[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> suffer from extreme social anxiety and depression > tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: 78951548745.png (269 KB, 567x960) Image search: [Google]
78951548745.png
269 KB, 567x960
> suffer from extreme social anxiety and depression
> tried to kill myself, end up in hospital
> meet a girl there who got there for same reason. somehow, very easy to talk to each other
> start dating and instantly living together
> tfw cuddle with her after sex
> we then go and play video games or watch animes till 4 or 5 in the morning. Go to sleep together, cuddle up, wake up at 4pm.
> both call parents from time to time to tell them to send us more money
> added up, we get much more money / month from parents than we would if we were both working and getting slightly above minimum wage
> no job
> no studying, both dropped out twice
> living like this for almost 5 years now
> they gave up trying to tell us to find a job or get an education
> neither of us have went out alone or met up with anyone outside of family for 5 years now
> read books, cuddle, have sex, watch movies, play games, find new recipes and eat full meals everyday and much more
> our fathers pulled in some money together and bought us a small house that we will be able to move to in a few months

AMA
>>
>>24306664
i guess you're pretty lucky that your family are economically privileged enough to support the net drain that is your continued existence

it will eventually crumble, anon.
>>
>>24306664
nice story anon
i wish I had an imagination to make one like this
>>
I wish I had a NEET gf
>>
How did you mess up your suicide
>>
Ever stop and think "Wow, im a complete loser"

Also, how ugly is your gf?
>>
>>24306678
We are lucky. They simply do it now because we were both constantly cutting ourselves and a pain to deal with.
And since we met we stopped all of it completely, so they put all their money as life support

My dad owns a relatively successful company. Divorced with mother, but she also has a small bussiness and helps every month.
She only has a mother who is a doctor. Not afraid of it crumbling anytime soon.

>>24306694
Because I drank all the pills I could find mashed into a glass of water, pussied out after 2 seconds and called an ambulance.

>>24306696
We both thought that for 3 years, everyday. It was crippling. Now we just enjoy life. She also started getting some extra money from freelance 3d modeling, so there's some minor added income.

I was vain enough to post her pictures many times on /soc/ and poll the responses. Out of 74 replies, she was rated a 7.6/10 as an average.
>>
That's nice, OP. I sometimes wish I was messed up enough to end up in a hospital, as it might get me out of the rut I am in. Instead I just rot away. Too scared to live by myself. Never meeting anyone outside of family.

I'd like to be like you. I really think that finding one friend could cure all my problems.

I wish you all the happiness in the world.
>>
>>24306892
>I sometimes wish I was messed up enough to end up in a hospital, as it might get me out of the rut I am in. Instead I just rot away.

instead of being melodramatic you should think of entering an intensive outpatient or partial hospitalization program, they exist for situations exactly like this where the mentally ill need assistance reintegrating into society.
>>
>>24306764
>I was vain enough to post her pictures many times on /soc/ and poll the responses. Out of 74 replies, she was rated a 7.6/10 as an average.

post them again please
>>
>>24306764
>>constantly cutting ourselves

>>Now we just enjoy life

These don't add up, neeto.....
>>
>>24306664
Similar situation but much healthier, both have high paying part time jobs and not as Neet loser as you guys. Nice way to live still man. Get a job though you ass holes
>>
>>24306945
since they're now free to live without external societal pressures, the desire for self-harm has lessened, and since they're now embroiled in an unhealthy codependent relationship wherein the attention they both crave is currently being fulfilled, they have no desire for the act of cutting.
>>
I'll take things that never happened for 200, Alex.
>>
>>24306918
>instead of being melodramatic you should think of entering an intensive outpatient or partial hospitalization program
The only sort of thing that can motivate me is melodrama. When I'm heavily stressed is when I almost have the courage to enact some change. I know I should do what you suggest, but I'm too scared.
>>
You both sound very fat tbvh
>>
This is a nice tale, but it only works because you have rich parents supporting your cancerous and financially (and probably emotionally) draining existence; most of us don't have that luxury. You're just a failed normie.
>>
>>24306970
what are you afraid of? in a program like that you'll meet a lot of people you can identify with, you can even meet a friend who empathizes with your worldview and implicitly understands it. i know i met people like that. it's worth trying, anon.
>>
>>24306962
>embroiled in an unhealthy codependent relationship

Observe the normie wannabe psychiatrist: He sees two damaged people finding happiness, and wants to label it as a bad thing in some way.

having their "attention craving" fulfilled aka "finding a partner who is interested in and cares about you" is probably the most normal thing these two have done so far in life.
>>
So finding some chick and leeching off your parents made you stop cutting yourself? Kek
>>
>>24307020
relying on each other for emotional and existential validation only puts a temporary band-aid on their issues and the OP will be absolutely emotionally fucked if their relationship ever deteriorates
>>
>>24307007
>what are you afraid of?
generally interacting with people. talking to people about my issues or having family find out about them.
>>
>>24307049
well at the very least, everyone in the program will share similar issues to you, you could sit there for awhile and listen before you engage with anyone. these programs are less about group therapy and more about learning positive coping skills to deal with your issues. the family thing is difficult, i'd hope that they'd respect you taking a proactive approach to dealing with your issues, but mental health stigma can be tough to overcome.
>>
>>24307041
but he was already fucked. Maybe, just maybe, he'll heal a little. And maybe they'll manage some kind of relationship the rest of their lives? Maybe it won't be perfect (as few are), but it may be better than what they had before.

>relying on each other for emotional and existential validation
That's what literally every normal social person does.
>>
>>24306892
Go for what >>24306918 said. I sometimes regret doing what I did, since I could of simply walked in and asked to be hospitalized, considering I also had cut scars. Atleast where I needed up ,the doctors were so fucking good. They helped alot when it comes to self harm. Didn't help much with anything else tho.

>>24306953
I sorta wish I could, but every interview i've went to i've ran away from when at the door. Or trembled too hard during the interview, which probably was why I didn't get one. I do some basic construction for my dad a few hours every week or so, since he helped me alot and never asked anything in return, but I just can't force myself to do it full time and work for him.

>>24306993
If anything, i'm extremely udnerweight and a skeleton. She's below average for a girl her age and height.

>>24307026
Yep. More or less the case. That and therapy. Wish it helped more.

>>24307041
> relying on each other for emotional and existential validation only puts a temporary band-aid on their issues

That's something we talk about constantly and we know if we split up, we would rebound hard and would be in worse situation than we were before. So far so good, the relationship is extremely stable, but like you said, it feels like a bandaid on a bigger problem. BUT as a bandaid that it is, it fixed alot of other problems. Atleast now the emotions don't fester up, we can talk about everything and understand each other. My dad is more of a "here, takes this money buy something for yourself, just don't talk about it. Feel worse? Take more money". My mother is the same.

>>24307049
Hospitalization was great for me at that time. The group therapy was amazing, but I guess I was in the "mood" for it then. Now I can't force msyelf to continue therapy, because I keep telling myself "i'm fine, i'm cured, living a normal life right now", which is just shallow and unhealthy reasoning that will bite me in the long run.
>>
>be depressed like everyone else to no extreme degree, but exaggerated details make it seem so
>"cry for help" suicide attempt
>manipulates people who care about them so they can stay lazy
>reference self harm and pretend suicide to garner sympathy and monies
>AMA

What a piece of garbage. You are why people don't want to ask for help.
>>
>>24307061
thanks for your concern. I have at least considered going to some local-ish social anxiety meetups on meetup.com. But have not had the courage yet. (And at least those active there seem far more functional than me. Or they hide it well.)
>>
>>24307141
>And at least those active there seem far more functional than me. Or they hide it well.

think about it this way, at some point in time they could've been just like you. i was an agoraphobic shut-in for 2 years, it took a hospitalization and an iop program to really get me back into the world. you sound like a severe enough case to warrant a low constant dosage of benzodiazepines as well, those were key to getting me out there. you can eventually get to the point where you do not need them either.
>>
>>24306664
What's it like being a drain on your family and their finances? Being a waste of human space and having no other purpose aside from taking up air?

You disgust me, desu.
>>
>>24307141
Social anxiety meetups are fucking amazing. People are equally awkward as you, and most run away after a few minutes. But you can meet some interesting people there, even some qt girls. If anything you get to see how other people behave and feel when they have the same thing as you, puts things into perspective.

I remember when I first went to a meetup that some people on a local anxiety group organised, 9 out of 15 people didn't show up. Saw other 3 going up to us that either ran or just backpeddeled away, whcih also seemed a common thing. We had a relatively good time. Played some board games, had a picnic in the park. Didn't talk much, but it was a great social interaction. Once you see the other one is shaking and sweating as much as you do, the anxiety fades away abit, since you know that person is also nervous.
>>
File: 1398828823063.jpg (22 KB, 272x285) Image search: [Google]
1398828823063.jpg
22 KB, 272x285
Did you ever stop and think that you guys are selfish cunts?
>>
>>24306764
>7.6 on /soc/
That's simply average irl, /soc/ is a hugbox, specially for women too make them post nudes.

Don't you get bored OP? Doing the same thing every day for years would fucking kill me.

Also do you exercise?
>>
>>24307191
U SO FUCKIN MAD NORMIE WAGEKEK AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
well done op youre living my dream wish you all the best
>>
inb4 OP gets cvcked by Chad, his gf gets pumped and dumped and he is left to love a girl who has another man's semen on her face.
>>
>>24307165
I did try some self medication with benzos, I didn't try them daily due to scary tolerance and dependency warnings.
>don't self medicate warnings go here

>>24307199
Thanks, that's quite reassuring. If I had a meetup very close by I might even have walked near just in case I found the courage. Unfortunately the closest meetups require over an hours travelling so it's quite a commitment and anticipatory stress beforehand. (and the travelling itself being another stress)
>>
>>24307191
It was bad at first, but now I don't care much.
She has dreams and wants to earn money, to work and be useful. Like I said she already brings in some every month, and slowly builds up experience to work better.

I don't want that for some reason. I enjoy this kind of life. It's upsetting and I think about it alot. I wish I had dreams and soemthing to reach for like her.

The family doesn't feel it much. My dad didn't say a single thing about money or a job. My mother used to alot, but she gave up. Her mother is simply glad we are happy.

>>24307221
Yes. For a long time. That's why she's trying to change. I just pushed that feeling somewhere deep.

>>24307231
I know that's average. We both know we both are average.
I try to exercise now and am slowly gaining weight, since I was a huge skeleton and it was becoming a problem on my health. This is the only "normal" hobby besides reading that I do on a regular basis and enjoy doing.

>>24307270
Not sure what should become for it to happen ,but there's always a possability she could leave. There are no signs for now, but who knows.
Since i am an insecure person I used to read her messages and who she talks to. All of them were people o nthe other side of the planet and most were her friends from steam or mmos.
Neither of us have left to meet up with someone for 5 years outside of family. She didn't go anywhere alone for that long either, so it would be hard to cheat for now.
>>
>>24307303
>She has dreams and wants to earn money, to work and be useful.

she's gonna get a job and meet a normie and leave you while you sit at home and shitpost on r9k.
>>
>>24306664
I'll take bullshit for 500 alex
>>
>>24307264

>normie
>wagekek

Go kill yourself. Preferably right this second.
>>
>>24307299
You sure there are absolutely no groups in your area? I don't mean groups in the hospital, I ment groups that random people do. For me as an example, I joined two forums, one for depression, one specifically for anxiety. Both had overlapping members from different areas, both do groups. I don't live in the US so it's probably different there.

Its fucking hard at first I know that. And I myself ran away from 6 meetups, but you eventually build up the courage. And again, keep in mind there will be people who are equally or even more burdened by social anxiety there. There might be some who are better off, but those usually do their own private meetups eventually. It's better that way for them and for others.

Even if you take the journey and instantly go back on the bus, it's still a small step forward. Keep trying man, you'll do it.
>>
>>24306664
i give it another 2 1/2 to 3 weeks before she quits using the toilet. she's going to lie depressed in your bed, loudly shitting all over herself nonstop. if you say anything about it she'll say "anoooonnnn, i'm saaaaaaaad. bring me cupcakes." and then you'll say no and she'll say BRING ME CUPCAKES! RAPE! RAPE!!! and then she'll start calling the police and you'll have to buy her cupcakes, and this will go on constantly until you're both buried in her feces.
>>
>>24306664
so you're living like a knock off spoiled rich girl?
>>
>>24307360
I'm in the UK, a pretty rural area. The nearest city is over an hour. I suppose there might be groups closer in smaller towns, but I haven't been able to find them on the internet at least. I will definitely check out some more forums.

>Keep trying man, you'll do it.
Thanks, man.
>>
>>24307481
...also, as well as general fear, there is the specific feeling that people will probably dislike me or think I'm weird or unpleasant, even among those with SA. I guess that is intrinsic to this condition though. But it's a belief that's hard to shake.
>>
>>24306664
>conducts a non-lethal half-assed white girl suicide attempt
>finds a fellow attention seeking whore

oh and by the way
>any girl
>easy to talk to

I just want the normies to leave is all
>>
>>24307061
>>well at the very least, everyone in the program will share similar issues to you,
Absolutely untrue, everyone in any program like that will be a normalfag piece of shit like you and your whore most likely. I can't stand overprivileged cunts whining about trivial bulshit.
>>
>>24307876
> this much rage
> that wasn't even me who typed the message you replied to

cmon man, it's okay. Not everyone gets lucky. Maybe next time?

Whats your huge and unique problem that's holding you down in life?
>>
>>24307020
Hey, i'm glad they found happiness, but why rub our noses in the fact that they extort their parents to fund everything?
>>
>>24306664
Pure, undiluted, stinky bullshit.
Go be faggot somewhere else, OP.
>>
>>24308754
He seemed very humble about it, the debate between the virtues of employment vs. the freedom of NEET life is an important aspect of this board, he contributed his story. I'm happy for him as well, and I'm also jealous, as you seem to be, my jealousy just doesn't manifest as "hey, I'm going to play psychiatrist and try and make meaningful human interaction sound poisonous and evil just because they don't have jobs."

>>24308806
Don't listen to angry dumbasses, OP, I'd like to hear more about it all.
>>
File: slow clap.gif (634 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
slow clap.gif
634 KB, 500x460
>>24306664
Good for you. I hope you have a long, fulfilling, emotionally stable relationship that requires no real work on the part of you or your significant other.

Enjoy your life without struggle or pain.

:^)
>>
>>24306664
fuck I cant believe how privileged some of you are
>>
>>24308754
in these parts it counts as a pretty good success story. I don't have rich parents but I can at least be inspired by him meeting some girl and living together. We may not be as lucky as him, but I don't see him rubbing our noses in it. He's just telling his story.

this place is full of NEETs living off somebody or other. These NEETs found happiness. Wish I could.
>>
>>24306993
Tbh my cock is very fatty and I wanna shove it in ur numbum senpai kek senpai kek senpai kek senpai kek
>>
>>24308992
If I had any sort of an income I'd be happy forever.
>>
>>24307099
>we would rebound hard
How naive. She would rebound, you would go back to masturbating.
>>
>>24307099
yeah wasn't being a dick but your life will only improve if you both start working. It will probably add consisancy and strength to your relationship too, it'd be a shame to lose someone due to mental / fiscal stress that you connect so well with. I'm gussing because you'r posting on 4chan about your situation that you need to get something off of your chest? what do you want to tell US?
>>
Why are you living away from your parents if you don't have a job or go to school? On top of knowing you tried to commit suicide. This story has to be bullshit.
>>
>>24308992
I'm in a similar situation with a girl I love to death but we both work hard and it feels good getting in from work at night at the same time and enjoying the de-stress time together, feels good.

OP I am jealous of your parents wealth but glad you found happyness in the neet life, I hope for you it is something you can move on from and develop as a person
>>
File: 1445951430527.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1445951430527.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
>>24306664
None of this is true.
>>
>>24309150
>If I had any sort of an income I'd be happy forever.
I used to think that... It seemed to be the goal in life that would give me independence and establish me as an adult. Then I achieved a small income. And the feels of being a worthless NEET were replaced with feels of being a friendless kv loser who is scared of people and is getting older and older. I would certainly be unhappier without the income, though.

but I hope you find an income and that does give you happiness, Anon.
>>
>>24306664
Hats off to your parents. I'm well enough off through inheritance that my children won't have to work either. Be grateful for this.
>>
I always wanted to go into one of those asylum places for a little while, might meet someone who understands
>>
>>24309797
Well, I won't, I'm in a shit country that's completely hopeless and I have no connections or prospects whatsoever, there is no escape and there is no future.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.