[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw playing fallout 3 instead of 4 because too broke to buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: 1437478546466.jpg (21 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1437478546466.jpg
21 KB, 403x392
>tfw playing fallout 3 instead of 4 because too broke to buy an xbox one and fallout 4.

Who /poor/ here?
>>
>>24326549
Just wait two years anon. DLC and patches will up to date and xbox one will be on the cheap cheap.
>>
>xbox one
seriously?
>>
>>24326582
It just sucks because I used to have one but had to sell it.

I could have been playing it now.
>>
File: shiggy_tomato_diggy.jpg (29 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
shiggy_tomato_diggy.jpg
29 KB, 500x445
>>24326549
>buying an xbone
>to play bethesda games
>on a console

With a PC and Steam sales, in two years or so you could buy it and all the DLC for 10 or 20 bucks and get mods.
>>
>>24326590
Poor fags will understand
>>24326632
and what happened anon ? Couldn't afford tendies?
>>
>>24326590
What would you suggest?
>>
Don't worry. Your son betrays you anyway at the end. So predictable.
>>
>>24326643
Thanks anon :)
This motherfucker
>>
>>24326636
He can't even afford an Xbox. How the fuck is he going to get a computer that can run this game plus mods?
>>
>>24326549

are you me? i work a minimum wage job and i only have old videogames
>>
Me. I'm unemployed for the first time in 5 years. I'm not used to not having the money to get any game I want on a whim. At least I found a mental health clinic that allows me to get medication dirt cheap and provides me with free counseling services since I'm currently out of work and don't have insurance.
>>
>>24326640
My dad got sick and I had to sell most of my shit and move back in with him.

It's been a rough year.
>>
>>24326662
Yup I'm not working a $7.25 mcwagekek job.
>>
>>24326710
now*

bloop bop
>>
>>24326643
>>24326660
>Don't worry. Your son betrays you anyway at the end
JUST
>>
>>24326549
Don't you have PC?
>>
>>24326643
Literally doesn't happen but k
>>
>tfw 5 years old PC
>tfw last AAA-game I was able to play comfortably was Dark Souls
I can't even upgrade the parts now, everything is so outdated I might as well buy a new thing entirely. But with my shitty wagekek salary it means not eating for 3 months at least
>>
File: 1447200561543.jpg (15 KB, 317x432) Image search: [Google]
1447200561543.jpg
15 KB, 317x432
>>24327351
>tfw prebuilt from 2004
>pentium 4 dualcore
>played the shit out of New Vegas and never saw more than 5fps
>>
>>24327375
i used to play like that until i had the 400 euro saved i needed to build something usable
>>
>>24326549
I am but i have a semi job and very fucking grateful. Now i can buy shit for once in my life. But in case it goes south haven't spend much of it. Just gonna save it up Gonna build myself a PC and play some fallout 4 later with mods later as well as other games.

Not really enough to build a good one yet but i'm getting their. I missed out on some much waiting don't bother me. If it weren't for my friend i wouldn't have it so it's pretty dam nice.
>>
>>24326549
not poor but let me tell you Fallout 4 fucking sucks. I didn't want to believe it but having a voiced character and the fucking dialogue wheel killed it for me.

your responses boil down to this
>yes
>no
>yes with attitude
>say something snarky or "maybe" and then get thrown back into the same choices again.

The days of solving conflicts with out fighting are for the most part over and done with. The game is practically Call of Duty only with worse gunplay and a half assed RPG mechanic tacked on to it.

Oh and building your own settlements has some of the worst UI you can ever fucking imagine. To make matters worse while settlements are mostly optional a shit ton of stuff you can build or do is hidden behind perks. This essentially means there are mandatory perks for the vast majority of players. Since most players are going to use the settlement mechanic and the fact the game basically throws you into it with the first faction you meet.

The weapon crafting is nice but it also means there is a serious lack of unique weapon types in the game. That laser pistol you got turns into a laser rifle when you add a stock to it and extend the barrel.

The only plus side to this game I can think of is it will piss away a lot of time for someone that has nothing else to do. Its not a horrible game but very mediocre. It is however a shit Fallout game.
>>
>>24327474
i don't understand why people aren't all up in arms about this game.

it's a worse game than fo: nv in just about every way except gunplay. hell, it's even mostly inferior to f03...
>>
>>24327512

I think most people are still playing but will eventually burn out on it and reach similar conclusions. The sad part is Bethesda won't change so we can expect the next Elder scrolls game to be like this or worse. Needless to say the same will apply to the next fallout game. The only way they could of made this worse would be making it a cellphone only game or some other bullshit.

I am so mad that I pissed away money on the season pass to make matters worse.
>>
>>24327566
This is why i don't pay pay full price for 90% of games anymore. i waited 2 years to play 3 and nv
>>
>>24327512
but i liked new vegas
>>
>>24327566
I've actually been really enjoying it, and I've played the shit out of every fallout game (except tactics.) Gameplay is super good for me, pretty difficult most of the time, and I actually think the perk system is a step in the right direction, sue me.
>>
>>24326549
you're not missing out. 3 is better than 4 desu senpai I have it on pc and it's shit
>>
>>24327512
I'm with you man. I promised myself I'd never pre order a game again, but I loved fallout 3 and was like, well Bethesda can't do wrong, because I've loved every other game they've made and have hundreds if not close to a thousand hours in their games. But what the fuck with fallout 4. The town building sucks so much. None of my shit degrades, even though I always hated how inconvenient that was now I see how much realism it added. You can get a great weapon now and it stays as overpowered as when you first got it. Caps are basically useless since most of them went to repairing and maintenance, now I just stockpile them and buy outrageous quantities of ammo. Companions are still broken as fuck is you want to sneak. Like God damn Bethesda. I never thought you'd fall.
>>
>>24327628
bethesda didn't learn from their past experiences.

not only did they not improve on what was lacking in their past games (like the ai), but they took things that were fine (like dialogue) and made them worse.
>>
>>24327605
Well I am glad at least some people are enjoying it even if I didn't. I will say the difficulty is better this time around its one of the few good points about the game.

>>24327628
If you really want to break the game build a bunch of water purifiers in sanctuary. Then you can sell the purified water to shops (even your own settlements shops) for caps. Its basically free money and completely eliminates the need to sell loot for caps.
>>
>>24327628
After playing fallout 3 on ps3 as my first new gen game since the ps2 days i can say i was ripped off. Ran like ass and i'll never pre order another fallout game again. But that also goes for most of the stuff that comes out anymore.

I used to be a big fan of video games but since i made the jump to ps3 and beyond it's been sightly disappointing.
>>
>>24327628
>Like God damn Bethesda. I never thought you'd fall.

I felt the same way about Firaxis after playing all the Civilization/XCOM games, but then Beyond Earth came out...
>>
>>24327700
That Dialogue wheel makes no sense. Yeah sure Bioware uses it but Bioware fucking sucks not to mention the fact that Bethesda's games sell better anyway.

I think they just fucked it up out of laziness and to appeal to the dude bro casual gamer. This dumbing down of video games in general is some fucking Orwellian new speak bullshit.
>>
File: 1446809106501.webm (171 KB, 720x750) Image search: [Google]
1446809106501.webm
171 KB, 720x750
>tfw not playing any Bethesda game because they are all shit and I'm not a retard
>>
>>24327605
So have I.

I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a while. Fight me
>>
>>24327744
bioware, like them or not, uses dialogue wheels because they make an entirely different kind of game. they make rpgs on rails.

that kind of shit has no place whatsoever in a game like fallout, where the emphasis has always been on character customization alongside world exploration.
>>
The dialogue wheel ruined the Dragon Age franchise and it's ruining the Fallout and soon Elder Scrolls franchise.
I swear they better not give you a voiced character in the next ES game....
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.