[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have driving practice today. I hate driving, how do I drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 400x380
I have driving practice today. I hate driving, how do I drive normally, robots? I need confidence. I've only done drifting in a friend's car. I'm scared of road rules

Help please
>>
>>24290916

1. be
2. yourself
>>
How do I stop gripping the wheel so hard that it hurts my hands?
>>
>>24291018
No but myself is being scared of normal driving.
>>
>>24290916
>tfw failed driving test 3 times already because I hate going out and practising driving
>>
driving is easy

it's other people driving you have to watch out for
>>
File: 34545654664564.png (217 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
34545654664564.png
217 KB, 480x480
If you don't know how to actually drive the car properly, watch some youtube videos or some shit. I'm sure there are loads of those to make you a little bit more confident. You can also just go look up some traffic laws. It's good to be prepared if you're nervous about it. If the practice is with a teacher in the traffic, remember to lower and relax your shoulders and remind yourself that if something goes wrong, he can easily take over and stop the car etc. you'll be fine
>>
>>24290916
Important part is getting a feel for the car. Once you've got enough practice, driving the car is just like walking (the same part of your brain handles both those things actually) and all you need to worry about is how to not be a dick on the road.
The only way not to be a dick on the road is by being a dick on the road for a while, until you get the hang of it. Don't worry about being a dick, it's OK. Driving is the perfect robot activity because you're never around the same people long enough for them to interact with you in any meaningful way.
As long as you make sure not to crash the car, you'll get through the dick phase and be able to drive normally. Some people never make it through this phase.
Not crashing the car isn't hard if you actually pay attention. Most accidents are caused by either deliberately doing something retarded, or not paying attention and getting hit by somebody deliberately doing something retarded.
If you're worry about crashing, look up dashcam crash videos on youtube (in your country) and go through the crashes at 0.25 speed. You can see what they fucked up and how you can avoid doing the same things. That helped me when I was learning.

Don't worry too much about the road rules, make sure you're going along with the other cars. If you're the only one following the rules, it's as dangerous as if you were the only one not following the rules.
Know and understand the rules and then you can break them.
>>
You need practice OP. It sucks that you have to pay lots of money in driving school for practicing, but once you got that license try to drive as often as possible.
Know that feeling when you first played FPS and felt like you couldn't do shit? And after playing for a couple of weeks, stuff like knowing the maps, reloading and aiming were burned into your brain? This is exactly the same.
>>
I played burnout 3 and read the state rulebook the night before. Perfect score on theory, passed practical just as smoothly. I understand yurokeks having trouble driving but you don't even have to spell your name right and you still get a driver's license in the states. I cannot imagine being so stupid that I fail drivers test. Like do you have sticky notes reminding you to breathe too? Do you have to label dishwashing soap as not drink. Smh desu senpai.
>>
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention because I just take it for granted, but I never took drivers special ed or practiced either outside of burnout 3 and Mario kart. Smh baka
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 2048x1375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 2048x1375
Thanks guys! Appreciate the help
>>
>>24290916

i absolutely hated driving too. It made me fucking anxious and uncomfortable.

Then i said fuck everything and went for a drive at night completly alone, and i realised that it wasnt the driving that made me anxious, it was the people constantly telling me what to do and what im doing wrong.

I love driving now.
>>
File: 1363027406840.png (28 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1363027406840.png
28 KB, 633x758
>tfw got panic attacks and had my legs shaking uncontrollably during the driving exam
>failed twice
>bribed the examiners to pass the 3d time
That's the most shameful thing about my self I can think of desu.
>>
>>24291905

How did that go?

>I-I-I'll sh-share my tendies w-with you if pass me
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.