[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about calling a therapist. Either that or killing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: woj music.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
woj music.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
I'm thinking about calling a therapist. Either that or killing myself. Who here takes meds and is feeling better in any way?

T-thanks.
>>
On zoloft. Works for me. Still depressed from time to time with the world being a piece of shit, but there are things to live for. Try therapy before giving up on everything. And not just one session, like a few months. Personally, I've been on the verge of suicide before, but my rule is if I can think of at least one other person who would be seriously upset by my death to the point where it would disrupt their lives, that's reason enough not to do it
>>
>>24310156
You have us.
>>
>>24310255
Yeah, but you guys are pretty and ignore me. ;_;
>>
Its your call anon, but at least try therapy or a psych first. What do you have to lose if you plan on ending it soon right?
>>
On wellbutrin for about a month. Working for me pretty well. Motivated to get up and eat and exercise again. Not as tired looking.
>>
>>24310156
SSRI's and other antidepressants haven't done me any good, but everyone reacts differently to them, give it a try
>>
>>24310447
How do you know it's not placebo?
>>
On Zoloft and it has completely turned my life around for the better. Modern day medication is an amazing thing.
>>
>>24310156

What kind of therapist ?
A psychiatrist, a counsellor, psychologist, psychotherapist? Depends on what you want really.
>>
>>24310557
Why are you still if you're not depressed?
Not trying to be mean, just curious. I'm on /r9k/ just when I'm thinking about killing myself, but am too much of a pussy to actually do it.
>>
>>24310589
Well that's the shitty thing. I tried to go without it for a while and i went right back to where i was. Except it was worse. But as long as i keep taking it I'll be "normal"

Pick your poison i guess.
>>
>>24310509
Does it matter? If it works it works
>>
>>24310156
Therapy is 100% useless. They'll just ask you empty questions which you have asked yourself hundreds of times yourself already. Therapy has never progressed past ELIZA and never will.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.