[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here /still in high school/? i'm 24, i've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
who here /still in high school/?
i'm 24, i've been held back like 6 times because i get lazy and stop doing the work
The school even told me this might be my last year here because they said some of the other students find my presence "uncomfortable"
>>
>>24309806
Why would you keep going? I dropped out at 17 and am 21 now.
>>
>>24310327
high school degree = requirement for 90% of jobs
>>
This isn't real.

This can't actually happen.
>>
>>24309806
Are you in an actual high school? Like actually with 17-18 year olds?
>>
>>24310453
Just get a ged
>>
>>24310476
yes

ORIGINAL COMMENT, DO NOT STEAL
>>
>>24310477
i've been thinking about that lately, but idk, probably, once they kick me out of this school
>>
>>24309806
reporting in
I am 22, failed when i was 17 because i didn't do jack shit (got addicted to weed), dropped out when i was repeating the year at 18, then was a NEET until 21 but dad made me join this year.

>>24310477
doesn't have the same value as a highscool degree, it literally screams "I am a lazy piece of shit who was too stupid for real school"
>>
>>24310514
has the school/students said anything to you yet?
I swear to god it pissed me off when they told me, like big fucking deal so i'm old doesn't mean i'm "a creep" or "unnerving to be around"
normie cunts
>>
I have a very hard time believing you.

The oldest people I've ever met in high school were in a special ed program and were literally retarded. They were 22 at most.

Do you have proof of any sort?
>>
>>24310540
Teachers talk to me like i am some sort of outsider or weirdo, you know in a different, harsher tone, with less enthusiasm and cheerfulness.
Except that the principal always tells me to work hard whenever i run into him at the school
>>
>>24310514
No, a GED implies there were some complicated life circumstances and you had to take care of other priorities first.

Getting held back for six years screams lazy and stupid.
>>
last i checked it cant be a normal school like an alternative school lets in people older than 21 or 22 which is the normal schools cut off line for students ages
>>
>>24310514
>i didn't do jack shit (got addicted to weed)
Please spread this message as much as you can, fucking hate weedtards thinking this shit is harmless.
>>
>>24309806
Do you go to regular HS or to Evening HS where it's usually people older and dropouts like you?

I finished at 21 years old.

>>24310556
It is possible but i'm not OP nor from US.
But we have special evening high schools as i mentioned.
>>
>couple of months before graduating
>anxiety causes me to drop out
>vow to get a GED
>pass the english test and never go again

If only I could go back in time...
>>
>>24310592
same guy again
as far as the other students go, they dont talk to me unless for asking stuff like the time or what class we have next.

>>24310598
Still, its better to do a full HS course, a GED does affect employability quite a bit
>>
>>24310556
to be fair, they have been telling me for a while now that they don't think i should be here
proof? give me 2 months to bag a 15 year old and get nude pics of her
>>24310628
regular HS
>>24310592
cunts, right?
>>
Except they kick you out of highschool when you turn 21 you fucking faggot
>>
How is that possible, usually the school system can only keep you until you are like 21. My mom is a teacher who works with special needs kids and they would keep them until they were that age and then they graduated and got out.
>>
Just drop out and go to college as a mature student, I never finished HS or got a GED but still have a college diploma and a university degree
>>
actually guys, technically by law, a school cannot force someone out because they are too old, if they haven't received their credits, they can't be thrown out and can even file a lawsuit against the school for doing so
>>
>>24310600
I did the same thing in HS got addicted to weed, started smoking everyday, would just sleep in most classes
>>
>>24309806
>23
I have to keep showing up at old highschool for exams but they no longer make me go to classes
>only one subject more until degree
>I have been procrastinating and not showing up for a year
>>
>>24310514
>I am a lazy piece of shit who was too stupid for real school

Considering how you got addicted to fucking weed of all things I don't see how you make this statement.
>>
How stupid do you have to be not to get your high school diploma? They were designed so niggers and literal retards to get.
>>
>>24310950
Not op but I'm not stupid, I'm a robot who gave up on life for a while
>>
>>24310880
Its easy to get addicted to weed, its fucking everywhere, your grandma probably has a few buds in the cupboard

>>24310950
by not trying
Its easy to fail the easiest of things when you dont even try. I just gave up in the first few months and never touched the books until the day before the exam
>>
>>24310950
op here, one day i forgot to do an assignment and the next thing i know one assignment became 40 assignments
>>
File: 1445113839101.gif (195 KB, 300x155) Image search: [Google]
1445113839101.gif
195 KB, 300x155
>fail high school
>>
>>24310950

High school work is easy but it's a frustrating experience.

>7:30-2:30 school day, hardly any breaks
>Had to sign up for all sorts of gay clubs and associations so that colleges will look at you, even more time wasted
>Usually had a job in the little free time you had left
>Classmates are teenagers who are just as frustrated as you
>Go to rich school, annoying rich kids flaunting money and status all the time
>Go to poor school, get beat up by Tyrone and freeze in the winter
>Surrounded by girls in their sexual prime, but can't do anything about it
>Classes are boring as hell and drag on
>Group projects, required peer review, and presentations every day
>Classmates make fun of you, if not to your face then behind your back

It's easy to just give up on it all desu. It gets difficult to keep your head up dealing with this shit a minimum of 35 hours a week. It's like being a wageslave without being paid.

>inb4 underage b& angsty teenager

I still graduated because I'm not a piece of shit
>>
>>24309806
If you are not mentally deficient just being present and conscious is required to pass high school, how did you manage to fail so hard.
>>
>>24309806
I wish I could go to school with 24.
The teenage girls would worship me
>>
File: 1357061836985.jpg (95 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1357061836985.jpg
95 KB, 1440x810
This is a shit tier troll. at my old school district you had til you had one extra year before they booted you. Meaning 19 years old. the special needs kids had til nearly 20. There is no way in hell you're 24 and still in a high school.
>>
>>24311289
You can enroll in a school at literally any age, but after 18 or 19 they dont require you to physically attend the classes, sitting for the exam is enough
>>
https://nces.ed.gov/programs/statereform/tab5_1.asp

hmmm
>>
>>24309806
cant stay past 21 at my school
>>
>>24311356

>texas
>26

lone star state doing us proud

must be all the illegals
>>
you're fucking retarded if this is true i really hope it's not i don't think it is but seriously high school requires minimal effort to pass. my friend practically failed through it and still graduated on time.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.