[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do engineers get so much hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: Wj8nMP2.png (283 KB, 714x574) Image search: [Google]
Wj8nMP2.png
283 KB, 714x574
Why do engineers get so much hate?
>>
>>24314339
Because they make shit loads of money and have no social skills so it enrages normies. Normies want all the highest paying jobs to require nothing but social skills.
>>
>>24314339
My guess would be because a lot of betas, having not a lot else to be proud of, took a great deal of pride in being an engineer. This became condescension and the people naturally hit back.
>>
>>24314368
This, and engineers are typical smart people. Not idiots with bullshit degrees claiming to be smart.
>>
File: bik5d.jpg (50 KB, 490x326) Image search: [Google]
bik5d.jpg
50 KB, 490x326
because they're generally dicks who think they know more than everyone about everything. Working with engineers is always a headache (I have to every single day), I think I've met one engineer in my entire adult life that wasn't a total doorknob and could actually admit when he was wrong, or admit he didn't know as much about something as someone else.

pic related is basically engineers in a nutshell, although the picture I posted is specifically referring to civil engineers I think, mechanical, electrical, geotechs, etc are all the same
>>
>>24314339
They're smug assholes.
>>
File: b4udie.gif (37 KB, 468x477) Image search: [Google]
b4udie.gif
37 KB, 468x477
>>24314460
>They're smug assholes.

This is my reason for hating them. Every single one I've met is like this. In Comp. Sci, we help each other out and treat people like human beings.
Engineers refuse to help anyone they see as competition. It's almost like being in law school.
>>
what about audio engineers?
>>
>>24314552
Basically a humanities degree, not a real engineer (which if you ask me is way better, but whatever)
>>
File: 1370663400876.png (205 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1370663400876.png
205 KB, 500x280
>>24314339
Because everyone gets hate but for some reason they're the only ones that make a big deal out of it
>>
>>24314419
>>24314460
>>24314507
normies gtfo
>>
File: 1447433856713.jpg (390 KB, 1024x1068) Image search: [Google]
1447433856713.jpg
390 KB, 1024x1068
Hey guys what should I strive to do as a career? What degree will guaruntee I actually do something with my life and get a job instead of ending up wage slaving
I'm thinking about becoming one of those people who works in solitude inside of the airport control towers or maybe a nurse
>>
>>24314507
>taking informatics engineering master courses
>the software engineering oriented people are total cunts most of the time
>the comp sci guys are socially awkward as fuck, but generally nice guys when you get to break the ice

I can attest to this. I've only met one individual from the comp sci branch that was kind of a dick, and even he didn't exhibit the dickbaggery of the average engineering student/teacher.
>>
because anything non engineering is nigger tier trash and a waste of time and resources. humanities, commerce and science majors make me sick to my very stomach. they are the niggers of college and literally being in their presence makes me physically ill
>>
>>24314339
They don't get hate. Nobody hates someone just because of his choice of major- this is retarded.

It's just a bunch of autistic engineers started roleplaying this whole STEM vs LibArt bullshit. I don't know why they'd do that other than plain old autismo. And, sure, some /lit/ fags picked it up and now people actually believe there's a conflict out there between computer nerds and book nerds.

I don't think engineers are smug, at least not in comparison to equally smug lib art students. I just think those unironically perpetuating this conflict are autistic.
>>
They make tons of money, have one of the toughest majors in college, they typically have little social skills, and they're usually intelligent. Also a lot of engineers are quick to put down people who aren't in STEM.

I think it's mostly jealousy and just the smugness just adds to it.
>>
>>24314657
>because anything non engineering is nigger tier trash and a waste of time and resources. humanities, commerce and science majors make me sick to my very stomach. they are the niggers of college and literally being in their presence makes me physically ill>>
this is why people hate you cunts
>>
File: 1447301641903.jpg (41 KB, 566x960) Image search: [Google]
1447301641903.jpg
41 KB, 566x960
>>24314642
>tfw the most "douchebaggy" comp sci person I have met just layers everything in sarcasm and talking about fucking nerds when he is a nerd (no suprises there). He is a total fucking bro
t. I study math and do a bit of comp sci on the side
t.t. Math people are quite pleasant but not as fun as comp. sci. people
>>
Superiority complex. I don't know who told skinny fat dork engineers that simply being an engineer means you are smarter than everyone else on planet earth no matter what context.

They see the high incomes earned by engineering majors and think this is inherently related to their brainpower and not a function of fucking basic economic supply and demand.

As soon as they are outclassed in any area they aim to devalue that specific area to maintain their complex.
>>
>>24314631
get a welding degree
>>
>>24314339
I had a Normie Nerd of a friend who studies Civil Engineering at UCT.
He is smart but he has a gf that he ploughs.
He was always a dual medium. Played first team chess but also played first team rugby as well. In all the high set maths and science groups , but is kinda a weirdo sometimes.
I really don't know how he got a gf. I think she is bit of a slut though and she is also just dating him for his money too.
>>
File: 1397460073014.png (93 KB, 418x392) Image search: [Google]
1397460073014.png
93 KB, 418x392
>>24314856

>UCT
>Fuck you
>Fuck the normies who teach there
>Fuck the normies who went there
>Fuck all the Tyrones and Chads MONOPOLISING women
>Fuck you and die

Fucking cunt get off this board mentioning that shithole.
>>
Engineers make my job harder because their autism brains prevent them from thinking outside of such narrow parameters that any project that depends on them will inevitably be fucked up and miss the point while still technically meeting all laid out specifications. Fuck engineers Please Stop entering into positions that allow you to make decisions. They will also argue to your face that they know better about your area of expertise even when they can't define the terms they are arguing over. It's every idiot 7 year old boy who thought he was smarter than everyone else who joined a club for like minded individuals.
>>
>>24314339
Don't you relize how little you have in common with the girl you just posted?
>>
They are useless and end up straight on the unemployment list.
>>
>>24314996
I guess your stressed because no one loves you eh ?

Also i said
>I had a Normie Nerd of a friend who studies Civil Engineering at UCT.

Learn to read fag , or did you get in on a bursary
>>
>>24314339
We make good money for little work and relatively easy schooling.
>>
File: 1446783813239.jpg (30 KB, 696x720) Image search: [Google]
1446783813239.jpg
30 KB, 696x720
>>24315036
I'm not an engineer.
>>
>>24315059
>good money
>little work
>easy schooling

Fucker, I want to know what engineering branch you're in, because that's the polar opposite of mine.
>>
engineers are c u c k s who're fated to be beta-providers psml lmao
>>
>>24314843
What if he doesn't want to die of 23 different types of cancer at 30?
>>
>>24314419
because he is more educated than you and you know it. why dont you just shut up and do what he says
>>
Every Engineer I've met was Chad D. Thundercock.
>>
Sometimes when you're obsessively into something, as is typical with STEMfags, you start to subconsciously hate or think lesser of anyone who doesn't share your passion/massive erection for your chosen subject, because you like whatever you're doing so much.

Like how if you're into gaming, anyone who is a casual or mobile gamer who plays only Candy Crush and claims to be a gamer is a fucking filthy casual. If you're an audiophile, anyone with a setup less advanced than yours and is satisfied with it is deaf. Same goes for science and engineering.

Another thing is, on a pragmatic level, STEM majors are simply superior to liberal arts majors as in their degree is an actual qualification that allows them to get employment relatively easily. Liberal arts majors offer the thrill of ease and spare time to have a social life and party and whatever. Science majors offer the thrill of overcoming difficult classes, discovering and making things on your own, essentially the experience of being the biggest geek ever, all while being rewarded for it at the end - that's something you can take pride in. Hence lots of people do.

All liberal arts majors seem to do on the other hand, is give bad press whenever they do retarded shit like Black Lives Matter or some other SJW protest, or by being responsible for the student debt loan bubble. Essentially they're responsible for feminism and woman hate threads on /r9k/, which irks a certain demographic of people that includes STEM majors.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.