[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those of you with depression, how do you deal with it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 418x352) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 418x352
After a year with no breakdowns, I feel like shit again. How the fuck do I get out of this spiralling mess? Tell me robots, what do you do to get over depression.
>>
File: 1445510062378.jpg (61 KB, 960x616) Image search: [Google]
1445510062378.jpg
61 KB, 960x616
>>24305114
You don't.
>kill yourself and take people with you
>>
i was born this way there is nothing i can do
>>
Medication and exercise. I lift 3x a week and run 3x a week. My once a week off days are unbearably depressing though. I usually just watch movies to distract myself.

>tfw medication tolerance is increasing
>tfw my lifts are stalling
>>
>>24305206

Worst part is there really isn't much wrong with my life. I even have a girl that's interested in me but we're on a break because I have uni exams and also because we've been talking non stop for a month so we need time apart. She made me forget the shit feelings but because she's not there now and I have nothing to do the whole day but study and everything just seems 10 times worse. Can't even tell her about it because she'll probably freak out and I'll lose her forever.
>>
exercise and take B vitamins senpai
>>
I've been living with chronic depression longer than not. I don't remember what it's like not to be.
>>
>>24305114
Depends on the nature of the depression. I normally see 3 different forms.

>Normie depression
You are in a life rut, and need to change your shit and make some hard but necessary choices. Maybe something bad happened and you are grieving and need to move on. Change your friends, or get some; change your lifestyle, take care of yourself, get some basic counseling or help.

>Existential Depression
Real depression. Your entire existence is darkened by a nameless, seemingly causeless void. The Knowledge that the cosmic void will take you, and all you have ever known, or will know into the abyss. Nothing means anything.

I don't know what to do about this one, but I'm looking to go on a vision quest to see if I can reach as state where I come to terms with it.

>Both
RIP.

Seriously though, if you have real depression, unless you have a fungal infection and need to get yourself some anti-fungals and probiotics to deal with your shit gut flora/fauna you are pretty much fucked if you think you can "get over it", there isn't a "reason", save for traumas.

You don't "get over it", you deal with it until you die. You got dealt a shit card, you might be lucky and will respond to the treatments available to you. Or you might react badly and be double fucked for life.

I choose vision quest.
>>
File: ZxsdPDc62VYHvWq0xzObqs9i_dreamt.jpg (145 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
ZxsdPDc62VYHvWq0xzObqs9i_dreamt.jpg
145 KB, 600x421
Chamomile... tea and smoked
St. John's Wort... tea, smoked and eaten
Passionflower... tea(more for anxiety and insomnia)
Licorice Root... tea
Kava Kava Root... brewed into an elixir
>>
>>24305622
note*
you cant overdose on these but i recommend you try

also vitamin B
>>
Look up the relationship of magnesium deficiency and depression.
>>
>>24305274
>but we're on a break

WEW
>>
>>24305114
>Change of scenery
I was feeling down before so I went for a walk. Feel better now. Also don't dwell on the negatives, push it right out of your mind.
>>
>>24305114
Why do you not want to be depressed? Its a lot more painful once your out of it and you eventually come back in. Can't you see its pointless?
>>
>no drive to do anything
>all the escapist things i enjoyed no longer bring me happiness, they feel like a chore instead
>can barely wake up in the morning

That's not depression is it? I've been through such rollercoasters since my teens but they tend to get worse and worse as I grow older. I'm also scared to go see a doctor cause everyone will think I'm crazy (not murrifat btw).
>>
File: 200.gif (34 KB, 491x243) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
34 KB, 491x243
>>24305723
no thats just the result of not having a dream
>>
I got prescribed Lexapro for exam season, took it for ~2 months. I stopped because I wasn't feeling any different and it threw me even further down the spiral. Too scared to start taking it again, because when you first get on it it enhances suicidal thoughts, and I already think about killing myself 80% of the day.
>>
>>24305414
I swear I can tell the difference between 5000 iu and 10000 iu per day, and all the reasonable sciences say that going beyond 1000 per day is useless. But I swear, on those winter days I just need to take 10000 iu per day or over time I start to feel more depressed.
>>
I started taking estrogen. I feel bretty gud now.
>>
>>24305274
Im like exact opposite of you - no one is interested in me, my only friend stopped talking to me, I have fucking lot of undone work, I look like shit, my body is weak.. but I'm happy like very happy sometimes I just start to smiling out of nowhere.
>>
I do long tedious activities. Playing certain games like mmos and monster hunter and the like, building models, painting miniatures, dusting everyday, anything like that.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.