[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about getting on antidepressants, but skeptical of how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 440x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 440x343
Thinking about getting on antidepressants, but skeptical of how affective they are. How did it feel when the antidepressants worked for you'se guys?
>>
Antidepressants made it easier to deal with anxiety and made my depression easier to manage. They also broke my dick.
>>
>>24323444
if they worked for someone why would they still be here?
>>
whatever happens remember to do your own research, dont assume the doctors know anything about what they're prescribing you - and if they prescribe you multiple things, dont expect them to know whether or not those medications interact with eachother harmfully

ask questions, but do your own research.
>>
Heroin is the best antidepressant
>>
They'll probably work but if they don't work you could probably just tell your doctor and try different antidepressants until you get one that does work. Watch out for any side effects that might occur as well.
>>
File: 1201051191318.jpg (82 KB, 604x457) Image search: [Google]
1201051191318.jpg
82 KB, 604x457
>>24323444
>affective

They can be very effective, or they can do absolutely nothing for your mood. Or they might just put you in an in-between state where you never feel ups or downs and just walk around like a zombie on autopilot.

The only thing I can say for certain is that SSRIs will most likely kill your libido. That might not be so bad if you're a lonely introvert though.

The reason there are so many different kinds of antidepressants is that everyone has slight differences in they're body chemistry, and what helps some ends up doing shit all for others.
>>
>>24323444

I took Lexapro for about half a year and they didn't do anything for me.
>>
>made my orgasms shit
>gained lots of weight
>felt like a zombie
>made me want to kill myself even more
>>
I've read that it's basically a trail and error system if the first prescription doesn't work. Is that true? How shitty was it when you got an antidepressant that didn't help?
>>
File: 1301510624857.jpg (66 KB, 800x255) Image search: [Google]
1301510624857.jpg
66 KB, 800x255
>>24323632
>How shitty was it when you got an antidepressant that didn't help?

I've been on 7 antidepressants that either didn't help, or they had side-effects that outweighed the benefits.
It's shitty because the adjustment period and discontinuation period can really fuck you up with things like nausea, headaches, constipation, etc.
>>
>>24323685
Damn, sorry to hear that, anon. I'm just hoping it will help me be a little more outgoing and help with my social anxiety.
>>
>>24323751
tb-h you probably should go along with the medication/trials, and add therapy with it.
>>
>>24323475
i guess i dont need my dick that bad
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.