[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zoloft?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: zoloft2.jpg (29 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
zoloft2.jpg
29 KB, 400x267
Anybody on this stuff? After ten years of depression I decided to put my stubbornness aside and see a doctor. It was either that or anhero and it really wasn't an easy thing for me. Anyways, I got prescribed this stuff but I have yet to pick up my prescription. I'm curious if any of you have used it and what are your thoughts on it. I don't have high hopes but I don't really have any other options right now besides anhero.
>>
Currently using it, I don't mind it.

Imagine, if you will, that you having soaring highs and dismal lows, and there doesn't ever seem to be a period in the middle that you can enjoy. One minute you're feeling alright, then the next I'm angry, down, anxious, etc.

I started taking Zoloft and now I feel more... level. It's harder to get excited, but I also don't feel like shit all the time.
>>
>>24316885
I never get excited anyways, that doesn't sound terrible.
>>
>>24316754
I think by now people should know better than to take any SSRI's as they don't even work that well for what they are intended to do. But what do we know about Welbutrin?
>>
>>24316754
Get into therapy. Drugs alone aren't that good. It's worth it, senpai.
>>
>>24317149
In the process anon. It's pretty hard to find a male therapist let alone one that accepts my insurance. I'll find one though.
>>
>>24316754
I swear this stuff stunted me emotionally and gave me visual static
>>
>>24316754
Terrible when I took it as a kid, although was given 3x the dosage and ballooned up like a fatty. Stopped taking it and lost weight, became happier through therapy
>>
>>24316754
I don't use it down, but I was on it in the past. Didn't have any real noticeable effect on my emotional state - I still had that "absolutely nothing seems interesting or fun" depression. It also made me horribly sleepy. That's saying something since I could already sleep twelve hours a day without it.
>>
>>24316754
I fuCKINg hate zoloft
it zombifies you, sometimes you'll still even be depressed while taking it
it makes depression worse if you do get depressed while on it

but it's the cheapest and most common antidepressant and your insurance company won't cover more expensive drugs until you've been on this for a couple months and it didn't work.
>>
>>24317605
Also if SSRIs don't help you, you're up shit creek, because most shrinks won't prescribe anything else for depression or anxiety disorders.
>>
I can't speak for everyone, but here's what I experienced on sertraline (generic Zoloft)

Physically
>erectile dysfunction, literally 3x the effort to maintain half mast and it wouldn't last
>anorgasmia, couldn't cum no matter hard I tried
>agonizing heartburn if I didn't eat anything with it
>higher energy levels

Mentally
>massive brain fog, couldn't think clearly most of the time
>emotional blunting, fewer lows, almost no highs (can be a good thing if you're suicidal)
>forgetting to take it for a single day caused suicidal thoughts to return with even greater intensity
>random brain zaps, felt like electrical shocks inside my head

That's just me though. I'm on Wellbutrin now and its 100 times better imo
>>
>>24316754
Hey I took that stuff. Don't mean to dissuade you but I personally had a bad experience with it.

>Very long story short, parents find out I bought a gun and I fessed up that I wanted to an hero.
>Was a very rough conversation with the parents. Probably the worst single thing of my life.
>They make me see a Psychologist/Some Other Doctor
>"I diagnose you as depressed."
>Zoloft
>Feel nothing for a week
>Feel... slightly numb after a week. And your sex drive plummets to zero.
>Be horny and want to masturbate
>Try to masturbate
>Impossible to get off. Very frustrating sexually/ungratifying
>Dislike the vague cloud of numness that Zoloft gave me. I want to feel, damn it.
>Quit cold turkey
>Parents find out half a year later/are pissed and surprised I quit it cold turkey without being a wreck.
>Quitting cold turkey just made me very dizzy for a solid week.
>Eventually move on in my life, get /fit/, and am now working on a buisness degree.

I'm just saying, whatever it is that's holding you down, these pills aren't magic pills that make it all go away. In my case, I knew I couldn't kill myself because my parents would be too devistaed and it took a year and a half to two years of living like a robot zombie to... decide that it's time to move on with my life, seeing as suicide is absolutely not an option due to parents.
>>
>>24316754
this stuff just fucked my shit up

SSRI's: Not even once.
>>
>>24317918
Oh yeah. I'm >>24318054 and that's so fucking right, how could I forget about the brain zaps! They were fucking awful! Damn. I hated that brain haze feeling too man.
>>
File: 1447548457887.jpg (42 KB, 640x333) Image search: [Google]
1447548457887.jpg
42 KB, 640x333
>>24316885
Damn, that sounds pretty nice. I get excited too easily so that would be perfect. Maybe I'd start eating better instead of getting so excited about buying myself ice cream or a burger.
>>
>>24317918
I already have brain fog without using the stuff. It sounds like I'm pretty much hopeless then. Just fuck my life up pham.
>>
>>24318139
if I had any highs I'd probably like leveling-out too. When you have few or none you just remain feeling pretty down all the time on it, it seems
>>
>>24318336
Yeah, the only thing that lifts me up from my spirits is the reward of drinking a milk shake or eating a sandwich. I eat good, lazy food to make myself happy. I'm not even fat. Then, after I eat, I just feel shitty again until I can eat again. I'm going to start actually taking my prescribed zoloft now.
>>
I took it for a couple of months. I felt a bit numb and out of it. I was also incredibly tired on it, sleeping for 14 hours a day rather than the usual 8 and lacking energy in the hours I was awake.

It didn't prevent me from orgasming, but it did take longer to get there.

In the end I felt no happier and didn't enjoy the brain fog, so I tapered off it. I had brain zaps for a week or so after coming off it.

I've been really depressed again recently so my GP prescribed me Mirtazapine. I took one 15mg pill and it really fucked me up for the day. Nasty experience.

Fuck anti-depressants to be honest.
>>
I got Escilatopram (Lexapro, Cipralex) today and I don't understand why.
Sertraline helped me when I was younger and depressed but currently I don't even have that problem atm.
Does anyone have any experience with it? Can you study on it? I already have a pretty bad brain fog/sleepiness problem.
>>
How quick would you get a prescription after going to a doctor? (In Europe)
>>
>>24319019
I don't know in Europe but in America I got it my first day. I did send emails back and forth with my doctor before I visited as I was at the verge of suicide. I broke down while seeing him and could hardly talk the whole time so I think he knew shit was serious. I still think if you doctor shop you could get it easy but I originally chose this doctor because he was hesitant to prescribe drugs immediately.
>>
>>24316754
I've been on the big Z for three years now, and its the only thing that has ever worked for me. But keep in mind in doesn't kick in right away, it will take a few days (took me 7) to start to kick in. (In most cases). You will probably feel it much sooner than I did. Anyways, that other anon was pretty spot on saying that there are mood swings at first, but everything levels out
>>
>>24319019
I can't imagine they'd be much more hesitant to prescribe them in Yurop than they are in Burgonia. Docs love SSRIs because there's no way they can get you high (and as such they have no recreational use or street value) and they're safe (it's nearly impossible to OD, even if you're trying to. If you stop suddenly instead of tapering like you're supposed to, you won't be hurt, you'll just feel like shit) There are also many of them that are out of patent and available as generics for almost no money, which both Burgers and your socialized heathcare systems really like.
>>
>>24319019

In the UK, I'm generally prescribed them immediately. Only once was I refused them because he had me do some kind of paper test and I didn't score high enough on the "depression score", which pissed me off since I entirely hated life at that time.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.