[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see all these threads on /r9k/ about psychedelics being able
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
>see all these threads on /r9k/ about psychedelics being able to fix depression and anxiety
>decide to order a 10 strip of acid off the darknet
>it gets here and I take two blotters
>start having a horrible trip and completely panic, wake up my parents and tell them I'm dying
>they take me to the hospital where I get a catheter jammed up my dickhole, sedated, and thrown in a psych ward for 3 days
>when I get out they make me go to rehab
>it's completely humiliating, I go to Florida for 2 months and everyone finds out I never had a girlfriend because somebody was asking me when I was gonna call my gf and without thinking I said "What girlfriend?"
>even the worst of the addicts still have friends, have been in relationships, and some had full time careers and houses
>I'm literally more of a loser than the homeless drug addicts
>get home a few days ago and now I have to go to AA every day and see a counselor weekly because my parents think I'm a drug addict
>not allowed to take my xanax anymore because it's 'addictive', can never drink again because my parents told me they'd cut me off
>never wanted to kill myself so intensely

Is this what they call getting memed on? Did I just get trolled? Was the whole 'psychedelics will fix it' thing an elaborate trick, because you knew that some depressed loser would try it and not be able to handle it?
>>
You're a fucking idiot you didn't get trolled you are literally just retarded
>>
No one told you some people are terrible on psychedelics? I am one of them, I had a bad trip on shrooms and it's not worth ever risking that again. If you hate yourself and your life and everyone you know deep down do not take them.
>>
>>24273422
Fuck you, I thought it would fix me and I wouldn't be autistic anymore.
>>
>>24273448
>If you hate yourself and your life and everyone you know deep down do not take them
This
If you're that kind of person dissociatives are more up your alley
>>
>>24273449
You need *weed* for autism. Autists cannot trip.
>>
>>24273449
the pressure of being "autistic" and the desire to get over it+everything else wrong in your life probably led to a bad trip. Tripping on LSD is all about setting, mood and expectations.
>>
>>24273449
Feeling like you're dying is the best part of psychedelics. You just accept death & take another breath. Try mushrooms, they're less 'sharp' than acid. Just remember you're dying & breath. :)
>>
>>24273449

>"I'M DYINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!"

>Did I get memed on?

Next time have someone watching you or take less acid sport. I'm only 19 and I'm calling you sport. Kill yourself
>>
>>24273483
I've smoked it, I don't like it. Makes me nervous. I bought it off the darknet before and also bought GHB. GHB was my favorite one, it just calmed me down a lot and I could talk to people a lot better. Also done oxy a bunch of times because we had 3 full bottles leftover from surgeries I had years ago. Was really fun but it made me super nauseous.

>>24273516
Planning on it pretty soon, don't worry
>>
>>24273485
>the pressure of being "autistic" and the desire to get over it+everything else wrong in your life probably led to a bad trip

That is not something that just goes away without some kind of therapy or some understanding people in your life. Again weed helps to relax in social settings and just not give so many fucks about dumb shit. In my state it's legally prescribed to those with a diagnosis and I can attest to the ways it's helped as well as the disadvantages like money, risk, dealing with people who smoke + are fucked up on other drugs and make it all look bad.

LSD will exacerbate a mood you are already in but if your mood is subject to change for the worse because of a revelation you might have had about yourself then it's still going to get fucked up. I thought my own mother was trying to poison me.
>>
>>24273510
This
If you ride with the waves they'll carry you anywhere
If you try to swim against them they'll fucking crush you
Easier said than done
Remember OP you're in full control of when you choose to panic and when you choose not to
>>
>>24273526
Well I am not the type to tell you to try again. I know people who don't like it, or it makes them sleepy or anxious in public. For me I perk right up, stop being such a fussy sperg and it makes me want to clean/get shit done sometimes because I'm not so overwhelmed.
>>
>>24273448
I'm glad you used "some people", anon. Good job. Some people--no 'pun' or whatever intended--believe all drugs affect everybody the same exact way.
>>
>>24273386
I don't get it. Why take 2 on your first time? Are you stupid? It also sounds like you had xanax on hand, why didn't you drop one of those when the trip turned bad?
>>
>>24273448
This is also true, some people just cannot trip without falling
>>
>>24273449
Set and setting. You did it in the wrong place.
>>
>>24273604
I did, it didn't help. I actually thought I was gonna die.
>>
I tried doing it the legal way with dr medication. Was hoping to get pills to numb all my emotions away. I still hate my life and contimplate suicide every few minutes. Now I just have a broken dick.

Thought about trying cocaine since a friend told me it gives you energy and makes you feel on top of the world. At first he wanted me to do heroine because it's like a warm fuzzy blanket in his words. But I just want to be happy and full of energy. Not asleep.
>>
>>24273526

I'm just kidding man. The punishment you got for just having a bad acid trip is fucked, hope you get out of all of that soon best of luck to you
>>
>>24273584
I am not one to make that mistake, I respect one's ability to decide for themselves if a drug affected them negatively or not. I always say it's the people, not the drugs, whenever there are drug-related problems.
>>
>>24273628
do both at the same time, literally a cure for autism
>>
>>24273386
i can relate OP.
i spent a year in this lockdown sober living place with a bunch of fucked up junkies having only ever drunk alcohol, making up stories or using stories i heard on old /r9k/ about friends, girls, and benders.

still sober though lol, i actually like AA
>>
Really most of your problems are coming from your parents being retards.
>>
>>24273657
...Except for heroin and pills. And like, meth. Those turn anyone into a shithead.
>>
>>24273386
top kek.
i also took nbome one time and freaked out, told my parents and they took me to the hospital. i did a bunch of stupid shit, even attacked a nurse, smashed a window in my house, told my dad to take me to some hookers etc. but the doctors said they couldnt do anything, to just take me home and watch me while the effects wore off. i fell asleep high and woke up next day. mom just told me not to do it again, dad didn't even say anything lol. next day it was like nothing happened.
>>
>>24273620
thinking you're going to die is pretty tame desu
>>
>>24273657
That's rational of you. Good stuff to see. I agree with you for the most part, depending on the drug, of course. If we're talking strictly psychedelics then they have since been found to hold no negative link to mental disorders so that's great news.
>>
>>24273670
No one ever wants to admit this because it implies it's irresponsible for idiots to reproduce.

OP's parents are socially inept given that they think any amount of drug use is a sign of addiction and treating their son like a convicted criminal, no wonder they can't figure out he used the drugs to enable himself socially in the first place.
>>
What exactly was the reasoning behind the catheter? Sounds like you just needed some Ativan or some shit and you probably would've been fine.
>>
>>24273725
Because they wanted me to piss in a cup and I couldn't piss
>>
>>24273744
For a toxicology report or something? I would think just taking a blood sample would be easier than a fucking catheter in the middle of a bad trip.
>>
OP, how old are you? I can't say for certain since I don't know you personally, but I think a lot of your problems have been coming from, are currently coming from, and will continue to come from your parents. I think you'd feel a lot better if you cut ties between you guys for a little bit.
>>
Someone can't handle his shit.
>>
>>24273744
i'm >>24273689
your parents are assholes lol. damn it was my one and only trip. it felt so fucking amazing, literally mind blowing. but i guess it proves its kinda dangerous lol.
>>
>>24273386
Dude, you start with a quarter, not two full squares
>>
I think if you want to be a parent in the 21st century, you need to be ready to handle bad drug experiences.
>>
>>24273761
I don't know, because they're fucking idiots. I was too fucked up to understand I could refuse to give a sample.

>>24273768
I've never had the illusion that they came from anywhere else, my dad is the epitome of a beta provider. A literal autist who got trapped into a marriage with kids he didn't want.
>>
I'm one of the people who started spreading the meme that psychedelics cure depression on /r9k/

Soon after I started talking about it, a lot of NEETs bought their drugs off the darknet in an effort to cure themselves

Feels weird having so much power desu
>>
>>24273781
Are you ironically posting good advice or do you genuinely think that happened?
>>
>>24273798
Sucks that your parents weren't able to help you through your experience more. Really the only help the hospital could give you they couldn't was give you sedatives. You probably would've been better off if they just gave you a couple Xanax and tried to get you to calm down on their own.
>>
File: 1253588.jpg (26 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1253588.jpg
26 KB, 620x400
S-sorry that happened to you and on sounds like they overreacted just because you had a bad trip not to minimalize your bad trip I tried mushrooms many years ago and had a bad trip myself I now know that only 75% of people get the good trips and statistically 25% of people will not have good trips on mushrooms I do not know if this is scientific or applied to LSD

sounds like they overreacted a bit alcohol I find it very useful even if neurodegenerative

low dose xanax is hardly super addictive if you're seeing a psychiatrist and therapist they definitely overreacted you were just trying to do something that you thought would help you I want to give you praise for that however half the people here are complete fucking morons and want to push their quote LSD or shrooms will cure everything lalalalala unquote they mean well but anxiety disorders do not go well with psychedelics unfortunately I smoke weed and drink the weed gives me paranoid these days or most of the time I really like to methamphetamine but that was highly addictive I hope I will be able to get sound adderall and take it responsibly with my SSRIs and abilify sometimes life isn't perfect or right or fair I'm haunted by intrusive thoughts but I guess we all go through shit otherwise we wouldn't be alive otherwise hang in there anon
>>
people advising others to do psychedelics to cure depression is the most hilariously cruel thing ive ever seen. same thing with 'make sure to take at least two tabs your first time' advice
>>
>>24273780
nobody ever responds to my posts. am i shadowbanned?
>>
>>24273850
*and drink alcohol not drink the weed rofl
>>
File: 1446266619330.jpg (77 KB, 468x540) Image search: [Google]
1446266619330.jpg
77 KB, 468x540
Psychedelics fags always neglect to say that psychs will most likely fuck your shit up if your already a mentally unstable robots.
Any enlightenment these idiots think they get you quickly realize is nonsense when they try explain it.

Psychedelics are so over rated
>>
>>24273863
No, you aren't.

Also OP, I just realized you said you had a Xanax script. Did you not realize that taking benzodiazepines will mellow out a bad trip? That's almost undoubtedly the same kind of shit they gave you on the hospital. You could've done that on your own.
>>
>>24273780
Not shadow banned
>>
>>24273483
>Autists cannot trip.
False. Officially diagnosed autist here. I've done lots of shrooms and they definitely had the expected effects. But no real long term benefits.
>>
>>24273604
>Why take 2 on your first time?
You only get one first trip.

>why didn't you drop one of those
That was the only real stupidity.
>>
>>24273822
Not kidding, if you want to do acid start with little, also you might want different kind, not 10 of the same.

Next time download a nice trance set, hydrate yourself and don't go all in
>>
>>24273895
>always mention that I received no "enlightenment" whenever I did it and only had my serotonin levels balanced
>rarely get a response because it doesn't fit into the comfortable perceived lie that ignorant people believe and follow
sadfrog.exe
>>
>>24273962
Yeah but it seems like you're trying to offer OP genuine advice as if the events in his story actually happened.
>>
File: 1447005395047.jpg (28 KB, 300x336) Image search: [Google]
1447005395047.jpg
28 KB, 300x336
Shouldn't have underestimated the power of lsd anon. 2 tabs could've been up to 500 mics which can result in an experience that could easily throw an experienced tripper in over his or her head.
>>
>>24273386
>mummy! daddy! wake up im dying help me!

jesus man what were you thinking
>>
>>24273386
If they thought you might have a girlfriend it means you must look reasonably good. What the hell is the problem there? You seem like a failed normie.
>>
>>24274016
I think he was making fun of me actually
>>
>>24273526
>get nervous smoking weed
>hey I should try acid
WHO DOES THIS
>>
haha I was real depressed once and took some acid hoping it might help but I just cried for like 7 hours straight over how much of a deeply sick unhealthy broken human I was

just sobbed and sobbed, uncontrollably

and this one other time I was living in a tent in my parents yard because I'm a loser anyway I dropped a tab and had a gigantic panic attack absolutey freaked the fuck out couldn't see the world got lost in this mind world then started hyperventilating convinced that at it's core reality is a panic it's so uncomprehensibly insane but I had planned for this so I pounded this cheap beer around 12 even though I can hardly eat or drink on acid because it feels so fucked up if I didn't have alcohol I would of freaked and screamed or some shit prolly end in a psych ward, before it was full blown I was debating getting my mom to hold me but it was starting to pour rains and water was leaking on my bed in the tent fuck it sucked

but it was nothing compared this panic attack I had once on these new noids, fucking craziest shit my parents called the amberlamps I was spewing couldn't breathe thought I was in this level world like different levels in a tree and we were like these strange alien beings andof course I was one breath away from death perpetually I started choking and spewing and then these ambulance people who I thought were like these fucked up beings I started fighting one but they shot my with some benzo I think and I came back. It was made way worse cos I just started lithium and mirtazipine and felt so fucked up anyway like I was tripping anyway I called my doctor but he idn't understand he's just like oh yeah a light 'stoned feeling is common but I'm completely tripping out and mymom had to take me to afterhours hospital a couple days prior because I lost contact with reality and couldn't speak and my muscles started jerking and shit

it was crazier than mescaline imo, when I went on lithoum/mirtazipine, constant for like 2 weeks
>>
>>24274098
Noids are some heavy shit, the most intense experience of my life was off AM-2201, literally thought I had gone insane never to return to reality
>>
>>24274007
It's easy to have a bad trip even on less than 100ug. But yeah, doing 2 the first time is asking for trouble.
>>
>>24274083
they're different man
>>
>>24273628
Do mdma/ecstasy instead.
It's the energy of coke, all your pleasure receptors are full force, the come down isn't as bad, and it lasts longer.
>>
>>24274098
The first few doses of mirtazapine I took gave me colorful CEVs but no other trippy feelings. But they weren't as detailed as I got from shrooms, more like glittering frost on glass. I quit mirtazapine because it seemed to be causing short term memory loss.
>>
>>24273386
this is my fav thing ive seen on here in a while omg. thank you. this is hilarious.

but seriously, just get a sponsor and tell him what happened and he'll notice you're not an addict. then get him to talk to your parents. if you don't have this disease then you don't have this disease.

/na represent/
>>
>>24274121
yeah that's a good one I also tried cl-2201, and some other -2201, also these other 'fcubinaca, or some shit

I tried like over 20 different ones makes weed look like childsplay

always used to just eyeball that shit (powder) and smoke it out of my ghetto lightbulb man I got so addicted would get like 4-6 panic attacks a day but when they wore off I would just smoke more and started getting fucking paranoid started arming myself and at one point I was sharing a flat installed all these cameras in my room pointing at the street and behind me so I could display on the tv looking forward and see the room behind me so no-ones there, got some guns and shit massive machete was trying to figure out how to electrify the doorknob and then my flatmates started freaking out and called these psych people on me but I talked them away got super paranoid about people barging my door down so I'd barricade it and just started never leaving piss and shit in a plastic bag and put in a paint bucket

some crazy times though, noids are so powerful, you can also cook them into shit
>>
I know I would have a bad trip that's why I don't fuck with that stuff.
>>
>>24274284
I always wanted to get a whole bunch and spray it on mullein and sell it, but I knew at some point somebody would lose their shit and possibly kill themselves, didn't feel like going to jail.

Wish I hopped on the methylone/mephedrone train, you could get that shit for dirt cheap and it was great. MXE too, I miss that a lot.
>>
mushrooms vs lsd - which are you less likely to have a rough time?
>>
>>24273386

Sounds like your parents are handling this rather poorly.
>>
>>24273386
Your fault for taking 2 tabs, for your first time, in your parents house, and not doing adequate research so you had a reasonable idea of what to expect. Your parents are over-reacting, but you really did bring this on yourself.
>>
>>24273386
You bought 10 but only used 2? What happened to the rest? I think they did the best for you when they evaluated you for only giving a 20% effort, where I'm from, 59% is an F!
>>
>>24274372
low dose shrooms

shrooms are actually pretty cool. it's like the feeling of acid you could call a digital calculator, and for shrooms it's like scraping symbols in the forest mulch

mescaline is like desert tequila visions like lsd mix with morphine

salvia is like getting punched in the face until your brain explodes into millions of legos

dmt is like seeing the 5th dimension where beings live and communicate

ketamine is like a supernova whipping your body at warp speed into a black hole

dxm is if dubstep or grime was a drug

ether is really strange and underrated womp womp womp and you can feel things in the world, like normally bodily feelings are where your body is but on ether you can feel the seat you're on as if it's part of your body or trees blowing in the wind it's like your spine connectes to the tree and moves with it, also it straight up feels good being an anasthetic

nowadays I just take opiates. most harmless drug really, no mindfuck just good feels and depression cure/positive about life/existence and future and world. it's like liquid optimism and it feels good to be alive I'm high on morphine right now
>>
>>24273850
You type like a fucking retard. That was annoying as fuck to read.
>>
>>24273386
When you get 10 acids, you gotta eat 10 acids, even when your dealer fronts them, and all you gotta do is sell 4, you should still take 10 at a time.
>>
You took too much. I made the same mistake. Supposedly the trips that are the hardest and most traumatizing are actually the most beneficial, they open your eyes to exactly what you're not happy with in your life.

Trust me, I thought I was dying too. I was dry heaving and shit.. it was pretty bad.
>>
>>24274727
this. a 10 strip cured my depression, or at least took my mind off it for a while
>>
>>24274522
Crack is pretty spectacular, you get that WOMP WOMP WOMP sound you hear on nitrous/ether and you feel like the second coming of Christ.
>>
man, you got FUCKED UP
>>
>tfw not living on cold baked beans and LSD every day
>>
>>24274098
you sound like a poisonous egomaniac i'd rather be far away from
>>
>>24273815
I wonder how many robots had bad trips and suicided because of that meme, kek
>>
I did 10 tabs of acid once and had a bad trip.
It was the worst empty feeling I could ever imagine. It was incredibly awful.
>>
tfw too socially retarded to find a drug dealer
>>
>>24274171
>MDMA
>energy of coke
tbqhfam i don't think you've done either
>>
the first time i tripped i had a bad one and didnt slept for two days, and even sneaked in my mums bed to sleep with her
>>
>tfw too dumb to buy drugs off darknet

I know Id fuck up and get caught
>>
>>24274999
Did your sexual organs touch, no matter how slightly?
>>
>>24274999
Thats hot. Can you make up a greentext story i can fap to?
>>
>>24273941

>You only get one first trip.

Yeah, most people take the minimum and manage to have an enjoyable experience and not fuck up their entire life. But dude brah, take that extra mind-altering drug that you have never tried to handle before, it'll be like tots cool ayyyyy
>>
>>24274522
dmt and shrooms both sound pleasant

Only done weed and opiates. I dislike opiates, get itchy, naucious, and cant sleep. Was on various forms for a few years.
>>
>>24275065
>>24275072
oh you guys, i only had to feel the life affirming warmth of maternal love
i went to her bedroom and told her i couldnt sleep at all, so i asked her if i could just sleep besides het and ofc she let me

>i was like 20 and realized that i havent slept with my mom for more than a decade so couldnt resist it and hugged her for some mins
>>
>>24274372
shrooms probably. I find acid less visual but more challanging and confronting in the thinking dept. The body high is different but kinda similar in intensity.
>>
>>24275168
that sounds nice anon.
>going through very hard time in life
>hadnt seen mom in two years
>drive ''home'' in the middle of the night
>cry as she held me for a few hours
>wake up on the couch with breakfast cooking and my favorite tv channel on, wrapped in a comfy blanket and my face has been washed

feels good to have a parent thats cool.
>>
>>24275168
>i only had to feel the life affirming warmth of maternal love

>tfw you haven't felt this feel since single digits
>tfw you just want your mom to hug you and tell you it'll be alright

i think i have mommy issues
>>
File: wp5f672b3c.gif (6 KB, 80x50) Image search: [Google]
wp5f672b3c.gif
6 KB, 80x50
>>24274098
funniest thing i have read tonight oh my god
>>
File: 1444069159918.png (151 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
1444069159918.png
151 KB, 449x442
>>24273386
After my experience with a certain three letter psychedelic, I've come to the conclusion they are only as useful and as potent as the user's mind and will can allow them to be. Not an original thought, but one that never seems to be untrue.

Taking something without understanding its effects or even how it helps people is a fucking stupid idea. Never follow OP's example.
>>
>>24274604
Was talking into my phone.. Sorry...
>>
You fucked up. Some people can do psychedelics alone, but obviously you needed a sitter.
>>
>>24274522
Sounds good do u get it from a dealer or script I wants the morphines but no jobi assume it would bankrupt me without a script
>>
>>24273386
It's called set and setting dumbass
>>
how the fuck do you people find drugs
>>
>>24275517
We order them online.
>>
>>24273909
>at if
if youre still here can you please elaborate on the effects you felt
>>
>>24275517
My guess? People know people. You don't really need amazing social skills to gain a social circle with a few drug users.
>>
>>24275517
I met some friends a while back and kept in touch. Dont go out of your way if you aren't in high school anymore. Or just try to find old heads.
>>
>>24275045
Pretty sure you'd just get caught on darknet regardless but basically I am in the same boat.
>>
>>24275582
Exactly what everybody else reports.
Standard psychedelic visuals, body size/shape distortion, time warping effects (including subjective precognition), music sounds much better, sense of touch altered. One time with high dose lying down in darkness I achieved what I can only assume is the "ego death" people talk about. Complete loss of awareness of the boundaries of my body, complete loss of sense of time. It felt like I was viewing the whole universe at once as a four-dimensional crystal. Completely impossible to believe in free will or a sense of identity. The universe is a vast and impersonal entity of infinite size, and therefore all humans have literally zero significance in comparison. It sounds like some Lovecraftian horror thing but actually I "felt" (in as much as emotions made sense at the time, and I have poor awareness of my emotions anyway) perfect calm. I suspect this is the same experience some people have called "God". I didn't bother continuing taking shrooms after that except for occasional social use because it felt like I had completed the game of psychedelic use.
>>
>>24273386
NA is better than AA for this.

That's all I have to say.
>>
>Next time have someone watching you or take less acid sport.

> I'm only 19 and I'm calling you sport.

You might need to calm down son it's almost bedtime. I'm only 31 and I'm calling you son. Kill yourself.
>>
>>24274522
special k ftw, havent had since dj irene in '99
it's all about that k-hole desu senpai
>>
File: wrong.gif (969 KB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
969 KB, 250x175
I've had no problem the few times I've done it. Most that happened was I got worried that I was going to space out and poop my pants because making it to the toilet was an ordeal.
Did it three times with friends but each time it happened they kind of left me alone while they went and tried to talk about "deep metaphysical shit" outside. I hated outside so I just sat on my couch watching anime. Thinking about doing it on my own. Any tips for dropping by your lonesome? I know get into a comfortable mindset and safety proof the place but anything else?
>>
>>24273719
I don't know why, but I found this weirdly profound
>>
>>24276242
It's the disturbance in the hay fields, I'm telling you. The shadow of an isolated frontman is all the heathens barron these days. There's no use in stalling it foreward.
>>
>>24273850
hey I love ya
>>
>>24273386
ummm, op, first off acid is for pros. you should have just taken a small dose of shrooms.
>>
File: 1385921131673.jpg (251 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
1385921131673.jpg
251 KB, 983x1013
>>24276268
yes, the hay fields
>>
File: 1343056252620.jpg (7 KB, 113x142) Image search: [Google]
1343056252620.jpg
7 KB, 113x142
>>24274083
>implying OP isn't just going overboard with potent strains bought off the darknet
n1 m8
>>
>>24276334
The jawfuls don't play in the mire, come these callings. They much prefer the 'sapphire' hobbies, the undercave conducts of misfiring able batter. It's not a life to be tainted with, much less one to be a client of.
>>
How is it even possible to be so autistic on 2 tabs? I dropped 2 tabs of acid the first time i ever did it at some high school "party" (i use quotations because they were all straight edge, no drugs at all, just sitting around playing smash bros and board games). I mean, yeah it was pretty fucked, but I relatively kept my cool. I just sat there and played games while everything warped around the edges and shit. Was totally wack.
>>
>>24275168
Man, I probably would have done the exact same thing if I wasn't at some random dude's house. First time I tripped, I wouldn't call it a necessarily bad trip, but at one part I really wanted to "hug a warm motherly figure", as I put it.
>>
File: LSDPEPE.jpg (5 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
LSDPEPE.jpg
5 KB, 124x124
Why didn't you just take the xanax when you were panicking during trip?
>>
>>24273386
I wasn't aware of the LSD will fix depression meme but I now know it's around. I personally took two blotters and had a terrible trip that was the worst day of my life. I then couldn't sleep for another day because I was so stressed out. Lesson was learned that I shouldn't fuck with psychedelics. I then looked into it and apparently LSD is fucking terrible for those of us that are depressed. I personally don't think any true robot should try it, it will bring out the darkest thoughts you have and ruin what's left of yourself. I hope you can find a solution to this. Personally, I ordered 60 Yellow Orleander seeds and will consume those to anhero. It cost me $25 and one is supposedly enough to kill you so 60 should work.
>>
psychedelics are awesome rofl
>>
>>24273386
I took acid on Friday with mates, had a fucking great day AMA
>>
File: 432423.jpg (272 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
432423.jpg
272 KB, 620x620
>>24273895
The thing is OP is a manchild if youre actually a mature person its almost impossible to act like a retard like he did
psychedelics are way more soberminded than people think
>>
You need dissociatives, not psychadelis my friend.
>>
>>24274098
Is your period key broken?
Jesus what a mess.
>>
>>24273485
>Tripping on LSD is all about setting
>>24273618
>Set and setting.
>>24275439
>It's called set and setting

I hate this phrase. I hate the smug air of drug-deferent ('you must learn to respect the substance!') wisdom with which this cliche gets repeated whilst being devoid of content (it actually manages to be redundant within three fucking words), and with no variation whatsoever (in the typical manner that druggies confuse the mundane for the creative). I hate the way it implicitly presents the fact drugs are mere mood amplifiers as some sort of quality that demands attention. I hate the fact that such a banal fact has got a phrase altogether.
>>
>>24273895
This desu senpai.

My feels ran the fuck away on LSD, I mean really I was going crazy!

I sort of still feel the effects even, but the enlightenment is not nonsense, they are seeing the world like how a child sees it, but with greater awareness because theyre mature.

It really does change how you see the world, not giving you new knowledge to know specific details, but having a different attitude and sort of spiritual faith.

But the anxiety is very real for me. Its like looking at words and feeling detached from them, like theyre some sort of code and random shit, as random as atoms. Then I feel like the whole world has no foundation, and I'm going to spiral downwards forever.

I mean it it really did make my anxiety a million times worse
>>
File: 1440973096925.jpg (45 KB, 820x296) Image search: [Google]
1440973096925.jpg
45 KB, 820x296
>>24273386
Shouldn't have pussyed out. This is the spirit world punishing you.

But seriously, who turns to their mum and dad during a trip?
>>
>>24279886
>I sort of still feel the effects even, but the enlightenment is not nonsense, they are seeing the world like how a child sees it, but with greater awareness because theyre mature. It really does change how you see the world, not giving you new knowledge to know specific details, but having a different attitude and sort of spiritual faith.

LITERALLY the belief in Sagan's invisible dragon.

>'Drugs made me understand something new.'
>'Oh? What about?'
>'It's not about anything specific, it's about life.'
>'Well, what does it predict?'
>'It's not knowledge in the scientific sense.'
>'Well, what can it be put to use about?'
>'It's extremely personal.'
>'Well, try to verbalize it for me.'
>'It cannot be put in words.'

So you've got yourself an inspecific, unpredictable, uncommunicable, unverbalizable piece of 'understanding'. But it's still totally understanding, believe me!

>druggies
>>
>>24273386
lel dumbass, why did you take 2 tabs of acid. should have done half of 1 to start with
>>
File: 1409006388752.jpg (19 KB, 335x303) Image search: [Google]
1409006388752.jpg
19 KB, 335x303
>>24273386
You're a fucking idiot OP, let me tell you why.

>set and setting, prepare yourself for the trip beforehand by getting music to calm yourself. Remind yourself that it's only a drug and will be done in a few hours, this won't last forever. If you feel anxiety or depression during the trip, ask yourself why you are feeling that emotion. If it's for no reason then change the set and/or the setting.
>not turning off your phone before to avoid situations exactly like this.
>taking two blotters your first time

If you did your research or even ask /r9k/ beforehand then you could have avoided this. The thing that really rustles me though is the fact that normies think psychedelics are as bad as amphetamines/opiates and say it's addictive when it isn't. Also the fact they actually gave you addictive substances like xanax when you just took one of the most harmless physical damaging drugs is mind blowing to me.
>>
>>24279932
My uncle is very vehement on insisting these attitudes beset by lsd and dmt which he routinely does, but he goes a bit overboard on his beliefs. He is too specific, and so to any rational person it makes him seen dogmatic and religious, and thus untrustworthy like hes trying to sell you something.

Because of that attitude he had I was very annoyed by drug users. But when I tried them myself I realized that there is something to them, but it is to be kept to yourself. The attitude is very very peaceful, and if I focus I can feel harmonious. Like I am being directed by an omnipresent god.

It doesnt mean I am exempt from physics and all, but it gives me hope desu senpai. There is certainly a value in them, just make sure not to lose the forest for the trees
>>
File: NASA_child_bubble_exploration.jpg (593 KB, 1500x908) Image search: [Google]
NASA_child_bubble_exploration.jpg
593 KB, 1500x908
>>24279942
>tfw first time tripping took 10 tabs >_<
>>
>>24280029
You just repeated your first post, with a little bit of moving the goalposts/strawmanning ('they're not that meaningful, but they're meaningful').

I ask that druggies stop referring to their trips as 'broadening awareness', 'giving understanding', , 'eye-opening', and so on, which is going to attract and expose innocent people to their adverse effects. If you need to do it, refer to them truthfully, as (a small part of) what is really happening: 'they altered my emotional outlook and made me more passive'.

Wishful pleas. This will literally never happen.
>>
>>24279932
You're literally projecting a conversation and implying this is what LSD users actually say. LSD made me more happier with myself, that's all.
>>
>feels he is about to die
>runs to his fucking parents

Yeah, you're not ready. Maybe next time you will be able to face death like a man. Smh
>>
>>24280074
>implying this is what LSD users actually say

Implying? No, just selecting from my cache of phrases I've heard druggies use.

When you have read and talked with as many of them as I, you'll realize that my quotations are accurate.
>>
Also.

>>24280074
>that's all

Wrong.
>>
>>24273386
>'psychedelics will fix it'
You have to be very stupid to fall for that. You deserve what you got.
>>
>>24273386
>be young me, 16
>mostly positive about life
>take some acid
>play BF3
>fly helicopter in first person the entire match
>kamikazi helicopter near enemy mcom
>still on one life 10 mins in
>find an enemy
>shoot at him/her
>shooting the gun in-game felt like minutes
>was actually a few seconds
>i get the kill
>watch the enemies character collapse onto the ground
>feel extremely bad
>ponder about life
>realized I forced the enemy player to respawn
>quit game
>turn off console
>jumped onto my bed
>buried my face into my palms
>closed my eyes
>there was an empty world behind my eyes
>flashing lights and colors pry my eyes open
>get on my computer
>watch adventure time
>jake melts over and over again
>the entire episode felt like eons
>filled with happiness and sadness
>uncontrollable emotions melded my face
>the room around me breathes life
>I go into the restroom and look into the mirror
>look at my face
>see all my pimples and acne scars
>realize im ugly and its my fault
>filled with resolve

that was the first time I took acid, it was on earth day 2012 which felt ironic
>>
>>24273386
You're not being real. No one is that stupid. To come to an anonymous imageboard and take advice seriously. Fuck you!
>>
While psychedelics didn't "cure my depression" (maybe temporarily?), one thing I was able to do after dropping acid a few times is I'm better able to look at myself from an objective point of view and see what I'm doing wrong. Pre-acid I would dress so ridiculously autistic, now I know how to dress myself properly and have gotten laid as well
>>
File: 1446687186598.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1446687186598.png
129 KB, 724x611
>>24280068
Theyre meaningful in an entirely different way, I said theyre personally meaningful, that is this focal point of everything!!

Youre probably just a normie, you wouldnt understand
>>
>>24280236
>I'm better able to look at myself from an objective point of view and see what I'm doing wrong

i get this feeling when i smoke weed. i realize how retarded i think and act. if i spend too many months sober, though, i lose sight of that insight and fall into my regular thought patterns. maybe that's just because i make that much effort to change.
>>
>>24280275
Yeah, same here dude. I smoked weed yesterday and just thought about how stupid it is that I smoke cigarettes, and how stupid it is that I don't make any effort to socialize in school, and other things. It really helps me see myself for who I am
>>
>>24280248
See, since you've used 'psychedelics', the way your psyche works has been obscured to you. Your priorities have been shifted into cognitive insularism (not quite solipsism) ('my experiences are unique to myself', whose most infamously cliched expression is 'everyone has their own reality'), which has led you to broadening the definition of meaning from explanations of the physical world into 'everything I feel somehow about'. You feel some funny change after the trip, or some funny sensation, and instead of explaining it meaningfully (materialistically, through changes in the brain), you take it as a whole, and bend the term 'meaning' so to be able to say 'this experience was meaningful in some magic way other than its materialistic explanations'.

>>24280236
>I'm better able to look at myself from an objective point of view

This is a stunning perversion of the word 'see objectively'. Again, an increase in feeling about yourself (e.g. repulsion) stands in the way of objective understanding. For instance, you're now not aware that what happened with respect to your dress choices is simply empathy-based imitation of others' styles.

>>24280293
>I [...] thought about how stupid it is that I smoke cigarettes, and how stupid it is that I don't make any effort to socialize in school, and other things. It really helps me see myself for who I am.

'This thing I did was stupid' is subjective in the fucking most literal sense of the word. Only 'psychedelics' can make people as blind as to fail to see this.
>>
Did you even spend 5 minutes reading up on psychs? You have a xanax prescription. You could have eaten one and the trip would end almost instantly.

Sorry to hear about the other shit though. I like the neet life but I believe I'd have to get a job and move out if I couldn't have my bourbon. Maybe dxm or dph is more your speed. I enjoy shrooms but it's nothing like a bottle of dxm or butt full of mxe. You stop thinking, you stop being you. Everything falls away except a pervasive darkness and comfy.
>>
File: 1446883788123.jpg (161 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1446883788123.jpg
161 KB, 500x628
>on a hard mushroom trip
>think i'm going to die any second
>lay down on my bed and breathe deeply
>nothing happens
>>
>>24273861
What? You're fucking retarded. That's common advice as long as your not a pussy and don't go loco and think bugs are eating you.
>>
>>24280352
I bet you're fun at parties
>>
>>24280352
tl;dr druggie ramblings are to a certain (albeit minor) degree fixed when you search & replace every 'I saw (understood, realized, ...) that' with 'I felt that'.

This way, every 'I understood how stupid I have been' will be properly changed into 'I felt that I have been stupid', and every 'I realized I should have changed that', into 'I felt I should have changed that', with no drug-induced delusions of objectivity.

FTFY, druggies.
>>
>>24280422
>psychedelics
>addictive
>>
>>24280109
>>24280122
>you'll realize that my quotations are accurate.

Based on what exactly? Your personal experience based on the lsd users you've met in your life? Even if you met 1,000 people that isn't even 1% of the lsd users of the people who've taken it for the first time this year alone.
>>
>>24280418
Repeating a cliched insult hardly warrants its eventual acknowledgement.

>>24280430
What?
>>
Well OP and people in similiar situations.

It helped me but i educated myself for a while before i jumped into it..
I have had bad trips and they fucking suck...but now im at peace with myself...
But being sad always comes back in waves..
>>
>>24273386
Eat shit NEET. Next time ride the high you fucking fairy.
>>
>>24280352
>you take it as a whole, and bend the term 'meaning' so to be able to say 'this experience was meaningful in some magic way other than its materialistic explanations

No, I understand that its purely feeling, it has nothing to do with what I think the world works like, its how I feel about the world.
>>
>>24273386
Doesn't do much at all, pretty sure all the Beatles said too that they had no noticeable 'enlightening' effects.
>>
>>24273386
psychedelics are pretty fucking dumb and worthless. ive done darknet LSD 3 times. ive never had a bad trip but i still view it as a stupid waste of time -- nothing but cheap mind tricks and a state of drugged confusion with an annoying comedown.
>>
File: 1443516395354.png (197 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1443516395354.png
197 KB, 500x351
>decide to order a 10 strip of acid of the darknet
the fuck? how does one do this?
i can't find acid anywhere in my city
>>
>>24280434
Ah, more intellectual insularism which I described.

It is relatively sublime, although not at all undescribed by me already on /r9k/.

Faced with an argument, a druggie will point out to 'facts' he delusionally fancies relevant (incidentally, this is cognate to breaking conceptual boundaries such as of 'awareness'), such as 'you can never be 100% certain' (admittedly usually dressed in loftier terms, such as 'you don't understand the scientific method'). Another example, silly but deserving a mention through its ubiquity, is 'you can't judge it until you try it yourself', implying that third-person observation is somehow insufficient (utter arbitrary nonsense).
>>
>>24280489
I didn't imply anything that's in your post, I was simply asking what you were basing your assumptions on.

I'll ask again, what are you basing your assumptions on?
>>
>>24280488

>buy bitcoin
>use the plebbit darkweb market listing page to find a darkweb market (I use nucleus)
>pay a vendor in BTC for acid and wait for it to arrive in the mail

It's not hard senpai.
>>
>>24280536
do i need to torrent a proxy or something? i don't wanna get v&
>>
>>24280504
You know what?

I'll give you a gift. I'm going to refuse this question, and you'll, on the off chance that you're a /r9k/ regular, be able to claim that the 'anti-psychedelics fanatic' has literally refused to cite his sources.

This is going to literally be more fun for me than the tired exchange you'd otherwise begin, thinking it's novel ('no true psychedelic user', 'there're still exceptions', 'psychedelics are just a tool', plus the tedious, utterly vapid tug-of-war insistence that the crux of a phrasing lied exactly in that part which was lost in the paraphrase).

Enjoy.
>>
>>24280548
Yes, you need to torrent a proxy with adblock C++
>>
>>24280548
https://www.reddit.com/r/SotonTrees/comments/338r0z

>inb4 reddit
>>
File: T23MA.jpg (22 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
T23MA.jpg
22 KB, 299x288
>>24280564
okay but what do i actually need to do
>>
File: bump.jpg (39 KB, 468x313) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
39 KB, 468x313
>>24280584
thanks f.am you're my hero
>>
>>24280563
Again, I didn't imply anything that is in your post.

>be able to claim that the 'anti-psychedelics fanatic' has literally refused to cite his sources

Nah, I won't claim that, but I just find funny you end up mocking an opposing argument believing that you properly refuted it.
>>
>>24280584
Bookmarked man.. thanks.
>>
>>24280617
Past a certain point (or, simply, number of posts and threads), refutation is replaced by ridicule, and explanation of a point gives way to finding ways to laugh at those who don't understand it while remaining consistent with truth.
>>
>>24273386
First off, take 1, not 2 your first time.

Secondly, remember it's just a drug, and that you'll be fine.
If your trip is bad, just lay down and wait 2 hours for the peak to pass.

Music is amazing whilst on it, just listen to something slow, relaxing but cheerful, and get comfy in your bed.
>>
>>24280434

It feels like LSD gave me broader perception on things. Like why certain people act the way the do.

And truly not giving a monkey's fuck about certain things. Like minor inconveniences such as traffic or having to take the bus.
>>
>>24280708
>Music is amazing whilst on it

I prefer for my appreciation of music to grow through understanding of music theory (in terms of both composition and performance vocabulary), and not through cranking up my brain to dumbly like everything more (before: 'Music.', after: 'HOLY SHIT MUSIC!!!').

>>24280723
>It feels like LSD gave me broader perception on things. Like why certain people act the way the do.

(Don't ask for examples, don't ask for examples...)

>And truly not giving a monkey's fuck about certain things. Like minor inconveniences such as traffic or having to take the bus.

You forgot to mention how you came to believe this is a good thing.
>>
>>24280681
>Past a certain point (or, simply, number of posts and threads), refutation is replaced by ridicule

So you're defending your main argument on the fact that this thread has reached a certain number of posts?

>and explanation of a point gives way to finding ways to laugh at those who don't understand it while remaining consistent with truth.

I simply state that you are basing you're assumptions on personal experience instead of facts and statistics. After this, you give me more assumptions and you even refuse to answer the original question and even stray from it.

Now, what is the "truth" to you? Because the truth to me relies on actual factual data and not personal experiences from a single person. Hell, you even mock people holding similar opinions in these posts
>>24280489
>>24280563
Yet you do it yourself.
>>
>>24280757
I recommend you save this post as a template reply for other 'evidence-elusive' people, so that your effort isn't wasted.
>>
sorry but i just had to post this funny story about a man jacking off on lsd in hyperspace lol

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=13155
>>
>>24280777
Sure, will do.
>>
>>24280737
>I prefer for my appreciation of music to grow through understanding of music theory (in terms of both composition and performance vocabulary)
Literally the most obnoxious thing I've seen on here.

On LSD, you feel and hear music from a new perspective. It's not 'HOLY SHIT MUSIC!!!,' you just feel so in tune and connected with it. Music you've never liked before suddenly sounds amazing, and even after the trip is over, you have a new appreciation for it.
>>
>>24280757
Oh, and as for 'data', I'm sorry, you missed the phase that I amused myself by writing out studies measuring operationalized effects of 'psychedelics' on truthfulness, literalness, interests, attention in interpersonal exchanges, empathy (people-pleasing), white lies, belief-forming (accident vs connection) and such, by a couple of months.

>>24280807
>It's not 'HOLY SHIT MUSIC!!!,' you just feel so in tune and connected with it. Music you've never liked before suddenly sounds amazing, and even after the trip is over, you have a new appreciation for it.

'It's not "HOLY SHIT MUSIC!!!", it's "HOLY SHIT MUSIC!!!"'
>>
>>24280820
you're such a fag dude
i bet you're not even a musician
as a musician i have such an amazing appreciation for what acid does to my music listening experience
>>
>>24280820
Do you have autism? I'm not talking about the meme autism but the real kind. This is a genuine question.
>>
>>24280757

Why so smug fedora? Psychs are just a fun way of gaining a new perspective. It's good when you have a shitty one to begin with. Shrooms helped me learn to chameleon myself with the normies. I got a job, gf, and all that other shit grown-ups are supposed to do.
>>
>>24280434
>Based on what exactly? Your personal experience based on the lsd users you've met in your life? Even if you met 1,000 people that isn't even 1% of the lsd users of the people who've taken it for the first time this year alone.
Do you even understand how surveys work?
They take a large sample size to approximately determine the views of everyone involved.
Even if 1,000 people isn't even 1% of LSD users, it's a damn good representation of the total.

During the UK general election, surveys were usually only 1,000-2,000 people, that's about 0.00004% of the population.
>>
>>24280820
>>24280807
Incidentally, '...music you've never liked before' is telling. I've long noticed degeneration of taste in 'psychedelic' users, stereotyped, but stereotyped truthfully, in the association of Pink Floyd with drugs (otherwise nothing could have got them labelled as progressive rock).

>>24280842
>Do you have autism?

No, I don't.

>This is a genuine question.

No, it's not.
>>
>>24280820
There's literally no way you're not autistic.

>>24280877
>I've long noticed degeneration of taste in 'psychedelic' users
Based on what exactly? Your personal experience based on the lsd users you've met in your life? Even if you met 1,000 people that isn't even 1% of the lsd users of the people who've taken it for the first time this year alone.
>>
>>24280877
>I've long noticed degeneration of taste in 'psychedelic' users
How many people have you personally met that has taken pyschs?
>>
>>24280890
>>24280904
More perfectly arbitrary impositions on (redefinitions of) evidential merit. 'Your evidence is not valid unless [insert arbitrary requirement, such as "you meet the people in person"].'

Oh druggies. You're a queer bunch.
>>
>>24280924
>Your evidence is not valid unless [insert arbitrary requirement, such as "you meet the people in person"]

Yes, that's how it works. It's as if I made an assumption on people who live in [X place] without ever meeting anyone who lives in [X place].
>>
>>24280924
>'Your evidence is not valid unless [insert arbitrary requirement, such as "you meet the people in person"].'

The sentence this comment is directed towards was copied from a post you've previous written >>24280434

It's nice to see you arguing with your own autism.
>>
>>24280949
An assumption is evidence-less by definition.

What you meant to criticize is the ability to generalize about a population from a sample.

Which is silly, because you can and will question it until literally every single druggie has been interviewed.
>>
>>24280979
>An assumption is evidence-less by definition.
Exactly my point.

>What you meant to criticize is the ability to generalize about a population from a sample.
The thing is that you've never even met a sample of the population to base your assumptions on.

>Which is silly, because you can and will question it until literally every single druggie has been interviewed.
This was never said nor implied.
>>
Mushrooms didn't cure my autism, but it made me accept it. I don't care anymore if I'm NEET and KV.
>>
>tripping alone for the first time
>taking TWO hits

you couldn't be more retarded OP
>>
>>24280979
Also, now I think of it, it's about time this discussion comes to you druggies' inevitable preposterous denial of scientific validity of logical conclusions (forming of corollaries through analogy, such as the conclusion that drugs impair musical taste because they demonstrably impair conscientious and ability to be bored as well), redefining the latter concept to only mean provision of 'peer-reviewed' (your favourite phrase) studies while being blind to the fact that those studies could never hve been made without the conclusions phase.

Which is NOT an admission that there's no data regarding their impairment of musical taste, no.

>>24281019
>you've never even met a sample of the population

I deeply wish.

>This was never said nor implied.

Jesus Christ, you fucking megalomaniac. That's about the fourth time you do this. Stop thinking so lowly of other readers of this thread so as to think that I'm only concerned with your own person, to the point of failing to use the opportunity to point out other druggies' manipulative tactics to them (such as the one you quoted). It's not just about you, God. Whenever I can make the point that druggies do something, I will. Contain your fucking ego.
>>
>>24273449

>taking acid at home with your parents in the next room
>hyping yourself about taking psychedelics so much you expect life-altering experiences

No.
>>
>>24281085
>I deeply wish.
So you admit you haven't met even a sample of the population. k.

>That's about the fourth time you do this
Maybe because you're spouting things that were never implied in the first place?
>>
>>24281119
>Maybe because you're spouting things that were never implied in the first place?

Let me go through this again, slowly.

You see quotes by me with things druggies tend to say.

Your druggie, delusions of relevance-riddled brain interprets this as implications that you've been saying those things.

Your druggie, delusions of grandeur-riddled brain fails to realize that I'm mentioning those quotes to give other readers ITT an example of druggie rhetorics.

You accuse me of implying untruths.
>>
File: sad cat.jpg (221 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
sad cat.jpg
221 KB, 1024x1024
>Spend every drug thread that I find giving advice about how to safely use drugs
>Make sure to let people know that it's not a miracle cure for anything
>Shit like this still happens

God damn some of you guys are retarded. I really hope this is fake.
>>
>>24273761
This almost happened to me too when my roommates took me to the hospital when I was blasted on DXM/weed, but I got my shit together and managed to piss when I realized they were serious about catheterizing my dickhole
>>
>>24281146
>Your druggie, delusions of relevance-riddled brain interprets this as implications that you've been saying those things.
Again, I never implied that it was me saying those things.
I stated that since you couldn't have possibly have met that many people personally to formulate your opinion, that it was merely an assumption based on a handful of people online.

>Your druggie, delusions of grandeur-riddled brain fails to realize that I'm mentioning those quotes to give other readers ITT an example of druggie rhetorics.
No doubt about that. But what I was getting at was where were you getting these examples from? Since you even admit to not even meeting a sample of the population who has even taken pyschs here >>24281085, what are you even basing your examples on? Nothing but assumptions.

>You accuse me of implying untruths.
Because you are.
>>
>>24281119
>>24281207
Also, what I wish for is that I had NOT met the population.

Please read carefully the lines my lines reply to.

>>24281161
>advice about how to safely use drugs
>advice about how to safely use something unsafe

Have you considered that your premise might be flawed?
>>
>>24281161

I like this expressive cat photo
>>
File: 1438564691571.jpg (489 KB, 965x1311) Image search: [Google]
1438564691571.jpg
489 KB, 965x1311
>>24281235
I have this saved just for you.
>>
>>24279932
People who take psychedelics and claim to have some kind of spiritual awakening are dumb fucks. No mushroom or compound derived from a fungus will give you any higher understanding of spirituality, you just took a mind-altering drug and felt the symptoms of it, there's nothing divine about it.

But I will say, as someone who's done his fair share of acid and dmt, that psychedelics have a way of making you incredibly introspective, they exacerbate the kinds of emotions you regularly feel, and with the way it makes your thinking more creative, people can see their flawed thought processes with a lot of clarity, and can come up with ways to change them. I guess you could call it a boost of self-awareness.

I used to be a narcissistic asshole, and LSD made that really obvious, so I've been trying to stop it since then.
>>
File: divinepepe.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
divinepepe.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
>>24281317

holy shit I was just passing through and is this real? Is that a real guy?
>>
>>24281207
You cannot conceivably expect the science you so profess to love to have studies for every single impairment 'psychedelics' wreak.

But, in fact...

I've long known that I am right before I find any confirmation of my knowledge.

In fact, I've amused myself more than once by intentionally telling the truth here on /r9k/ and only looking up the confirmation later -- which I always did find. Not only am I never wrong, I am never wrong even before I find the proof.

And lo, here it happens again. I decided to go to Google after all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/1si7e2/psychedelics_have_permanently_changed_my_taste_in/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/2dwt2o/do_you_think_drug_use_has_changed_your_taste_in/

>I now like a lot of ambient, downtempo and post-rock music that I never had the patience for before.
>Two artists I recently got into and fell in love with after discovering them while tripping. Really laid back [...]. Not sure how to really classify, maybe light electronic/trip-hop?
>Fell in love with certain edm
>I finally fucking understand more minimal stuff, it's that groove that gets you
>Couldn't tolerate classic rock, soft singer-songwriter types, or anything slow at all.

As well as a lot more examples hidden behind band names I don't know about, because I don't listen to shitty music.

And that's just two threads.

>>24281317
Good, everyone in this thread can now appraise the quality of the sources cited in this picture.
>>
>>24273386
no you're just an idiot who didn't do enough research to realize that the only help for a bad trip is to ride it out

never tell an authority figure you have used drugs, the system is not designed to accommodate drug use
>>
>>24273962
>that guy he replied
>literally told him whats up
>he's still looking down
>>
>>24281360
>drugs made me incredibly introspective, profoundly more creative, significantly more perceptive, exceptionally more clear-thinking, and astoundingly more self-aware
>I, uh, I understood I was a dick

Okay.
>>
>>24281373
I don't get it, so the fact that lsd changed a persons music taste somehow justifies what was written here? >>24279932
Your post and the one I listed aren't even related to music nor taste.

>shitty music.
I don't listen to it either but taste is a very subjective thing.
>>
>>24281411
Well hey it helped. I'm always looking for ways to improve myself.
>>
>>24281390
They always want to take you to the hospital, which is about the WORST thing to do to someone having a bad trip.
>>
File: 1442150621013.jpg (85 KB, 520x750) Image search: [Google]
1442150621013.jpg
85 KB, 520x750
>be me
>take 1 tab with my pal
>we drive home
>on the ride home forest seems to get bigger
>usually like a 10 min ride back home but felt way longer
>as soon as I get home the forest looks smaller
>have to parallel park home normally shit at it but I did it first try
> go to my neighbors house and trip balls looking at his fish tanks
>play gta 5 and feel like I'm in the game
>end up smoking pot the rest of the night
>his mom tells us to go to sleep cause it's late
>fuck.jpg
>go home and still trip some more, can't sleep
>shitpost on /r9k/

it was fun except the part where we got caught but it wasn't my mom so it didn't matter lol
>>
>>24281430
Yes. Those two posts, about musical taste and about druggies' redefinition of understanding, were totally connected. When a user of 'psychedelics' sees a connection, it inheres in the very core of reality. You've just unearthed a relationship within the deepest substrate of the universe.

>>24281456
It's more or less okay to get passive and people-pleasing, just don't call that introspection, okay? Introspection is like, oh for fucks' why are my intellectual standards so high that I always need to provide an example even when druggies constantly fail to appreciate it, realizing that one's engaging in >>24279932.

>>24281430
Taste is not subjective. 'Psychedelics' literally make you prefer simpler music; one whose algorithmization and description in terms of musical/cultural references takes less space.
>>
>>24273386

OP I just wanted to reply to you senpai

That sucks, I would advocate explaining to your parents that you were trying to heal yourself, come armed with evidence about therapeutic psychedelics and fully and firmly explain your position REGARDLESS of whether they believe you.

Tell them you need your xanax back and how traumatic the rehab experience and getting treated like a drug addict was for you. DO not listen to their position or let them argue with you.

This is purely for your benefit, simply fully and firmly state your ethical position. Tell them also that since they have control over you by way of the money that you will follow their demands, but you NEED to state your position.

This is for your benefit.

As far as psychedelics, I don't really recommend them unless you have an urge to do them for fun. If you willingly do them for fun they will also be therapeutic. But it has to be enjoyable first and foremost.

Here is a drug you can do: robitussin gel caps. This is a dissociative which in my experience you literally cannot get anxiety on and which provides an amazing amount of perspective and relaxation without any stress. Just start at a comfortably low dose.

In my experience DXM is actually anti-autism in a bottle. My theory is that the root of autism is extreme pathological fear-anxiety which prevents intuitive understanding of any and all things. Whether that is true or not, DXM is perfect for this application imo.
>>
>>24281317
(By the way, I just realized that the best way to debunk this picture is to post more in the manner which provoked its creation. Such is life.)
>>
>>24273386
Anon, psychedelics are for smart people.

Don't take psychedelics if you are stupid anon, because clearly you're fucking retarded and can't handle them, it ruins it for the rest of us.
>>
>>24281512
>When a user of 'psychedelics' sees a connection, it inheres in the very core of reality. You've just unearthed a relationship within the deepest substrate of the universe.

Again, what are you basing this on? None of the posters within the reddit thread said nor implied this.

>Taste is not subjective
Yea it is. Even in this post >>24281373 there are multiple opinions of what music they prefer.

>Couldn't tolerate anything slow at all.
>I finally fucking understand more minimal stuff, it's that groove that gets you
>>
>>24281571
>>Couldn't tolerate anything slow at all.

Much as I loathe the cliche of pointing out people's reading comprehension, anon pls.
>>
>>24281596
Sorry, I've been arguing with a guy who believes that music taste is objective for a couple hours.
>>
>>24281622
Should've read >>24281317
>>
>>24281622
If you want to equate Golden and Silver age of Roman poetry with AAVE, be my guest, but don't make watch or listen.
>>
>>24273386
you dun goof'd when you did it at home while your parents were sleeping you big retard. did you not research it at all before doing it? set/setting, mental preparation etc. you literally ruined your own life by being a stupid fuck
>>
>>24281671
>If you want to equate Golden and Silver age of Roman poetry with AAVE, be my guest

Roman poetry is shit. Another example of how taste is subjective
>>
I think OP is full of shit. This is not how that would have played out.

I was with a couple of guys celebrating one dude's twenty-first birthday. He'd already had his fun with alcohol and wanted to go in the woods and trip on acid for the first time. So he took his tabs, started losing his mind, tearing all his clothes off and running around like a lunatic.

We got him in the car and took him to the hospital. They gave him some anti-psychotic (seroquel I think, not positive though), and he was back to normal in fifteen minutes or so. They released him shortly after and we took him home.

There are drugs that almost instantly counter-act most psychedelics, there would have been no reason to involve a catheter or a three day stint in the hospital. They did give the guy an IV drip to make sure he wasn't too dehydrated, but that was about all.

Hell, my sister-in-law fucking OD'd on heroin and was released the same night. Her 'friends' tossed her out of a moving car in front of the ER. After the doctors revived her, they let her leave.
>>
OP you fucking retard, "psychedelics" won't cure your depression just like "medicine" won't. Maybe Prozac will do the trick, but Tylenol won't. Same thing for psychedelics, they are a wide range of chemicals that affect the brain in many different ways. As far as I know, the only type that has been shown to cure depression are NMDA receptor antagonists, like Ketamine, or Nitros Oxide(laughing gas). Another thing to note is that the healing effect is NOT reliant on you having a trip. In most clinical settings, they will set you up with a diluted IV drip at such a low concentration that you won't even feel a thing. There has not been any research on acid as far as I know, so fuck anyone's personal experience until we know more. Shrooms and mdma have been shown to treat PTSD and anxiety, but Shrooms sometimes make it worse so you shouldn't take those
>>
>>24281513
Nah dxm is bad for relating to other humans. Also makes anxiety pretty bad when coming off higher doses. Even on small doses your brain still feels fucked up 2-3 days after.
>>
You can ever go through legal channels to get the only psychedelics that's have actually been proven to treat depression. No need to be a degenerative fag
>>
>>24282472
>treat depression

My old analogy holds.

'Psychedelics' and 'meditation' treat depression about as much as amputation treats a nerve or skin condition of a limb.

'Yeah I understood it didn't really matter heh.'

This is not a treatment, it is escapism. Face your problems rather than dismiss them.
>>
>>24282260
>the only drugs that cure depression are the ones that disconnect you from reality entirely
Dissociatives are fucking magic
I can't believe the rep overlords allow them to continue to exist
>>
>>24273386
>first time tripping
>taking two blotters

You have no one to blame but yourself. There are countless sites dealing with psychedelics and how to (relativly) safely use them, i'm 99% sure not a single one recommends going full retard and drop two blotters when you never had LSD before.

>>24273448
Same here, hence why i would never touch any kind of psychedelics. Coke, MDMA and drink is what i like, though i am two weeks clean and sober now.
>>
>>24273448
>If you hate yourself and your life and everyone you know deep down do not take them.

I am like that but I've only had pleasant trips, even the one bad trip I had I enjoyed because it hit close to home.

Basically OP is a retard a faggot a complete moron and a fucking imbecile juvenile.
>>
>I take two blotters

fucking fag educate yourself next time
>>
>>24274171
>the come down isn't as bad

That's some serious bullshit.
>>
>>24283331
This.

Only two times in my life have I felt so bad that not even the thought of killing myself would some relief. One of those times came out of nowhere but in hindsight it was 2 days after I did MDMA.
>>
>>24282567
The chemical substance we refer to as ketamine, and the other one known as nitros oxide, are chemicals. They interact with the brain just like Tylenol does. So you are either saying that you don't believe any medicines work, or you are saying that these ones don't because they happened to be enjoyable in large doses. Which is it? Also, it is not escapism. If you had bothered to read my post, you would know that I said that their medicinal properties ARE NOT reliant on a head change. There are now clinics that treat patients with ketamine, and they dilute it so much that you honestly only feel a little light headed at most. It's not even enjoyable, the treatment doesn't rely on it being enjoyable or you tripping, because it is a chemical reaction in the brain.
Everything in our brain happens because of chemicals. Depression is when those chemicals are out of balance. This happens more frequently in first world countries for some reason. Pollution? Maybe. A lifestyle humans aren't physically meant for? Probably. We are not are the point in society where 15 to 20 percent of our population can radically alter their lifestyle. It's better to just use chemicals(aka medicine, aka some psychedelics). The only ones I can speak to with certainty are ketamine and Nitros Oxide. I don't claim any healing properties for acid
>>
Is the anti Buddha real
>>
>>24274171
>the come down isn't as bad,
ohhhhhhhhhhh my god no
>>
File: nigger(294).jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
nigger(294).jpg
7 KB, 228x221
>want to have a serious psychedelic experience or something that will make me appreciate my life more like MDMA
>i can only get weed sometimes if the right guy is around and even high dose edibles don't get me 'psychedelicly high' any more after the first few times

is there some place where MDMA is legal, would definitely blow a couple neetbux payments to fly somewhere?
flipped some cow shit for shrooms the other day but i don't think its the right season here, would prefer not to get into dark web territory.
>>
>>24283642>>24283642
Salvia is legal in a few states. It is a crazy intense ass hallucinogenic. I had the best experience ever on it, but my friend took it and thought that his parents were replaced by aliens for 6 months, so it's a gamble. Only take it if you're pretty neurotypical and normie minded
>>
>>24281372
I sometimes pass through these threads, and yeah, the massive walls of text and shitposting are common enough in them that I would conclude it to be a really obsessive anon
>>
>>24283710
>taking salvia
why would anyone do this to themselves?
>>
>>24283897
That's not even the worst part. I was 12 when I did it, and it was the first time I'd smoked anything. But I don't regret it, it really gave me some fun perspective on social norms
>>
Why would anyone want to go to therapy when you could just take hallucygens and do buddist meditation?
>>
File: 236437253.jpg (6 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
236437253.jpg
6 KB, 217x232
>>24273386
>lives with parents
>takes LSD
>takes 2 blotters on first time
If I were you, I'd kill myself
>>
>>24284368
>implying therapists don't recommend those
>>
If you don't agree that psychedelics are good, you probably have a very small IQ. Not that IQ means shit but still
>>
>>24284431
'Psychedelics' decrease the IQ level as reflected by spontaneous (as opposed to directed) intellectual performance, such as noticing details about your environment ('hey, I wonder why this thing...'-wise), by around three standard deviations during the trip and around one thereafter.
>>
>>24284486
A sort of a parable, not to take literally but to keep in mind regarding this subject, is the story of Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. The former is being universally hailed as a genius, but cursory Googling suggests that the former also 'literally never wrote a single line of code', and the brains behind Apple was the latter. Guess which man is also famous for his relationship with 'psychedelics' and Eastern religions.
>>
>>24284486
You sound like you have a few too many potatoes in your stew if you catch my drift
>>
>>24284525
People who are influenced by sheeple philosophy are good at selling shit to other sheeple. Who knew
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.