[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /diagnosedwithschizophrenia/ here? I've been recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1
who /diagnosedwithschizophrenia/ here?
I've been recently diagnosed though I suspected it was coming for years now, since my mother and brother both have it.

what do I do with my life now?
will I ever be able to do anything meaningful?
how do you get on with YOUR life? what symptoms brought you to onset?

sz general.
>>
My bro was diagnosed
>Grieved
>Went to therapy
>Now back to school
Yeah, its not that bad. He went to be a neet 5 years.
Any question about his life?
>>
>>24300519
what symptoms did he first start showing?
did he notice the symptoms or did you/your family notice first?

is he doing okay in school?
>>
>>24300444

In my professional opinion, those are some nice double trips
>>
>>24300444
what's an average day for you? mindset, what you do etc
>>
Get something like Seroquel. Yeah it will numb you a bit and probably cause you to be too lazy to exercise and have high blood sugar, but it's probably the best at making someone functional.
>>
>>24300444

Are you smoking pot nearly daily? There's tons of misdiagnoses with drug induced psychoses that aren't actually schizophrenia that could be eliminated with sobriety.

Tons of young males especially go through this process because you need a diagnosis to get on antipsychotics for hallucinations and thought disorders (that might be drug induced rather than intrinsic)
>>
>>24300584

Seroquels usually not very effective with schizophrenia, it's more for people with Bipolar 1.
>>
>>24300551
Well he was in engineering then had severe depression, he dropped out and almost stopped living.
Then he was a neet for a years, scared to go grocery shopping, severe anxiety. Then he started disconnecting from the world. He would have grandiose though ( King of the world, he can see the string of every life and he have to kill some for the greater good..) Also he was seeing rat ( there wasnt any). He never noticed that it was weird. I brought him to the hospital ( he was so out of it, he never knew where we were going). Then it took a lot of times for him to understand that he had problem.
He was diagnosed once, loony bin for a week, then he stopped taking meds, and went back in.

So I notices syptom first, I was living with him.

Hes going back to school in accounting. No doubt he will do great.
>>
>>24300444
Can't you just like pretend you aren't seeing cute animals commanding you to kill?
>>
>>24300558
thanks for chexin, brahh

>>24300573
I don't sleep for more than 3 hours at a time because I'm paranoid I will miss something. I have extremely vivid and detailed dreams every night that leave me shaken and disoriented every morning. last night I had two, in the first I was a cop-detective-gone-serial-murderer and in the end I set my own house on fire and let myself die inside. in the second dream, there was a ghost wandering the neighborhood that would instantly kill you if you saw it in a mirror. most of my neighborhood was dead including all of my family.

things with patterns shift and wave, like patterned carpets, grates, or woven material. I get a lot of auditory hallucinations that are repetitive sounds, like beeping, ticking, or rhythmic rounded sounds like a washing machine. they go away if I try to listen to them intently, but for the most part they are omnipresent and really annoying.

there are two voices. one is young and rebellious and the other is old and strict and berates me. they argue a lot and mostly exist together without harassing me too much.

I'm constantly depressed, haven't kept a job or a place of my own for three years, and get massive panic attacks at least once a month. I've been hospitalized twice this year.

I like to take time to cook myself a nice meal in the morning but usually lose stamina after that. I nap midday every day. I always have music or noise playing to drown out the ticking/beeping sounds.

sorry for the rant, I kind of needed to get this shit out.
>>
>>24300747
Not OP, well I can but the grand jury wont allow me to disconnect from the machine, you see I know where they put the mic but I cant just pretend to not speak into it. Its fun but somehow stay still know where to put it. I'll just ask the clerck to remove the mic.

You can try to pretend, but you speak gibberish, but in your head it all make sense.
>>
>>24300816
>You can try to pretend, but you speak gibberish, but in your head it all make sense.
this so hard
typing is different usually because you have time to edit your mistakes, but speaking in real life is extremely difficult and I often end up with word salad or weird neologisms.

>>24300747
I don't see cute animals commanding me to kill
I see rainbow-colored bugs, shadow people, stuff moving and shifting when it's not really, and sometimes things on fire or other bad things.

>>24300696
so he didn't notice they were weird?
I feel like schizophrenia might come in shades, because I definitely recognize the hallucinations for being just that.
I'm glad he's getting his life back on track. it gives me hope.

>>24300632
I'm not smoking pot at all.
>>
>>24300816
What type of visions do you have?
>>24300900
>I often end up with word salad or weird neologisms.
Have you tried taking a few seconds so you can collect your thoughts before you speak? Also what do people say when you talk to them?
>other bad things
Anything violent?
>>
>>24301002
>taking a few seconds so you can collect your thoughts
there's really no collecting these thoughts. if I wait too long, they'll disappear.
people often ask what I mean and I'll just ignore their questions or say something like, "yeah, that's what I meant," just to avoid having to talk about it.
usually I don't talk to people outside my family and one best friend, though.
>Anything violent?
all the time. I have bad closed-eye visuals, seeing things behind your eyelids clear as if your eyes were open, and they're often extremely gory and disturbing images.
sometimes I'll feel myself step in something wet and look down and it appears to be a puddle of blood, but if I flip out and then look back, it's gone.
>>
>>24300900
I lived with an appartement with my brother. He woke me up at 4am to talk to me about his string theory ( he can see the life string of everyone and he must do stuff or else people will get hurt...) So I brought him to my parent house the morning, my mom instantly saw that he wasnt alright. Talking gibberish a whole hour, my mom just stood there in disbelief. So I took the car and brought him to the emergency to get diagnosed. He doesnt even remember that I brought him to the hospital.

Yeah, its real interesting, there are positive symptom(seeing stuff) and negative symptom ( depression). The depression is the hardest part of the illness. People think you'll shoot the place, but its way worst. Its just like a long depression that wont go away.

>>24301002
I'm not schizo, Its the experience I have from my bro.
>>
>>24300758
Have you tried lucid dreaming? Maybe it will help you snap back to reality while awake.
>>
>>24301139
Same guy.
So OP, take time to heal, get better.
Do what you love, take time for yourself.
We supported my brother through out his depression. We went to group therapy, met a lot of friends and now have a girlfriend that he met from therapy. He never been happier in his life. Hes 27 and going back to school. Its never too late.
Learn to deal with the depression.
Trust your physician, take your meds.
Try to do some exercices, also meditation help tremendously.
>>
>>24301265
I've tried it but have never been able to get it to work.

>>24301139
that's crazy. I've never experienced something quite so removed from reality, but my symptoms are as of right now only getting worse and worse, so it's not out of the question.
I've had depression constantly since 10 years now, so I understand how hard that is. I've been on every AD my doc can think of. now with a new diagnosis I might be able to get meds that work better...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6YE6BJVwtg

Give meditation a shot, it help depression, schizo and every other aspect of your mental health. Like the most difficult part, accepting to live with it.
http://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/practicing-mindfulness-an-introduction-to-meditation.html?pfm=BestSellers&pos=5
I highly recommend this course.
Find it on TPB.
>>
>>24301100
>I have bad closed-eye visuals, seeing things behind your eyelids clear as if your eyes were open
When you close just one eye, you aren't supposed to see anything out of it. Have you tried that before?
>often extremely gory and disturbing images
Do you entertain yourself with violent stuff?
>>
>>24301504
I like sifting through btfo/gore threads esp on /gif/, they had a good one today with lots of jihadi explosions

for what purpose am I going to be closing just one eye? for sleep, walking around, what?
>>
>>24300444
I've been diagnosed schizophrenic, though it's a lot milder than what most people have.

Schizophrenia, and other psychotic disorders, come in a sort of spectrum, at least according to my psychiatrist. For some people, like me, it's mild. For others, it's extreme.

Anyways, in terms and my experiences with it, I'll greentext to try and shorten it up

>15-18 (or so): delusions that aliens and otherworldly beings are constantly watching me, especially at night
>in constant fear that they are going to kill me or take me and just plain don't like them watching me
>end up having to sleep with all the windows in the house covered, my bedroom door locked, and a light on in my room.
>also couldn't sleep near a window
>lost a lot of sleep because of this

>21-present
>start seeing shadow people, hallucinating, and hearing voices last winter
>not too bad, but still worrying
>the hallucinations, except for the shadow people and voices were all attributed to HPPD (look it up)
>still pretty mild, though slightly increased as time passed
>continued for ~6 months
>doc officially diagnoses me as schizophrenic since one criteria is mild symptoms that persist for 6 or months, as they did in my case
>voices were initially gibberish but now are more structured
>they're actually more like an internal voice (like the one you think in), but different from my own and when they speak up, they interrupt my normal thought train/process
>there's quite a few voices and it seems like a 50/50 mixture of male and female
>they never tell me to do anything, they just say stuff, though sometimes they'll help when I'm trying to think of a solution to a problem
>still see shadow people, like all black figures wearing robes, faceless, almost shapeless, you get the picture
>not taking meds because all schizo meds are contraindicated for HPPD (again, look it up)

I've also been diagnosed with major depressive disorder, panic disorder, and HPPD.
>>
>>24301804
>I've also been diagnosed with major depressive disorder, panic disorder, and HPPD.
I've also been diagnosed with major depressive disorder and PTSD.
the depression and anxiety are symptoms of the schizophrenia.
I've never had delusions, as far as I'm aware, thank god.
you should try to get your diagnosis of hppd taken off because all the symptoms therein are explained by sz. have you had experience with heavy hallucinogenic use in the past? I have, which probably helped with the earlier onset, but I've had symptoms developing since age 13 so I don't think it was "latent" sz triggered by drugs.
>>
>>24301586
I think he meant that if you close one eye do you still see visions of gore?
>>
>>24303278
no, I don't. but the thing is I'm usually trying to sleep when I close my eyes and get the visuals, so opening one eye is really sort of not helping my goal of getting the fuck to sleep.

I don't mean to snap. but I only get the closed-eye visuals when I've got both closed and usually when I'm tired. it doesn't happen every split second I blink.
>>
>>24300444
look into this guy's stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPfKc-TknWU
>>
stop eating wheat and start taking high doses of B vitamins

not saying it will cure it but it helped my depression and anxiety
>>
>diagnosed with 'Schizophrenia'
>Had been diving into occult ritual and religious meditation headfirst for months whilst smoking weed
>From my perspective, wizard level 1 achieved, speaking soul
>docs been harassing me for years for something that I have since realised was latent in my makeup
>Literally in hospital at this very moment and have been since July for missing medication by four fucking days
>My own fault for the long stay though, punched out one patient for stealing from me, punched out a nurse for throwing me around, went AWOL numerous times
>DGAF, if you had the mystical insight I've managed to cultivate within the self you'd DGAF also.
>tfw can teleport
>>
My bro's girlfriend got diagnozed 2 years ago. They lived together, but she went to study to another country, but her real plan was to leave him, take his money, and mooch another guy at her new place, it didn't work, now she's a prostitute, with no moneis and no medication.

Now my bro is dating like 3 girls, 2 of them want to be in poly relationship with him at the same time, He's so cash, new life.

I got the cray girl's top notch gaming computer for free, with a wacom tablet. My bro's the best.
>>
>>24304343
this shit is insulting, please don't shitpost in my sz thread, thou faghat anon.

>>24304620
>abusing the insane
karma will shit in your mouth one day, son
if it's real
>>
>>24301418
dumbest video ever dude

this dumbing down of science causes harm
>they're inner worlds are mixing with their outside worlds
wow! who would have thought! science is so crazy man

>there is a "switch" in the brain
hmm yes we are all a series of switches thanks science man

seriously though if anyone like this guy mentions meditation it's a huge red flag, disregard everything they say. meditation is already bad enough I think it could really hurt someone already struggling with reality.
>>
>>24305092
there is no such thing as karma
>>
>>24301804
What did you take to give you HPPD? For about 3 months or so I thought I had HPPD from a traumatic LSD experience (constant state of panic due to uncomfortable tactile hallucination) until I kind of got it under control. It's been about 10 months since that experience now and I think I'm ok
>>
>>24300444
I'm diagnosed schizo, and some of the shit that I have is creepily similar to >>24301804

I see shadow people too. Pretty much as that anon describes them. They don't really do anything, just sorta hang out. I think they won't mess with me if I don't mess with them.
I hear a murmuring crowd of voices. I can't really make out any words, though I get the sense that they're talking about me.

I also see huge fucking spiders that keep trying to rush towards me and bite me. Sometimes I can't get to sleep because I'll feel something crawling around in there with me.
I'm sometimes able to make them go away. I know for an absolute fact that there are no dangerous spiders in my country. There's only one species of spider we have that bites and they aren't deadly. The spiders I see are not that type. I keep trying to remind myself of this whenever I see them.
Sometimes the facts don't work and I end up frantically trying to kill them before they kill me - punching, slapping, using a shoe, etc. Of course, nothing is there when I hit them. I've broken quite a few things because of this.

I'm also not taking my medication. I'm supposed to be on Amisulpride. Really makes me feel like a zombie, yet at the same time it makes me unable to focus on anything. If i take it, I can't even sit through a single episode of anime, or play a video game for any period of time. I've also had bad reactions to some medicines in the past. One made me literally pass out. Another made my tongue go numb. I forget the names.
Doesn't help that I've got crohn's disease, too. I have to take several tablets per day plus an injection every 2 weeks just for that. No fucking way am I having a shitbag.

The past year and a half for me has just been a blur of medicine, therapy and doctor's appointments.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyL0jjI93OI
>>
>>24301804
>>15-18 (or so): delusions that aliens and otherworldly beings are constantly watching me, especially at night
this so much
how do I make it stop
they're watching me now
if I sleep at night it keeps me up
voices too
but if I sleep during the day I am up at night and see it watching me
I don't know what to do
>>
>>24305752
Wow, you're the special kind of retard.
Did you even read the paper?
Of course not, you're dumb as a brick.

>meditation can hurt guys!
You're stupidity is way more hurtful than science backed meditation.
>>
>>24305938
>you're stupidity
>>
>>24305947
Could be worst, I could be a retard who doesn't understand science.
>>
>>24305982
>could be worst

Also
>meditation
>science
>>
>>24305938
>>24305982
dude meditate a little and calm down
let that enlightened calm flow through you, tap into that deep ancient knowledge
>>
>>24305988
>Science backed
>Hurr it's not a science
No one said it was, retard.
>>
>>24306009
oh god making you mad is too easy
>>
>>24306042
>I was only pretending to be a retard guys!
>No bully, pls.
>>
>>24306057
personally I can stand behind everything I wrote (you started responding to another guy in case you couldn't figure that out by the post times)

with that level of defensiveness you must have spent quite a bit of time sitting doing nothing convincing yourself it was self improvement.(turns out you were really just sitting doing nothing)

but yeah you're right telling people with disordered minds to retreat into their thoughts is probably the right thing to do.(this is sarcasm)
>>
>>24306202
>Neuro scientist produce paper that show meditation help schizo
>Anon disagree because he doesnt like it
Wow great argument fagtron, you sure convinced me with those hot opinions
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.