[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know whats the worst feel? Being to dumb to create something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: fSSh7df.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80 KB, 500x421
You know whats the worst feel?

Being to dumb to create something that people care about.

Take undertale for example. It doesent matter if you like it or not. I'm not a big fan of it, too.

But there are tons of people out there that have enjoyed it and make fanstuff and shit. They cried over the story. People love it and care about it.

How amazing must it be to be the one guy who created that? Knowing that hundreds of thousand of people enjoyed your creation. You got to their hearts.

I will never feel that.

I could die today and nobody would miss anything, becuase I will never create anything of value.

Worthless.
>>
>>24291193
That's why I keep
>working on my art
Senpai. Sure it may be nothing
>impressive
Right now but it will be one day. I'm going to guess you are 16
That's plenty
>of time
To become good at anything really
>>
>>24291257
I'm not. I'm fucking 24. I'm the same age as the guy who created undertale.

This depresses me even more.

And I know that the only one to blame for this is myself.
>>
I am doing the opposite of what you're supposed to do about these feels. Instead of working on my own shit I undermine everyone else's work and the people who praise it, but I don't want to shut off my ability to critically think about art in particular either. It's cool that almost everyone is making stuff now but that doesn't mean it's all impressive just because they were brave enough to put it out there.

I feel like if I can't completely blow people away with something it's not worth it.
>>
>>24291295
You could become good enough to make undertake in two years, it really isn't that impressive. Just think of what you could make in ten
>>
>>24291360
That OK but nobody really cares about your opinion you sound really insecure btw
>>
>>24291412
You type like a girl and sound pretty mad yourself. Did you get lost on your way to your DA hugbox?
>>
The worst thing is having such shattered confidence that you can't try your best at anything. It's ridiculous but I can't reason with it. My heart is beating like a fucked clock just thinking about the work I have to do for tomorrow. It's been like that all day and I've been putting my work off, 15 minutes at a time. Now it's 10:30pm and the cycle's going to repeat tomorrow, only I'll be twice as tired because now I have to work into the night.
>>
>>24291477
K
Trolling all those artist sure makes you sound like a big boy I'm sure you could show them how better you are if you could
Insecure faggots like you are a dime a dozen here, go back to being worthless background
>>
>>24291257
if you want recognition based on the autistic way you post, just adopt a trip already so that we can all filter you.
>>
>>24291489
Lol I've been doing the same all day. I did get some work done though
>>
>>24291489
That's probably because you hangh with people like big boy pants here >>24291477
All day tho
>>
>>24291381
Yeah, but you know it's not like I want to create undertale in particular. I want to create anything that people will love. Even if it's only 10 people. I want to get to the hearts of people, but I'm just to dumb and tired to do it.
>>
>>24291577
Ha-ha no I just shitposting for fun, you can follow me if you want tho.
The only way I seek validation is on my art but you wouldn't get that would you. Keep making 200 posts a day I'm sure at least ten of them will get a teply
>>
>>24291193

Jokes on you I've been adding to and adapting a story for the past 12 years in my skull, I'm incredibly artistically talented but I'm one of those autists that gets too invested in things and I know if I start doing it I'll be at it 15hrs a day. While I still have my youth I want to exercise and study and shit. When I'm a dying old fuck or a cripple I'll pull out my biro and pen the 2nd "graphic novel" worth reading.
>>
just remember

>the only thing that makes life beautyful is watching everything go to hell
>>
>>24291193
If you cannot inspire with what you create, and you probably can if you put enough time into it, you can inspire with what you do. Either way it comes down to the willingness to put in that time to be able to create something you're proud of and can touch others with.
You're not too dumb to make something meaningful, you're too apathetic.
>>
>>24291607
Well you need to start somewhere I started with 3d modeling but that's because it was taught on highschool some important keys that you need to know are that you don't need to do everytgin g yourself if you don't want to, to grow a thick skin,to do this always picture trolls like 12 year old redditors ( they mostly are) and remember they are more scared of you you are of them and remember that you don't need to be perfect right away to get people to like your stuff
>>
>>24291678
I guess you're right.

The problem is, I always have this story in my head. It follows me around everday for six years now. I always think through it, how it will turn out and so on.

But if I try to write it down, I will get so dissapointed in what I've written that I'll just delete it eventually. This story in my head is like a fucking tumor, and its not even a good story.

But yeah I know, I should just keep on writing.
>>
>>24291656
I'm sure you will start tomorrow any time soon anon
>>
>>24291360
>critics
>>
>>24291764
Get classes then, they are cheap if you look for them
>>
>>24291764
Honestly I know that feel when it comes to writing. I want to write my one story and in my head it's fucking perfect, but I know that if I just write it when I'm shit at writing then it's gonna be awful, so I need to practice writing to make my one story amazing. But I don't want to write anything but my one story because to me it's the best thing ever, but I know that it'll be shit if I don't have good foundations built. I think I like the idea of my story being written more than I like the idea of writing.
>>
>>24291825
Holy shit are you me? Thats exactly what I'm thinking.

Can you tell me about your story?
>>
My problem is I can never stick to anything. When I try to write a story I stop caring about it somewhere in the middle and have to force myself to keep going.
I once played around in Unity, but I kept jumping between ideas, never able to bring anything even close to a finished result.
>>
>>24291764
"The first draft of anything is shit." - Ernest Hemingway

Write it as well as you can and then polish it later.
>>
>>24291193
>to dumb
Its too dumb
>>
>>24291764
No one can write that story except you. If it's stuck with you this much that may mean it is actually worth a damn and you should try to write it.
>>
>>24292841
Yeah it was a typo
>>
>>24291193
The worst feel is actually have the creativity or intelligence to do something like that, but not the motivation. Wasted potential.
>>
>>24293994
>am pretty creative, well-read and learned about game design and writing
>fucking despise programming and actual game design

it hurts.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.