[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna move to a comfy city, where should I move to? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: VphdQxJ.jpg (738 KB, 2100x3150) Image search: [Google]
VphdQxJ.jpg
738 KB, 2100x3150
I wanna move to a comfy city, where should I move to?

I'm thinking El Paso or San Antonio
>>
>>24320368
I don't know if I want to move to southwestern Oregon or Arizona. Oregon's beautiful and coastal, Arizona's pretty much always warm and probably one of the most redpilled (and redneck) states in the Union -- and is free of a blight like Portland.
>>
>>24320368
You may like upstate NY
>>
>>24320602

Nah, I'll probably get taxed to death there
>>
>>24320435
Arizona fucking sucks

Sedona is pretty cool tho
>>
Move to The Plains, Virginia. Population: 200.
>>
File: 1376793347585.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1376793347585.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1280
Don't move to Seattle we have enough people as it is
>>
>>24320435
AZ is pretty based.

Grew up there.

Phx is pretty big, but go north like flagstaff and its pretty comfy.

Is hot as shit for a few months though, if you're in the valley.

What makes you think its redpilled; SB1070?
>>
Texas is great but El Paso is basically a Mexican city. And I don't mean it's majority Mexican. I mean Mexican as in the country. Spanish is the primary language and outside of the army base its all Mexican. They even trade pesos next to dollars in most small stores.

San Antonio is a little better. It's mostly Mexican but it runs on the same principles and regulations as other Texas cities.

East Texas is a best trees and weather wise but the dfw and wacky Waco are California level expensive which means small trailer park towns are all you have.
>>
>>24321039

I heard El Paso was a rich city?

& how is waco cali-expensive?
>>
>>24321166
Waco isn't Cali expensive, it's actually really cheap
>>
>>24321214

was responsding to this guy
>>24321039
>>
If you want TX, go for Lubbock or New Braunfels.
>>
>>24321894
or hell even Midland. it's no longer in an oil boom, but the city is still doing well. Majority whites too, if you care about that sort of thing.
>>
>>24321894
>>24321962

out of the 3, i think Lubbock looks the most decent, NB looks like a touristy area and Midland is oil or bust
>>
Lived in El Paso for 5 years, couldn't stand it. Moved to San Antonio almost two years ago. Very nice, huge upgrade from El Paso. Has more to offer, including cedar/mold allergies. Still, I'll take a sinus migraine over El Paso any day.
>>
>>24320999
Not a city, that's a few big buildings in the middle of a suburb
Grew up around New York, you don't know what it's like to see other cities, it's weird
>>
>>24322263

Pros/cons of El Paso? for some reason, Im infatuated with the city
>>
>>24322406

Pros: Transmountain Rd has a couple picnic areas high on the mountain, one on the east side (sunrise view) & one of the west side (sunset view). Used to park my truck on the west side and watch the sun set after work. Gorgeous view, great place to take a date or just contemplate. Also good place if you ride a motorcycle, plenty of road and scenery for some good rides.

Cons: Very closed community, you need to know someone there to make friends. Otherwise, good luck. Also, dust allergies and not a very good job market. Also, very rude mexicans everywhere. Act like they have a huge nacho cheese chip on their shoulder.

I don't know why my father loves living there so much, but he does. I'll be visiting him for Xmas this year, at least Christmas looks nice in his neighborhood.
>>
File: Toronto.jpg (670 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Toronto.jpg
670 KB, 1920x1080
>>24320368
As someone who grew up in San Antonio but no longer lives there and has only been to El Paso once, I can tell you without a doubt, between those two option, definitely chose fucking San Antonio. You'll be bored as fuck in El Paso. SATX is also only 1.5 hrs from Austin, 3 hours from Houston, and has a fucking Sea World. Maybe you don't like sharks and penguins as much as I do though.
>>
>>24321962
>>24322164

Midlandfag here. Despite what anyone tells you, Midland is god-tier.
>>
This >>24322644 a thousand times. Had more fun here in San Antonio in six months than I did 5 years in El Paso.
>>
>>24322692

So what's Midland like? Aside from being an oil town?
>>
>>24320928
>Arizona fucking sucks
Why do you say that?
I live in Nevada now, it's basically a slightly colder AZ as far as climate and probably culture too.
>>24321010
>What makes you think its redpilled
They're commonly hailed by liberals as one of the most racist/backwards states in the Union (once everyone stops meme-ing about Texas being the most redneck state, top lel), which translated into normal human speech means they're not fucking retarded. SB1070 is definitely a large part of it; they're also (last I heard) one of the few states not taking in Syrian refugees. Oregon is actually very similar culturally, outside Portland, but there's still Portland.

If I moved to AZ it'd only be short-term, I'd never want to retire there. If I moved to OR it would be with the intent of never leaving, although jobs from what I hear are harder to come by up there for blue-collar guys. OR's not particularly "redpilled," but it doesn't have much need to be; with no immigration or large basketball populations, their main SJW cries are the Portland hipsters yelling hashtags and whining about destroying capitalism in between sips of their Starbucks. Not like Ferguson, where SJW cries for riots actually lead to riots.

My main worry about Oregon is that it'll become the new California when California gets too overcrowded, it hasn't been sitting on a border long enough for a public sanity about controlled immigration/crime prevention to develop.

But maybe my tinfoil hat's just on a bit tight tonight.
>>
>>24323290
Continued,
To contribute to the Texas-related discussions everyone seems to be holding, I lived in Dallas and Houston and both those places are overpriced crime-ridden fuckfests where you need to be at least upper-middle-class to live a comfortable (read: never carjacked or mugged) life, and even then you'll learn to fall asleep to the sound of sirens and gunshots every night. There's no way to escape the suburbs, I can drive two hours outside Dallas going 85 on the freeway and (depending on which direction I'm headed) not see undeveloped land. It's like living on Coruscant, it feels like the entire planet is just one giant city.

Some people like that, I don't, especially with no coast. I feel trapped, can't explain it, but it feels wrong.
>>
>>24323372

I've considered Houston but its too niggerish, but I've heard Dallas is more affluent?
>>
To the top, don't wanna get muted
>>
>>24321166
> El Paso
>Rich

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
How are the black people in San Antonio? Are they as thuggish there as Dallas and Houston?
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (138 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
138 KB, 768x1024
>>24323936
>black people in San Antonio
>>
San Antonio isn't comfy it's literally nothing but fat mexicans. As a Texan I cant really think of a city id call comfy.
>>
>>24324032

Houston is comfy, just don't go to the ghetto parts, like the SW
>>
>>24320655
I live in buffalo. The red city of the east.
>>
>>24323975
Are all the blacks moving to Houston?
>>
>>24320655

>live in texas
>pay some of the highest property taxes and insurance in the country
>my water bill is retarded

Yea, it is fan-fucking-tastic here. Get to live in a desert with nothing but shopping, whew, what a life.
>>
>>24320368

Both those places suck ass, white trash/beaner shitholes. Enjoy your taste of mexico.
>>
>>24320368
>San Antonio
I've had to visit various places there and I don't care to explain why but I promised myself I would never go back

also they created a web of nightmares with their roads
>>
>>24324182

>Live in SF
>Literally live in a shithole
>>
>>24324255

>still have a coast to go to that isn't 450 miles away and isn't dirty and smelly
>lives in cali anyway, a well known shitfactory

Move somewhere that doesn't suck, I am working on it once all the cali faggots push my property values through the roof and I can leave.
>>
>>24324297
What good is a coastline for most robots?
>>
>>24324361

Still at the very least get fresh seafood.
>>
>>24324411
Texas has a coastline......
>>
>>24324432

And it blows and it is about 450 miles away from me. Gulf seafood is repulsive. I could live in Houston, a polluted shithole filled with crime or I could live in corpus christi, an area with no actual economy outside of spring break.
>>
>>24324481

Or live in a Houston suburb
>>
>>24323559
There's definitely money in Dallas, but thanks to zoning politics it feels weird. Dallas has a lot more liberals than the #Texas memes would have you believe, so every time a new line is drawn someone says it's racist, also there's a heavy trend to draw zoning lines for political reasons.
>Draw a shit ton of 55% red/45% blue districts and a handful of 100% blues, suddenly you've got an overwhelming red majority when realisically it's more like a 65/35 split
There are no high-class regions, for that reason; you'll see million-dollar mansions two blocks from welfare projects. Gated communities are a huge thing, essentially every apartment complex has a locked gate with guards on staff, almost every affluent neighborhood does as well.

Tl;dr unless you make 150k minimum or live a couple hours outside city limits, you'll probably think Dallas is 'niggerish' too. I still don't know how I was never stabbed or carjacked there.
>>
>>24324538

You mean the shopping mall that is the woodlands? Wooo, the fun. You can wander around the mall, drive, drive some more. Can wander around flat areas with brush and dead grass. The excitement really was non-stop when I lived there. I loved walking to the store and having to shower immediately after cause I was covered in soot.

I guess I could live in some of the other hillbilly areas then drive 2 hours to get to work, exciting. Of course the perpetual construction will help out that drive, the constant towtruck mafia that gets to every wreck before the cops.

Also the delightful cops that drive drunk, beat hobos and shit, all the used tire and wheel stores. What a fantastic place it is.
>>
>>24324603

This is why we all live in Plano/Frisco area, no one seriously lives in Dallas except the homos, trash and some old money.
>>
>>24324361
I'm the Oregon fetishizer, I think it's a beautiful coast, very /comfy/ and essentially zero basketball Americans.
>what good
It's contemplative, there's a serene peace I feel when I'm looking out from those shores. I'd counter by asking what good is a coast for normies? After all, parties and bars exist wherever there are people, not just by the coast.

>>24324432
The Texas coast is a joke, unless you want free oil. You've gotta clean it off the seagulls and then refine it yourself, though.

>>24324538
>suburb
I'd rather kill myself.
I lived in a suburb once and wanted to kill myself.
I don't feel like a human in a suburb. I feel like livestock, or like I'm living in an airport terminal just waiting for my connecting flight, except that flight will never come.
>>
>>24324628
Plano's nice, a bit boring though. I hate flatlands to begin with, though, so that's a heavy part of it.

There are homos in Texas? I thought the LGBT movement in Texas was just barely more powerful than in Saudi Arabia.

Definitely a lot of old money in Dallas, which I never understood; if you've got that much damn money, why would you live in such a despicable city?
>>
>>24324716

Everything in this shitty state is boring. It is flat, everything is fucking dead, the weather sucks, the people are awful. Mix that with the lack of any real culture other than the shopping/eating out culture and you get california basically, that is why they love it here. Get all the joys of shitty cali for way less money.
>>
>>24324757

Always heard Texans were nice
>>
>>24324716

The old money stays in dallas cause it is the only place where they can actually have fucking land, a few trees and a decent house. The rest of it is all tiny lots with mass produced mcmansions.

>>24324778

Like most southern people, they are fake nice. They put on a smile and pretend to like you, but they are generally horrid most of the time. You will meet a few that are genuine, but rare. Toss on their constant need to one up everyone at any social meeting and it is just tiring. Imagine any person from california you have ever met, basically that.

Much prefer someone from the NE, at least if they don't like you, you will know and generally they are nice and genuine once you get past the rough exterior.
>>
>>24320368
>I'm thinking El Paso or San Antonio
are you a beaner
>>
File: slcskyline.jpg (101 KB, 900x363) Image search: [Google]
slcskyline.jpg
101 KB, 900x363
SLC is pretty comfy and one of the few places in the state where you won't feel like an outsider for being mormon.
>>
>>24324829
No, heard el paso is rich & SA is the 7th largest city in the US but not overrun with basketballs
>>
>>24320368
I want to move to San Antonio. Apparently it's not a desert full of rednecks like the rest of Texas is and it's not expensive to live in. Also there is no snow
>>
File: thisguy.jpg (61 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
thisguy.jpg
61 KB, 680x510
>>24324850

Ha, go ahead and head down there and see.
>>
>>24324847
I went there and felt like I had nothing to do. Was there in the winter and I can confirm it was maximum comfy mode.
>>
>>24324716
>There are homos in Texas?

San Antonio has a large homo community for some reason. Down on Main Street near downtown across the college, there's like a strip of gay clubs and restaurant. Never go there on a weekend night unless you want to be harassed by trannies and queers.
>>
>>24320368
If you have money I'd live in Ojai or Santa Barbara. I live in San Luis Obispo and it's still voted as the happiest town on Earth. But if you want quality here in Cali, and not some creepy shit hole, you'll need some money.
>>
>>24324847
*for not being mormon
>>
>>24324757
Cali's actually nice, the people just suck and everything's expensive. Beautiful coast, beautiful mountains, wonderful climate, unfortunately the people and the expense.
Plus it's practically Communist, interesting how radically different Arizona's and Cali's reactions to illegal/harmful immigration are.
>>
>>24324827
>mass produced mcmansions
I know a couple guys in those horrid ~3000sf suburban cringepits. I've always idealized something closer to 800sf on a ridiculous amount of land, so it's almost painful to visit places like that. Tastes like defeat and corporate obedience to me.

>>24324847
Don't they have ridiculous alcohol regulations? What's so /comfy/ about a cold high inland city like that?

>>24324945
>near downtown across the college, there's like a strip of gay clubs and restaurant. Never go there on a weekend night unless you want to be harassed by trannies and queers.
Sounds fascinating. I'd probably love it, sometimes I forget that I actually have no problem with most actual gays and queers, just the teenagers who claim to "support" them on the internet and on college campuses.
>>
>>24324847
Just moved here. Love it so far
>>
>>24324827
>most southern people
>fake nice
>They put on a smile and pretend to like you, but they are generally horrid most of the time.

so fucking true

i've lived in tennessee my whole life. but i didn't see that stuff until i was about 19-20. everyone seemed nice enough while i was growing up, so i never understood that stereotype.

but then i realized that was because i was only acquaintances with most of those people (my two dude friends were cool though.) once facebook really took off, i started seeing how much drama people had among one another. especially among people who were supposedly "christians."

the south is aggressively ignorant. sometimes, it's a put-on - you'll see a dude in a belt buckle, driving a lifted truck, and think "oh boy here we go." but then you find out he's into the beatles or louis ck or some other "librul" shit. but the opposite is true too, and is the most disgusting and creepy to me - men and women who are college-educated and pretend to be moderate, but who are 100% serious about the bible, who are 100% serious about genocide/capitalism/"nation building" by the US, and who are complete pieces of shit to their peers and even their own families, all with a smile on their face. they may even invite you down to the church this sunday, neighbor!

it's what happens when you have a bunch of autistic, groupthink betas and a few alphas who just want power, and they all get women to marry them and procreate, and pass on their bullshit morals. the fact that people still propagate the divinity of jesus and of the bible in this country is fucking horrifying. it's fun and cliche to make fun of, but it really is.
>>
File: 1435959050436.jpg (29 KB, 297x297) Image search: [Google]
1435959050436.jpg
29 KB, 297x297
>>24320368
>those legs
>those pumps

based.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.