[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Night Walk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14
File: 1433373977275.jpg (483 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1433373977275.jpg
483 KB, 1024x1024
/Night Walk/ General bros

Where are you guys wandering to tonight?

What's on your mind?

Drinking/smoking?

Share your favorite Night Walking moments if you have any too

get comfy fellow stargazers
>>
I'm American....no way in hell I'm doing this.
>>
>>24323825
I live in Milwaukee and I do this,

get a knife/gun
>>
I do this in St Louis every night
>>
File: 1444687945699.jpg (105 KB, 640x439) Image search: [Google]
1444687945699.jpg
105 KB, 640x439
>>24323757
I usually wander the same two routes every night while smoking spliffs. One goes by a bunch of industrial supply places and leads to a massive open field with a good view of the stars. The other has good sidewalks and lights the whole way but more cars so less stealth when smoking down. Second path leads towards town but it's like 3 miles so I usually don't go the way

I love blasting old hip hop and smoking spliffs at night. Can't ever enjoy smoking during the day.
>>
what time is nightwalk, usually? like 8-11 PM? Or are you taling more 1-3 AM?
>>
>>24323919
whats your schedule? I do both depending on how im feeling, same with riding my bike through the city
>>24323910
Night smoking is a good feel, I get lit and listen to Boards of Canada, good for the woods
>>
>tfw i'll get mugged/stabbed if i nightwalk because philadelphia
>>
>>24323919
I am usually out walking any time from 10 til midnight, depends on the day. I kind of want a cop to stop and ask me what I am doing one day to see how they react to a sad looking tall lanky motherfucker walking alone listening to sad music as midnight on a friday.

I feel like there is no way they could get me in trouble for weed when I am clearly such a fuck up

also weed is legal anyway so its chill
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 1024x678
>>24323757
Not really a walk, but I got on a tourist bus for the first time today. It was nice and I'll probably do it again sometime. Seeing so many people walking around and living their lives gives me a strange cozy feeling.
>>
>>24323919
1-3am for me, once all my homework for the night is done.

i'm at a uni in the middle of suburbia, so there's no interesting sights to see. i usually just do a stroll around campus grounds, maybe a mile or so, but if i want to smoke as well i leave campus and wander around the neighborhoods.

i only smoke about once every week, so when i get high, i get really high and usually start way too introspective. how did houses end up looking the way they do? how can people stand the uniformity of living in the same house and driving the same car as an entire row of people on a grid? i often feel like an alien exploring earth for the first time, puzzled by humans and their strange motives. the only thing that keeps me grounded in reality is the risk of getting caught with weed. if there's a single set of headlights in view, i'm too scared to take a hit.

any anons have a chance to take night walks in a more rural area? walking down a windy country road, illuminated by spaced out streetlights would be my definition of comfy. bonus points for having an unpolluted night sky.
>>
>>24323825
>valuing your life and your safety
>>
>>24324128
Back in the day when I didn't have a car I would ride my road bike to and from friend's houses. My one friend lived up in the foothills (luckily there were decent bike lanes the whole way) and we had a ritual of sharing a joint on his back porch before I left. I would cruise on my bike all the way home (it was downhill the whole way back) looking at the stars and feeling the warm summer wind in my face.

Unfortunately I have not made any friends as good as that in a long time...
>>
>>24324128
Unpolluted skies ftw, I mostly stargaze or watch clouds by the lake at night, great times
>>24324115
Watching people is strangely comforting
>>24324057
Lucky, I have to pre smoke at my house then go wander and hope I smell for the first 15 minutes
>>
>>24324128
Yeah I live in a more rural area. In the winter time, between 1 and 3 am there's very very few cars around, even on the main roads. It's not uncommon to go a whole night without seeing any cars.
I can hear the highway in the distance, but that late at night in the winter, it gets so slow that I barely hear a couple of cars a minute.

Even so, I never ever leave the yard with weed. People do call the police on me, I read the town police log and I sometimes see suspicions person reports from my neighborhood from nights when I was walking.
>>
>>24323757
>get really into planted fish tanks after my gf killed herself 3 years ago
>keeps me happy and motivated
>always go out at night to the river,collecting cool plants for one of my five tanks
>bring a wireless Bluetooth speaker and just spend a few hours fucking around,looking for cool shit
>have a 80cc motorbike and after I'm done i bike around town listening to music and thinking about new tank layouts
>only been bothered by the cops once but they were just wondering what I was doing
>tonight I found a real prize,an oversized crayfish for my hardscape tank,and a huge piece of sunken driftwood with all sorts of ferns already rooted in it
>will be the jewel of my 220 gallon planted tank
>also found a really nice rock that my crayfish will love

Fish tanks are the only thing keeping me sane
>>
File: 1443486003504.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1443486003504.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1365
>>24325433
Those sound legit
>>
I work afternoons so I'm always hanging out by myself at night. It's so peaceful but damn does it get lonely sometimes
>>
I live an hour or so drive away from a "dark sky" park (Galloway forest, Scotland). Means it has the lowest level of light pollution and is one of few places in Europe like this.

You can see the milky way and everything, it's actually comfy providing you wrap up warm.

I long to go to the US and sleep under the desert night sky though, that would be amazing and if any of you did it I would be insanely jealous. Ed Abbey is one of my heroes.
>>
>>24326204
You can always see the milky way, uwotm7
>>
Night walking is the best.

I really want to get a pair of night vision goggles so I can night walk anywhere.
>>
File: YCEVckR.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
YCEVckR.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>tfw literally on a night walk right now
>>
>>24326587
Oh yeah m8? Can ya?
>>
>>24326703

get off your phone and enjoy your walk you fag
>>
Currently out for a ciggy, sirs
>>
>>24326706
Yes practically every star in the sky is in the milky way you dingus, we're even in the milky way!
>>
>>24326843
To clarify, I mean uninhibited (as far as light pollution goes) so you can see it in its glory as opposed to in a city where you can see one or two individual stars m8.
>>
File: 1428276077095.jpg (106 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1428276077095.jpg
106 KB, 500x500
Modern life is catching up with me.
Student work and stupid nonsense I don't care about take up my thoughts and I can't relax.
I just want to wander the night aimlessly again and look at the oncoming pretty lights from cars.
I want to feel love without fear of getting hurt again but I'm afraid my head and trust are completely messed up forever now.
>>
>tfw got off work
>took my dog out into the woods
>had a few smokes and just listened to the wind hit the trees and the beauty of the stars

Seriously, night walks are the best. Winter air is also amazing, smells so clean and fresh.
>>
>>24323825
I am too. You're just a fucking pussy.

Things aren't that bad outside your basement.
>>
>>24326204
Be sure to go to the following National Parks to do this in the southwest:

Zion
Grand Canyon
Joshua Tree
Monument Valley

America has the most beautiful nature in the world.
>>
I'm in Australia so no night walks here with all the bugs and wildlife out.
>>
>>24327509
Just wear some mossie repellent m8e
>>
>>24327449
>America has the most beautiful nature in the world.
kek
>>
>>24327547
Yeah might pop down to coles and get some aerogaurd.
>>
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 1000x1025) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 1000x1025
>>24327591
>implying it doesn't

We're not the best in a lot of ways, but our national parks definitely are.
>>
>>24327626
yeah it's cool, probably different tastes
>>
>>24323957
Wich album then
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 491x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 491x324
>>24327674
How can any other country compete with this?
>>
File: 1587x1053.jpg (2 MB, 1587x1053) Image search: [Google]
1587x1053.jpg
2 MB, 1587x1053
>>24327626
ok, but like ever been to South-East Asia?
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 1280x960
>>24327800
I've been to Thailand, yes. I suppose it's all relative but in my opinion the US has the most beautiful areas on earth.

Pic related is Hawaii
>>
>>24323757
>>24323757
Working nights here.

In my days off I usually take a walk from 1 - 4 am. The darkest and loneliest hours are best.

I walk in a field, park trail, and my neighborhood.

There is nothing like taking a shower, getting an iced coffee, listening to some good music, and talking to yourself while strolling around at night.

I've already talked about past gfs, goals, reasons to live, life, religion, and all sorts of shit. Doing this has really helped me think about things. Walking around at night is my favorite pass time.
>>
>>24326072
Been soloing nights for about 7 months now.

It's some of the best times I have but the loneliness is severe. I have one friend and I need a gf badly. Still, nights are great.
>>
>>24328865
Yeah, I love talking to myself it's kind of embarrassing when someone I know overhears me though.
>>
> live nearva really big ass street.
> not really that big but it's as big as it gets for the country I live in
> very busy during the day
> once it's around 1-3AM it gets completely empty.
> like we live in best korea and leaving the house after 12AM is prohibited empty
> goes around 1 mile until it ends in a square
> always walk through it till the end, then back
> on a rare occasion a car passes me by
>>
File: batsad.png (230 KB, 324x444) Image search: [Google]
batsad.png
230 KB, 324x444
>>24323757
>mfw can no longer night walk cause afraid of refugees lurking in the darkness

JUST

KEK

MY

SHIT

UP

DESU
>>
I would but live in a rough part of Detroit.
>>
File: 1430791565040.png (19 KB, 724x552) Image search: [Google]
1430791565040.png
19 KB, 724x552
Fucking assholes fuck you and your /Night Walk/
> Read those thread all the time
> Seems relaxing,try it out
> As soon as I step out,see sandniggers in groups like the animals they are
> Decide to go back and grab my gun, just for safety
> Go around for a couple minutes "Hmmm,it's not THAT bad"
> Just as predicted,sandniggers approached me,started talking shit
> readytograbmygun.exe
> Police car drives up from the corner
> "Hey,what are you doing there!?"
> They run away
> In the hassle dropped my gun
> mfw they saw
> mfw they took my gun
> mfw was charged with the illegal carrying of a firearm
> mfw I can't even kill myself now
>>
>>24329027
Just bad luck man. Try moving to a place where it's safe.

The police must be corrupt where I'm staying since they all own 360k+ houses. Half my neighborhood is made up of cops
>>
>>24328943
>not concealed carry
>>
>>24329078
I live in Germany,it used to be safe until Merkel fucked us all in the ass.
>>
>>24329027
>dropped my gun
Either this is made up or you may actually be retarded.
>>
>tfw walking down a foggy dark road whilst tripping on 25i and smoked a joint while listening to Aphex Twins Ambient 85-92

I had that night like 4 years ago and I remember it so vividly. A real moment in ma lyfe dog. It was so peaceful.
>>
>>24329096
Ich denke, dass du eine faggot bist, m8
>>
I don't like cigarettes, but I have a fondness for smoking cigars on long night walks. They're perfect because a single cigar can last an hour if you take your time and savour the taste. The good ones are fucking expensive though, so I only have one every few months or so.
>>
I can't even walk my favourite route anymore since cops threatened to arrest me the next time they see me lurking at night in the area. I usually walk on a bridge above a motorway because I like the breeze and lights but people always think I'm going to jump off and kill myself since I sometimes sit there for a couple hours
>>
>>24323757
I like going to the gym at 3 in the morning. The walls are those big looking glass windows that go from ceiling to floor and while I'm working out I can see out into the city. It's super comfy and feels good.
>>
>>24327706
Generally Music Has The Right To Children
or if im in a weirder mood Geogaddi (if youre willing to be a bit spooked)
>>
I really enjoy smoking a bowl, walking around aimlessly through the city around 2-4 am, then going to the beach to watch the waves and talk to myself.
Top Comfy
>>
I don't live in a city and i don't have weed or other interesting drugs so it's not worth it
>>
>>24330838
Not even when you want to clear your mind?
Get sad?
>>
just got back from my walk. went down to the local skatepark and had a couple beers while thinking about life and all that shit

as i was leaving i saw a couple of guys standing in the middle of the path who were just staring at me like a couple of weirdos
>>
>>24331034
Sounds like a cool night aside from those weirdos you saw, what kind of beer were you sipping on?
>>
File: nightwlk.png (31 KB, 1275x208) Image search: [Google]
nightwlk.png
31 KB, 1275x208
Other night walk threads are oddly poetic
>>
>>24331034
you were the weirdo to them
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 1024x768
>>24330764
You should try earlier materiel
Did you like TH
>>
>>24332286
Oh cool, yeah i haven't delved too far back in their discography, but yeah, Aphex Twin is tight too
>>
I miss night walking, robots. The university I used to attend had a nature reserve with footpaths and I loved walking around there at night. I'd usually take my best friend with me and we'd talk about anything that came to our minds. Now we live on opposite sides of town and we're always busy with work or something else.
>>
>>24323757
I don't do a whole lot of walking anymore, but I still sometimes drove around the city at 3 in the morning. It's crazy how dead the city seems, almost like the world has ended and you are one of the few survivors.
>>
>>24325433
Haruko?
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.