[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you try to change ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
Why don't you try to change ?
>>
>>24283977
Free will doesn't exist.
>>
Every time I try I lose interest in 2 days and go back to lying in bed

Most recently I tried learning python, I was enjoying it but I haven't touched it in weeks
>>
While humans are very adaptive, change is still very hard to mentalize.
>>
>>24283977
I'm terrified of loosing who I am, even if who I am is not all too great. I'm meticulously independent and actively concerned with trying to detect and isolate outside influences.

I've heard these are on symptom charts for some mental conditions.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 540x574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 540x574
Because change is hard, uncomfortable and terrifying
>>
>>24283977
Because when we die nothing Will matter.
>>
>>24284255
>>24284127
>>24284097
>>24284079

That's why it's called change... YOU CHANGE, IT'S DIFFERENT.

>>24284284
And you wanna die as a loser ?
If in the end you die, why don't you try new things ?
>>
>>24284478
Because new things are scary and I'm afraid to suck at it/be rejected
>>
>>24284546
This.
I've got a pretty damn bad track record of sucking at things. Eternal losing kinda wears on your esteem.
>>
>>24284478
A good life is still just a life.
>>
>Jim Rohn
>Rim John
>>
>>24283977
Thats a retarded quote not worth quoting or talking about.
>>
>>24284478
What does it matter if you dies as a loser? Who cares if you're a loser or not?
>>
>>24283977
>Try
And fail
>>
File: test.jpg (107 KB, 499x700) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
107 KB, 499x700
>>24283977

You could be a normie by this time next week... if you're into that for some reason

www.selfstairway.com/wp-content/uploads/First-Impressions.pdf
>>
I work to change myself every day.

The only discouraging thing is that everyone around me seems to already be how they want to be. They don't have to change to be happy.
>>
>>24284284
who is that trouser arouser?

original desu familia
>>
>>24284039
Why would that matter at all? Even if determinism is true that doesn't mean you drop everything in your life and not give any effort at all.

Free will may not exist but will power and choices do affect your life.
>>
>>24285296
I'd like to know too, but I don't. I'm on phone so I can't reverse search
>>
>>24283977
>Why don't you try to change ?

I don't know.

If I knew, I would certainly try to change, or at least try to find a workaround about the reason why I'm unable to change.

>>24284039

This. I'm unable to decide to change. Totally irrational, not even a choice more like a phobia or an addiction to failure.

Very hard to explain with words. Doesn't even make sense from my point of view. I haven't showered this week and I'm trying hard to move to the bathroom.
>>
>>24284127
Just adopt a Buddhist view of the self. There is no self.
>>
Because it's all fruitless in the end. You die, get buried six feet underground and that's that. Show's over. It's like a game of Monopoly--no matter how much property you accumulate, in the end of the game it all goes back in the box. Doesn't matter if you won or lost, it still goes back in the box.

And since this world is a cold and pitiful place with little to offer in the way of happiness, why should I change at all? The best course of action is to simply avoid pain through distractions, which is what I've been doing for as long as I can remember. Sure, I don't always succeed but hey, that's the nature of life.
>>
>>24283977
Because I'm not the problem. The entire world is. And before you start your plebeian normalcunt rambling, yes it is. The world is run by sociopaths encouraging rampant overpopulation and a global police state with a distinct dysgenic trend which is turning everyone into barbarians.

>But your happiness is all about you! Nobody else exists
Yeah, that's why I've become a hermit. But that's not how I wanted life to be.

TL;DR: You're shit, that's why my life is shit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.