[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Trying to get fit and turn life around >Go to grocery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1386666832938.jpg (65 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1386666832938.jpg
65 KB, 633x758
>Trying to get fit and turn life around
>Go to grocery store
>Blueberries $4.50/lb
>Fresh Chicken $7.99/lb
>Almonds $10.99/lb
>Quinona $4.00/lb

how the fuck are you supposed to get healthy if you're a poorfag?

At least you don't go broke on Mt.Dew and frozen chicken tenders
>>
>only eat 2000 calories of food
>do the equivalent of 2500 calories of exercise
Tada! You're losing weight!
>>
>>24299486
You're not too poor to be healthy, you're too stupid.
>>
>>24299486
What are

>rice
>potatoes
>carrots
>Whole chickens
>eggs
>milk
>bananas

Omfg ur dumb don't post anymore mmm'kay
>>
>>24299486
i don't know if you want legitimate tips but staying away from anything sugary/alcoholic will save you money which you can then spend on food

fresh fruit/vegetables are generally going to be more expensive then bread covered in shit.whenever i buy fresh food i generally just buy w/e on special. Fuck oranges , looks like im eating that shit for the next 2 weeks because they're half price. lettuce is fairly cheap as well. Anyways if there's more then one shop near you , you can always just go to each shop , buy w/e on a good special and then go to the next shop. Also markets/farmers markets generally have heaps of fruit/veg discounted
>>
>>24299604
>that b8

All the undergrads going to med school these days are chinks, designated street shitters, and jews
>>
Chicken breast and rice in correct proportions fat boy
>>
>>24299604
i saw some dude turn into a body builder in about 12 months and he'd drink milk and eggs (yes drink the eggs) for meals ... made me chuckle but worked for him
>>
0/10

You deserve to be fat for the rest of your miserable (albeit short) life.
>>
How the fuck is chicken 8 bucks a pound there? Shit dog, you can snag that moderately-tasty bird up for like 4 bucks a pound if you know your way around a grocery store here.

Depends how poorfag you are, as well. If you're trying to prepare your own meals entirely from unreliable "income" like birthday money or something, that ain't gonna fly.
>>
>>24299486
Nigger those 3-4 lbs of chicken for 8 bucks has around 3 servings per pound with so much protein that you should be set for a week. Buy potatoes, and cook your own rice - which you can flavor with spices and chicken broth to make it not taste like shit - beans in a bag, bread and dairy shit like milk, cottage cheese and a block of cheese and you're good for the week
>>
>>24299486
Healthy food is a meme bro. All you need to lose weight is to eat less. Replace the Dew with water and space out your meals better.
>>
How the fuck do you shovel so much shit down your throat? Goddamnit, trying to put some meat on my hungry skeleton bones is suffering. Tell me your secrets, you fat piece of shit.
>>
>>24299604
damn, that image
med school requires far more rote memorization. i actually made things during my engineering classes and we got to do 'real' (in the context of stem bullshit) creative things

and most of the pre-med students i know ended up working as a lab monkey, or working in the tech field like me, except i put less work into school than they did
>>
File: 1427796585590.gif (755 KB, 312x281) Image search: [Google]
1427796585590.gif
755 KB, 312x281
>bone in dark meat
>rice
>dry beans
>potatoes
>bags of frozen veggies
>oats
>bananas
>milk
>water
>peanut butter
>cottage cheese
>yogurt
>carrots/broccoli
>entire heads of lettuce/cabbage/bok Choi
>ground beef
>eggs
>etc etc etc

The list goes on and on. I'm paying my way through college and have to live off of 20 bucks a week for groceries.

Something I had to learn quick is that eating healthy is cheap as fuck, much more so than eating shit.
>>
>>24299744
Yeah; seen more than a couple friends and acquiantances drop weight in a surprising hurry simply by cutting out every bit of soda.

That fukken HFCS, man. Gat damn awful for ya.

Course, I'm like this faggot here

>>24299763

5'11'' and 120lb awww yuhhhh i'm a spooky fucking skellington
>>
>>24299763
same here m80. it's a rough life for us skeletons against the fuckboi horde
>>
Stop trying to eat healthy as it does nothing for you. Exercise more, that's literally all there is too it. Eating healthy is just for making sure you don't die from diabetes or other diet-related illness.
>>
Mixed vegetables:
>$1/lb in can (peas, carrots, lima beans, corn)
>$1.50-2/lb in bag (thai, oriental, normandy)
>supplement with cans of beets and spinach

Fruit
>apples are usually less than $2/lb, seasonal stuff is usually <$2/lb, bananas usually less than 50c
>cans have oranges, papaya/pineapple/mango, some other stuff
>big bag of mixed frozen raspberries/blackberries/blackberries, $3.50/lb

meat
>3lb ground turkey, around $2.70/lb
>chicken can be cheap, look for stuff without much added water/whatevers
>LOOK FOR STUFF ON SALE, recently bought $1.04/lb chicken drumsticks, like 10lbs
>look for cheapest protein powder, usually <$20 for 25 20-30g servings

grains
>bread can be gotten for almost $1/lb
>look for cheapest spaghetti, sauce is cheap too
>$4/lb cheese is more expensive, but it's nice for supplementing meat

For breakfast I usually have granola and milk (microwave, watch for overboiling). Throw that shit in a blender, microwave frozen fruit or throw fresh stuff in the blender. Blend. Pour out half of it, in the remaining half, protein powder. Pour into cup, drink (I usually use a straw I got from a canteen thing, thick straw). It has to be cleaned immediately and I usually soak the straw overnight in hot water, every night. Probably like 800+ calories, but tons of protein and fiber.

>lunch
Subway or Soylent. If it's the weekend like today I just make pasta, veges (fried low-medium heat until they start browning), meat (I usually cook 3-4 pounds at once and just microwave portions).

>dinner
Always veges and meat, sometimes pasta.

>snacks
Sometimes fruit, soylent, glass of strawberry syrup+milk. I would eat sunflower seeds or something but I got tired of it. If you want something like cookies, they make small portions pre-packaged or egg-free mixes that are easy to make.

>cooking
BUY SILICON UTENSILS. They're cheap and won't melt. Nonstick pans are far easier to clean too of you're frying. I fry the ground meats boil normal meats. I use sauces and spices
>>
>gone vegetarian
>saved so much money
>lost 30 pounds so far too

And jesus fuck don't buy quinoa though. Just get rice. Quinoa is a cheap grain imported from South America with a hiked up price to sell to hipsters so they think they're different for eating it.
>>
>>24299604
>normalfags have to steal NEET images because they have no time to produce OC
>>
>>24299962
Skellies stand united!

I'm actually rather pleased at being a wiry-ass scrawny motherfucker. I've got hair well-past my shoulderblades and most folks assume that I'm in a band.
>>
>>24299806
Yeah, a lot of people don't realize that eating healthy food is typically a lot cheaper than getting fast food/ tv dinners every day
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.