[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have ten seconds to explain why you don't ride a motorcycle.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10
File: geeky_motorcycle_suit_3[1].jpg (67 KB, 450x374) Image search: [Google]
geeky_motorcycle_suit_3[1].jpg
67 KB, 450x374
You have ten seconds to explain why you don't ride a motorcycle. Protip: you can't.

>fast
>cool
>fuel efficient
>great way to relax and have fun
>don't need to give a single fuck about anything else while riding
>if you die, you went out doing something fun
>>
Seriously, robots, motorcycles would be perfect for you. You get to go outside, have fun, and attract women.
>>
File: 1434250968593.jpg (256 KB, 2400x1467) Image search: [Google]
1434250968593.jpg
256 KB, 2400x1467
>>24299630

Attention deficit teenage girls with cell phones operating 3 tons of moving steel
>>
you again. I don't like you.

anyway a motorcycle isn't very useful when you get six inches of snow, which happens where I live
>>
because this doesn't look fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qicjDdBGZGA&t=2m35s
>>
>>24299630

>implying I haven't been riding my whole life

I need a new bike soon though. My valves are starting to fuck up and it's not worth the money to fix
>>
>>24299757
>not fixing them yourself

What kind of bike do you have?
>>
>>24299748

Car wrecks aren't fun either? poor excuse
>>
>>24299705
ive been depressed as fuck and i dont think ive laughed for a week
thanks m80
>>
>>24299779

vfr 800. I would have to take apart the whole motor and reforge the pistons.
>>
>Be 19
>Parents have never really been controlling
>Have gone against the wishes of my dad or mom on past occasions
>Both of them agree (they don't live together nor talk to each other) that they don't want me to get a motorcycle
>Dads friend is paraplegic because of it
>They make up roughly 2% of the road population but about 20% of the fatalities

but you know i wanna be cool
>>
>>24299830
... why would you have to do either of those to adjust the valves?
>>
Motorcycles are cool but they get stolen where I live so I don't bother. Also too poor for a house with a garage that closes so that's not really a defense option. And a close friend was seriously hurt by some chick break checking him on the highway so that's put me off them a bit.

I'm saving up for an el camino
>>
>>24299861
Get a dirt bike.

>>24299876
This is also an issue. Fortunately I have a secure place to park mine and I don't park it anywhere else overnight unless I'm going to be there with it.
>>
File: 1446943643052.jpg (237 KB, 720x1223) Image search: [Google]
1446943643052.jpg
237 KB, 720x1223
I really want to get a duelsport bike but
>I live somewhere it snows
This is literally my only problem besides not having much capacity to carry things.
>>
>>24299862

m8 I dont know what I'm talking about the motor makes a funny noise at a certain rpm so I took it to my mechanic. he said I would need to take the whole shit apart and reforge. The valves timing is fucked up and it has damaged the piston. I am probably just explaining this poorly because I don't understand it well but two different mechanics told me the same shit
>>
>>24299876

My bikes get stolen but the insurance has always given us more than its worth.
>>
>>24299972
Oh, OK.

If the valves are indeed contacting the pistons, you're lucky the motor hasn't blown something already.
>>
File: 1446004221499.png (270 KB, 322x321) Image search: [Google]
1446004221499.png
270 KB, 322x321
>>24299995
>insurance
Oh, look out guys, we got a big shot over here
>>
>>24299677

>attracts girls

I've been riding for 10 years and I'm still a virgin.
>>
>>24299803

Wasn't trying to be funny with my comment, but glad to help
>>
>>24299861

Bear in mind that most of those fatalities are idiots who buy a super sport to do wheelies on with no helmet. If you ride like a normal person and wear the gear you're not very likely to die.
>>
>>24299934
There are kits that allow you to put snowmobile tracks on dirt bikes. You should look into them.

>>24300202
>ride to some small town in the middle of nowhere
>go to restaurant
>fuck the waitress
>>
>>24300260
Exactly, you need to do wheelies WITH a helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc-J53XKF_k
>>
I'm planning on getting my motorcycle license this spring.
>>
>>24300283

You think if I were that alpha I'd be on here posting sad frogs?
>>
File: accident.jpg (70 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
accident.jpg
70 KB, 550x413
>if you die, you went out doing something fun
or I could do something else that is fun and not die
>>
>>24300360
fun is relative
>>
>>24300360
He'd have been fine if he was wearing a helmet.
>>
>>24300349
That's why you go to a small town. You're a cool stranger on a motorcycle in her (probably) small world.
>>
>>24300409
that picture is probably fake anyway. I don't think he'll still have eyes if his face got fucked that badly.
>>
>>24300360

How is he still able to breathe?
>>
>>24299630
failed the test because i have no motor coordination
>>
My Mom won't let me.
>>
>>24299748
What can you expect if you ride on the wrong side of the fucking road?
>>
the only downside of a motorcycle is the fact that you can't park somewhere and fuck a girl in one like you can with a car
>>
>Be only kid in my highschool with a motorcycle
>Someone else buys one
>Oh sick we should ride together
>He dies within a month
>back to the only kid at my school with a bike until I graduate

Fast forward to college
>Meet up with 2 bros from highschool who now own bikes in college
>Ride and shit
>Both crash within 6 months, one of them in the hospital for months and had to have 40+ surgeries

My biker friends don't last very long
>>
>>24300645
and you can't really carry anything bigger than a backpack
>>
>>24299630
I've been riding two years, actually got laid from it ONCE, but i'd say that was the stars aligning. Dont expect bikes to attract women. Great excuse to spend hours alone, and sometimes people like to talk about it with you.
>>
>>24300645
But you can bend them over it so they'll have something to hold onto when you rail them.
>tfw when I'll never do that.
>>
>>24299630
my neighbor is paralyzed full body because of a crash, so I just never wanted one because I grew up seeing him all the time

also most cyclists are super smug about it, and it rubs me the wrong way
>>
File: 7sMx1DJs (1).jpg (2 KB, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
7sMx1DJs (1).jpg
2 KB, 90x90
I do ride anon. Well, I used to. I had a crash last week because I hit an oil spot on a hairpin the day after our first big rain. I've been dealing with some serious Insomnia issues and I've been so sleep deprived that even driving a car is hard because I can't focus so I'm taking a break from riding. I need to take a break from life t b h f a m, it's a shame I'm an ATTGATT rider as I've never been injured in the multiple crashes I've had. Hopefully when I get back into riding I might have a big crash, I drag knee in the mountains the majority of the time and do two track days a month so I have plenty of opportunity for death but I'm just too tired right now.
>>
File: zratnaqs.jpg (3 KB, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
zratnaqs.jpg
3 KB, 90x90
>>24301481
Damn picture for ants, here is my last pair of sliders. I use Woodcraft now since they last way longer than A*.
>>
>>24299630
I don't have a driver's license
>>
>>24299803
why havent you out grown depression yet? you know you have to be over 18 to be here right? actually acknoledging depression means you dont have it and you are just a lazy fuck that refuses to change. its litterally that easy you cu.ck.
>>
File: ending of my touge.jpg (2 MB, 1959x1469) Image search: [Google]
ending of my touge.jpg
2 MB, 1959x1469
>>24301481
>>24301528
Twice in a row. I seriously need to sleep.
>>
>>24300735
okay nigger. be afraid of life. you totally wont regret staying in your home all day and not taking risks in life.
>>
File: happened again.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
happened again.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>24301481
I should also note that crashing is often the only time I still feel alive these days. Motorcycles are great but they wont fix your problems my friends.
>>
>>24299630
Owned one just after high school. Found it to be an over-rated experience.
>>
i crashed my motorcycle, but i did't die and it costed me a lot of fuckin money on bandages and antibiotics. I'm covered in some pretty bad looking scars
>>
>>24299705
>3 tons
>what
>>
>>24299630
Or I could die and end up paralyzed or even brain damaged. But hey it's worth it cuz I was making fun time and being a naughty boy with girls. Anything for girls, right normie?
>>
>>24299630
I'm obese and can't afford one.
>>
>>24300283
I guess my other problem is money senpai.
Where could I even get a loan for like 3k to buy a used duelsport?
I cant afford anything fancier

>tfw I will never ride innawoods with my guns in my bags then go shooting.
>>
File: 1447300820516.jpg (48 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1447300820516.jpg
48 KB, 720x540
>>24301718
>crashing
I feel like crashing only happens to speedjunky teenage faggots on their super highspeed crotch rocket

I doubt Im gonna lay down my doing sport going 20 down a dirt road.
>>
>>24302327
You couldn't be more of a retard. Dual Sports were literally made to wreck because it happens so often. Not only that, but most crashes aren't even caused by some rider acting like a sanic autist. Stay ignorant though, since you're on a dual sport you won't even need riding gear. I'm sure you'll be fine with just a hoody and jeans.
>>
>>24302327
The problem is that you can literally die from being hit by some retarded soccer mom pulling out of the parking lot.
>>
>>24299677
Don't forget about committing suicide while endangering lots of other people
>>
>>24302483

>endangering other people

m8 go find a couple pics of bikes hitting cars. The cars are always fine. They don't endanger anyone but themselves
>>
>>24299630
>Snow
And lots of it
4 wheels and ice is shit
2 wheels and ice cold shitty deathrap
>>
Been riding for years, but yeah if you're a fuck wit don't buy one
>22 times more likely to die
>77% of fatal car vs bike crashes have shown the bike to be completely not at fault
>placing your life in the hands of a soccer mom's SUV is not always a good feel
>still worth though
>>
I actually had one in the past.

>getting around in the city is so much easier, especially parking
>feel like a king
>girls be mirin

BUT
>car drivers are mad as fuck and will be massive dicks, making it as hard as they can for you
>truck drivers don't give a shit about you, don't acknowledge your existence and every time you pass one you fear for your life
>wearing safety gear will get old pretty fast, better get that buzzcut going if you don't want your hair sweaty and smelly
>accidents are likely to leave you crippled and without legs, which is a fate worse than death

If I lived countryside I'd still ride, but in the city there's just too much traffic to make it enjoyable for me.
>>
>>24299995

I paid $2800 for my bike via Craigslist but the msrp on my registration says $5986. I'm guessing that's how much I'm gonna get back from my insurance if my shit gets stolen lmao
>>
I'm genuinely excited for the whole self driving cars thing.

Imagine the streets being 100% safe for bikers.
>>
>>24299630
>Can't carry groceries or any large amount of cargo
>can't go out in bad weather without ruining your shitty leather jacket
>super loud, everyone thinks you're a fag
>way more likely to die

basically if you don't have a tesla you're failing miserably
>>
>>24302808

Note that your problems with car and truck drivers only apply if you're in the US. European drivers are sane and actually care about not hitting bikers. They'll also move out of the way for you if you want to filter in stopped traffic.
>>
Any faggot on here mentioning "death" and "die" are inexperienced and have never ridden a motorcycle before.
>>
>>24302914

A top box and panniers will get you a lot of luggage space. More than enough for groceries unless you eat 30 pizzas a day.
>>
>>24302936
I live in central europe and I made the opposite experience. I had people opening their car doors so I can't pass them. And that's not even as bad as southern europe were people are literally out for themselves and crush you if you get in their way. There's a reason smarts replaced vespas in rome.
>>
Bikers are normie scum
>>
>>24303009
>>I live in central europe and I made the opposite experience. I had people opening their car doors so I can't pass them.
Eastern Europe here, same.
>>
>>24302914
>can park anywhere
>can lane split
>cheaper maintenance
>easier to work
>better mpg
>>
>>24299630
Too fat
6' 445lbs
Seat on any bike would disappear into my ass crack
Not sure any bike is even rated to my weight
I exceed the maximum weight limit in my Mom's Miata
I sit in the bed of my Dad's truck if I need to go anywhere
I am not some fat fuck, I have a genetic problem that causes my obesity
I would love to ride a bike, I can't even imagine that kind of freedom
>>
>>24303009

That's interesting. In the UK I hardly ever have problems with car drivers. I've ridden my bike through Paris and Rome and didn't have any problems, but Rome was only for a short time and not to the centre.

Italian drivers are a bit crazy but I got the impression they were more impatient that trying to harm me (like doing stupid overtakes in built up areas at double the limit).
>>
>>24303126
>I am not some fat fuck, I have a genetic problem that causes my obesity
kek
>the laws of physics dont apply to me
sure thing fatty
>>
>>24303126
There are fatter guys on bikes dude. You probably need a rather big cruiser though, sport bikes are usually made for manlets. Plus fat guys look good on cruisers.
>>
>>24300645
and if you wear gear it takes you longer to get dressed and go than just getting in a car

and you have to be hypervigilant to not die unlike a car

and weather too fuck riding if its raining/snowing/below 40F

if you're wearing gear most motorcycle crashes just end up in broken bones and sometimes road rash nowadays

and that's why i still have a shitbox car aside from my bike
>>
>>24302881
Time to get hektik

Never knew I could trip here ;)
>>
>>24303313
What people don't understand that a bike is just a lifestyle toy, made for people of a certain income. If you can't afford a house with a garage, and a good car and a good bike, you're not meant to have one. Keking yourself and spending all the shit on a bike if you don't have this first, will fuck you over in the long run.

I mean, do people not understand that they live in a world with prepackaged lifestyles? It's like a RPG class/levels, you pick and choose and get locked into a class depending on how much money/XP you have.
>>
>>24302881

Eventually everyone will have self driving cars and motorbikes will be outlawed for "safety".
>>
>>24299630
i already do

just got a second bike too
>>
>>24299630
>What if I told you people have differing opinions
I've ridden one and it gives me fucking anxiety
[Spoiler]Protip: I can[/Spoiler]
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.