[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys really shoud look into lucid dreaming. It's so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13
File: AmWThvw.jpg (2 MB, 5178x2912) Image search: [Google]
AmWThvw.jpg
2 MB, 5178x2912
You guys really shoud look into lucid dreaming. It's so amazing I cram to understand how everone aren't doing it
>>
We're a board full of lazy neets and learning to lucid dream requires effort and perseverance.
>>
>>24307006
I'll get around to it some day, right now I am just biding my time, just waiting. The world is coming to me, I just have to wait it out. Just have to bide my time.
>>
>>24307006
tell us how you did it
>>
>become lucid
>worry and fuss so much over being able to stay lucid that you wake yourself up

takes the piss tbqfhwyf

Guide for robots http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/
>>
File: 1367855195585.jpg (289 KB, 585x3031) Image search: [Google]
1367855195585.jpg
289 KB, 585x3031
>>24307052
ill just leave this here, dont mind me
>>
>>24307081
No one really says that though. I think everyone is aware of their shitty life and impending morality.
>>
>>24307081
>>24307101
This. Who the fuck says that? Keep this thread about lucid dreams please.

Reminder that most drugs will absolutely destroy your ability to experience and recall dreams. If you are a regular antidepressant taker or weed smoker you will NEVER be able to have lucid dreams, I hope you're happy
>>
>>24307115
>lets keep this thread about lucid dreaming
>proceeds to hate on drugs for no reason

good luck with that, OP.
>>
I'm trying senpai but I don't seem to get it, doing reality checks for a month and a half now and writing my dreams when I can/remember,but I'm still trying
>>
>>24307115
hmm, what about mild stimulants such as methamphetamine?
>>
>>24307125
>Pointing out the answer to the most typical complaint in dream-related threads
>"hating" on drugs
Get over it you tender little stoner
>>
>>24307125
Cannabis user here, he's not wrong though. I smoked for a few years and I still don't remember my dreams. I remember feeling like such shit after this was pointed out to me in another thread about lucid dreaming on /x/. He's not "hating", man, just pointing out the side effects.
>>
I've tried but sometimes I forget to do it which completely fucks up my progress. I've had about two lucid dreams though and they were amazing.
>>
File: 122.png (96 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
122.png
96 KB, 500x545
>>24307125
>Pointing out a fact that any randomer learns on his first day of looking into lucid dreaming is hate

this is why noone likes stoners
>>
File: 343536567.png (589 KB, 482x686) Image search: [Google]
343536567.png
589 KB, 482x686
Reminder that this reality is for normies... imagination is not a childish endevour create your own ~loci, build your own reality, reject the mental programming of the masses.
escape through dream/drug states while you still can.

>>24307115
I'm an avid stoner and dream walker.
>assumption rejected
>>
Lucidity is literally the thing that made me uncreative in waking life (rather than have my mind wander, I am constantly aware of my actions).

I would be a thorough idiot to destroy my dreams as well through letting it into them.
>>
File: ovey.png (419 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
ovey.png
419 KB, 2550x3300
>>24307282
how many shekles would it cost for you to tell me who paid you to post this?
>>
>>24307314
Ironize what you will, the fact remains that I literally can't draw anymore (which I used to do at my shitty level) because I am reminded of and interrupted by the fact that I am drawing, similarly with reading, and even my enjoyment of music is diminished by this.

This is *exactly* what lucid dreaming requires should happen in my dreams -- a recurrent awareness that one is doing something. Whose effect is going to be, the mind wandering that underlies my spontaneous dream creativity is going to die. And it is literally the only creativity that's left in my life.
>>
I can lucid dream as long as I can think.
The thought that some people actually have to spend a long time learning that stuff boggles my mind.
But yeah, it's great. In fact my dreams are the only thing I still look forward to.
>>
>>24307006
Melatonin 3mg quick dissolve before sleep. Holy fucking shit. Then you need a lucidity trick, looking at your watch helps me. I fucking love it.
>>
>>24307388
Total retard here (No seriously, ~85 IQ), where do you get it? Legal?
>>
File: AtahGiborLe-olamAdonai.jpg (208 KB, 571x571) Image search: [Google]
AtahGiborLe-olamAdonai.jpg
208 KB, 571x571
>>24307353
creativity cannot be sustained perpetually
you really need to kindle it and be self aware enough to know when you are inspired and what inspires you.
I'd agreed that lucidity is not conducive to creativity in waking life, but lucid dreaming is a different state of mind all together.
A dream state is rich in memes, semi-formed concepts and idealogical congruency, if these things cant evoke some form of need for expression, nothing will.
>>
File: 593.png (139 KB, 297x365) Image search: [Google]
593.png
139 KB, 297x365
>tfw autistic and have no imagination
>>
>>24307421
Melatonin is common and legal as fuck
>>
>>24307421
you can get a prescription if you have insomnia, otherwise you can derpweb some pretty cheap(-$30 per month)
>>
>>24307353
I covet that kind of mental discipline. The complete inability for my mind to wander. You can get this skill by practicing lucid dreaming? Please let me know. I wish to be a stronger human being in all regards so this interests me.
>>
File: How to Lucid Dream.png (884 KB, 4000x3758) Image search: [Google]
How to Lucid Dream.png
884 KB, 4000x3758
Is this even applicable
>>
File: 4931499080_19721d0e71_p.jpg (33 KB, 599x347) Image search: [Google]
4931499080_19721d0e71_p.jpg
33 KB, 599x347
>>24307448
autustic people are the only people i've encountered who can visualize 4th dimensional regular polyhedra and 360 degree paranormic scenes in dream states

Embrace your autstic powers and never let anyone tell you you that you cant do anything
>>
>>24307522
It is not 'discipline', it is being mentally emasculated.

I imagine it is what people mean when they talk about mental zombiehood caused by psychiatric medication.

Rather than think about things you see ('I wonder when they're going to build something on this plot of land', 'hey, those street lights probably went off because of that one road repair two blocks away'), you walk ahead in a dumb haze of being mildly aware of the fact that you are an agent.

It will literally make you a weaker human being because it will cut your input and interpretation of things around you in half.

It happened to me through reading on 'mindfulness meditation' (thankfully I didn't actually do it). I'm not saying lucid dreaming is going to cause it in awake life; I'm just saying that l.d. is going to cause its equivalent in dreams.
>>
File: 1397857014438.jpg (40 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
1397857014438.jpg
40 KB, 210x240
if anyone is actually interested in lucid dreaming, I do 11 tutorials for only $9.99 per hour
hahah, jk my niggas, i'll answer questions 4free right here right now 4free

>>24307543
its over-complicating the process
>>
File: 1395597274880.jpg (75 KB, 645x716) Image search: [Google]
1395597274880.jpg
75 KB, 645x716
>lucid dream about once a month for as long as I can remember
>too lazy to put the effort in to improve my memory and frequency
My one natural talent and I let it go to waste.

Maybe one day I'll pick up something creative and get round to it for the inspiration
>>
>lucid dream for the first time two days ago
>holy shit I am dreaming,better do everything I want before I wake up
>rape a girl in the dream
>mom wakes me up
>can't even remember what it felt like
>how my brain even knows how sex would feel like if I am a virgin?
>>
>>24307664

the neural links for sex are already there in your brain senpai, dreams let you activate them
>>
>>24307054
I'd say the first and utterly most important step is to remember your dreams, and pay more attention to your dreams after you have awaken. You need to teach your brain that dreams are important again. After that, after painting a more vivid picture of what the dream world feels like, you might just have a lucid dream at random. I did as a kid, my mother would always have me talk about the dream in detail when we ate breakfast. I never had to do reality checks or none othat, but it can be useful.

Also, google Remee-mask. It's not a recipe for lucid dreams in it self, but it can make it a lot easier. Though it costs $100. Just start out paying huge attention to your dreams. Not just what you're dreaming about, but also the general mental feeling and atmosphere of the dream
>>
>>24307580
Oh, and I do have spontaneous semi-lucid dreams from time to time. Last time I realized I was in a dream, I was dreaming about being in a building.

Guess what my 'lucidity' chose to do?

Run around from room to room in that complex so to test the performance of the 'level layout generator' (namely, whether my brain manages to invent the contents of the room I chose to run into (it didn't; they were all white cubes)).

Such great fun.

Fuck that, give me my normal dreams.
>>
>>24307101
>morality

Mortality you fuck.
>>
>>24307711
>inb4 'the very point is that you can have more interesting dreams if you want'

The very fucking point is that *I AM NOT GOING TO WANT* more interesting dreams because *I AM NOT GOING TO INVENT THEM*. The only way I invent something is when I am not lucid, end of story. You guys are insufferable with your belief in free will.
>>
>>24307731
you've taken the lucid pill anon, there is no oing back
>>
>>24307743
Yes, I am aware of that. A brain cannot undo a connection that's been made, such as the habit to become self-conscious.
>>
>>24307115
OP here. That is simply not true. I don't even smoke that bush, I smoke HASH DAILY. I have lucid dreams frequently. Maybe it's because I have a high tolerance, but I'm still able to dream, although non-lucid dreams are more vivid when sober. Lucid dreams, however, seem to be completely lifelike either way
>>
my last licid dream started with me in a city made of tin-cans, when i remembered tin-cans wherent real buildings i climbed up the tallest building and spent the rest of my dream talking to a female deity as the lamp-sun set

she was actually pretty smart and i didnt realise i was capable of that kind of philosophical discussion
>>
>>24307006
Can you reccomend me a book or a guide to do it?
>>
Lucid dreaming made easy:

1) FUCK UP YOUR SLEEP CYCLE
>Pull an all-nighter, don't be a bitch and fall asleep until at least 2pm the next day. You need to fall asleep while the sun is up because that fucks with your mind.
2) YOU SHOULD BE "AWARE" ENOUGH IN YOUR BARELY-ASLEEP STATE TO IDENTIFY THE IMPOSSIBLE IN YOUR DREAM
>What I mean by this is, because you're sleeping while the sun is up, your're not going to go full REM. You'll be "asleep" from pure exhaustion but not in a deep sleep. Therefore, you should have the faintest bit of awareness to identify the elements in your dream that are completely impossible. It can be something as simple as the curtains being weirdly long (that's how I knew once) or a slight difference in how someone looks.
3) DON'T THINK, JUST FLY
>Chances are you'll get excited and fuck it up. The main thing people want to do when they lucid dream is fly. I make sure to lift myself off the ground as soon as I realize I'm dreaming because I'll probably fuck it up soon after.
>>
>>24307377
Can you feel, smell and physically sense your imagination. Well, that was kinda contradictory. Yes you can. But only in your dreams
>>
>>24307731
> there is no free will
Tell that to the Spanish bird in my dreams who I turned into a turtle because i like turtles better than birds.
>>
>>24307819
The point is you're saying 'you can choose to be creative' without realizing that the very coming to have lucid dreams causes decrease in creativity.
>>
>>24307831
Of what fuck are you talking?
>>
>>24307831
that is just a lack of motivation, if you really want novel ideas you can condure them in a lucid dream,
doubles boxing
shoe-box ecosystems
kangaroos in the Yucatan who sing the world int existence
poop-puffer fish who live in the sewers and combine flushed tampons and condoms to make sewer babies that grow into enlightened hobos

these are all ideas that ive had in lucid dreams that i sincerely doubt i could have come up with if i was awake
>>
>>24307719
I literally forgot a t. It was a typing error, also known as a "typo."
>>
This is a quality thread and relevant to /r9k/ board culture
>>
I'd like to learn how, but it seems like too much effort and the possibility of entering sleep paralysis scares the everliving fuck out of me.
>>
File: 1385846496626.png (137 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1385846496626.png
137 KB, 300x300
my dreams are too autistic.
Nothing is ANYTHING like it normally is, scenery and events change incredibly quickly with no pattern and they're very short. I never have a sense of self in them, I never see myself, I just see what my eyes are perceiving and that is at the whims of something else entirely.
The last dream I can remember I was face down sleeping in a cloudy pool, I "woke up" and began swimming around while everything outside of the pool might as well have not existed although I could "perceive" it's color it might as well have been a blur.
Then I began masturbating under the water in my dream but before I could understand why I was standing behind a building and then walking inside. The scenery changed again, I was walking along a high path dug into the side of a canyon as water rushed down the center, I felt the water overtake me but it didn't carry me away, rather it parted around me allowing me to stand still and breathe. I then entered some kind of shopping center, this change did not feel strange to me as I had already forgotten about the canyon. Other people were there and they were all nervous as people outside ran away from something. I grabbed a soda from one of the sides and began to drink it. The building began deteriorating quickly and people hastily evacuated. I just stood there until it collapsed and I woke up.
What did it mean? Why are my dreams so detatched from reality. I never talk to people in them, I lack the capacity to even imagine what anything feels like in them, I just walk around numb and see things
>>
I'm terrible at keeping a dream journal.
After I've written down my dream I'm usually too awake to fall asleep again for another hour, so usually I don't bother.
>>
>>24308398
You're just autistic
>>
>>24308139
>I literally forgot a t. It was a typing error, also known as a "typo."

If you *literally* forgot a 't', then it wasn't a typo, because typos are motoric failures (of either your hand or the typing device), and forgetfulness is mental. It was a cerebral error, a lapse of spelling memory.

If you use 'literally', then there's no excuse for semantic incongruence.
>>
File: file.png (9 KB, 284x115) Image search: [Google]
file.png
9 KB, 284x115
>>24308603
It's time to listen
>>
>>24308398
OP here. My NORMAL dreams are also along the lines of this. But when you become lucid, the dream becomes more vivid as you focus on your senses. Smell stuff, touch stuff, inhale, exhale, EAT etc etc.
>>
>>24308635
>autism speaks
avoid giving this organisation publicity, please
>>
I always get sleep paralysis when I try and lucid dream. I'm too scared to try again. Paralysis is scary.
>>
>>24307115
I smoke weed almost every day and have lucid dreams all the time. I don't know how I do it, I'll just be dreaming and all of a sudden I know I'm dreaming and just snap like oh I'm dreaming none of this is real.
>>
I lucid dream every single night, it's the only way I can get myself to sleep.
I lucid dream for a couple of hours when I wake up in the morning too... this morning I was lucid dreaming that Ronda Rousey was teaching me and this cunt I know how to fight UFC style... and when I "awoke" from the lucid dreaming my face ached and hurt in the exact places where I'd been hit in the dream.

I honestly could not live without lucid dreaming now. I can cantrol every aspect of my dreaming... it's when I get into a deep sleep that I start to lose control and shit just happens.
>>
>>24307006
I remember trying LD'ing long ago, got alot of fucking sleep paralysis which scared the shit out of me. But I got one Lucid Dream, lasted 4 seconds though.

Any tips?
>>
>>24309072
Just be yourself while dreaming, bro. Anyone can do it.
>>
>>24309244
What's funny is that this is actually what you're supposed to do.
>>
>>24309244
>>24309438
Usually if I do that I forget that I'm dreaming at all.

I did Reality Checks oftenly and done inducing Lucid dream methods which led to that one Lucidity. If I don't do that, I usually just have a normal dream without me even realizing it.

But even then, I gave up trying to LD.
Too much effort.
>>
>>24307006
i have maybe one dream a month and once i realize i'm dreaming i wake up

how the fuck do i dream???
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.