[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon is literally the same game over and over but with a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: pika.jpg (25 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
pika.jpg
25 KB, 480x480
Pokemon is literally the same game over and over but with a few new Pokemon.
Pokemon is Nintendo/GameFreak's Call of Duty.
>>
>>24295392
its ok when nintendo does it
>>
They really know how to milk it for all it's worth.

Even worse are those yearly EA sport games.
>>
>same game twice nearly every year for 2 decades
>N-nintendo is based guise
>>
>>24295392
That's pretty much all Nintendo games honestly.
>>
>>24295392
are you mad brother?
>>
>>24295452
Show me a series of video games that does not simply create the same game with some interesting new mechanics/updated graphics.

Must be a series, not a stand alone.
>>
Jurassic Park/World movies are all the same thing.
>hey guys i brought dinorsuars back 2 lyfe XD
>o no evry1 is kill
>LET'S DO THIS AGAIN NEXT TIME

Stupid normie shit franchise to be honest.
>>
>>24296070
Call of Duty up until COD 4. It pretty much changed everything, the setting, the mechanics, etc.

Obviously it became a copy pasta game afterwards, but still.
>>
>>24296070
There are many mario games that broke the mold of the games before them.
However they were all still platforms if you don't count spin offs.
>>
>>24296144
Did you seriously list Call of Duty as an example? They have the most copy and pasted games I have ever seen.

The first few games did not vary that dramatically until up until they streamlined the shit out of it.

>>24296170
Plenty of series started out as an original concept but never broke out of the mold again. I guess you could count Mario because the difference between Mario 64 and games before it were mind blowing. It felt like another genre.
>>
File: 58.jpg (21 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
58.jpg
21 KB, 400x240
>introduce feature that was universally loved
>take it away the next game

Also fuck event Pokemon, yeah you don't technically need them to get the certificate or whatever but it still grinds my autism.
>>
>>24295392
If they're still solid games with enough variety to keep you interested, who cares? Do you really need constant innovation to enjoy yourself?
>>
File: codvspokemon.png (67 KB, 579x514) Image search: [Google]
codvspokemon.png
67 KB, 579x514
>releases a new game every year
>there is none this year.
Call of Duty has literally released a new game every year since 2004.
>>
>>24295452
It's Game Freak, not Nintendo.
>>
>>24296144
Call of Duty was never innovative, even during the first release of the first game. It came out one year after Battlefield 1942 which was considered a better.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.