[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >Turning 23 next week >Tell mom I want a PS4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1369379873314.jpg (20 KB, 300x267) Image search: [Google]
1369379873314.jpg
20 KB, 300x267
>Be me
>Turning 23 next week
>Tell mom I want a PS4
>Mom says "Sorry anon but $350 is a lot of money"
>I tell her it's okay and I understand it's a lot
>I suggest Black Friday deals
>Mom says "I already checked anon and no store is having deals on them"
>She says "Maybe I can afford it during Christmas"
>MFW My mom does this every year for my birthday
>MFW She tells me she "can't afford it" when she actually can
>MFW She ends up surprising me with whatever I asked for
>MFW She thinks she is sly and doesn't know that I know her game

Anyone else's parents do this? My mom has been doing this for years and the same result always happens, I pretend to be surprised because she acts like I didn't know what she was doing.
>>
Atleast^you get it
*kek*
>>
>>24292191
Maybe you should tell her that you can tell when she's going to buy something.
Also, grow up, you shouldn't be asking for presents at 23
>>
>>24292191
>18
>get PS2 for christmas when i was 9
>got secondhand ps3 last year, with 5 games i wanted
>mom and I ate top ramen the rest of the month to afford it

who /poorbutniceparents/ here.
Feels nice to know that your poor family actually cares about you
>>
File: BTFO.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>24292278
Your opinion, I honestly never ask for anything all year. I don't have a lot of materialistic needs or wants, if anything I'm a hard person to buy for because I never want anything.

If my parents want to get me a present then I'm not going to tell them not to get me one, I do agree that as you get older you shouldn't expect people to buy things for you. The thing about my situation is I'm expecting nothing, they are OFFERING to buy me something and I'll gladly accept it.

I also don't want to tell her that I know because I believe she gets some kind of enjoyment out of it by seeing my surprised expressing, I'd rather just let her enjoy the excitement. I'm doing it for her, not for myself.

Get rekt jealous fag

>>24292350
Awww that was really nice of her anon, it's kind of a bittersweet feel.
>>
>>24292191
>tfw i never got any christmas or birthday presents
>tfw my dad spent all of our money on guns and motorcycles
>tfw my dad created my hate for chads
>>
>>24292191
I haven't be surprised about what I'd be getting for Christmas or my birthday since I was 10 years old. It's more often than not nothing at all.
>>
File: 558.gif (1 MB, 240x252) Image search: [Google]
558.gif
1 MB, 240x252
You're 23 years old and asking mummy for a fucking qwismiss PLAYSTATION??!?!?!
>>
>23
>Still asking your mom for birthday presents

It's nice to get these little reminders now and then that I'm not doing so bad after all. Thanks OP
>>
>>24292396
>having access to guns
I envy you tbs (to be sincere)
>>
>>24292389

Of course your parents still want to get shit for you. Some people's parents will gladly provide for them up into their forties. It's called "empty nest syndrome", which is a natural psychological hurdle than parents have to overcome when faced with the reality that they are no longer obligated nor expected to treat their offspring like a child

You are supposed to help them through this by showing them that you appreciate it, but firmly refusing. This is supposed to be the final step in the paradigm shift that takes you out of their frame and finally makes you an adult.

You have failed
>>
File: 1437556600305s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1437556600305s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>24292487
I never got to shoot them. My father kept them in a safe and never let anyone touch them, even though there were dozens. He only let our dog go hunting with him and rarely went to work anyway. The rest of the family had to get low wage jobs so father could buy his new guns.
>>
>>24292430
I'm not genuinely surprised, I'm pretending to be surprised because she gets some kind of enjoyment out of it.

>>24292454
Why the fuck does my age matter? I know 30 year old's who ran out and bought a PS4 when it first came out for $500, not all of us can afford it.

I'm a student in Uni, my parents are helping me pay for it all and I'm appreciative of it. I work summer jobs mostly but they pay minimum wage at best and a lot of money goes towards textbooks, gas and the rest I save for emergencies.

If they want to get me a present for my birthday then I'm not going to turn them down, also don't start the whole "PS4 sucks" argument. I don't really care, I've wanted a PS4 for a while and there are a lot of games I haven't played yet because I don't have one. I also don't have a PC powerful enough to play them either so I have a lot of catching up to do on games.

>>24292485
Please see what I told the anon above me, it's nice if you are self sufficient and can afford to buy yourself materialistic items but not all of us can. If someone offered to give you a very expensive item for a gift would you turn it down? What if it was a $100,000 car? I know a PS4 and a $100,000 are not really in the same realm but the point is exactly the same.

You'd still accept a gift if someone offered to pay for and you didn't have to, don't be a hypocrite anon.
>>
How about you act your age and work for your stuff you autistic fuck.
>>
>>24292582
>Look at me everyone I took a few psych classes at my community college

Yeah I know of the "empty nest syndrome" and I'm aware that my parents don't want to face reality. I wonder how many people are doing the same thing I'm doing? Probably tons from what I've seen on this board alone, people still living with their parents, relying on their parents for everything, not looking for work, being NEETS, etc.

I'm doing a lot better than other people and that's good enough for me, you can call it denial but ignorance is bliss so whatever works.

>>24292606
You clearly didn't read the thread, I'm a full time student. I don't have time to work a job, you may see that as an excuse but it's not. I could have bought my own PS4 but my parents told me it wasn't a great use of my money and they were right, I would rather spend my own money on more important things so if THEY would rather spend THEIR OWN MONEY on it for me then I'm not going to refuse it.

You people really don't understand the concept of gifting, would you turn down free money if a family member or relative offered it to you? If they wholeheartedly insisted that you take it? Would you just give it to charity? Because you are too embarrassed or ashamed of yourself for excepting money from another person? kek

You people are pathetic
>>
>>24292716

Allowing your parents to happily pamper you like a kid over the age of 18 is like giving crack to a friend with a crack addiction

It's not good for them, anon.
>>
>>24292191
You have the best mom, OP.
>>
>>24293065
I know I do....I know I do *tear in my eye*
>>
File: 44140.jpg (72 KB, 550x785) Image search: [Google]
44140.jpg
72 KB, 550x785
Who /has a great mom/ here?

>NEET life as long as I'm happy and promise not to try and kill myself again
>mfw
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.