[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people in trailers, small houses, and apartments sleep?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1447478925004.jpg (44 KB, 927x618) Image search: [Google]
1447478925004.jpg
44 KB, 927x618
How do people in trailers, small houses, and apartments sleep?

I live in a house with thin walls and I'm going insane. I'm doing everything I can just to sleep I can hear everything they do. A fan isn't doing anything either.
>>
someone outside was uncontrollably crying and started tapping on my window. couldn't tell if they actually needed help so i just stayed inside.
>>
>tfw I've been sleeping on the floor of my sister's living room for over a month
>tfw it's a one-bed apartment
>>
File: fuck this gay earth.gif (986 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
fuck this gay earth.gif
986 KB, 500x270
>>24283969
>loud neighbours with kids
>always making noise
>kids cry every 5 minutes
>parents shout a lot
>happens all hours of the day
>lights always on, even in the middle of the night
>want to go tell them to shut the fuck up but the dad looks deadly
>want to make loads of noise too but worried they'd tell me to shut up
>tfw too considerate even to cunts I hate
>>
>>24283969
I have it the same way. I need absolute silence when I sleep, I cannot even phantom living close to others, or god forbid, share a room with someone.

I shy away from events and gatherings if I am forced to share a room or sleep close to other people, because I know that I will literally not be able to sleep for a second and go insane.
>>
>>24284008
>>24284008
Was it a grill or boy?
>>
>>24283969
my mom runs a daycare so every morning around 7:30 there are kids screaming and parents being loud

initially I banged on the walls so they'd shut up but now I just wear ear plugs

can't wait until I graduate so I can move out
>>
>>24283969
On days when they go to work, my mum and stepdad wake up at like 6am to talk to each other. They don't bother whispering or walking around/doing things quietly. They don't even have to leave until like half 8 so almost every morning I'm forced to lay there half asleep just listening to them nattering away. When they do finally fuck off I try to fall back to sleep again but by that point I'm already wide awake so I just fucking get up with only 4-5 hours actual sleep. I even start just punching and breaking shit in my room some mornings because of how pissed off it makes me.
>>
>>24283969
Some people are heavy sleepers compared to you anon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_spindle

It's possible you have a low amount of sleep spindles compared to most people, do you suffer from insomnia?
>>
>>24284707
Same here man ear plugs don't work because I have a fucked up thing in my ear that hurts
>>
>>24284059
>I cannot even phantom
>>
>>24284080
sounded like a grill? idk for sure though, blinds were closed
>>
I don't have any problem sleeping in my apartment. I hear the upstairs neighbors moving around and anything with the plumbing is loud as fuck, but I sleep with a standing fan, a ceiling fan and the TV on. It makes for effective white noise.
>>
>>24283969

they drink. in the past, when people lived 9 to a room in buildings with walls as thick as one brick set horizontally, there were several pubs on nearly every street.
this is partly why suburbs used to be popular. escape the noise and the crowding. such conditions are bound to breed alcoholism and insanity, and it is to such conditions that we are returning, gradually and mostly imperceptibly.
>>
earplugs, dipshit
>>
I can't sleep even with silence. I've taken melatonin for almost ten years now.

>>24284059
Spooked.
>>
I found the cure for insomnia. Most people think hangovers are bad, right? Well they'd be wrong, more on that later.

I've always had trouble falling asleep. Then if I did fall asleep, I would wake up multiple times and have difficulty reestablishing sleep mode.

Now I take a shit load of dxm, dph, doxylamine, and alcohol. If you wake up it's because you are about to thirst to death or about to piss the bed. Get up and carefully go to the bathrrom without falling over if need to pee, or grab your two liter soda you thoughtfully had next to the bed for late night thirsties. Oh, did I say late night? It's actually 11:00. That's 14 hours of sleep. I know I shouldn't but I think I want to go back to bed now that I've had a couple pop tarts. That's another plus. Easy weight loss. You burn calories in your sleep and you're only awake long enough to quickly jam in 1000 calories here, maybe another 1000 later on, so you're at a deficit without even trying(unless you're a manlet lel)

Melatonin and magnesium work too. The cherry on top is putting on youtube one tab playing rain and thunder sounds, the other playing psybient/psychill playlist. This combined with a box fan and you're in your own little world.

I would steal trazadone, remeron, and thorazine from my sisters but they're crazy enough they would wake me up if they don't have their pills, even through my drug induced haze.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.