[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nihilism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 20
File: Picture-41.png (62 KB, 404x203) Image search: [Google]
Picture-41.png
62 KB, 404x203
who /nihilist here?
>>
>>24312446
>>immature belief of the edgy teenager
>>
>>24312460

>implying life has meaning

Retard.
>>
Nihilism is the lazy man's Cynicism.
>>
File: stirn.png (47 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
stirn.png
47 KB, 1305x892
>>24312446
NIHIL GO
>>
>>24312446
Absurdism is the destination of the bridge of nihilism.
>>
>>24312514
Cynicism is the inconsistent man's nihilism.
>>
>>24312736
No it isn't. Nihilism is the endgame. Been here for a decade now.
>>
>>24312736
Absurdism can be a branch of nihilism but Im too pessimistic to laugh at humanity's decline
>>
>>24312793
nihilsim is "there is no meaning and no reason to live"
absurdism is "there is no meaning and it is absurd to keep living, embrace the absurd."
>>
>>24312446
No thank you. I'm not a Buddhist.
>>
I dont think my sense of humor is wicked enough
>>
File: aborted_fetus_in_hell_doom_2.jpg (429 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
aborted_fetus_in_hell_doom_2.jpg
429 KB, 1440x900
I am Nihilanth.
>>
File: 3_ThePhotograph_slideshow_10.jpg (284 KB, 890x500) Image search: [Google]
3_ThePhotograph_slideshow_10.jpg
284 KB, 890x500
>>24312848

Burnnnt.

> Written like a true astika
>>
File: FB_IMG_1443081096424.jpg (20 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1443081096424.jpg
20 KB, 537x416
Who /nihilistic misanthrope/ here?

The recent action(s) of 3rd worlders and reactions of 1st worlders were pitiful.

>tfw ME will be getting nuked soon
>>
>>24312460
I am an edgy teenager mentally speaking. My open hypocrisy and blithe self-indulgence are part of my neurosis
>>
>life has no meaning
>it's open-ended like a comfy sandbox game/open rpg
>get to make my own meaning for it

It really isn't that miserable of a mindset to have.
It's liberating in a way.
>>
>>24312839
Why embrace the absurd? Camus' argument in Myth of Sisyphus seemed kind of paltry
>>
>>24312839
Right. I prefer the first one.
>>
>>24313038
Except 90% of the time the open manufestation of amy personal meaning will be quashed by procrustean social forces
>>
>not being existentialist masterrace

nihilists are lost causes tbqh
>>
>>24313052
So you can become an ubermensch alpha male and fuck tons of girls.
>>
>>24313127
Nihilism falls under the broader category of existentialism.
>>
>>24312460
Hahaha look guys! This guy is EDGY! 'Nihilism' haha! Lets all dismiss his post because he's probably some rebellious teen!
>>
>>24313164
No it doesn't.. bl0x
>>
>>24313127
What reason do you have to make up your own meaning? It always felt unnecessary to me.
>>
>>24312793
>>24312793
>Nihilism is the endgame. Been here for a decade now.
lmao jesus christ man. Nihilism is the starting point, my friend.
>>
absurdism master race
>>
>>24313267
Anything "beyond" nihilism is just making shit up. I fail to see why I should "progress" any further.
>>
>>24313296
Making shit up? Like making your own meaning? Why do you so desperately cling to the idea that a meaning must be given to you or else there's no meaning at all?
>>
>>24313255
I was a nihilist for a long time, but at one point the thought of nothing mattering at all became to depressing for me, so I decided to apply some to it. For me it's kind of "world in balance"/karma kinda thing. I basically devoted my life to helping others, because for me, that is all that matters now.
>>
>>24313327
Because meaning isn't worth that much to me, so if there isn't a "real" one I don't see why I should substitute my own.
>>
>denial of the existence of any meaning or truth.

Is this the meaning the posters in this thread believe in?

Also how does mathematics fit into nihilism?
>>
>he hasn't graduated from nihilism to hedonism
>>
>>24313388
What reason do you have to live then?
>>
>>24313553
Do I need one? Most living things just live, without a reason why. I live because as a biological organism, I am compelled to.
>>
>>24313206
Sure. Existentialism merely questions the meaning of individual existence. On that front Kierkegaard, Camus and Sartre came to very different conclusions as to what that meaning was
>>
>>24313088
>procrustean

Who the fuck uses a word like that? Kill yourself my man
>>
>>24313594
You're not completely compelled to though. You can easily choose to deny those compulsions. But you choose not to do that. Now why?
>>
>>24313610
Camus' path [Absurdism] isn't under the umbrella of Existentialism.

Hell, he didn't even like to be compared with Sartre.
>>
>>24313646
>believing in the free will meme
What would cause me to go against my genetic programming and kill myself? I'm not mentally ill; my default state is being alive.
>>
>>24313636
Would you rather they were four times longer and said 'violently limiting extreme perspectives'?
>>
>>24313683
I have a feeling your idea of "free will" is very unrealistic, but it does indeed exist even within determinism.

Why do you value your so called "genetic programming" and the "default state"?
>>
>>24313636
I-I am just trying to expand my vocabulary anon. No bully pls ;_;
>>
>>24313751
You're talking like I have a soul. What a human does isn't about what it "values" or "believes," it's about what it's programmed to do.
>>
>>24313756
I appreciate people who challenge others e.g. by their choice of words.

Carry on, anon.
>>
>>24313783
But you still believe the programming to be the one source of consistent truth in your life. That's placing value on it.
What compels you to obey the programming? Is the programming that good? kek
>>
>>24313916
You aren't getting it. I *am* my programming. You *are* your programming.
>>
>>24313783
humans are programmed to stay alive and to fight for life and reproduction. beyond that they get to decide pretty much everything else. but there appears to be rules, patterns, consequences to things.

do you really think god (assuming god exists, i don't care, whatever) would act like some controlling neckbeard and be completely satisfied with good little puppets who obeyed his every command?
>>
>>24312460
>associating immature beliefs with the fact morality doesn't exist
>>
>>24313952
So the programming that you arbitrarily decide has made up it's mind, you're not open to being "changed" and just wish to stay complacent?
>>
>>24313997
>beyond that they get to decide pretty much everything else.
No, they act automatically, according to the laws of physics. Being able to "decide" violates causality.
>assuming god exists
That's a silly assumption.
>>
>>24314036
You still aren't getting it, and you still believe in souls. Your brain is the hardware, your "personality" or whatever is the software. Both things obey the laws of physics, one of which is causality, meaning every thought or decision you make is determined by some previous event.There is no "you" external to your physical self that can make decisions independent of anything else. That would be a soul, and souls don't exist.
>>
>>24313149
you'd have to value happiness and strength to care about that.. i dont see how a nihilist can care about anything other than expending the least effort and shitposting on 4chan all day
which is what i do
>>
stop being sad
Sadcunts
>>
File: 1445365402795.jpg (282 KB, 2048x1382) Image search: [Google]
1445365402795.jpg
282 KB, 2048x1382
>>24314167
I'm not sad tho.
>>
>>24314057
i'm feeling so comfy right now.

>Being able to "decide" violates causality.
How so? I tend to think that free will and fate can and do coincide. It's all a matter of frameworks.

>That's a silly assumption.
You're a silly assumption!
But before we could ever talk about the existence of god, we would first need to talk about the nature of god.
>>
>>24314191
>i'm feeling so comfy right now.
Same.

>How so? I tend to think that free will and fate can and do coincide. It's all a matter of frameworks.
Are your decisions entirely dependent on previous events? If so, free will is false. If not, causality is false.
>>
>>24312446
all that sounds good except:
> the denial of the existence of any basis for knowledge or truth
how can you say this when science and maths seem pretty legit? does it just mean, outside of our small "recognitions of patterns" within our world.. we don't know what our world is, or why, and we never can? like a fish trying to understand quantum mechanics.. it just can't
>>
>>24314122
Idk what to tell you mean. You seem thoroughly convinced and I don't have the patience nor energy to do this for any longer. I suggest reading about Buddhism and actual philosophy. There's some very big things you're choosing to ignore that accept as axioms for no real reason.

>free will is false
Again, your idea of free will is very unrealistic.
>>
>>24314318
In all likelihood science and math are legit. However, it's impossible to prove or justify that they are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BCnchhausen_trilemma

You can still use common sense though, which is what most nihilists do. Otherwise you couldn't navigate your day-to-day life.
>>
>>24314351
Explain what you consider free will, then.
>>
>>24314379
>abandons everything
>still uses common sense

Why would I even want to succumb to such a hypocritical religion?
>>
File: Maximum Rare.jpg (16 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
Maximum Rare.jpg
16 KB, 331x334
>>24312446
Saying that morality does not exist is a truth-apt moral statement.

Nihilists are cute.
>>
>>24314413
If nothing is true, why do I have to be consistent? You're putting an artificial limitation on yourself to fit in with the math and logic crowd.
>>
>>24314276
>Are your decisions entirely dependent on previous events? If so, free will is false. If not, causality is false.
Huh.

Okay well what about this: I want a mid-afternoon snack. In my kitchen is a banana and a handful of jellybeans. I'll eat one of those two choices right now and save the other for lunch tomorrow. Which of the two do I eat?

This choice is so inconsequential not even my history of enjoying jellybeans truly impacts it. I just go with whatever I'm craving at that particular moment.

If some choices are so completely free of consequence that they can be dictated by my momentary whims, where does that leave your theory about all-consuming causality?
>>
>>24312446

To some extent. Man himself decides the meaning and purpose of his existence (individually).
>>
>>24314442
>Okay well what about this: I want a mid-afternoon snack. In my kitchen is a banana and a handful of jellybeans. I'll eat one of those two choices right now and save the other for lunch tomorrow. Which of the two do I eat?

Something determined that whim. The difference between an important decision and an unimportant one is just the scale. The mechanism is the same. With a system as complex as the human mind, it's impossible to be aware of all the variables that cause a given decision. That doesn't mean those variables don't exist, however.
>>
>>24314447
> Man himself decides the meaning and purpose of his existence
cop out
>>
>>24314495
Are you kidding me? C'mon! I've enjoyed both jellybeans and bananas in the past! This absolutely inconsequential decision is decided by me - the life force occupying this flesh vessel at this current moment and position in space! I am the decider between bananas and jellybeans! Not my history, not my biological heritage, MEEEEEEE
>>
>>24314572
Haha, maybe you are. Or maybe a cosmic ray hit one of your dopamine receptors when you looked at the banana.
>>
>>24314602
So...aliens?

I'm touched that they care so much about my eating habits.
>>
File: 6373565363.jpg (66 KB, 540x408) Image search: [Google]
6373565363.jpg
66 KB, 540x408
>>24314495
Just to put a quick end to your adorable argument, discussing the illusion of free will is contradictory and self-defeating. As far as human actions go, the very act of choosing to believe that free will is an illusion is self defeating in that it is a choice. Perhaps you were always going to make that choice since the beginning of time, but denying the existence of choice as we have defined it is contradictory in nature when you make a choice as we have defined it. It is similar to claiming an opponent's argument is invalid by making a Munchausen trilemma argument: You are defeating your own ability to say something is truth in claiming that nothing can be truth, therefore producing a stillborn stance. Saying that it is a truth that nothing can be a truth is contradictory as fuck. Equally, choosing to believe choice doesn't exist is a laughably stillborn and contradictory stance.

>"I have noticed that even those who assert that everything is predestined and that we can change nothing about it still look both ways before they cross the street"
>>
File: nietzsche-friedrich.jpg (36 KB, 350x275) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche-friedrich.jpg
36 KB, 350x275
>>24312446
Only if you're talking Friedrich Nietzsche and not some faggot edgelord shit.
>>
>>24314768
I never said choice doesn't exist, I've been saying "free" choice (independent of causality) doesn't exist. Thanks for addressing an argument I didn't make, though. Also,

> It is similar to claiming an opponent's argument is invalid by making a Munchausen trilemma argument: You are defeating your own ability to say something is truth in claiming that nothing can be truth, therefore producing a stillborn stance.

Congratulations on realizing the entire point of nihilism. Took you awhile.
>>
>>24314803
> Nietzsche
> not some faggot edgelord shit
>>
>>24314929
Alright, I'll bite, whose philosophy do you prefer, anon?
>>
File: Sankt Stirner.jpg (87 KB, 288x420) Image search: [Google]
Sankt Stirner.jpg
87 KB, 288x420
>>24314894
I wasn't necessarily responding to you, I was putting an end to people arguing poorly about free will.

And yes, nihilism is self-defeating, >>24314433 was my only other post in this thread. I just came here to bitch people out for having self-defeating stances as there are multiple in this thread.

You need to relax, it seems like perceiving yourself as correct is more important to you than actually being correct, regardless of whether or not you are. You're very aggressive in your discussion with silliness such as "OMG I diden't even say that" and "WOW it took u forever to lrn nihilism". Chill the fuck out m9 lmao. If you're interested in being philosophically grounded, you'll be more based if you get there by actually feeling that way instead of fooling yourself into feeling that way by dominating others using fallacious argumentative tactics on an anonymous image board.
>>
File: enhanced-4665-1396892134-1.jpg (104 KB, 576x747) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-4665-1396892134-1.jpg
104 KB, 576x747
>>24312460
One of the better SMBCs.
>>
>tfw low empathy
>don't know what philosophy branch I belong to because little empathy scews my views
>>
>>24315068
>And yes, nihilism is self-defeating
That's the point lmao.

> If you're interested in being philosophically grounded
Why would I care about this when philosophy itself is ungrounded?

The whole point of being a nihilist IMO, is to remind yourself that philosophy is an unrewarding time-waster, as evidenced by the fact that I've been stuck in this thread for the past few hours. Time to leave and do other things until the next philosophy thread sucks me in.
>>
>>24314982
> nothing means anything
> try hard to be the best you can!
his superman idea is not practical at all, i can't see a nihilist giving a fuck about becoming some "great man" when they don't even believe in values or scales of measure

camus absurd makes more sense, even if it is just a meme, "lol so absurd, fuck it right?"
kierkys faith seems like a decent exit from horrific logic, but no one can pull it off.
>>
File: 1430245087153.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1430245087153.png
21 KB, 900x900
>>24315068
> You need to relax, it seems like perceiving yourself as correct is more important to you than actually being correct
not that guy but i read your post and can you project any harder? seriously.. go back and read your post and how faggoty it sounds, you literally started your post with "Just to put a quick end to your adorable argument"

c.uck tbqh
>>
File: 1447018391680.png (94 KB, 1435x478) Image search: [Google]
1447018391680.png
94 KB, 1435x478
Pepe philosophy is the best
>>
File: tfw stirner.jpg (227 KB, 1128x1048) Image search: [Google]
tfw stirner.jpg
227 KB, 1128x1048
>>24315219
Philosophy is only unrewarding and a waste of time when you are uneducated about it. It also doesn't help when you're more interested in feeling good about yourself than having genuine knowledge.

It is asinine to believe that philosophy itself is unsound just because you only have unsound stances. That's like peering into the ocean over the side of a boat and claiming that there are no fish in the ocean because you can't see any. Phenomenology and non-cognitivism are two logically valid and sound philosophical stances.
>>
File: Stirner and Butthead.jpg (37 KB, 386x520) Image search: [Google]
Stirner and Butthead.jpg
37 KB, 386x520
>>24315344
Did it occur to you that maybe I recognize that I'm a self-absorbed faggot and that I'm okay with this?

What now, mufugga?
>>
>>24314161
>i dont see how a nihilist can care about anything other than expending the least effort and shitposting on 4chan all day
Why would you care about expending effort if you were a nihilist?
Why would you care about the joy shitposting brings you if you were a nihilist?

The only good and proper nihilist is a corpse.
>>
>>24315376
> stuck in a shitty movie
> option 1: walk out
> option 2: be smug
are there no other options?
>>
>>24314396
Let's start slowly from the top:
Why you would deny free will?
Do you have reason to deny free will from yourself or anyone else?

Denying free will is a dogmatic belief.
Dogma is the prime enemy of rational thought.
>>
File: Img269066557.jpg (66 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
Img269066557.jpg
66 KB, 500x335
>>24315126
I used to be so disgusted with these people, now I'm beginning to feel the seductive pull of fucking up the world for my own personal gain.

Not...gonna...do it.
>>
>>24315582
> Why would you care about expending effort if you were a nihilist?
maybe im confusing nihilism for depression
> Why would you care about the joy shitposting brings you if you were a nihilist?
you don't. it just passes the time with no effort/risk
>>
>>24315655
Why would you care about passing time if you were a nihilist?
Time does not matter, does it?
Boredom does not matter, does it?

Why not kill yourself, so you can truly be indifferent towards all?
>>
>>24315647
tbqh what disgusts me more than nihilism is just how boring and submissive people are. they all walk the same path through life, good sheep, they walk themselves right into a concentration camp with no protest because they're so scared of life, so moulded to conform by their own programing.

if a robot found out it was programmed to do everything with no escape, wouldnt it mean more to take a hold of his own identity and rebel, just fuck shit up. at least he then takes something for himself in a world where everything else was forced upon him. i guess this is the pepe route >>24315376
>>
>>24315126

> The sad truth
>>
>>24315671
> Why not kill yourself
you're still subject to emotions and programming..
>>
>>24315690
>boring and submissive people are
What else is there to do?We are social beings, you can't escape social pressure and norms.Being special snowflake is social suicide
>>
>>24315709
>muh programming
Weak argument, people can ignore and have ignored the way they're biologically meant to act many times in the past, in fact I bet you are doing that right now.

>muh emotions
If you really were a nihilist and capable of rational thought you could put that little thing aside, couldn't you?
What does emotion matter, it's meaningless isn't it?
>>
>>24315582
It's hedonism and it's temporary. I spend far more time avoiding pain than seeking pleasure.

As far as I'm concerned I am a walking corpse.
>>
>>24315690
>if a robot found out it was programmed to do everything with no escape, wouldnt it mean more to take a hold of his own identity and rebel, just fuck shit up. at least he then takes something for himself in a world where everything else was forced upon him. i guess this is the pepe route

yeah but then you just make the world even more of a shit show than it was before. you fuck over younger generations just like prior generations did to you. you escape nothing. i feel like the pepe route has already been taken many times by people who were smart enough to realize how fucked society is but weren't strong enough to do something else.
>>
>>24315752
>It's hedonism and it's temporary
Exactly.
Appealing to hedonism in defense of nihilism is not a viable argument.

>I spend far more time avoiding pain than seeking pleasure
The pain catches up with you anyway and the pleasure never comes, right?

>As far as I'm concerned I am a walking corpse.
You should just stop walking, then.
>>
>>24315750
yeah but suicide would be just as meaningless, so why would i bother?
>>
>>24315805
Because if you don't kill yourself, you are a hypocrite and no matter how much you are denying that you care, you still do.

Otherwise you wouldn't be alive.
If you really were a nihilist you wouldn't care.
>>
>>24315791
> you escape nothing
you do though.. you mentally escape the prison that traps everyone else.
> then you just make the world even more of a shit show than it was before
dude im just one person. its not gonna make any difference, and since death erases all our lives as if they never happened then it doesnt fucking matter anyway

seriously.. meditate on the idea that when you die, it wont be like you forgot everything that happened.. it will be like before birth, there will literally be nothing. there never was. and since this happens to everyone, nothing matters.
>>
>>24312446
I believe we create our own purpose in life. This is the undeniable truth. Maybe YOU don't have any purpose in life but that is not my fucking problem. Most people value something, I value knowledge and experience, so I usually read a lot and find meaning in that. The more knowledge I have the more complete I am. Books are a great source of knowledge, and experience that we will never personally gain.
>>
>>24315842
put a different label on it then :^)
>>
>>24315891
KNAWLADGE

i value shitposting
>>
>>24315896
Yes, but it's not nihilism anymore, is it?
What do you even want here when you have nothing to say about nihilism?
>>
>>24315842

>Because if you don't kill yourself, you are a hypocrite and no matter how much you are denying that you care, you still do.

If you were truly nihilistic, you wouldn't even kill yourself - you would only act on innate / primal instinct...or just starve and freeze to death.
>>
>>24315917
dunno f.am what do u want?
>>
>>24315920
The point is that you would be dead at some point. And that nihilism is not and never was intended to be a philosophy to be followed.

It was meant to be a milestone in the mental development of an ubermensch, once you lose all external meaning you are ready to build your own.

And for some, laughing as everything falls apart, laughing as they themselves fall.
>>
>denial of existence of any basis for knowledge or truth

That shit is nihilism. It's some kind of meta-philosophy. It's an idea about the ideas of truth, facts and knowledge.

"Dude, like, nothing matters man" is not nihilism. It's called being edgy.
>>
File: aa2.jpg (419 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
aa2.jpg
419 KB, 1024x682
>>24315870
>you do though.. you mentally escape the prison that traps everyone else.
have you ever watched rich people go about their lives? the luxuries they have don't even register with them. they're still trapped in many ways.

>dude im just one person. its not gonna make any difference, and since death erases all our lives as if they never happened then it doesnt fucking matter anyway
you do matter and it does matter. i guess this is where we disagree: you're being wisely cynical and i choose to stay an obstinate fool.

>seriously.. meditate on the idea that when you die, it wont be like you forgot everything that happened.. it will be like before birth, there will literally be nothing. there never was. and since this happens to everyone, nothing matters.
eh. i try to avoid spiritual questions like these. but i dimly suspect i've been part of some sort of sentient motion before i properly came into being the way i currently am.
>>
>>24316052
That shit is even more retarded, because it's dogmatic. What the fuck do you want with your fucking dogma?

Go play in the kiddie pool with the Buddhists and the Christians, kouhai.
>>
>>24316052
> "Dude, like, nothing matters man" is not nihilism. It's called being edgy
woah woah woah.. explain to me how stuff matters again?
>>
>>24316069
you admitted to being a fool. end of discussion hbt
>>
Just because all is ultimately meaningless doesn't mean I'll ever choose not to live.

Living and surviving is what I'll do, fat, dumb, smart, handsome, however I shall be, I will keep living this life for as long as I have a heartbeat.

It is the will to live that you people lack, it's not the doctrine of nihilism that's at fault.
>>
>>24316164
if you say so.

stupid robot won't let me post a simple sentence. it's fucking inelegant.
>>
>>24315842
I'm a nihilist. I literally live only to experience shit and fuck the world up. I'm having a pretty good time.
>>
>>24316367
That's not what nihilism is, sorry.

Kill yourself, if you really are a nihilist.
And before you try making one, an appeal to hedonism is a completely worthless argument, I can smash it to pieces with two sentences.
>>
Was Meursault a nihilist?
>>
>>24316069
>I try to avoid spiritual questions
>avoid
>questions
Aaaaaand there goes your chance at the bliss of esoterism
>>
File: 1420765246357.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1420765246357.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>24312446
With all the recent stuff over the different American universities and the reaction to the Paris attacks, I just might be.
>>
>>24316485
The son was
>>
File: unique.png (46 KB, 376x401) Image search: [Google]
unique.png
46 KB, 376x401
>>24315690
have another webcomic that is usually shitty apart from 1 or 2 gems
>>
>>24316420
Last time I checked a nihilism is "the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless."

Are you saying that if I do those things, I have to kill myself?

Honestly, I don't really care about semantics. I agree with the ideas of nihilism. And honestly they're not in the way of me enjoying myself.
>>
>>24314182
>pic
This
>>
>>24317263
There is no reason if you reject all things that can give meaning.

If you are looking for meaning yourself, you're not nihilist as per definition.
>>
>>24316799
ah ha, you managed to poke a real sore spot there. i don't know how to reach these people irl. i don't know how to find them. it hurts but i figure if i'll ever be able to find them again i'll have to bear the darkness a little longer.
>>
>>24312446
>not creating your own meaning
fucking casuals.
>>
File: bladerunner.jpg (119 KB, 1000x997) Image search: [Google]
bladerunner.jpg
119 KB, 1000x997
>>24315623
tearing up the theater wouldn't work

If, as you say, life is meaningless, if someone has power over someone else they will automatically impose their will on them, it would be like 1+1=2. You might not do so due to some emotional attachment you have to other people (which technically is still pure selfishness) or maybe some abstract ethics that for whatever reason you have decided to follow (rarely does anyone do anything remotely like this), however most of the population won't, though they pretend otherwise or are just too stupid to notice when they do it.

Revolution and determinism are contradictions, you need some form of faith, not the flawed faith of religions of the past *tips fedora* or whacky cults of today like communism, but you can't break from the cycle of a boot stamping on another person's face unless people can be a little irrational.
>>
HIROSHIMOOT.. I know you're here babe, will you make a philosophy/thought board? We'd have fucktons of edgelords but surely something could be achieved through it. SFW of course
>>
>>24317476
>>>/his/ is that way
>>
>>24317558
/his/:
Russian dictators
Asian wars
Industrialization

It's all dull historical shit ya know
>>
>>24317350
so what options are you saying?

>>24317041
gay comic tbqh
>>
>>24312460
>edgy response by smug retard who just turned 20
>>
>>24317690
>It's all dull historical shit ya know
Perhaps for some, but the sticky does read:
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.
>>
>>24317761
I know and I'm aware humanities is in the title but between the neo-nazis, warmongerers, and marxists a philosophy thread wouldn't pull through.
>>
>>24312446
The problem with nihilism is that it doesn't mean anything, it's trivial.
Nothing means anything, yeah sure, this is true. But now what? Nothing's changed, I have no insights I can actually use.
I thought I'd realized something great when I came to the conclusion that there was no such thing as meaning, but lately I've realized that I was just jerking off. All the hard problem still exist and are still hard.
>>
>>24318173
Mental discharge mmmm
>>
>>24312514
True, I wish I was Diogenes
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.