[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /basketball/ here? I play at the campus gym whenever I go.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 648x912) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 648x912
Who /basketball/ here?

I play at the campus gym whenever I go. It's one of the few things I still enjoy and that I'm good at.

>inb4 le niggerhoop!

You have to learn to understand and respect the game.
>>
File: keeanu.jpg (95 KB, 381x391) Image search: [Google]
keeanu.jpg
95 KB, 381x391
>be black
>can't even do a layup

I gave up in 3rd grade
>>
>>24311761
>black
>can't do a layup

Now that's just embarrassing m8.
>>
I use to play all the time but then I got stress fractures on both my shins.

I still play occasionally but I can't run up and down the court like I use to.

Also my favorite team is the lakers. I hope kobe retires already.
>>
>>24311731
I'm that guy that is a sharpshooter when by myself but can't make SHIT during a game
>>
>>24312004
I'm the opposite. I come alive in-game
>>
>>24311731
fuck no whenever i try to experienced practice chads/tyrones try to get me to play with them and i embarrass myself every time
>>
>>24312288
The better players you play with, the faster you'll improve. It's okay if you're not that good yet.
>>
>>24311731
I used to play D3 ball until my scoliosis came out when I was 20. Ended my career and probably should never play again.
>>
>>24311731
I still play but unfortunately I'm better at tennis even though I enjoy basketball more
>>
File: 1441901550861.png (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1441901550861.png
21 KB, 400x400
>>24311731
Hey OP, there is a basketball court at my gym in campus, I was thinking about going there alone and trying to jump as high as I can every time I go, hopefully that I will jump high enough to dunk one day
I am manlet prince 5'10 how do you think I should train for this ? This video motivated me a lot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGvyEg4_v30
Also do you have any proper source where to learn all the stuff you can train alone ? (shooting, dribbling, handling the ball)
I wish I could become good, I was always shit at sports
>>
>>24313036
To dunk, do squats and hang clean to build leg muscle and explosiveness, make sure to use protein when done to build muscle faster. If you can lose weight to make yourself lighter. Make sure you have good basketball shoes. Only you can develop your shooting because everyone has a different shooting form.
>>
>normalshits pick me last at pickup game because shy
>completely rape the other team with 3 pointers and aggressive drives to the basket
get fucked normalslimes
>>
>>24313450
Thanks anon, I squat 3 times per week and deadlift instead of hang cleans. I'll have to buy some shoes and I don't take supplements but I eat peanut butter, milk, meat, peanuts and stuff like that.
I think I do shooting and at the end jump a few times until I can hopefully one day grab the hoop, then try to dunk.
Should I do this in the gym days or its gonna be to much for the legs ?
>>
>>24313765
not that guy
but
the most important thing by far in vertical jump is your technique
your ability to turn forward momentum generated by running into upward jumping momentum is what can make you a poor jumper or an amazing jumper
learn to use the momentum you create in your running start, it's extremely important and it's why some jumpers sometimes have running vertical jumps twice as high as their standing vertical jumps
this is crucial
do some research on running vertical jump technique
>>
>>24313909
Will do anon, thank you I'm gonna save the advice I got from you guys.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.