[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /noattentionspan/ here? >Doomed in academics because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 6R12znx.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
6R12znx.jpg
247 KB, 1920x1040
Who /noattentionspan/ here?

>Doomed in academics because no focus or interest
>Cant even watch TV or read books because mind drifts within 2 minutes and I end up going to do something else.
>End up spending days spending vast amounts of time doing nothing.
>Realise there is so much time I can't account for and don't remember.
>>
>>24169642
Are you me? I thought I was literally the only one who is like this. Do you have some diagnosis? I can't even keep focus on conversations, after 2 minutes I just pretend to listen while my head is traveling through space and time. At the end of the day, I realize I don't remember 70% of the day.
>>
I had this problem and I thought it was bad before, but it seems to getting even worse now. Typing up a post to completion (like this one) already feels like an achievement to me now.
>>
I used to be able to read quite well, but the internet has caused my attention and willpower to atrophy severely. Just looking at a book for a few minutes feels like a chore, and I don't retain anything. It feels bad that I've dug myself into such a hole that makes it hard to improve.
>>
add and autism

feels so bad i might kill myself
>>
I'm exactly the same way. While I used to able able to read a book,it would take such a long time to finish because I would keep getting distracted. Now I can barely do it.

I think my short attention span is why I use this site so much. It provides the perfect type of stimulation my mind desires, and I wouldn't be surprised if it has made things worse on this front.
>>
i wonder what diagnoses i would have received as a child if anyone actually gave a shit about me
maybe i wouldnt be where i am today
>>
>>24169942

Yeah I feel like I've always had attention issues, but this site and the internet in general exacerbates them quite a bit. If I could quit I think my life would improve quite a bit.
>>
>>24170029
then quit, it's literally simple. limit internet use to 1-3 hours a week maximum.
>>
>>24169642
I am diagnosed with bipolar, but lately I've been thinking I might have add. I don't really care about the diagnosis though, I just want to be able to complete a fucking task without suddenly drifting away into my own head and realize it like 2 hours later.
>>
>>24170096
That's easier said than done. I'd start feeling a great deal of pain and anxiety if I tried to quit.
>>
File: byof.jpg (35 KB, 625x450) Image search: [Google]
byof.jpg
35 KB, 625x450
Yeah I have this exactly. I went and saw a psychiatrist because I'd had people say it could be ADD/ADHD. I really thought she was going to help but she diagnosed me with OCD and gave me medication that made me want to kill myself.

I don't even really feel like a complete human any more. I lose so much time
>>
>have 45 tabs open

anyone else do this? i keep losing focus and telling myself i'll go back and finish reading or whatever later. i rarely actually do it and only get rid of them when firefox crashes or i exit and fuck up opening my last session
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.