[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /nevertips/ here? I refuse pay for wageslaves salary because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: plustip.jpg (44 KB, 670x409) Image search: [Google]
plustip.jpg
44 KB, 670x409
Who /nevertips/ here?

I refuse pay for wageslaves salary because their employers are too greedy to give them a proper wage and exploit loopholes to get around it.
>>
>>24310141
Im forced to tip because i don't want to eat the delivery guys cum and spit next time i order. Its a racket
>>
Tipping is bullshit, I already paid a delivery fee. Get a real job loser
>>
>>24310164
they cum in your food anyway
>>
I use to never tip until I became dependent on them, so now I tip when I can.
>>
Well either you tip, or you get the tip of someones dick in your pizza. Either way there is a tip involved.
>>
>>24310198
thats kind of hot tbhonest
>>
I never tip at places I wont be back to in the next month
>>
>>24310309
This tbf kin. Turnover in wageslave jobs is so high you will never have the same delivery guy/waitress/taxi driver.
>>
The stuff about spitting in your food is bullshit. 99% of the time they don't have the balls to do that. Wagekeks are just that, keks. If you want to get paid well get a real job with a salary.
>>
>>24310206

>I'm dependent on tips, so I willingly give my money away for no reason

That makes no sense. I understand you feel a moral obligation, but if you need tips to get by, then you should stop giving your money away.
>>
>>24310353
this is the same kind of dumbass who gets a tip-dependent job you're talking to
>>
I make 14/hr plus tips, so I don't really care if you tip or not. It goes into a big glass jar labeled "Date Money" for whatever chica I'm with at the time.
>>
>>24310365
>>24310141

Not that guy.

I worked as a sandwich and pizza delivery driver for my first three and a half years of college. My job was incredibly easy and I averaged between $10 and $15 per hour in tips alone. With base pay I could make closer to $20 or $25 on busy lunch shifts. Whenever my university had a big football game, I'd make bank. I traveled around the world multiple times with the money from that job.

And yet I still have a hard time making myself tip. The simple fact of the matter is that most drivers are entitled cunts. Restaurants overprice their food by ridiculous margins anyway, and it's fucked up that customers have to pay an extra 10-20% for an employee's salary.

I used to always leave huge tips at restaurants and for drivers. Then I realized that delivering a $100 order versus a $10 order involved hardly any more work on my part, and that the only reason I was making so much money for unskilled labor is that the system is fucking stupid.
>>
>>24310141
The issue of tipping is trivial.

Tips are by definition optional.

If a tip is mandatory, it is not a tip.

If the delivery person insists, they are misdefining a term.

If they're misdefining a term, they're a shitty person who definitely doesn't deserve a tip.
>>
I tip because I'm not poor and I don't mind helping out someone with a shitty job.

However if they try to pull the shit where they deliver it to the street instead of my apartment then call me in advance and make me wait out there for them they get nothing :^)
>>
>even mention you have an inkling of a feeling that there's something even slightly wrong with tipping culture
>normies look at you with disgust and hatred
every fucking time
>>
File: 1431589165990s.jpg (9 KB, 224x250) Image search: [Google]
1431589165990s.jpg
9 KB, 224x250
>>24310518
Glad I don't live in the Land of the Free.
>>
>>24310867
More like Land of the Fee.
>>
I stopped tipping when places started adding "service fees" and "delivery fees" I'm not going to tip you when the tip was included in the bill.
>>
>>24310901
Except those aren't tips paid to your driver, you dumbass. That's the company charging extra for delivery.
>>
>>24310346
I sure as shit did it to cunts who never tipped when I did delivery

Also if you ever call a store to bitch about the food you ordered and a delivery person has to run back and forth because of it they probably spit in your shit the whole way
>>
>>24310141

I tip. It's not wage keks fault we have a dumb system
>>
>>24310936

So the company charges you extra for the driver to go off the clock, and do absolutely nothing that costs them extra money. That's money they could use to give them a raise.
>>
>>24310967

What? It absolutely is. Every wagekek has every opportunity to write to their governor about changing their states mandate on tipping and minimum wage exceptions. It's absolutely their fault for picking a job that relies on tipping.
>>
File: whoawhoa.jpg (10 KB, 235x177) Image search: [Google]
whoawhoa.jpg
10 KB, 235x177
>>24311009

hey hello i'd like to take a minute out of my busy lurking schedule to tell you that you are dumb and a big gay baby.

here is why:
1.) there are like three or four jobs total that rely solely on tipping
2.) why wouldn't you tip them if you only encounter them every so often
3.) you're poor
4.) you are a gay baby

thanks for your time and consideration
>>
>>24311623

ITT: People who don't know that if an employee is paid less than minimum wage because of tipping, and they don't make that much, THE EMPLOYER IS REQUIRED TO MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE
>>
>Tfw just got first job doing pizza delivery
>Tfw already spent $100 on getting a traffic abstract, tuberculosis test, khaki colored pants as required by uniform policy, and filling my car with a full tank of gas
>Tfw it's been a week and I still haven't made my first delivery or done anything
>Tfw just got told not to come in today because some human resources lady didn't show up to train me or something
>Tfw wallet is RIP and mom isn't giving me anymore monies
>Tfw probably will get fired within a week
>Tfw probably will get shit tips
>Tfw delivery fees don't go to the driver
Good thing I'm not paying rent or anything because this is kind of already a load of bullshit and I'm starting to have regrets.
>>
ITT: Neets that are butthurt that they're expected to spend a cent of their autismbucks on anything but food itself
>>
>>24314279
Pizza places fuck drivers over royally. You're a schmuck for agreeing. Go get a waiting job if you want decent money.
>>
File: wallpaper-20150929-134755.png (399 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-20150929-134755.png
399 KB, 1440x2560
>be a delivery boy in college
>Good money, get assholes every once in a while
>see this thread

Oh well, just working to get bills paid while I'm going to school
>>
>>24310141
same.

I legally don't have to, and they probably have more money than I do.

Anybody who gets mad at this is obviously a wage slave
>>
File: economics.jpg (117 KB, 1205x814) Image search: [Google]
economics.jpg
117 KB, 1205x814
>>24310141
You should then simply not patronize restaurants that make their employees rely on tips, that way the employers go out of business. Taking it out on the employee that has no choice in the matter is selfish, greedy, and a bit cruel. Delivery jobs are some of the easier to get with no experiences, presuming you have a driver's license, and most of them are probably robots just like us trying to survive in a normie's world.
>>
>>24310141
You're just as greedy as the greedy bosses. Deal with it. Accept what you are.
>>
>>24310867
yeah the sand niggers don't give you the tip, they give you the full cock.
>>
I just don't eat delivery. I'm too scared one if you fags are spitting in my za.
>>
File: 1447563460553.jpg (42 KB, 482x642) Image search: [Google]
1447563460553.jpg
42 KB, 482x642
why is it just restaurants and food service that gets tips and just the waiters?

I work in retail out in the parking lot and I have to help people out when they get like 3 carts full of groceries and shit like that but I NEVER get tipped. shit i would love to get extra money.

Only time a customer ever paid me was when i cleaned up her throw up when she barfed all over the floor.
>>
>>24311623
reddit user detected. fuck off faggot.
>>
>>24310423

>implying I'm reading all that
>>
I live in a country where people get paid enough to survive. That said, if someone goes above and beyond, I tip them if possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 480x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 480x542
I've got a little story in land of the free

>be visiting burgerland
>have these huge boxes with baggage
>need to get em in my room at the hotel
>ask for trolley
>they tell me there needs to be this special trolley guy that moves it
>fine w/e let him move that shit to elevator
>get out on my floor
>takes em out and looks at me with this shit eating grin
>"tip please"
>sorry m8 no cash on me, left the last bux in cab
>THIS IS A TIPPING JOB
>wtf? Tip for what litterally 2 minutes of pushing a trolley in the elevator and out? I wanted to do it myself
>but niggers insist there needs to be a guy pushing it
>shit nigga you telling me they don't pay you shit for this? Get the fuck outta here
>fucker looks at me in disgust and leaves
>tells me that he'll tell other trolley guys not to help me
>can't take trolley without those guys
>have to moves boxes 1 by 1 myself
>fucker is clapping at me

I literally took a shit on the bed in that hotel for this kind of shit
>>
>>24310141
I never tip. I'm European (Icelandic) - waiters and delivery drivers get at least minimum wage here.
>>
I keep a spray bottle in the trunk full of my spit and I just spray it all once over the pizza when I get a bad delivery. I also never wash my hands so I'll just rub my hands over the pizza as well hoping some left over shit falls in there. Or we can put an old pepperoni that's been sitting by the dishwasher for 13 days in there somewhere.
>>
>>24310141
working in the industry i am so against tipping
most of their bitch ass don't do shit half the day until dinner time and in between customer they are always on their phone or never to be found i fucking hate them they deserve shit wages because that is what thy are worth
>>
>>24310141

That doesn't really follow. Withdrawing your tips doesn't change that system or even affect it. The only people that are affected are the people with the least power to change the system, the waitstaff themselves.
>>
Kids these days have forgotten what "tip" even stands for.

It means "To Insure Performance"

If you do not perform above and beyond your base job, you do not get a tip. It's not something you are entitled to if you do a shitty job, or you just do what you're expected to.
>>
>>24310141
boohoo get a better job i am already paying your employer if you feel like your employer is paying less than you deserve then quit and find some one who will pay you for what you are worth
>>
File: Gross.jpg (61 KB, 545x549) Image search: [Google]
Gross.jpg
61 KB, 545x549
>tipping deliveryboys
america everyone.
>>
I only tip when I go out to eat at a decent restaurant and get good service. Even then I don't tip above 10%. If I want pizza and Chinese I usually go get it myself.
I get paid minimum wage too and I'm not tipping you if you're an asshole. I'm not an asshole to my customers and I make shitwage too.
>>
>>24310423
>Restaurants overprice their food by ridiculous margins anyway, and it's fucked up that customers have to pay an extra 10-20% for an employee's salary
You're not going to a restaurant to live off of their food. You're going there to eat good food that you can't or won't otherwise make yourself. It's a luxury so it doesn't really matter if they charge a lot more the material and labor cost them.
>>
File: tips.png (102 KB, 627x672) Image search: [Google]
tips.png
102 KB, 627x672
this gets me every time
>>
>always tip at some ma and pa diner i regular
>place is filled with lots of regulars
>considering everything the prices arent that great but its in the area and closest thing near me
>go in one day when its busy and order the special of the day since it seems like everyone if fucking ordering it
>waitress takes order and gives me my drink while i wait
>multiple false alarms as people seated before me are being served their meal
>suddenly notice one of the people that walked in after i had shown up is being served the same fucking dish ive been waiting for
>ask waitress when she walks by when is my meal coming
>"oh sorry we will have it soon"
>was just watching their tv to pass the time but it was 45 minutes since i placed order
>looking around i throw eye contact on waitress a few times and even turned around in my seat because i honestly thought she was gonna serve me instead of the other person who had ordered after me
>finally get my meal and a bullshit apology about kitchen being understaffed and crap despite me seeing people who came in after me being served the same fucking dish before me
>sit with food until she walks away then leave place

Havent gone back since
>>
>>24315819
>fucker is clapping at me

Well, this is 'Murrica.
>>
>>24315959
>Kids these days have forgotten what "tip" even stands for.
>It means "To Insure Performance"

That's a backronym, you retard.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.