[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else just think about death sometimes for the past 3 days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: ibtimes.jpg (66 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ibtimes.jpg
66 KB, 600x450
Anyone else just think about death sometimes for the past 3 days I've had in my head what if their is nothing after death what if it's like before you are born for an eternity that scares me and I can't stop thinking about it.
>>
>>24318734
>babbie realizes that there is no afterlife, heaven or hell, just sheer emptiness
Now comes the usual "existential crisis".
>>
Strange how we have come very far as a civilization yet we do not know what happens after death.
>>
>>24318734
You should ask on reddit.com I'm sure they will help you :^)
>>
>life
>90% bad times 10% good times
>death
>0% bad times 0% good times
Death seems like a sweeter deal to me
>>
>>24318884
I truly hope there is something I sit here thinking about it all day how my grandpa, how people are dying everyday and just becoming nothing I can't help it I wish it would go away.
>>
>>24318885
Everything is meme with faggots like you you've probably been browsing 4chan for a month at best. .
>>
>>24318884
Hmm, I tip my hat to you sir. Truly an intellectual remark on our society. Perhaps you should find out what happens after death and report back, fellow redditor? :)
>>
its the ultimate justice.
>>
>>24318734

It does seem disturbing at first. Come to terms with it now, and you'll be at an advantage compared to most people.

Keep in mind there won't even be a 'you' to care. I'm perfectly fine with being dead, but I do have a twinge of regret not experiencing all the cool shit to come.

Christopher Hitchens wrote a book about dying, as he slowly died from terminal cancer. Worth a read.
>>
>>24318915
>implying you aren't just reborn as yourself again when time loops back around
Or maybe you live your entire life backwards, then once you reach your birth you live it forwards again, over and over forever
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 640x960
>>24318734
>tfw when I'm Mark Twain
>>
>Pristine lighting
Check
>Viable ground for life to grow
Check
>Decent gravity and atmosphere
Check

Something tells me that religion has it partially correct, where Earth (or anything that resembles it) will always have life on it.

Give enough time, and you'll have more sentient butt-scratchers pondering their existence.

Also, to think that in this supposed "eternal" slumber you were once in is going to happen again(death); that's not consistent thinking.

If anything, you should find it disturbing that you could potentially be born anew as a narrow-minded shitskin Allah praiser.

*fedora tip*
>>
>>24318734
The whole thought of afterlives and realms beyond after death are delusions resulting from fear of the idea of your ego not existing.

If those ideas hold any truth then there's the problem of your soul dying from spending an eternity in whatever realm you come up with, eventually driving you insane.
>>
>>24318734
I continually think about it. Sometimes I actively find the absolute best way to kill my self, not because I want to, but to improve my "disaster recovery plans".

Right now my preferred method is exposure. Sub-zero temps at night will ensure death no way to fuck it up. All I have to do is not get found.

Sure it's scary that there is the possibly nothing after death, but if you are in a position where death is the way out, fear shouldn't hold you back.
>>
Mind is self-aware and therefore eternal. Its impossible for something that is only capable of detecting its own existence to comprehend non-existence. Once you die, the possiblities for speculation are limitless, but its safe to say that your consciousness (from your own perspective) will go on. Maybe the universe lived and died 10000000000000000000000000 times and finally the same molecule arrangement as your brain happened, but for you only a moment passed. Maybe you instantly wake up in one of the infinite worlds of multiverse, maybe weird alien race created a computer that simulates every state of information ever, maybe you just exist as weird puff of quantum smoke. But you will exist, nothing can really undo your self-awareness.
And trillion universal cycles later, you still won't have a gf.
>>
File: 1434919543657.jpg (61 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1434919543657.jpg
61 KB, 633x758
>>24318734
That slushie looks so fucking delicious.
>>
>>24319059
>If anything, you should find it disturbing that you could potentially be born anew as a narrow-minded shitskin Allah praiser.
Muslims are the only people actuallying rekking normshits

back to /facebook/
>>
>>24319153
>The whole thought of afterlives and realms beyond after death are delusions resulting from fear of the idea of your ego not existing.
patently false. Or else, concepts like hell would not have been ideated in the first place
>>
>>24319410
No you can, it's like falling asleep, you never remember falling asleep, but you did. Then morning is like birth.
>>
>>24319598
We are only aware about falling asleep after we wake up. If we slept for a million years instead of 7 hours, it wouldn't make a difference
>>
File: 1383605062715.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1383605062715.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
>rare occasion that I'm lying in bed not passed/passing out
>some thought comes into my mind which is vaguely related to death
>immediately start thinking about not being able to perceive anything and can't breath
I don't want to die desu, or I at least want to die fast enough that I never see it coming.
>>
>>24319709
Don't worry anon, your death will be the most beautiful thing you will ever experience
>>
>>24319514
>see people believing in bullshit
>seize opportunity and tell them if they don't believe in bullshit and do what you say they will go to the exact opposite of the bullshit paradise they believe in
>>
File: Astro.jpg (131 KB, 920x575) Image search: [Google]
Astro.jpg
131 KB, 920x575
>>24318734
I think about it all day, everyday, and have been for nearly three years now. It's scary to think about when you imagine not existing. Recently, I've been watching a shit ton of Alan Watts, trying to make myself feel better.

This video addresses these thoughts directly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrCYPxD0I

Kind of makes sense, I guess.
>>
I think everyone think about death sometimes bc its really beautiful.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.