[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I have a serious heart condition. I get heart palpitation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: hero-patient-care.jpg (18 KB, 644x218) Image search: [Google]
hero-patient-care.jpg
18 KB, 644x218
I think I have a serious heart condition.

I get heart palpitation when resting, laying down and sleeping, high blood pressure especially after drinking alcohol. Couldn't sleep the last two days because I feel the heart palpitation when trying to sleep.

I didn't go to the doctor about it specifically yet because I am a bit embarrassed about it and because most of the times I go to a doctor they just tell me everything is okay.
>>
>>24281720
medi-fag here. get a nicotine patch and slap it on about 15 minutes before you start drinking, then try it.

in all seriousness, cardio will probably help you. go for long walks or slow jogs. it will help you.
>>
>>24281932

I have been doing lots of pushups, situps, pullups etc the last few years without doing much cardio, could that trigger such thing?

Also I often bingedrink and cant keep controll over how much I drink once I drink.
>>
>>24282590
Anybody in your family have any heart conditions?
What's your weight and do you smoke?
>>
>>24281720
I had something similar.
I could not even sleep because i just could not breath.
I would be so scared about having a heart attack, I would make sure to always be around people so that when i did have a heart attack they would get help right away.

It was all in my head though, as soon as the hospital said there's nothing wrong with me, i was fine.

But now I think i have a brain tumor. I'm such a fucking dickhead.
>>
>>24282612

Yes my father has a heart condition and his father has one.

I think its the thing where the heart valve doesnt close properly.

I am normal weight but I smoke.
>>
>>24282590

Also I have had a doctor look at my heart a year ago with ultrasound thing and he said its fine.
>>
>>24282680
Could be a hereditary condition.

Should avoid certain life styles if it runs in the family, you cold be prone to cardiovascular disease.

Check in with your doctor, he'll listen to your heart, but ask for a scan and a blood test anyway.
>>
>>24282678

>think I have aids
>think I have brain tumor
>think I am going to have a heart failure
>think I have lung/throat cancer
>>
>>24282704
Why did you go? Were you having the same symptoms?
>>
>>24282745
I was speaking to some homeless guy who had strange saliva and i was worried that his saliva would get into my beer or some how into my mouth and i would catch some kind of HIV.

All of the next weeks afterwards I was shitting it worried.

Health anxiety is a fucking curse.
>>
>>24282733

I want to quit alcohol completelly but I just have a very addicted personality. I can go weeks without, but at some day I will tell myself I am just going to drink one beer, but obviously it doesnt end with one beer.
>>
>>24282752

I have had some kind of seizure from the SSRI medication I got and it made my heart pound really fast, I dont take the medication anymore.
>>
>>24282792
It does not sound too bad.
Your liver will recover. Drink green tea. It's great.

Tastes like ass, but it's great for heart/liver.
2 cups a day, you'll be fine.
>>
Alcohol causes high blood pressure = normal

How high is it? Unless it's going to 200 or if you have it chronically (like for years on end) don't stress about it too much, you're fine.

I had palpitations too for a couple of months, wore a 24 hr heart monitor, ecg everything - turned out fine.

I had an irregular heart beat too for days, while going to bed, 15 skipped beats p/m at some point, even while on the monitor. They said nothing was wrong. Skipped beats are normal and hardly ever dangerous.

Palpitations aren't immediate cause for concern. Anxiety about them makes it worse.

Go to doc some time and ask for an ECG just to be sure. 99% chance you're a-ok dude.
>>
>>24282862
It's good to be told that there's nothing wrong with you.
>>
>>24282862

I think when its really bad one or two days after drinking it can be about 160 or more.

Yes, anxiety generally makes it way worse, but its not just as easy as to tell myself not to worry.
>>
>>24282916
If you die you die.
So what?
World will keep going. You just won't be on it.

Get pissed as shit, best way to go.
>>
>>24282862
>Tfw I started a super stressful job a year or two ago
>Gain weight from stress eating
>Only been to a doctor 3 times since, all when im sick or something (Severe Toothache,Eye Infection/Flu) and my BP is way high (Like 160)
>Tried to test at home but I hardly know what im doing and im getting results all over the place
>Going to see my doctor next weekend

I thought I would just be fat and happy till I died, but now facing the fact I may have a chronic condition brought on partially due to my obesity I want to lose weight
>>
>>24282950

Well I am not so much worried about dying, I think, I am just really worried someone might see my browser history or my files when I am dead.
>>
>>24282979
well, when you're dying make sure your close to your computer and keep a hammer on you at all times to bash your hard drive in with.
>>
>>24282979
oh yeah and make sure you die with an insane grin on your face.

I've always wanted that to happen.
>>
CUT CAFFEINE COMPLETELY

Then don't do physical exercises before bed(or anything heavy just do light cardio)

Drink water,etc
Don't anything heavy with salt

If it continues see a doctor. It might not even be heart related you know. I thought I had heart issues for years but it was my thyroid the entire time.

The thyroid is literally the jew of endocrine system.
>>
>>24282916
I know it's not, but really all of your symptoms are very normal, though annoying and scary, not a sign of heart disease. Do go to your doctor and ask for whatever you want, no shame in that, to make sure everything is fine, that's the most important thing. Even if it's just to give you some peace of mind, don't hesitate.

If things don't improve over the next few weeks, ask for a (try a low dose) beta blocker. That will help both the palpitations and the blood pressure. I ended up using it for 3 weeks and it stopped completely after day 1.

Good luck
>>
>>24283113

I dont drink any coffee, just small ammounts make me jittery and worsen my anxiety.
>>
>>24282959

Sucks bad

Your whole perception of health can change in an instant. I felt like OP did when I got those symptoms too, like I was going to die or something. Before that I thought I was invincible, I thought it would never happen to me, until it did.

Get well, get strong.
>>
>>24281720
This might just be anxiety. Might want to cut back on the alcohol.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.