or someone to live for, then im happy for you
>>24327432
it wont, but i dont know whats truly better than suffering at this point
>>
File: P1010147.jpg (601 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
P1010147.jpg
601 KB, 1440x1920
nah get some weed, suicide thoughts bye bye.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 400x387
>tripfag makes thread for attention
>implying he'd kill himself anyway

Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>24327483
You're not wrong, the attention is nice.
But only because /r9k/ is the only thing I have right now.
If I had people to talk to, I would,
But alll I have is you, sad as that is.
Yeah, sure, maybe its a cry fro whatevwer, but you know what, at least it's something.
If you guys wrent here, i'd definitely be dead by now.
But you don't care that youre the only thing keeping me alive.
You probably hate my guts just for having a trip.
Doesnt matter.
Your here, talking to me. Be it insults or compliments.
So thanks.
>>
>>24327483
we are all dying by living...living is just a death sentence in disguise. Nihilism means nothing.
>>
>>24327470
That's not true. I thought about killing myself after how paranoid and anxious I used to get from smoking marijuana.
>>
>>24327455
>what's better than suffering
Not suffering.
What do you suffer from?
>>
File: 6GODISWATCHING.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
6GODISWATCHING.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>24327384
There's only one reason not to do it OP. When you die you can't have a twinkie bar no mo
>>
>>24327384
I hate those new plastic 40s. I switched from OE and 211s to Hurricane just so I could get glass bottles.
>>
>>24327543
I'm down to talk, making more friends is always welcome.

As to why not to kill yourself, doesn't really fix anything. And then I'd be bored without a thread to post in. So not really advantageous for me.
>>
File: valley.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
valley.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
Suffering gives us a reason to exist. In perfect bliss life would be banal and without definition. Deeper lows give a richer appreciation of the good things.
>>
but then there would be nothing to drink away anon
>>
>>24327384

Because you still lose.

Dead people can't experience anything so you still will never know what it feels like not to suffer.

In other words, you can't experience the state of experiencing nothing.
>>
>>24327655
guilt and depression. The guilt will never end, and the guilt causes the depression. I'm fucked.
>>24327675
I know, it fucking sucks, First olde english now 211. Hows hurricane in terms of taste/quality?
>>24327688
I agree. However, my suffering continues throughout what seem to be minuscule or insignificant episodes of happiness.
>>24327694
I drink to ease my sorrows
>>24327716
I felt what it's like not to suffer. the problem is that I know I'll never feel like that again.
>>
>>24327741
What do you feel guilty of?
>>
File: 1442975218173.jpg (362 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1442975218173.jpg
362 KB, 1600x1200
>>24327384
If you're dead, you can't feel and create something beautiful. You can't live without pain but you can give meaning to it by expressing it through art.

Here are some works made of such feels.

The Stranger - Albert Camus
Notes from Underground - Fyodor Dostoevsky
Nausea - Jean-Paul Sartre
Whatever - Michel Houellebecq
Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger
>>
no convincing, 7777 and ill join u
>>
Don't do it when you're drunk or people will blame the alcohol and not the fact you're miserable and alone
>>
File: 1442968841645.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442968841645.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>24327384
To see where technology goes.
>>
File: 1442909321334.gif (319 KB, 314x314) Image search: [Google]
1442909321334.gif
319 KB, 314x314
>>24327781
Damn that's good.
>>
>>24327741
Not as good as OE or SR but at 8.10% you definitely get bang for your buck. Smooth enough and goes down easy, only takes a couple to get you hammered.
>>
>>24327745
oh boy story tiem

When I was 9 years old, I watched my mother die of a heroin overdose on my living room floor.
That same day, she had taken me to the park, like she usually did.
Now keep in mind, my mom wasn't that well off financially, while my dad (they separated when I was little after he found out he was gay) was after moving to seattle to find work. Whenever he would visit he would take me on cool trips or give me toys, while my mom was stuck with cheaper and inexpensive options.
I'm assuming that my little boy brain didn't understand this and this is why, but when she was carrying me on her shoulders back home from the park, I casually and without provocation said that I loved my dad more. She started crying.
When we got home, she sent me to my room.
I woke up that night from a nightmare and I was feeling bad about what I had said, so I went downstairs to apologize, but when I I tried to wake her up she wouldn't.
As I grew up I realized that my mother struggled with problems with addiction and depression, but the thought that what I said to her that day, the thought that the one thing that might have been keeping her alive had abandoned her and she was left with nothing else but to take her own life...
Well, living my life in constant pain and agony seems punishment enough.
>>
>>24327840
It's not your fault
>>
>>24327840
>my little boy brain didn't understand this
But that's entirely right. You do not have the level of cognitive dissonance to understand a situation like that at that age, while also being spoiled.

Your mother was, in fact, either dumb or incredibly egoistical to take your 9 year old's word as something to make such a decision over. You're the one who should be given an apology, rather than your mother.
>>
>>24327840
That's fucked up. Just remember it's not your fault and nothing you could have done would have prevented it.
>>
>>24327384
This goes for everyone, not just OP. I've told myself this year that if I ever get to the point where I'm seriously considering suicide, I'm gonna say fuck it and do a ton of shit I'd never normally consider and if that doesn't change things, then helium tank it is.

Maybe I'll join some kind of charity group building hospitals in 3rd world countries, or maybe I'll just say fuck you to all my fears and face them before suicide. I mean if I'm willing to end my life then why the fuck am I afraid of public speaking or being the center of attention, etc.

Actually, if I'm close to committing suicide because my life is shit then maybe I should dedicate the rest of my life to helping others not have a shitty life. Hell, if I didn't have fucked up knees I could even join the military and go kill a bunch of terrorists.
>>
>>24327865
>>24327883
>>24327887
Damn robots, I thought I was done crying.
>>
>>24327840
It's not your fault. She could have said, 'hey I'm gonna quit the junk and use the money to buy nice things for my son' but she didn't.
>>
>>24327384
I can't.
You have to figure it out for yourself.
>>
>>24327384
Don't fucking bother do it when you are sober. I tried when i was drunk and failed. You'll just end up in some Psych ward where people treat you like a sub human
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.