[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poor Study Habits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_my1j9fTt3u1s9gsijo1_400.png (127 KB, 257x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my1j9fTt3u1s9gsijo1_400.png
127 KB, 257x250
For those in college, who has poor study habits but still do well? I typically don't study except for quizzes and tests, do work the day or hour before they are due, and still do just fine.

Studying two hours for every credit hour is shit, and is just something that's used to sap out your time.
>>
Anti-sage
>>
I have very very poor study habits, OP
>>
>>24296560
I'm pretty sure that's called "bump".
>>
>>24296599
Do bumps even work anymore?

>>24296150
My "smart-but-lazy" technique stopped working by 9th grade. I wasn't that smart.
>>
> poor study habits
You have to study to have poor study habits, which I don't because I'm a procrastinating retard
>>
>>24296833
I-I'm sorry anon. D-do you still study?
>>
>>24296150
This won't work for much longer, anon. Unless you're a liberal arts major, in which case you might as well study as little as possible and enjoy your 4 year vacation before real life begins.
>>
i've never studied a day in my life, i wing all my tests and yet here i am
>>
>had really shit study habits
>decided to give it my all for one semester
>phenomenal grades
>now I won't accept anything less
>kill me
>>
9:51pm local time, huge fluid mechanics assignment due tomorrow morning at 9:30, still haven't started
>>
>>24296150
Tbh i don't even try but manage to get A's.
>>
I did the whole never study but do well on tests throughout high school

then i went to uni and failed a bunch of classes then i got my shit together the next semester.

uni is all about taking classes with the right professors and then working over the professor and other students to carry you through the class and help you do the work

there's 2 ways to do uni
1) be really smart, do all the work, study really really hard
or
2) kiss ass to the professors and work over the students to let you cheat off of them

the 2nd option is much easier and much more rewarding
>>
>>24298912
I don't have the discipline. I don't totally wing it though. What do you mean by giving it your all though? I personally don't like anything short of As or Bs
>>24299041
I'm adapting to my professors too. I'm wringing it because I can and the classes allow me too. Next semester I'll change my strategy because I'll have different professors.

I have a speech due in class on Thursday and I already have an idea for my topic and how I want to open. But still, studying for as much as they recommend is something I'm not fond of to be honest. I guess the main thing is to just work and make your own schedule. Some things take thought, others not as much, but you can still do that, right?
>>
>>24299237
The amount they tell you to study is usually ridiculous and way too much.

You just gotta figure out what works for you
>>
>>24296150
>tfw got lucky and have a great memory and am smart
>>
>>24298846
Story of my life right here, had a great fucking time in college cause I knew my lib arts degree was worthless whether or not I had a 4.0 GPA.

Just graduated, doing fuck all, working shit wage slave job, at least I don't have any student loan debt like a lot of people who get worthless degrees.
>>
>>24299300
Exactly. Looking back at it, I did start the semester really hard, expecting the worst. But I sorta learned my professors and what I had to do. If I got a grade I didn't like (lower than a B) I changed what I did that's optimal for my habits and my grades. I get decent grades in everything now, but I got a C- in a composition assignment. To offset this I kept the essay to learn my faults and what I had to do so I won't make the same mistakes
>>
File: McGraw Hill Connect QUALITY.png (25 KB, 735x468) Image search: [Google]
McGraw Hill Connect QUALITY.png
25 KB, 735x468
>>24296150
It works fine until you get matched up with something shitty, but even the good students in the class have a lot of gripes with this course.
Pic related happened not long ago.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.