[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remind me again why you're not learning to program your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: computerishard.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
computerishard.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
Remind me again why you're not learning to program your way out of being a NEET.
>>
Because it will take years and nobody in England hires people without official qualifications.
>>
File: you_are_wrong.png (387 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
you_are_wrong.png
387 KB, 600x480
>>24292905
This is incorrect.
>>
because I've never ever played life on easy mode (being a woman, being chad, not being autismo) so I won't play the job market minigame on easy mode either.

I'm getting an unemployable degree and there's nothing you stemfags can do to stop me
>>
>>24292969
If you're not getting a STEM degree it sounds like you are playing it easymode, friend
>>
>>24293018
>implying four years of homework is worse than ten years of unemployment

STEMfags think they're so miserable.
>>
>>24292864
That is not true. At all. There are no sources to support that

Also, if a job can be done from home, it can be done from china
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/business/us-outsource-job-china/

My job requires me to be on site, and it pays decently. Nobody can take it from me
>>
>>24293135
and i forgot to mention, the company the guy in the article worked for fired 50 programmers and replaced them with workers from china.
Americans and first worlders in general do not have the work ethic to compete with those in china and india
>>
More jobs != better jobs senpai.

No one wants to be a code monkey.
>>
>>24293075
If you're in college for it then you're playing it easymode for the short-term, you just have to deal with the consequences of apparently being unemployable afterwards.
That's not hardmode, that's just being retarded.
>>
File: 1447389720536.jpg (35 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
1447389720536.jpg
35 KB, 500x664
After years of being a NEET, I taught myself to program and wrote an app that almost has 10,000 downloads. Now I'm getting ready to go back to school for a degree in computer science or similar.

Now, I'm not super passionate about studying CS and programming, but at least it will give me a way to earn a living and something to do with my time, and it feels good to get nice comments and emails from users. Better than being a shut-in for the rest of my life, and hopefully being out there in the world doing something useful will lead to opportunities.
>>
File: kek.gif (987 KB, 229x176) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
987 KB, 229x176
>>24292864
>not understanding how the economy works

Enough people make money in a certain field and all the retards will flood that field, trying to earn a degree for it. Then the market will adjust and the pay will lower. There is no magical job, career, or program that will get you rich. They are ALL scams of wagecukoldry or salarycukoldry. You will never get rich by working for someone else. NEVER.
>>
>>24293319
Looks like there's at least one person who knows what a econ book even looks like.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.