[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Penpal Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 30
File: Penpal General.png (101 KB, 550x523) Image search: [Google]
Penpal General.png
101 KB, 550x523
It's time again to discuss your penpals. Have any of you gotten anything from yours? It's been a few months since some of you messaged people. Look, we even have an official image to start with now!
>go on interpals or japan-guide
>message foreign qts and cool ass dudes
>make friends
>post experiences/letters/gifts
Why aren't you messaging cute foreign women?
>>
File: Pen Pal Making Guide ver 1.jpg (440 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Pen Pal Making Guide ver 1.jpg
440 KB, 1080x1920
As always, here's the how to guide. Feel free to ask for help and to give suggestions. I've had my penpal for 4 years and want to share the experience with you guys.
>>
Did all my fellow penpal anons die?
>>
Talking to a Chinese girl, at least I hope it is. Pretty chill even though I take a little longer to reply because I struggle to find topics to talk about. I'm afraid she'll stop responding when she finds out I'm a 25 year old ugly fat guy who still lives with my parents and with no future :(
>>
File: I'm a cool guy iguess.jpg (43 KB, 783x296) Image search: [Google]
I'm a cool guy iguess.jpg
43 KB, 783x296
>>24293941
Oh that's cool. Sometimes my penpal and I take a month or two to reply. We both know we're busy with school and stuff, so it's pretty alright. I was scared shitless when I let mine know what I look like, but she was super nice about it. I wish I could find the conversation where I mentioned what I looked like and stuff. I was worried she'd stop messaging me since I'm an Asian American and not a white guy. She knows what I look like now and we've been video calling on skype lately.
>>
>tfw tried for a month and couldn't talk to someone for over a week
>>
File: blushing.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blushing.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>one qt actually responds, tells me to add her on Line
>make a Line and do so
>too scared to send her a message
It's too late to message her now
>>
>>24294217
How many people did you try messaging? This is a common thing with penpals. You message a few times and then they stop. Keep trying, anon. I and a few others here have had awesome penpals for a long time.
>>
>>24294388
probably a few dozen, I can try to log back into interpals and check
>>
bumping so thread's alive when I come back from the supermarket
>>
>>24294446
it's more than i thought 52
>>
>>24294459
Thanks. We used to get hundreds of replies in these threads, but didn't make them for a week or two and it's been slowing down a ton.

>>24294446
I think you should keep trying. It might be a cool little experiment to see how people in different areas respond. The girl I messaged was from a very rural area, but I'd bet a girl from a more urban area would be much less friendly.

>>24294387
You message her right the fuck now, faggot. Message her and apologize you haven't had a chance to call her. Tell her you were busy with work or something. Then arrange a date to call or I will mail my foot to your rectum.
>>
if i make a thing on a pen pal site, will girls from other countries add me?
>>
>>24294586
It depends what website you use, what you look like, how well you can type a description for yourself, and what country you're from. Generally speaking, women never message guys first, unless you're Chad.
>>
File: 1429277881738.jpg (85 KB, 580x563) Image search: [Google]
1429277881738.jpg
85 KB, 580x563
>>24294168
>tfw I have all the documents ready to work and travel in kanada and told people that is my plan
>tfw too scared to do it, don't really know what to do there and probably will struggle to find work

I have been stressing the fuck out about this the last 2 weeks I would probably already be on the way if I had hurried, but my parents are telling me to stay aswell
>>
>>24294578
You'd think /r9k/ would be all over the idea of getting an Asian qt.
>>
File: meet you before i die.jpg (104 KB, 864x542) Image search: [Google]
meet you before i die.jpg
104 KB, 864x542
>>24294913
Atleast you can travel. I wish so hard that I could afford to visit my penpal in Japan. I plan on selling blood plasma soon. She's asked me a few times to come see her around Christmas. I need more ways to raise $2,000 without getting a job. I need a lot of time for school and stuff.

>>24295332
Really. My very first thread had over 400 replies. I posted a lot more pictures of our conversation and stuff though, so maybe that got more attention. I'm here trying to encourage and help robots, but I get so few replies and usually there's at least a few people who post the same shit like
>fucking Chad
>go back to reddit
>she's a guy
>fuck you I don't want you to help me talk to cute asian girls and you're a faggot for doing just that
>tfw no qt asian gf
People don't give it a chance and are offended that I want to help them. I'm not good looking, I'm poor, I'm not even white, all the typical robot stuff, and yet I managed to meet an awesome girl through the internet who is genuinely interested in my life.
>>
File: 1436297014025.jpg (99 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
1436297014025.jpg
99 KB, 908x714
> Met cool Japanese English teacher via interpals
> Great guy, not afraid to correct my sentences and have a few laughs in the process
> Exchanged messages for a couple months
> His messages get darker and more self-deprecating until he doesn't log in for a month
> Him not logging in meant I didn't notice his message for about 2 weeks, before I promptly responded
> He hasn't logged in since
I'm slightly worried
>>
doesnt interpals have a lot of bots/spam?
>>
File: 1428856135507.jpg (60 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1428856135507.jpg
60 KB, 500x379
>>24295533
>Atleast you can travel.

I worked a fucking job for this and now have quite some cash saved up. But now that I can, I don't want to travel. Everybody else seems so enthusiastic about their destinations and shit, I'm just looking for something to pass the time so I don't need to move on with my life.

I feel like I should definitely use this chance when I have time and make experiences in a foreign land, but I have been so much of robot these last weeks that I feel like I don't even want to meet new people there and I don't want to waste all my money flying and then not finding a job

Basically my big fear is that I will just sit around when I arrive and not actually do anything useful, which probably wont happen, but lately I have really been hating people
>>
Sweet. Well why not. I'm thinking of studying abroad in Japan. It would be pretty cool to know someone there ahead of time.
>>
File: my omamori letter.jpg (983 KB, 4472x2904) Image search: [Google]
my omamori letter.jpg
983 KB, 4472x2904
>>24295586
I have never used it before, but I think some robots have said yes. You need to use common sense and a little bit of caution when doing this.
>don't give private information immediately
>don't sign up for anything weird or visit and links they send
>try to get a video or something of them to verify they are not catfishing

I'm about to head out for an hour or so, so try to keep the thread alive without me. You nigs need to start trying to talk to these girls, they're adorable. Then you can get cool things like this picture I have posted a million times already.
>>
>>24295934
Which site do you use?
>>
>>24295961
I used japanguide. Go to their website, it's in my op image, scroll to the bottom, click "Japan Pen Friends," select age and country and shit, and then read the ads and message them. I think you have to make an account on their site too, but it's free and easy.

>>24295920
Be sure to post updates in future threads. I make them on weekends and wednesdays if I remember to.
>>
>>24295961
Japan guide doesn't require a profile picture. If you're ugly that helps.
>>
I'd love to get a Japanese friend, preferably a girl because I've always gotten along better with girls. I'm also interested in learning Japanese -and a bunch of other languages- but I'm afraid I may just fuck and they may misconstrue it as romantic advances.

Like, I'm poor, I'm hispanic, I'm fat. I'm off-putting enough as is, I don't know if cultural differences would be something I could overcome on top of all that.
>>
bump just because
>>
>>24296311
Actually, I saw a few ads with girls saying they were learning Spanish. You could offer to help them with that and they could help you learn Japanese. If you fuck them and drop them after that, I will rape you with various cephalopods. Just let them know at some point that you are interested in a platonic relationship only.

>>24296562
Thanks.
>>
>>24295934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4VRePT2gn4
>>
have you ever recieved nudes, OP?
>>
>>24296590
In your expercience how often are there misunderstandings because of language subtleties during the early stages of the relationship?
>>
File: 1406417170237.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1406417170237.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
>>24296684
Very few. Perhaps only two or three. That's mainly because she wants to be an English teacher, so her English is already very good. Her expression was a cute, confused, shocked kind of look when I told her about a potato gun I built. The idea of a cannon shooting potatoes was unheard of to her.

>>24296666
No. I must keep her pure. I'm not sure if I could get them, but there's a good chance I could. We never talked about a dating relationship, but I think we both sort of want to. The distance is just too much. Other anons have described us as the real life 5 Centimeters Per Second. She's super cute though. I had seen pictures of her a long time ago so I knew what she looked like, but she's so much prettier in a live video. I was really shocked to see her look so different.
>>
>>24297044
why not see if shes interested in that, distance sucks but you could visit
>>
>>24297166
I'm poor as fuck and it's just not the same. Like I said before, I wish I could magically make $2,000 and go visit her on Christmas. I'll sell blood plasma, ask my parents for money, and still need over $1,000 to do it.
>>
I like befriending female penpals and getting them naked. am i a bad person
>>
>>24297451
I hope you get sodomized by giant spiders.
>>
>>24297541
i appreciate that, thank you :)
>>
Won't japanese girls shun me because I'm gaijin?
>>
>>24298349
Nope. They're on a website looking for foreigners to talk to, which would be redundant if they didn't want foreigners talking to them. In my personal experience they have always been extremely polite. Again, my penpal was 100% ok with me not being a white Amreican and said there are many foreigners in Japan now. She was surprised to hear me say that a lot of people here say that the Japanese are xenophobic.
>>
>>24298530
Yeah, I realised that adter posting the question: even if Japan were a pretty xenophobic place -which I don't know that it is, it may not be- the people on a site like that wouldn't be.

I wonder if I should play up my hispanicness? I've never been very fond of Mexican culture, but maybe that's what they're looking for.
>>
>>24298920
Give it a try. Just remember you'll have to message several people. There will be some who won't respond after a few messages, but keep trying and you'll find someone who sticks.
>>
>>24299048
Yeah, I'll make the account and tell you guys how it went in a future thread.
When's a good time to drop that you're into anime and japanese games? I'm not a weeb, but I have watched a few and really liked them.
>>
>>24299135
I've seen on japan-guide lots of people mentioning anime. So if they mention it in their profile it wouldn't be out of line to bring it up then, I would think.
>>
File: 1329874134625.png (2 MB, 1552x831) Image search: [Google]
1329874134625.png
2 MB, 1552x831
>>24299135
Be careful with anime and vidya. I wouldn't mention it at first and would try not to until they bring it up first. I straight up told mine I like anime, but don't like talking about it. Now she knows that I like idolmaster, and I do fucking love it, and we very rarely talk about games and stuff like that.
>>
bumparooodadoo
Let it live
>>
File: penpal tfw no gf.jpg (62 KB, 814x322) Image search: [Google]
penpal tfw no gf.jpg
62 KB, 814x322
>>24300616
Dayum I was expecting it to just die. What a pleasant surprise. Here is a bit of a message my penpal sent me when I told her a girl said she wanted to get dinner with me one day and then changed her mind and stopped talking to me shortly after. She was trying to cheer me up and is really sweet.
>>
>>24300867
That's some very natural English. She's very good at it.
>>
>>24301366
Yeah, we've been talking for so long I can tell when she's tired or stressed about something by her messages. It's usually very good, but when she's upset about something her English is noticeably worse than usual. It's been getting better over time. I love her unusual word choice and patterns. I think it's adorable sometimes.
>>
i kinda want to get into it if only because i enjoy mailing with different people and i would love sending packages. i'm concerned if they would be against sending messages to a mexican given the reputation the country seems to have.
>>
>>24301715
Read the above posts. You are probably going to b ok.
>>
>>24301492
Is it love, mate?
>>24301715
LOL Exat same boat, here, m8.
>>
I made an interpals in january, it was pretty neat at first. so many messages. that was short lived and they stopped after a bit.
started using the site again in march or so and someone messaged me one day, he turned out to be really cool and we spoke every day since then. he's the only person i've talked to so long, knows me better than anyone ik irl or anywhere at all. only recently have we not been speaking as much. and that's my fault.
but i really recommend this site guys. even if you don't find a good friend, it's entertaining af. browsing all of the diff people and shit, and there're some hilarious profiles on there.
but yeah, i've learned a lot from my friend, and it's been a fucking awesome time knowing him. even though i think it's coming to a close soon.
and btw, he didnt have a pic of himself when we started talking, he offered me to see one after a bit and it was fine. you'll get a lot more messages if you have a pic tho, but i don't have a pic now either.
and desu, the foreigners on this site think everyone's goodlooking senpai, they will literally call u gorgeous and not be joking at all, don't stress about it.
and basically everyone on interpals has anime listed in their interests. the people are generally very interested in you and polite.
>>
>>24301492
>I love her unusual word choice and patterns. I think it's adorable sometimes.
this.
my friend does this, and i love it. it makes talking more interesting, and it's just so damn qt
>>
File: 1360529316234.jpg (35 KB, 240x481) Image search: [Google]
1360529316234.jpg
35 KB, 240x481
>>24301872
b-baka!

>>24302482
Glad to hear you had a positive experience. Other robots are missing out on the fun. There are some hilarious guys on these sites sometimes. It's also cool when you add them and play games together.

>>24302552
Every time I read I read off sentences from non English speakers, I am reminded of her.
>>
Have any of you from previous threads gotten any good replies? What about the anon who was going to visit the girl in China?
>>
>>24293941
>I'm afraid she'll stop responding when she finds out I'm a 25 year old ugly fat guy who still lives with my parents and with no future :(
As someone in a similar boat, they always do. Every single time.
>>
>pen pal of two years stops returning messages or going online on Skype
>has mentioned having a controlling mother that doesn't let her move out and turns off the internet after eleven, etc.
>>
File: 1424426912916.jpg (183 KB, 633x640) Image search: [Google]
1424426912916.jpg
183 KB, 633x640
>>24294168
>fake ass small talk
Why even bother?
>>
File: mx19j3b.jpg (40 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
mx19j3b.jpg
40 KB, 540x960
Okay what is the normal age range for these things? I don't wouldn't want anyone under the age of 20 due to the fact I am 28 and it would be odd talking to high schoolers.
>>
>>24305451
Legal age in japan is 12~
>>
>>24305472
And the legal age from where I am at is 18 and I still don't want to consort with people under the age of 20 due to the obvious age gap. How many gaps do we need? A gender gap, an age gap, a culture gap, what else do you want? Are you never satisfied? Why don't you digs a bunch of holes in your yard, throw your clothes into there, and call it The Gap.
>>
>>24305517
I don't understand what you're saying but gap no longer sounds like a real word.
>>
>>24305451
I just want someone who's 30ish but isn't completely brainwashed by normalfag bullshit. :(
>>
Well, I created an account. I'm bored and this seems interesting. However I have no idea what to do now that I finished creating the account. need help
>>
>>24293054
I've got two female penpals from japan.
they write in jap, I write back in english. It's quite comfy actually.
>>
>>24305989
see these posts
>>24296044
>>24293178
>>
File: cake list.jpg (116 KB, 656x1240) Image search: [Google]
cake list.jpg
116 KB, 656x1240
>>24305560
>>24305517
There are many Christmas cakes to message.

>>24305098
It's like you don't want to talk to qt girls. We tell each other about what's going on in our lives and just discuss various things like normal friends. Imagine what it's like knowing that a cute girl somewhere in the girl is genuinely interested and somewhat invested in your life. She takes the time to message me back because she and I are both interested in each others' lives. If one of us didn't want to put up with "fake ass small talk," this exchange of messages wouldn't have lasted four years.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>24307414
I really want try this but I am way to anxious even online how do you do it OP
>>
>>24293054
this is a great idea, thanks r9k
>>
>>24307414
>many Christmas cakes to message
I doubt they want to talk to a loser with no job and no life though.
>>
File: 1435492775024.gif (934 KB, 449x425) Image search: [Google]
1435492775024.gif
934 KB, 449x425
>>24308241
You're welcome. Be sure to post updates and shit. I want to start hearing more about your guys' penpals and post a little less about mine over and over again. I started making these threads to help you not brag about my penpal.

>>24308185
It's a little nerve wrecking, I know, but once you reply to the first 2 or 3 people it's not so bad. Once you get your first reply, you may freak out, but just chill for an hour or two and calm down. Then you can write a response without being all anxious and shit. Again, you'll get used to it after a few times. I plan on making an updated guide to help more with ideas to talk about and more detailed information on using japanguide, since their site has changed and finding the ads is a little hard.
>>
File: 1427218929168.png (1 MB, 828x1241) Image search: [Google]
1427218929168.png
1 MB, 828x1241
Do people expect you to have a real picture of yourself for a profile pic? Or can I just use whatever?
>>
>>24308338
Just put a put a picture of some smug anime girl like every other profile pic you have.
>>
>>24308338
if you start something that lasts years, you will hope you used your real picture.
>>
>>24308355
dont be cheeky
>>24308364
good point senpai
>>
>>24308320
Thanks OP I usually never post but I wanna try this to talk to Japanese QTs
Which do you recommend interpals or japan-guide
>>
>>24308401
I used Japan guide. Other anons have said interpals is almost like a dating site and it seems the women are more shallow going off your profile pictures only, which is to be expected. Japanguide doesn't have profile pictures, which forces you to find people based on the personality in their description. It's a two edged sword because they don't see your hideousness, but you can't see theirs. I got lucky and mine is very attractive. Another I messaged but stopped was also very pretty. If I had to do it again, I'd still use Japanguide because I hate shallow cunts. The ads are also qt as fuck to read. Seriously, you'll get diabeetus.
>>
>>24308364
What if I don't want to put a fake picture, but I don't want people to get immediately repulsed by my ugly mug?
>>
>>24295934
I've seen you post this image like 10 times, can you please stop? We get it, you have a Jap "Penpal".
>>
>>24308897
He's said like 10 times in the thread that he wants to go into less detail about his pen pal and talk about what progress robots have mate.
>>
File: 1444674437548.png (102 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1444674437548.png
102 KB, 450x443
>>24308843
Take a more obscure picture I guess. A picture of you at a distance, maybe with something cool in it. Show off a collection you may have or a motorcycle or just a picture of you with friends. Don't do a close up or a school year book looking thing.

>>24308297
They're usually a little down and lonely in life and just want someone to talk to. Sounds perfect for most robots to me.

>>24308897
I have acknowledged the fact I post it too often in that very post. >>24308937 is right. I make these threads to help robots, not rub my success in other peoples' faces. Pictures like that grab more attention and sometimes inspire robots to go ahead and try messaging people.
>>
>>24309301
>They're usually a little down and lonely in life and just want someone to talk to. Sounds perfect for most robots to me.
You mean someone to give them an ego boost so they can fuck Chad, and then stop communicating.
>>
File: 1437546948503.jpg (357 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
1437546948503.jpg
357 KB, 700x990
>>24309374
Population rates are way down and the Japanese are not very social. You get to befriend her and form a relationship.
>>
>>24309683
That doesn't mean they don't fuck, retard.
>>
>>24309780
The odds of you getting to fuck her are good too, assuming you have the means to visit. There is at least an opportunity to make a friend or gf here, but you can continue to do nothing and shitpost angrily at me for trying to help.
>faggot, why should I talk to women? Stop having fun and making friends
>tfw no asian gf
>>
I don't have a penpal but I do have a Japanese language partner irl. We hang out twice a week and occasionally go to different events and cioties to show him around England. He even invited me to go to Japan with him next summer to spend a month with him and his family
>>
File: 1445898593365.jpg (367 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1445898593365.jpg
367 KB, 1000x750
>>24309374
Lonely Christmas Cakes are out there, Anon, and I aim to find one. Maybe you can too.
>>
Newfag here. What exactly you guys are looking for when writing to these people? Romance or just friendship? Why look for friends in such a faraway country like Japan when you can find friends in your own country?
>>
they all stopped responding. fuck this.
>>
>>24310210
Personally? Amusement, i enjoy talking to people from other countries and knowing a bit of their daily lives.

Voyeurism basically.
>>
>>24309912
>>The odds of you getting to fuck her are good too, assuming you have the means to visit.
Oh really? Prove it, let's see all the fat ugly 30+ guys who had a productive LDR with someone on those sites?
>>
>>24307414
>There are many Christmas cakes to message.
This is bullshit right?
>>
Is interpals better than penpalworld?
Because that site sucks dick.
>>
>>24310909
It isn'
>>
When I'm starting the message what am I supposed to write?
>>
>>24311034
wHaTs Up My LovLiEzZ *_*XD
>>
>>24293054
There is literally a penpal general on /int/.
>>
>>24310210
It's interesting and having a connection in another country can help you (it probably won't). Some guy I was talking to from Japan got me approved on mobage which required a Japanese phone and phone number so there's that.

I wonder if people meeting after being pen-pals for a long time ever get disappointed with the other person. Sometimes you can connect with a person via the internet or letters but when you meet him he turns out a total spreg.
>>
>>24310513
There have been anons in past threads who have done it. One or two even married their girls. If you don't try at all, your chances are zero. Just spend 5 minutes and try messaging a girl.
>hurr why should I spend my precious time trying to talk to girls? I could heat up my hotpockets in that time!

>>24311034
Just introduce yourself. Tell about your race or something and hobbies and what you may be interested in a penpal.

>>24311086
I want this to be specifically for robots. How many times have you seen
>tfw no qt asian gf
Here I can help you guys improve your life a tiny bit. I post here more than /int/ anyway.
>>
>>24311130
>>There have been anons in past threads who have done it. One or two even married their girls.
Prove it.
>>
File: general2.png (111 KB, 550x523) Image search: [Google]
general2.png
111 KB, 550x523
>>24311130
>he doesn't think taco hot pockets are superior

I had also made this version quail.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-16+at+01.41.54).png (29 KB, 626x583) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-16+at+01.41.54).png
29 KB, 626x583
Can't escape ultra normies even on foreign mail exchange sites.
>>
File: 1440636729757.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1440636729757.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>all these people looking to use a friendly paypal site as a way to get laid
Why are some of you guys like this? Just talk to some guys and girls and make friends with other people. Stop acting like some Chad who's obsessed with pumping and dumping women.

Not to OP, just some of the other people who crop up in here and act like the only point is to get a foreign girlfriend.

I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread, whoops.
>>
>>24311279
That's awesome. Thanks, man. I'll use that next time.
>>
File: Nobu.png (20 KB, 599x397) Image search: [Google]
Nobu.png
20 KB, 599x397
>you will never drink beer with Based Nobu
>>
>>24293054
>tfw you have talked to a qt every day for seven months now

Feels good man, she's so amazing.
>>
>>24311827
Voice chat? Or just messages?
>>
>>24311808
What a cool guy. Every time I see this picture I wonder what he's up to now.
>>
File: tKL8hQw.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tKL8hQw.jpg
211 KB, 1280x720
>>24311808
Adachi is a real guy!
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.