[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do normies have such shit taste in movies /r9k/? >normie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: hmm.png (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
5 KB, 225x225
why do normies have such shit taste in movies /r9k/?

>normie tells me he thinks star wars episode three was the best movie out of the whole series
>stacy tells me that jurassic world made her cry, but she thought that mad max was boring
>>
>>24314088
because they are lower life forms
>>
Because NEETs with superior tastes are killing themselves for some reason.
>>
>starshit
>hollywood flicks
>Literally reddit: the movie

You don't appear to have much better taste yourself friend
>>
>>24314088
Star Wars episode 3 is really good, at least better than 1&2. I can't really say if it's better than 456 because I didn't grow up watching them, so the nostalgia factor doesn't apply.
>>
>>24314088
Because normies can't appreciate art if it doesn't pander to romcom shit or not related to their casual normalfag lifestyle.
>>
>>24314088

>actually caring about fucking movies

Get off the board, normie
>>
>>24314088
everybody has shit taste
me you, normies and frogs alike

we are all shit, just deal with it bub
>>
I'm an obsessive cinnefile and far from a normie, and I thought Mad Max was boring as shit.
>>
>>24314088
>tfw have mostly watched indie tier shit this year.
>>
File: 1446995337310.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1446995337310.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>norman asks what is my favourite movie
>it's taxi driver
>if I tell they might think it's that pleb french 'comedy' or have heard of it and think I am weirdo
>>
>tfw too adhd to watch movies
fucking normies reeeeee
>>
At least nowadays I think they are exclusively meant for normies and their retarded children.

Its not like there will be another Godfather or Schindler's list. Not saying they are the best movies of all time but People arent interested in shit that makes them think they just want to see fart jokes, half naked women and explosions for 1 hour 20 minutes.
>>
>>24314088
>roommate at uni ask me for some good movie
>check out big lebowski I say
>tfw he did not even finished that movie because it was "boring"
>>
>>24314088
Star Wars as a whole is an overrated piece of shit. Decent for the time I guess, but it has about as much worth as something like The Avengers.
>>
>>24314384
good movie. but you need a good taste to enjoy it. but same goes for pretty much for any pre 80s/90s movie, normies aren't able to appreciate all the build up that makes those movies masterpiece.
I mean for instance the deer hunter, normie will tell you that first hour of the movie was waste of his time or that only good thing about scarface is ending...
>>
>>24314862
omg I hate people for this

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!

so thats the only fucking part you remember, nothing about the dialouge, the risks he took his downfall all of that means shit.

>WHEN HE PULLED OUT THE MACHINE AND KILL EVERYONE HE DIDNT EVEN DIE WHEN THEY SHOOT HIM BECAUSE COCAINE!!! XDDDD
>>
>>24314767
It's overrated, sure, but don't lump it together with reddit: the movie. It was a well delivered space adventure movie which blended various different tropes together in a neat way with interesting and likable characters. It's no work of art but it wasn't just a dumb super hero movie with explosions, paper thin characters and cringe inducing humor.
Star wars is what an action movie should be, not too complicated but it should still make an effort to make you care about the characters and tell an interesting story instead of shoving sex scenes and explosions down your audience's throat.
>>
File: MOONRISE600x333.jpg (255 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
MOONRISE600x333.jpg
255 KB, 600x333
>mfw normies think wes anderson films are boring
>>
File: oldboy.gif (997 KB, 500x231) Image search: [Google]
oldboy.gif
997 KB, 500x231
>mfw hollywood oldboy is better
>>
>>24314088
they're too busy having sex and working to actually enjoy anything else
I feel bad for them, if anything
>>
File: 1422234370387.jpg (11 KB, 281x266) Image search: [Google]
1422234370387.jpg
11 KB, 281x266
>>24315454
>mfw you enjoy the movies of wes anderson
>>
File: 1266226446984.jpg (300 KB, 580x731) Image search: [Google]
1266226446984.jpg
300 KB, 580x731
>watching deleted scenes from Revenge of the Sith on the tube
>the stuff they cut out is actually better than the crap they left in

Jesus, how fucking insane is George Lucas?

https://youtu.be/C-hFh35U3go
>dat scene were Grevious murders the captured Jedi and it's exposed that they were on a rescue mission

Fucking seriously, without that scene, the whole opening sequence of ROTS makes no sense. We're introduced to this new villain called "Grevious" (fucking stupid as well) with no backstory as to why he's so feared and why they need to risk 1000s of lives to capture/kill him. That one scene explains everything and they cut it out!
>>
>>24316167
Literally the worst acting I've ever seen. That's why they didn't include any of those scenes. They're absolute shit.
>>
>>24314384
Kagome pun pun
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.