[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I'm going to college soon and I've been accepted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
Hey I'm going to college soon and I've been accepted to an art school for 80000$ for game design.
I'm not sure it's a good idea
What's a relaxing job/degree I can use that utilities computers?
Help me
>>
>>24290167
Don't go to art school unless you're fabulously wealthy. If you really want to get into game design, move somewhere where there are studios that you are interested in and study near there, even at public university. You won't have as much debt and it's likely your professors can help you make connections,
>>
>>24290167
You should go to school for computer science if you like game design. "Game design" courses are basically just diploma mills.
>>
>>24290216
Well it's in Seattle, one of the top video game places in the USA.
Is there any other computer relaxing jobs?
>>
>>24290245
I suck at codeing and HATE it
>>
>>24290167
information systems.

not nearly as difficult as CS, and will probably get you a decent IT job starting around 40k.
>>
>>24290167
You're payking $80k for an art degree? I go to a state college and 4 years is only like $28k.
>>
>>24290167
Don't take the fucking bait OP
You're being baited
I've been in this situation and it ends with a lot of fucking debt
>>
Learn c# and make a shitty game in unity its not hard
>>
>>24290270
Is this a fucking joke?
You want to get into game design but hate coding?

Good fucking luck with that buddy
>>
>>24290167
>game design
Good thing all I want to be is an artist.
>>
>>24290167
>game design
you don't need a specific degree to do game design. How many great game designers spent 80k on a game design diploma? Study on your own.
>>
>>24290247
lmao you're actually going to spend $80k to go to digipen. fuck off you retard, you won't ever pay off that debt unless your parents pay for it in the first place.
>>
>>24292052
This. Shit OP, you don't need even need a diploma.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.